Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 1,226 Words
  • 1,409 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A prompt a week - 19. Bobby's Delivery - Prompt 334

Bobby is working his third job when he is handed a delivery to one of the houses on Frat row. Bobby never likes having to go there, but tonight his night is going to be a bit worse than normal. Join Bobby on his delivery.

I hated Friday nights. There is nothing worse than working as a delivery guy on Friday night, unless of course the damn Frat boys decide to order pizza. That is always an experience straight from hell. I’ll never forget last week when Beta Kappa Zeta called in an order for ten pizzas and I was stuck to deliver it.

 

“Please, Ted. I hate going to the frat houses. Last time the damn bastards ordered, and no one was there to take them. Then you wanted to stick me with them. I don’t want to go there!”

 

“Bobby, there is no one else.” My boss shook his head and looked at me. His thick mustache was going gray and he eyes pleaded with me.

 

“Send Antonio.” He was going to college anyway so he would fit right in. Besides Antonio was six foot four and solid muscle. They would dare pick on him.

 

“Can’t. He is off work in a few minutes. He came in early cause Christophe called out.”

 

I stared open mouthed at Bobby. “But … but Chris is your son.”

 

Ted just shook his head, handed me the ticket with the directions and left me standing there by the pile of pizzas.

 

“Damn,” I muttered to an empty room. I packed the pies into the bags and headed out to what I had dubbed Hell lane.

 

I guess I should explain the problem. I might be twenty seven years old, but I was working three jobs to help pay for my younger sister’s education. It’s hard to worry about yourself when you have responsibilities to others. To add to the fun, I am what my mother used to call pocket sized. I stand at all of five foot three and weigh all of a hundred and two pounds soaking wet. My sister and everyone else towers over me. The damn idiots at the frats seem to think I am there to be picked on and more than once I have had to use my martial arts training to keep from being hurt. But any way you look at it, it is a problem I would rather not face.

 

I seen it was the Deltas this time. I sighed and parked the car. I read the directions to bring the pizza to the back door. It wasn’t exactly a surprise. I could see that the front door was broken and they had nailed a board over it. Somehow I didn’t think the college was going to like that, but I wasn’t living here so it didn’t matter. As I walked toward the back door I had to stop.

 

“What the hell is that?” I couldn’t believe the odor that nearly knocked me off my feet. As it was I nearly stumbled before I tried to rush forward.

 

That was a mistake. There was this horrible smell that nearly turned my stomach the closer to the back of the house I got. It only took another few steps to find out what it was. Lying in a puddle of puke was some frat guy. The smell coming from him was horrible. I would have kept moving if it wasn’t for the fact I wasn’t sure the kid was still alive. I set the pies down and got closer to the stench.

 

The kid looked like hell and as I rolled him over I could see he was covered in grass, vomit, and something I could almost swear was crap. I kept his head turned so it was up and to the side. I grabbed the pizzas and rushed to the back door where I began to bang like a maniac on the back door.

 

“Hey calm down. We don’t need this door broken too,” shouted this mountain of guy as he slowly strolled toward me. “I’ll pay you for your pizzas. Just relax.”

 

“Screw the pizzas.” I dropped the bags and pointed toward the side of the frat house. “Call an ambulance. You have some guy passed out on the side and I think he might have alcohol poisoning.”

 

The mountain turned pale and raced toward me. “You sure?”

 

“Smells like he drank a sewer and is covered in vomit. Call a damn ambulance.”

 

The mountain didn’t move but a smaller frat guy heard the end of it and a second later I seen him raise his cell and call.

 

I rushed back to the kid, the mountain followed me.

 

“Oh fuck. Danny, what did you do man?”

 

“Look, go grab me a towel and a rag. Danny is his name?” I looked at the mountain and he nodded. “Well Danny needs a bit of a cleanup. Move.”

 

I felt like the ambulance took forever to get there. Meanwhile, the whole frat came and stood around me and Danny. The mountain returned and I did what I could to at least wipe the worst of it off of the kid.

 

I had been so focused on Danny and the idiots who stood gawking at us I hadn’t paid attention to the storm that was rolling in until the sound of thunder broke my concentration. It also signaled the arrival of the medics who swarmed in and took over. I grabbed the mountain and he looked pale as shit.

 

“Look I was supposed to just deliver the pizza and go. I am way late, but hope that Danny will be okay.”

 

“Wall.”

 

“Wall?” I looked up at the guy and shook my head.

 

“Wall is my name. Well it is Wallace, but everyone just calls me Wall.” The guy stuck out his hand. “Thanks for helping Danny.”

 

“Yeah, well no problem. My name is Bobby.” I shook his hand and felt uncomfortable with the attention. “Please, don’t make a habit of calling if this is what I have to deliver to.”

 

Wall just nodded and walked into the house. A moment later he handed me the money for the pizzas. I managed to slide past the remaining frat that stood on the front lawn looking in the direction the ambulance had gone.

 

I nearly had a heart attack as I thought I had lost my car key but looking in the open window I found it still in the ignition. I knew I was just a bad night as I headed back to the pizza parlor.

 

“Where have you been? I have so many deliveries and no Bobby!” Ted stood arms crossed at the back door.

 

I sighed and explained what had happened at the frat.

 

“You did good. Now go make more deliveries.” Ted patted my shoulder and pushed three different bags with delivery instructions at me. Each one was numbered going from the closest to the furtherest house out.

 

As I got ready to head out, Lucia, Ted’s wife arrived carrying a large metal tin.

 

“Where are you going, Bobby?”

 

“Deliveries,” I said as I lifted the bags for her to see.

 

“Ah. I’ll save you some honey comb. The neighbor gave me some when I gave him fresh tomatoes and cucumbers.”

 

I smiled and nodded as I headed out to make the drops for Ted.

So that was my take on the prompt. It asked you to use the following - horrible smell, broken door, honey comb, thunder, and a key. So what did you think? Thanks for reading. Comments are always welcome.
Copyright © 2017 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I want to know more :P I was so caught up in the story iforgot it was a prompt "must read next chapter, I thought" Very good prompt :)

Link to comment
On 08/17/2014 05:53 AM, Slytherin said:
I want to know more :P I was so caught up in the story iforgot it was a prompt "must read next chapter, I thought" Very good prompt :)
I'm glad you liked it. For some reason when I posted this it didn't end up in the list. Glad someone read and enjoyed it.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..