Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,456 Words
  • 2,246 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home Away From Home - 12. Chapter 12

When I entered the suite, Anthony wasn't there. Thinking he must have gone to the pool, I changed into my normal swim trunks and walked to the pool. I couldn’t see him there. Seeing Chet I asked him if he saw Anthony. He said he saw him heading to the office about fifteen minutes ago.

As I entered the office, he was sitting at the secretary’s desk. Looking up, “May I help you?”

“Yes, I’m looking for my lost puppy. He seems to have run away. Can you help me find my puppy?” I didn’t realize it at the time, but that became my favorite name for Anthony. From that conversation, I called him Puppy. He just cracked up. I thought he'd hyperventilate from laughing so hard.

“If this is any indication of what our life together will be like, I can’t wait. You make me laugh like no other. I really love you.” And that ended with a kiss.

“Seriously, what are you doing?”

“Checking your university, the dorms don’t look that great, do you suppose dad will spring for an apartment. It doesn’t have to be big.”

“I think if you ask him nicely, he’d consider it. He loves you very much, and anything within reason, I’m sure he’ll allow you alternatives to the dorms. You know they aren’t cheap and I know a lot of guys in my class who have pulled together and rented a small house. Maybe we could see if we could do that. The difference in dorm rate and rent with other guys could give us some extra money. Just ask him and offer the alternatives.”

“When are you going back?”

“Chet is planning on leaving next Saturday. He needs a week before school starts to get ready for his final year. I’ll be going back with him. I still have some clothes to buy and get my books. It takes me a week to get in the school mood and I haven’t seen my parents all summer. When do you think you’ll leave?”

“I’d like to leave with you, only dad hasn’t told me if he was able to get me enrolled in your school. Suppose he can’t, what’ll I do?”

Panic appeared in is eyes, “I’m not suppose to tell you this, you are enrolled in my school and you'll be going back with Chet and I.”

He got up from the desk and jumped on me. Wrapped his legs around me and gave me the deepest kiss I have ever received from him. Boy, if this is how he reacts when his wishes come true, I can just imagined what he'll be like when he sees the apartment. “Wow, where did that come from?”

"Carlo, I’m the happiest guy alive. I love you.”

Just then, Jim, the manager entered the office. “What’s going on here?”

“Hi Jim, Carlo just told me some good news. I’m enrolled at his university.”

“Why is that good news?”

“Because he’s my boyfriend.”

I watched Jim’s face as he digested this little bit of news. He wasn’t thrilled and I then realized that Jim didn’t like gays. “Get out of my office. If I had known you were gay Carlo, I would've never hired you.”

Anthony’s face dropped. He took one look at Jim, “I suggest you pack your bags, you’re fired.”

“You can’t fire me, I work for your mother not you. If she knew you were a faggot, she'd disinherit you.”

Just as Jim ranted off, Rita and Tony walked in looking for us. They heard the last burst of hate from Jim. “Jim, you’re fired. There’s no room in my organization for bigots. I know my son is gay and I love him all the more. You have two hours to get out. Your final check will be mailed to you.

“You can’t fire me I have a contract.”

“You should have read that contract. All you saw was the dollar sign. The contract specially states that an employee can be discharged for any slander, misalignment of character, and most important, bigotry against religion, ethnic origin and life style. Now you have one hour. I’ll have the car drop you off in town.”

“Let’s go boys, I’ll see you later Rita.”

“Are you ok Puppy?”

“Yes, as long as you’re with me I’m ok.”

“Tony, my Puppy needs some good news. Do you have any?”

“Yes, I have good news for your Puppy.” Then he couldn’t help himself he broke down and laughed until tears came out of his eyes. “Where did the name puppy come from?”

I then told him when I came into the office I saw him at the desk. He pretended he was a secretary and asked if I needed help. I told him I lost my puppy and needed someone to help find it.

“Wait until Rita hear’s your new name Ants. She’ll crack up. Ants, you are enrolled at Carlo’s university and I have rented a 2 bedroom apartment. Doug will have all of your stuff there by the time you get there. And you’ll be traveling with Chet and Carlo.”

Tony got a hug and a thank you, I got the deep soul kiss that really rocked me. If I had any doubts, they were gone now.

Rita came into the room followed by Jim. “The car is in front, good bye.”

When Jim left, Anthony grabbed his mom and gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, “Thanks Mom, Dad told me about the school and apartment. I can’t wait.”

“Your dad and I are very happy for you. I’m glad that Carlo came here and you found each other. You can expect to see us at orientation.”

“Come on Puppy. Let’s go swimming.”

I saw Rita’s eyes when I said puppy. I’ll leave Tony to tell her.

“Last one in will have to sink the sub tonight.” Saying that I was in the water as Puppy splashed next to me. I just looked at him with a grin. He slapped my stomach as he went under my legs, upsetting me in the water. “Come on let’s swim laps while the pool is empty.”

We swam until Tony called us to lunch. We wrapped a towel around us and went to the kiosk. Chet joined us. “Chet, if we have room, Anthony will be going back with us. He can help drive as well.”

With a twinkle in his eyes,”If he can’t fit inside the car, we can tie him over the trunks on the luggage rack.”

Laughing, “As long as I’m with Carlo, you can tie me anywhere.”

“How much luggage do you have? I only have enough room for two suit cases on the rack.”

“Don’t worry about that. We’ll ship Anthony’s and Carlo’s clothes directly to their apartment. I have one of my men there who will handle it.”

“Great, you have the address of the apartment and apartment number? I can drop them off there when we get home. We will be leaving Friday instead of Saturday. I need to do somethings at home before school starts and the extra day will help.”

“Can we leave right now, Carlo?”

“You are anxious. Do you really want to start school that bad or is it that you want to see the apartment?”

“Actually, you could leave sooner. It’ll allow you more time, you could enjoy the trip more.”

Chet wasn’t as infused about leaving as I hoped. “What’s the matter, Chet?”

“Leaving early isn’t a bad idea, but I’ll miss a week of wages which I’ll need for school. This is my last year.”

“You needn’t worry about that Chet. There are some tips left for you by some of the departing women guests. I’m sure it’ll make up for the lost time.”

That was all it took. We quickly went to our suite and separated our clothes into two packs, one will go with us the rest will be shipped. Rita gave Chet his tips which were way more than he would've made if he had stayed. He was happy. Rita gave money to Anthony to pay for gas and food along the way. He wanted to give it to me but I told him to keep it. He could pay and Chet will be impressed. Friday morning Anthony was very excited. We did our runs, had breakfast, Chet joined us, and loaded up the car. Giving Rita and Tony a hug good bye, we headed home. You know how an excited puppy acts, that was Anthony. He couldn’t sit still until we were at least 1 hour from the resort. Then he settled down and began to enjoy the ride.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 11
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter and another bigot bites the dust, I think that the road trip back home is going to be a lot fun of and hopefully no drama

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I don't see how anyone in the hospitality business in this day and age thinks it's ok to be a bigot.  I suspect that he will never ask his last employer for references.

Not sure I think "puppy" is good term of endearment for the long haul, but glad they thought it was funny.

The nautical references are cute but hopefully also a phase, love should be playful, but it is also serious and I hope these guys are as serious as they profess.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Small world Puppy was my Dad's pet name for my Mom.One thing I'm not sure of is Chet going to be in the apartment with them? If he is cool if he isn't why two rooms?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter and another bigot bites the dust, I think that the road trip back home is going to be a lot fun of and hopefully no drama

It will be a lot of fun, for Carlo and Anthony at least

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. I'm glad the guys are on the way home, let's hope the road trip is without drama. 

I'll give you a clue, it is

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

I don't see how anyone in the hospitality business in this day and age thinks it's ok to be a bigot.  I suspect that he will never ask his last employer for references.

Not sure I think "puppy" is good term of endearment for the long haul, but glad they thought it was funny.

The nautical references are cute but hopefully also a phase, love should be playful, but it is also serious and I hope these guys are as serious as they profess.

I'm going to make an assumption, you have never had a puppy. They are fun, and like to snuggle a lot as well as give you kisses, tongue kisses.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Small world Puppy was my Dad's pet name for my Mom.One thing I'm not sure of is Chet going to be in the apartment with them? If he is cool if he isn't why two rooms?

There is no question, puppies are cute, and I'm sure your dad thought your mom was cute. No, Chet will visit but not stay there.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mfa607 said:

Puppy! Loved this chapter! 

If you love this chapter I'm sure you will love the rest of this story

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

I'm going to make an assumption, you have never had a puppy. They are fun, and like to snuggle a lot as well as give you kisses, tongue kisses.

Wrong!  My current dog is a 14 year old beagle.  Over the years I've had 8 dogs.  All were cute, loved to cuddle and kiss.  The phrase puppy love has been overused for decades, but has a modicum of truth and it is that connotation of it being a phase is why I hope they move on and get serious.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 7/30/2020 at 10:54 PM, mfa607 said:

Puppy! Loved this chapter! 

Woof, woof 😂

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..