Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 4,254 Words
  • 2,246 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home Away From Home - 28. Chapter 28

The next morning, after showering, brushing teeth, shaving, we headed down for breakfast and to meet up with the rest of the gang. There was only the 4 of us in the elevator. “We’re sorry making that comment about giving Anthony a massage. You give great massages, I was so relaxed I fell asleep.”

“I know you both did. I didn’t realize you slept so deep. Puppy and I had fun. Good thing you weren’t girls, you both would've been pregnant”

“You didn’t. Anthony tell me he’s jerking my chain again” Just before entering the breakfast room, Anthony told them that yes, I was jerking their chain again.

“We’ll fly back home tomorrow. Today we need to finish the enrollment, sort out dorms or what ever else is needed, then plan to be back by next Monday. Chet, what are your plans? Internet or here?”

“I could work from here as long as I have an internet connection or I could go to Hawaii with Rita. Finishing on the internet isn’t a problem for me.”

“Rita, what do you think?”

“I think Chet should stay here until the project get’s a little further along. We haven’t started building yet. Once we get the main office finished, then Chet can join me and finished what ever he has left to do.”

“Chet, does that sound ok to you.”

“Yes, it’s perfect. I may be able to finish sooner since I’ll be working at my rate.”

“So all we need to do is to sort out you two and figure how to provide security.

“We could all sleep in the same room. David and Larry like sleeping in our room. It's so much fun.”

David’s face turns red. “David, what happened?”

“Last night we made fun of Carlo giving Anthony a massage. Anthony asked for one and we made suggestive remarks. When we got to the room, Anthony took a shower, laid down on the bed, and Carlo proceeded to give him a massage. After the massage, Carlo laid down spooning Anthony. Lights out. Then we heard Anthony starting to tell Carlo, things like, take it out, it hurts, this goes on for a while then he starts crying. I jump out of bed and flip the light on. This ass, Carlo, comes out of the bathroom and starts accusing me of molesting Anthony. He really had me going. I couldn’t breathe for a while and Larry kept looking at me like what the hell did you do. Then these clowns start to laugh. It was a joke to get back at us for making fun of his massage. But he did good, he gave Larry and I a very good massage that put us to sleep. Then coming down in the elevator they pretend they had their way with us while we were sleeping. I tell you boss, these two are something else. If we didn’t believe that they are as committed to each other as Larry and I, I'd quit. In hind sight, it was funny. I never have been so scared. All I could thing of was jail.”

Rita was dabbing her eyes, “Don’t feel bad, he put me to sleep the first time he gave me a massage, I think you fell asleep as well Tony.”

“Yep, he put you to bed, he left me on the table. I almost broke my neck.”

“I wasn’t going to wrestle you to bed with that canon.”

More laughter, how many young people can speak so openly in front of their parents and friends, not many. Rita and Tony were one in a million. Look what they did to find a suitable mate for their son.

That morning we did enroll. I found some of the professors actually wrote some of my engineering books. We got a married apartment and next to us were Larry and David. We set up an intercom as well as cameras so we knew who entered and left our apartments. The guys attended the classes with us, in fact the only time they weren’t with us was when we went to bed.

Chet finished his degree ahead of time. Working with the computer, he was able to proceed at his own rate which eliminated lengthy discussions from other students. I predict that more students will obtain degrees through the internet. They will be able to make progress at their speed, rather than a classroom average. He’s now in Hawaii and Emily is still his bodyguard. Although, I think that will come to an end soon, Rita is talking about hiring her to oversee security. Chet met a girl at the school, but it didn’t work out. Rita tells me he’s chatting up one of the local beauties. We wish him best and look forward to seeing him, when we visit the resort.

 

Time moves on. Five years have passed, Anthony competed his undergraduate work and I did some graduate work while I waited for Anthony to finish. Anthony was now 23 and I was 25, but we still love each other as we did when he was 18 and I was 20. Now that Anthony had completed his bachelors degree, we began looking for medical schools where Tony can provide the necessary security. One more attempt was made at Nick’s cafe, he didn’t know where we went. Doug stayed with Mom and Dad. I think Mom is trying to get him married. I have a lot of cousins.

I started to work part-time for Tony. It’s interesting work. I look forward to being full time and helping Anthony with getting a M.D. after his name. I have started to work on the completion of my masters degree in business as it will pay off when Tony decides to retire.

 

Four more years have passed, I have my MBA and tonight, Anthony receives his medical degree. We are all going, even Mom and Dad, Doug is bringing them. Joe and Roy have been invited, Chet with his Hawaiian beauty and Rita and Tony. Our body guards are with us, we are closer than brothers.

“How do I look?”

“Like a million Puppy. You do know you will wear a gown over that.”

“Yes, but after at dinner, I won’t. I’m excited.”

“You should be. It was your dream and you made it come true.”

“It may have been my dream, but you played a big role in making it come true.”

“I would do anything for you Puppy. I love you more than anything” Yep a toe curling kiss.

Tony arranged for a large limo to take us to the ceremony. Doug and the security people followed in their own van. When we arrived at the school, Larry and David exited the security van and walked with Anthony and I into the school. Larry stayed with me as David went with Anthony. “Do you think they will allow David on the stage with him.”

“That’s a good question. We’ll have to wait to see.”

Soon, we were asked to take our seats. After a brief commentary, the President of the University, began to call the names of the recipients to the podium. Included in those that completed medical school, were all of those who received doctorate degrees. It took some time. I looked for Anthony and saw him sitting next to David.
“Larry, is David getting a degree?”

“Why?”

“He’s sitting next to Anthony.”

Things proceeded fairly smooth until Anthony’s name was called, There was a lot of noise behind us and then quiet return as the proceedings continue. When Anthony and David rejoined us and as we headed to our limo, I noticed a lot of cops around that weren’t there before the ceremony. Something happened and I’ll bet it had to do with the noise I heard.

Once we were in the car, heading toward the restaurant, I leaned over to Tony, “We need to talk”. He nodded his head.

The restaurant was very exclusive. We were shown to a private room which was very nicely decorated. There was a bar and a table with cold and hot hors d’oeuvres. It was a true celebration, Tony and Rita were so proud. I think they smiled so much I’ll bet their mouthes hurt. Mom and Dad were proud of their number one son. And I couldn’t have been any prouder. I stayed in the background. “Carlo, what are you doing back here, you should be there with him.”

“No, Rita, this is his night. He has worked hard for this, he needs the love these people are giving him. I’ll have my time, a life time of time.”

Rita looked at me, I saw a tear slip out, I took my finger and caught it. She kissed my cheek, “I’m so glad I found you.”

Rita said something to Tony and I saw him make his way toward me. “Are you proud of your accomplishment.”

“What accomplishment ?”

“That one standing there.”

“I didn’t accomplish that, you and Rita instilled the genes that have carried him this far when you both conceived him. Your nourishment, upbringing and love brought him here. This is his and his only. His work, his sweat and determination made this happen. It wasn't me. I got a finished project.”

“Do you think he would have made it this far without you?”

“Yes, his commitment and desire to be doctor took him this far. This is his night, he worked for it and got what he desired and deserved.”

“I think you understate yourself and what you have contributed to this night.”

“I’m glad you think that but you’re wrong.”

Tony walked away shaking his head. I saw him whisper something to Rita. There was another tear in her eye, this time Tony removed it and gave her a one arm hug. The waiter announced that dinner was being served, if we would take our seats. Who said the least shall be first. I sat at the end of the table, with my boy in front of me. I saw him look for me and when he found me he had a funny expression, like saying what are you doing down there. I blew him a kiss. His mom and dad sat to the left and right of him. My mom sat next to Rita and my dad next to Tony. I had David and Larry to my left and right. “Are you proud of him?”

“Yes, very proud, he still has a way to go, but he’ll make it.”

“And you’ll be there with him.”

“If he’ll let me.” David looked perplexed when I said that. “I love him very much and he loves me just as much. The future isn’t clear, and I or you have no idea what lies ahead. But I can only state what is in my heart and mind. I’ll be there until he tells me no, I hope and pray that day never comes.”

“If I asked him the same question, what would he say?”

“I don’t know. I’d like to believe the same thing I have said. But I’ll never ask him that question.”

“He is enjoying himself.”

“And rightly so, this is his night. He has reached a major milestone in his life.”

“Are you still planning on going to Amsterdam?”

“Yes, you have to go with us. Do you want to get married also?” I noticed David looking at Larry. I saw a doubt in Larry’s eyes. “Larry, do you love David?” Larry shook his head yes. “David, do you love Larry?” David shook his head yes. I took their hands and joined them, “By the powers invested in me by love, I now pronounce you married.” See that wasn’t hard. You’re more than security for us, you’re our best friends as well. You love each other, you can see it in your eyes. Get rings and be sure to bring them with you along with birth certificates and passports. We share lives, now we’ll share weddings. It is ordained in heaven.” I watched them talk with their eyes, heads nodding, I knew they will join us.

I glanced down at my Puppy. His mom whispered in his ear, he looked at me. I gave a silly wave. Then his father whispered in his ear. He looked at me, I gave him another silly wave. He started to get up, I shook my head no and pointed to the waiters bringing a cake for him to cut.

You never know what Puppy is going to say. They sat the cake in front of him, He takes a knife slices the cake and places it on a plate Rita gave him. “I know that tonight is all about me receiving my medical degree. But that degree belongs not only to me, but also to the man who provided the love and the encouragement to see my dream come true. This first piece of cake belongs to him, my future husband, Carlo.”

Everyone clapped. I stood up and walked to the front and took the cake. I picked up a fork, broke off a piece and fed it to him. Then kissed him. I smacked my lips. “Good cake, served on warm lips. Can’t be beat.”

Everyone laughed. “Sit here Carlo.”

“No Puppy, this is your night surrounded by family and friends. I know you love me and I know you will always be with me, I’m not too far. Give these people a piece of your love. They all love you.” Another kiss. I took my cake and went back to my seat.

David went to snatch a piece. I moved it away from him and Larry took a piece. When I moved it back away from Larry, David got a piece. I got up and stood while I ate it. It was good cake.

When dinner was over and everyone gave Anthony a hug and a few kisses, it was time to leave. Tony took care of the bill, Doug arranged for the cars to be brought around. We drove to a hotel that Tony had booked for the night. I got a chance to talk to my mom and dad. They were proud of Anthony. Mom raved about Doug, she couldn’t fill him up. Mom loved cooking, Doug loved eating, a pair made in heaven. Poor Dad had to listen to Mom brag about Doug. Definitely son number three.

It was a nice hotel, the rooms were comfortable, we had a single room right next door to Larry and David. There was an interconnecting door. I unlocked our side but kept it closed. I watched my Puppy undressed. He still had his 6 pack and runners body. I laid out the massage oil, I knew he would ask for one. We undressed, took a long shower and headed to bed. He laid on his stomach as I began to massage his back. I took a long time massaging him and he did fall asleep. I wipe the excess oil and laid down beside him. Immediately he wrapped himself around me. When I awoke in the morning he was still wrapped around me. I luxuriated in the feelings he gave me. He was my love. I watched him sleep, his face was peaceful. Slowly his eyes opened, he smiled. “I hope every time I open my eyes in the morning, I see your face.”

I kissed him some more, "Go to sleep, it's early." He drifted off with a smile. I closed my eyes enjoying the warmth of his body as he snuggled into me. For me, mornings like this was as close to heaven on earth I would ever get.

It seemed like a second later the interim door open, “You guys still sleeping?”

“Shh Doc, had a late night house call.”

Anthony heard me, he giggled. “It wasn’t anything. The patient had a cramp in a muscle that need relaxing.”

That did it, David cracked up and Larry had to come and see what was funny. David told him, then he just shook his head. “Get ready, breakfast, then we have to check out. Have to make sure plane schedules are met.”

As soon as the door close, Puppy and I headed for the bathroom. Showering together always takes longer, but so much more fun. We not only leave clean, but also satisfied that our love is still strong. Getting dressed, “What did your mom and dad whispered to you last night before you cut the cake?”

“Mom was amazed at what you told her but she wouldn’t say what it was. She said to give you the first piece of cake. I guess they do that at weddings. Dad said I was the luckiest guy on the face of this earth. Never had he heard of such devotion. I don’t know what you told them but Carlo, they couldn’t love you more if you were their son.”

“I didn’t tell them anything earth shattering. The wanted to know why I wasn’t standing with you when you were surround by our family and friends offering their congratulations. I told them both that this was your night, you earned it and should accept the accolade given by good friends. Words to that effect. I don’t remember word for word.” I did remember, but they weren’t important now. He was in my arms and will always be in my heart.

We met Larry and David in the hall. “Got your bags packed?” We nodded yes “Let’s go and eat.”

As we entered the dining room, every one was there sitting around a big table eating. Chet ever the wise guy, “Well, it's about time you guys showed up. We were ready to send the troops.”

“We would have been down sooner but we had to wait for two old ex-military finish whatever they were doing.”

“I think they were exercising, at least it sounded like that with the ooh’s and aah’s we heard.”

Poor David, Larry’s face turned red. David tried to defend them saying they had to wait on us. In a situation like this the more you try to get out of it, the more you dig yourself in deeper. Larry just grabbed David and gave him a kiss to shut him up.

After the laughing died down, I said that I was explaining what I said to Rita and Tony last night. When I was explaining, we weren’t dressing, so we were the ones lagging.

“You should explain about your first medical call out last night, Anthony.”

Now you shouldn’t bait Puppy. “David, do you really want me to tell, I mean I’ll do it?”

“Now you have our interest up. Let’s hear it.”

“Well, I got this call that there was a man who had a severe cramp in one of his appendages and needed relief. So I went and told him how to relieve the cramp in medical terms.”

David turned red, Larry cracked up and tears were rolling down his cheeks. Everyone starts to laugh.

“That isn’t really what happened. Dave came into our room to tell us to get up. We had awaken earlier, but Puppy was still a little tired so I let him sleep longer. When David came in, he was still sleeping. So I told him that he had a late night house call from a man who had a cramp and need it relieved.”

David is just so much fun to tease. I love him and no one else is permitted to tease him. He’s my Gracie Allen.

With breakfast over, we picked up our bags and headed to the cars. We dropped Chet off, he had the longest flight, next we took Joe and Roy to drop them off, reminding them about going to Amsterdam with us.

And finally Mom and Dad along with Doug, “Mom, I love you and we’ll be home when we return from Europe. Anything you want from Italy, let me know.” I knew she still had family there so I expect I’ll have to meet them. “Doug, take care of my folks, they mean a lot to me and Anthony.” Kisses all around, we watched them board the plane. “One of these days, I’m going to fly Mom to Italy.”

 

On the way home, I looked at Tony. He knew what I wanted to talk about. He looked at Rita and Anthony and shook his no ever so slightly. I could wait, but I would tell Anthony, I don’t keep secrets from him. If he doesn’t want to tell Rita, that’s his business.

When we arrived home, I had a surprise for Puppy. “Puppy, I have a gift for you, I want you to meet Anthony.” I bought a cute mongrel puppy from the animal shelter. It was a male, but all dogs in an animal shelter are neutered. Puppy looked at the little dog, tears came to his eyes. He reached for the puppy and brought it to his cheek to nestle with the soft fur. Anthony licked his cheek. And I got a kiss.

“You know what this means don’t you. From now on, you’re Puppy and that little bundle of fur is Anthony.” I showed him the collar I had made, it had Anthony printed on it.

“We’ll have to walk him often or we’ll have a floor to clean. When you aren’t here, I’ll walk him or I should say Larry and I will walk him. When you are here, you and I will walk him along with Larry and David.”

“What are going to do when we go to Europe?”

“We’ll board him in a doggy spa. They’ll take good care of him. He may not want to come home.”

“I want to show Mom.”

“Go ahead, I think she is in the kitchen making tea.” While Puppy went to the kitchen, I found Tony in the office. “What happened? If I had to guess, they tried again only this time they had a gun.”

Tony just sat there and shook his head.

“Tony, is this ever going to end. We can’t live our lives afraid to go outside or go to dinner. Anthony will be starting internship in 3 months, he will be working all crazy hours, how are we going to provide appropriate coverage?”

“You and Ants are going to Guam. I have arranged for an internship at the military hospital there and you’ll represent our consulting and construction company. I have one government contract and potentially another one. I can also serve Japan, and a few other countries in that area. You will be there1 year, I know internships are 3 to 4 years. After Guam, you’ll go to Australia for 2 years and then return stateside for 1 year. Get use to Larry and David, they’ll be your older brothers by the time you are back here.”

“You know they are planning to get married.”

“Yes, and I think Joe and Roy also.”

“Yes, you’re right, Mom is working on marrying Doug off to one of my cousins.”

‘I’ll send Puppy in to introduce you to Anthony.” He gave me a look that said you’re crazy.

I went into the kitchen and Rita had the puppy on her lap. “Puppy, your dad wants to meet Anthony.”

“How did this start?”

“You know where the puppy comes from, I told him one night from now on I’d call him Puppy and if I ever got a puppy I’d call it Anthony. That’s what I did. Anthony to me is like a puppy, warm eyes I can stare in forever, he’s affectionate and is always looking for cuddles. Rita, I pray every night and thank God for him. If something ever happened to him, I would literally lose it. You would have go and lock me up. You know, we have been together for 9 years now and not a cross word has ever left our lips to our ears. It’s like my mom and dad, I never heard them argue and say anything cross. My dad is so in love with my mom, she could say jump he would ask how high. That’s the way I feel about Puppy. What ever he wants, I’ll find a way to get it for him. By the way, we are thinking about adopting after we are married.” On that note, I left the kitchen and headed for the study. Just before the door someone grabbed my arm.

“Just a minute, what did you say when you left the kitchen?”

“I said whatever he wants, I’ll find a way to get it for him.”

“No no after that.”

“Oh the comment about adopting children after we are married, is that the one?”

“Tony, did you hear that we’re going to be grandparents.”

“Ok, which one of you aren’t a male and is pregnant.”

“You told her, I let it slip.”

“I bet. What do you think?”

The ever practical Tony, “I’m sure the child will be loved, but how can you take care of the child. Ants you have at least 3-4 years internship and you Carlo, will be working all over the world.”

“When the time comes and we find the right child, we’ll work it out, we’ll handle it. You may have to raise my petty, poor salary.”

“Mom, Dad we just wanted to give you heads up. Will let you know when we do decide more definitely,”

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good chapter. While I was reading this I thought it was going to be the final chapter. Still more to go 😀

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter. The boys graduated from university and start there working life. The threat is still out there.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. The boys graduated from university and start there working life. The threat is still out there.

yes, I think they will need to be on their guard for a while 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CLJobe said:

yes, I think they will need to be on their guard for a while 

But what is Tony really involved in that puts a target on everyone in the family...

Oh wait it's La famiglia that Tony is tied up in, and an old battle that won't end until the entire 'family' is gone, with no survivors to seek vengence?

Tony needs to come clean to Anthony (not "the paws that refreshes" aka the dog) and Carlo.     

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter, so we have moved on about 10 years , interesting times, the threat will never be gone diminished but never gone

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mfa607 said:

Loved it...graduated from college, MBA, etc...thank you!

 

the first step, now Puppy needs to do his internship. I wonder what is in store for him 

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, so we have moved on about 10 years , interesting times, the threat will never be gone diminished but never gone

unfortunately you may be right

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

But what is Tony really involved in that puts a target on everyone in the family...

Oh wait it's La famiglia that Tony is tied up in, and an old battle that won't end until the entire 'family' is gone, with no survivors to seek vengence?

Tony needs to come clean to Anthony (not "the paws that refreshes" aka the dog) and Carlo.     

 

I have the feeling that this vendetta has something to do with Tony's involvement with the government and drugs. Tony seems to have some connection, look how he is able to pull security from a government function. His company is involved with projects world wide

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..