Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 2,976 Words
  • 1,588 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home Away From Home - 42. Chapter 42

Introducing Gio

Boarding Puppy II, for me was routine, but Mom was excited. I guess if you haven’t seen your family in years, seeing them creates a lot of excitement. Dad just went along with her as he usually did. I hope Puppy and I still love each other as deep as Dad loves Mom when we reached their age. Looking around, I realized there were 4 married gay guys on this plane, Dan was the steward and Charles came along to help, as well as being with me when I meet my agents.

When we landed in Milan, Mom was so excited. Clearing customs, she could see her family through the glass. They were waving at her, she had tears in her eyes. Puppy gave my hand a squeeze, he had tears in his eyes. “Mom is so excited.”

“Yes, she has tears of happiness. So why do you have tears in your eyes?”

“For the same reason you do.”

Clearing customs was easy compared to clearing family. I think the whole town must have shown up to welcome them. Mom was ecstatic and Dad was all smiles. This was the first time he had met Mom’s family. Puppy and I got our share of hugs and kisses as well.

We must have looked like a parade driving to the little town south of Milan. As we approached the town of Pavia, the road was lined with people waving. “Mom, who are these people along the side of the road?”

“I think they are neighbors. I’m sure Annetta has told her neighbors we were coming, It’s an Italian thing. I’m sure over the next few days you'll meet them all.”

And we did, Annetta had a patio that contained a large wooden table. We had dinner there with not only family but neighbors as well. If you could have look down on us having dinner, you wouldn’t believe it. Mom had to tell about Puppy’s and David's cooking. Puppy made sauce, ala Mom’s recipe and David showed off his grill mastery. I was proud of Puppy when he got the accolades from the extended family. They had to show him how to prepare special dishes of the northern area of Italy. We had stewed chicken in a tomato sauce, Puppy just smiled at me when we sat down to eat and I knew he prepared the meal. The Dean of Momma’s Cooking School was very proud of her protege.

Soon it was time for us to leave for Rome, the night before we were to leave, I told Mom what we were going to do and we'd be back to pick them up to fly home. Annette insisted that her grandson accompanied us as interpreter. He was a good looking Italian young man, but I had a feeling there was a different reason. It turned out I was right. Giovanni was gay and his grandmother thought being around 4 gay couples would help him to deal with those feelings. Of course, having an interpreter with us was a great idea.

Giovanni was in awe of Puppy II. When we boarded, his eyes were everywhere. I introduced him to Dan and told him that except for security, everyone on board was married and who their partners were. The smile on Giovanna’s face seemed to be one of possibility and relief.

We had a very good time in Rome. Joe begged to stay an extra day, I made him promise that he'd send us a painting. Three days became 5 days. Our trips to Venice ended our tour of Italy as we headed to Greece. I arranged for a guide to show us around and that was a great idea. We got to see places that tourists don’t normally see.

We flew back to Milan, I did meet with my agents. There was a problem with the completion of one of our construction projects, some of the material that was to arrive was being detained by our supplier for non-payment of previous deliveries. I spoke to Tony about this and the material was released for delivery. It seemed that we had other projects that the supplier was involved with, Tony told him we'd find another supplier. Considering the business he would lose, he shipped the material. In questioning the agent, there was a problem at the bank having made an error in the account number. When this was all cleared, every one was happy. The agent from Belgium wanted to discuss a new project. “Liam, if you could send all the information you have to Charles, I’ll schedule a meeting with you and the client. Hopefully, we'll have enough information to make a reliable bid. Does the client have a prospective?”

“This is all we have. I’ll try and get more and fax it to you.”

“Great, let’s go and have dinner. I have to pick up my family and head home. These few weeks seem to really fly.”

After dinner we said goodbye and Giovanni drove us to Pavia. “Mom, we have to leave to go home. I’ll fly you back when I have meetings in Europe. You'll see a lot of your family.”

“Carlo, may I go with you?”

“To Guam?”

“Yes, if that's ok.”

“Yes, just make sure it's ok with your family. I can’t promise when I’ll be able to fly you home.”

The next morning as we were preparing to leave, “Carlo, come into the kitchen.”

“Mom, what is up?”

“Annette would like to visit. Is that ok?”

“Yes, it's fine. I’m not sure when we'll return. Two Italian cooks in my kitchen. I’ll have the entire base at our house.”

We laughed until the luggage started to be put on the back of a small truck. “Mom, that's a lot of luggage.”

“It isn’t all luggage, there are cheeses, pastas, various salamis and sausages. Also several bottles of wine. We can bring it into Guam can’t we?”

“If we flew into the airport, no, but flying into the base, yes.”

Giovanni arrived with his parents. Dan took his luggage, only one bag, and placed it in the luggage compartment along with all of the other bags. We had help from some of the family that came with us to see Mom and Dad off as well as Annetta. Being parked in the private area of the airport allowed us to go directly to the plane. Of course, those who came to see us off, wanted a tour of the plane which resulted in Dan becoming a tour guide. Mom and Dad were proud and smiling all the time.

Then we couldn’t wait any longer we had to leave. Tearful goodbyes, promises to visit again, Dan closed the door. In his steward role, he instructed everyone to take a seat and buckle in. He reviewed the safety measures which he didn’t do when it was just me flying. I watched Giovanni and Annetta as the plane began to taxi for take off. Roger announced that we were second in line and we would be taking off in 3 minutes. We did, as the plane climb to elevation, I snuck a kiss on Puppy’s cheek. Giovanni saw me and smiled.

After we reached cruising altitude, Dan with Charles's help served drinks. The security boys asked if they could have a beer, Dan looked at me and I nodded yes. I was glad they asked, Vic and Mario just assumed it was ok. Giovanni asked if he could have a glass of wine, Dan served him a glass after asking if he was of age. Soon, he was joking along with us. He was a nice guy, great personality and not bad looking. Puppy nestled into my shoulder and promptly fell asleep. Joe showed me some sketches he had made. I thought they were good enough to sell as is. David spent time talking to Mom and Annetta about cooking and recipes. David really liked to cook and he was getting better all the time.

“Giovanni, how old were you when you discovered you were gay?”

“I’m not sure. I had a date with this girl and it didn’t feel right, I was paying to much attention to this guy who double dated with us. When the girl tried to become romantic, I'd look into her face and I saw the guy not her. When I kiss her, I thought of kissing the guy. She said something about that was the best kiss she ever had. At first I was scared, you know all about homophobes. In our culture gay people are really frowned upon, after all Italian men are suppose to be great lovers. That was the beginning. As I continued to search writings about gay men, I found I related more and more to them.”

“That must have been hard for you. Latin men have that reputation. Gay latin men have that reputation as well.”

“They do and it is true.”

“I thought you were sleeping.”

“I was dozing and listening. Giovannim if you are anything like my Italian, you'll make some man very happy.”

We continued to chat, I liked Giovanni and wished I had met him earlier. I wonder how many more cousins I had that I haven’t met. “Carlo, do you think I should start lunch or wait.”

“No start lunch, just feed Roger and Bob first, then you can serve lunch here.”

“What’s for lunch?”

“I haven’t the slightest idea, Puppy. Dan and Charles stocked the galley. But it'll be good. Are you hungry?”

“No, but a light salad would go good.”

From where I sat, I could see Dan prepare trays for Bob and Roger. I couldn’t see what was on them. I laughed when Dan pulled a cart from under one of the tables in the galley. I didn’t even know we had one. Charles, brought table clothes, showed everyone how to pull their table from the side pocket. I looked at Roy, Joe, Larry and David. They raised there eyebrows, Roy whispered ‘fancy’. I knew what he meant.

Then Dan, started down the aisle with the cart. He stopped at each seat, asked them what they would like for lunch from the cart. I saw many salads being placed at those seats in front of me, a plate of something and a cup. Charles followed with napkins and silverware. “They are showing off.”

“They are having fun, Puppy.”

A kiss on the cheek noted by Giovanni. When Dan got to us, he whispered, “This is ok right, Carlo?”

“It's perfect Dan. You're doing a great job impressing the hell out of them.”

We had an antipasto and fish. The plate that I thought was a salad was actually antipasto. The fish was served cold with a lemon sauce and a cold green vegetable medley. It was good, I thought we should have that often for lunch at home.

Once everyone ate, Dan brought the cart back and collected the empty plates. The dessert for anyone who wanted it was a light custard. Puppy and I passed it up for a cup of tea instead.

“Why do you drink tea? I thought all Americans drank coffee?”

“Most Americans drink coffee and you'll find that out when we are home. I like tea as well as Puppy and his mother.”

I waited and knew sooner or later he was going to ask why I call Doc Puppy. I whispered to Puppy, “Want to make a bet before we land he’s going to ask why I call you Puppy?”

Puppy laughed, “No way would I bet on that. I’m amazed he hasn’t asked yet.”

I got up and checked on our security. “Hi guys, if you want another beer ask Dan, my rule is simple, two beer max and must be consumed 1 hour before landing. I think there's more food. I know there are sandwiches on board, just ask Dan.”

I stopped to talk to Roy and Jay and then moved on to Larry and David. “Mom, Aunt Annetta everything ok? If you need more coffee or something else to drink, just ask Dan. We'll have supper about 1 hour before we land.”

Mom patted my arm, “Carlo, lunch was good. Dan already told us we could ask for anything we might need.”

“Aunt Annetta, how is the flight so far?”

“Oh Carlo it has been great. Your mom and I have been catching up on all of the family news. It was a good thing you allowing us to renew our family ties. I can’t thank you enough. Your mom says this is your plane?”

“Yes, I travel a lot and if I had to use commercial air flights, it would take too much time and the costs would be very high. This is actually cheaper, I get to write a lot off on my taxes. Besides, I have the best crew who know me and what I like. Can’t beat it.”

She laughed, “How is Giovanni reacting to the plane and all of the guys here.” I knew what she meant.

“The first time he saw the plane was went we flew to Rome. He was all eyes. As for the other, I think he feels relieved that he can be himself because he's among us. It’s a great relief when you don’t have to hide yourself.”

“Your mother told me about you and the men at your home. I knew that would be good for Gio, he needs to feel accepted.”

“I’m sure he will feel accepted and maybe even loved in a brotherly way.”

We chatted some more and I moved about the cabin freely talking to everyone. “Ed, how is that Italian beer?”

“It’s not bad. I’ve had worse.”

Before dinner, the security team had finished their allotment of beer.

I slept a little and woke to Puppy telling Giovanni how he got his name. I pretended to be asleep. “I like being his Puppy. Have you ever had a real puppy?”

I couldn’t see Giovanni’s response.

“Well, I real puppy is cuddly and likes to give you kisses. They conveyed their love in their wiggles, kisses and rubbing against you. I guess Carlo thinks I do that for him. I like for him to call me Puppy. I wished that every gay man could find what I have. There are three other couples here and I'd bet if you asked them how they felt about each other, they would say the same. If you can’t feel the love on this plane, then you aren’t gay.”

That comment surprised me. I gave Puppy a kiss on the cheek. “You heard?”

I answered by giving him another kiss. “We'll find Giovanni a boyfriend.”

I wonder who he had in mind. To my knowledge every base guy was straight except Al and he didn’t know which way the wind blew. Looking at Puppy I mouthed, ‘Al’. He smiled.

Al was a nice guy. He didn’t know how he swung but I remember the massage where he said both girls and guys turned him on a little. But he was young and has plenty of time to sort out his sexuality. Puppy knew a lot of guys from the hospital, maybe one of them.

We napped with Puppy’s head on my shoulder. The time away really tired us out by I was glad we had completed our wedding trip. When I woke, Giovanni was watching us. I felt sorry for him because if he looked at all the gay couples, they were sleeping except for Dan and Charles.

“Giovanni, are you ok?”

“Yes, I just wished I had someone in my life as you do and the rest of your friends.”

“I understand but trust me, you'll find someone. It's harder for a gay man to find a meaningful relationship. A lot of it, is luck. Roy and Jay went to the same college although they know each other before. I’m not sure when Larry and David met. They were partners when they were assigned as our security. Dan and Charles met at the house. Dan was a steward on my first plane and Charles work for me as an assistant. I met Puppy at his mother’s resort. I was working as a pool boy when his mother visited. The rest is history as they say.”

“What's a pool boy?”

“At most resorts, there are young men who cater to the guests. They provide towels, drinks and other small favors. Some resorts cater to older, rich women who want to fill young. So a pool boy will give them massages, cater to their whims and sometimes have sex with them.”

“And this is what you did, have sex with women?”

“No, my friend who worked their before taught me to give massages. So as a pool boy, besides bringing towels, applying sun tan lotions, bringing drinks or refilling drinks, I gave massages. I never had sex with a woman, only Puppy.”

“You were a virgin when you met Puppy? I don’t know his name?”

“His name is Anthony but everyone calls him Puppy. Yes, I was a virgin and so was Puppy. I wasn’t ashamed of being a virgin and neither was he.”

“I’m a virgin.” His face turned red.

“That is nothing to be ashamed of, rather you should be proud.”

The smile I got back was all I needed. Giovanni was 22 and I’m sure he could have any woman he wanted. I even bet he could have any gay man and maybe even some straight. Black curly hair with blue eyes that seemed to draw you in. No question he was a hottie. He will challenge every gay couple at the house to confirm their love for their partner. He will probably make a few of the straight guys question their sexuality.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter, finally their European trip is done I hope Giovanni doesn't cause a problem to the couples, now back to the groundstone

  • Like 2
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Nice trip.If they find Giovanni a BF would that mean he would stay in Guam?

 

I don't know He's an engineer so he may go to work or Carlo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, finally their European trip is done I hope Giovanni doesn't cause a problem to the couples, now back to the groundstone

I don't think he will he's young. I think he's lonely, a gay Italian doesn't have a lot to pick from.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Weird. I thought the kids went to Italy too.  Did I miss who was watching them back home?  Great chapter. Love this story.  Look forward to the two daily installments.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great trip. I love Gio, he just needs a cute boyfriend 

I think he's a little shy and a little over whelmed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Gomez Stanley C said:

Weird. I thought the kids went to Italy too.  Did I miss who was watching them back home?  Great chapter. Love this story.  Look forward to the two daily installments.

No the kids stayed home. Who was watching them, the Base boys, Doug was still there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..