Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,322 Words
  • 2,125 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home Away From Home - 16. Chapter 16

“What are you thinking”

“Come and sit beside me. It's hard to believe how much my life has changed over a few summer months. I have a boyfriend who I adore, I have an apartment that's absolutely fantastic, I have parents who accept me and love my cute boyfriend, I have in-laws that I adore, I have this feeling of being on top of the world. Three months ago I was looking forward to working two jobs and just making enough for my tuition. I think my fairy godfather just gave me all of my wishes. Now I must live up to all of these by being the best son, son-in-law and husband to the greatest guy I know. I love you Puppy.”

Looking into Anthony’s eye, there were tears. I kissed his tears away. I poured out my love to him in my kiss. I could feel his hard cock hit my stomach as he crawled onto my lap. Just then the doorbell rang. The door flew open and it was Chet. “Anyone home?”

“In the living room.” Anthony took off for the bathroom.

“Hey, you ready to go? Anthony just went to the bathroom, as soon as he’s done we can go. My mom is anxious to see you.”

“Hey Chet, ready to go?”

“Why don’t you get a car? I know you know how to drive?”

“They cost a lot of money and then there's insurance, it's an expense I just can’t afford right now. Besides, I have you to drive me around.”

“Haha, this is my last year so after that you won’t have me here to take you around.”

“True, but I’ll deal with that when the time comes. Who knows what’s in the future. Best to take each day as it comes, wide eyed in the morning and satisfied at night, that’s a good day.”

“The eternal optimist.”

“Yep, that’s me and see what I caught. I beautiful and devoted Puppy.”

“Where did this nick name Puppy come from.”

“One morning I went looking for Anthony and couldn’t find him. I think it was you that told me he was in the office. When I enter, he said something to the effect of could I help you. I told him I lost my puppy and he was a cute puppy. I asked him if he could help me find my puppy. He did and I found my Puppy.”

“You guys are really crazy. I hope I find a partner who loves me as much as your Puppy loves you.”

“And as much as I love my Puppy. Pull into the drive way, my dad is home.”

Entering the house, Chet yells out, “Mama, your other son is here.”

She comes out of the kitchen drying her hands on her apron. Gives Chet a hug and a kiss on the cheek, “I see all of my sons are here.”

Of course, Anthony gets the next hug and kiss and then me. “Where’s dad?”

“He’s out in the garden”

“I’m going to say hi.” Whispering to Puppy, “Give Mom the cheese we brought.”

I knew what would happened. No, Italian can refuse that cheese. “Hi Dad, how’s the garden doing?”

He seemed to be somewhere else, I startled him. Turning to me he had tears in his eyes. “Dad, what’s wrong.”

“Nothing is wrong. My thoughts have been on you and your young man. Do you realize the pain and humiliation you’ll be going through because of who you have chosen as your life partner.”

“Yes, Dad I have. But what choice do I have. If I marry a girl, she'll not be happy and neither will I. Then I’ll feel I have committed a terrible wrong. The young woman will be hurt as well. At least this way, if I’m hurt, I have him and if he’s hurt, he has me. The best part is, we have friends who support us and two families that support us. It might not be what everyone wanted, you have no choice in who becomes your life partner. I’m very happy and so is he. If people can’t accept that, then it’s their loss, because they turned their back on two great guys.”

My dad just looked at me, and gave me a hug. “Where is this man of yours?”

“He’s in the house with Chet. I bought some cheese for Mom and told him to give it to her.”

“Is it the special reggiano?”

“Yes,”

“ Poor lad, you better go and rescue him.”

“Nah, he’s a big lad. I had to put up with his mom for 10 weeks, he can put up with Mom for a few hours. He loves her, I think the food helps.”

I heard the door close and Chet came out to the garden laughing . “I think you better go and rescue your man before your mom has him in an apron teaching him how to make spaghetti .”

“What happened when he gave her the cheese?”

Chet started to laugh, “She took the cheese and didn’t pay attention at first until she was ready to put it away, then she saw the name. I told Anthony to run outside to you. He gave me a quizzical look, it was too late. She grabbed him and marched him right into the kitchen. All I heard was, Carlo loves this cheese but he loves the heel more than the cheese.”

“I better go and rescue him.”

Walking into the kitchen, "What are you doing?”

“Your mom is teaching me to make spaghetti. Here taste this sauce and then taste this one, which do you like better?”

“Haha, it’s the same sauce. Just in two different pans.” I looked at Mom, “What?”

“Your wrong, the first sauce I made the second sauce Anthony made.”

“Really! I couldn’t tell them apart. Guess we’ll have a lot of pasta, right babe.”

I gave him a kiss on the cheek. “See what a little cheese does? It teaches you to cook Italian style.”

“Call your father and Chet, we’re ready to eat.”

“Mom, let’s see if Dad can tell the difference. He knows your sauce better than anyone.”

Everyone came in, washed their hands and set down at the table. Mom put a little sauce into two small dishes, One was hers and one was Anthony’s. Which was which I didn’t know. “I taught Anthony how to make my sauce, Carlo couldn’t tell the difference, but you should be able to tell, taste the two and tell me which is mine.”

We waited for his results. He tasted one and then the other. He did this twice and then took two pieces of bread, dip one piece in one sauce and the other in the second sauce. We waited then with a smile he said, “This is Mama’s and this one is Anthony’s.” I’m not sure if that was true or not, but Mom said he was right. He congratulated Anthony on making a fine sauce but no one could beat Mama. We all laughed and enjoyed our dinner.

After dinner, Chet and Anthony helped mom clean up. I went up to my room, collected my books and running clothes as well as my running shoes. I brought everything down that I was taking. Mom started, you aren’t taking this or that. “No Mom I’ll get them later.” Then into her ear, “This will give me an excuse to come back.”

We loaded everything in the car and then sat and talked for a while, we had to have our coffee. Around 9 we decided to head out, I kissed Mom goodbye , gave Dad a hug and waited, Chet followed me leaving Anthony last. He came to the car laughing. “Why are you laughing so hard?”

“I know which dish was my sauce.” He didn’t need to say anything more. Dad picked the wrong dish.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 9
  • Haha 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

If Dad did pick the wrong dish I bet Mom will let him know it.I wouldn't want be him.Any doubt Carlo may have had about Ants are now dispelled if he make sauce that good

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, weinerdog said:

If Dad did pick the wrong dish I bet Mom will let him know it.I wouldn't want be him.Any doubt Carlo may have had about Ants are now dispelled if he make sauce that good

Hey, An Italian is judged by their sauce. At least it was at my home. And for the record, my grandmother was the best and my mom was a runner up.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. So Anthony learns to cook.

Yes, a necessity among Italians 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, so Anthony learns to cook ,an excellent skill now onto school

Right, and that skill will come in handy for Carlo

  • Like 3
Link to comment

The secret is in the sauce and the recipe gets handed down from generation to generation as it should be!  I loved his chapter and I can smell the sauce!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

The secret is in the sauce and the recipe gets handed down from generation to generation as it should be!  I loved his chapter and I can smell the sauce!

You are absolutely correct. Most family secrets are hand me downs and no matter how you try, you can't duplicate unless you are taught the secret

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Just now, mfa607 said:

Loved this chapter! Thank you!

You are welcome. I appreciate your comment.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, KayDeeMac said:

My taste buds are watering like crazy!!!  Nice feel good chapter.  Thank you!

Thanks for comments. Want to guess what I had for dinner after I wrote that chapter?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

Thanks for comments. Want to guess what I had for dinner after I wrote that chapter?

LOL  -  Let me take a wild guess that it had gravy (um I mean sauce) on it!!!  😘

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, KayDeeMac said:

LOL  -  Let me take a wild guess that it had gravy (um I mean sauce) on it!!!  😘

Aww you know me so well

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..