Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 557 Words
  • 2,313 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A prompt a week - 45. Bradley's Morning

This was done as part of Gay Author's Newsletter Pick Two.

Bradley opens his front door to find the roadway is gone and a park is now there. Has he lost his mind or is this the start of a strange adventure?

Bradley stood with his front door open and found a park. Bradley stared, shocked, but then he had a bowl of cereal and a large mug of coffee sitting on his kitchen table. There is no way a park could have taken over a busy street that connected the two parts Newport Corners, could it? The only question was who had rung his doorbell at this ungodly hour on a Sunday morning?

Bradley yawned and started to close his door, content in knowing this had to be dream, when suddenly a small pink and violet ball shot out of the park and right past his ear.

“What the hell was that?” Bradley turned quickly and found the ball sliding around on his hardwood floor, finally coming to a halt under his glass table.

As he watched in amazement, the ball slowly seemed to split open like an egg and a fully formed man stood up. The man stood all of a foot high, was a deep indigo color, and totally nude.

“I really need to wake up,” Bradley muttered as he rubbed his eyes and then slapped his own cheek.

“Funny way to greet a guest,” came a deep rich voice from the figure on the floor.

“Guest?” Bradley squeaked as he took a sudden step back, hit his front door, slamming it shut.

Click.

“Finally,” came the same rich voice as the figure walked toward Bradley, growing rapidly to over six feet. “I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to close that door. Did you grow up in a barn or something?”

Bradley sat against his door unsure what was going on. He shoved his glasses back up his nose and ran his hand through his hair. This hard to be a nightmare was what he kept repeating to himself.

“Hey, do you mind if I borrow something to wear? These New England springs are murder on a Fairy’s body.”

“Fairy?” Bradley watched the perfectly formed blue globes of the six foot Fairy bounce down the hall toward his bedroom.

“Well, you didn’t think I was a troll? Those suckers are all rocky and don’t like light. And if I was a brownie,” he paused, sniffed the air, and wrinkled his nose. “Ewww. I’d do the laundry because your dirty clothes smell like you played for a week in horse manure. You were born in a barn, weren’t you?” The Fairy disappeared into the bedroom.

Bradley slowly stood up and made his way back to the kitchen. He picked up his mug and took a large swig of his barely warm coffee. “I’m losing my mind.”

Bradley had just taken a seat when the Fairy came striding into the kitchen.

“You have no taste in clothes. You must own everything in fifty shades of grey or tan. Your wardrobe would make a blind cyclops cry.” The Fairy stood ripping the sleeves off Bradley’s best dress shirt and pulling it over his massive frame. He was also wearing Bradley’s sweat pants and slides.

“Why are you here?” Bradley slowly set his mug down and tried not to stare at the blue six pack with indigo treasure trail standing before him.

“Because someone has to get the damn groom ready for the wedding!” The Fairy smiled as Bradley passed out onto the floor.

So given the words park and cereal I created this story. It had to be between 300 and 500 words, Okay so I have 554, but I'm close. Hope you enjoyed and let me know what you thought.
Copyright © 2017 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Good if you have a fairy in your life! Can I get one too, to take care of my laundry?

I am curious, where this will go from here. :)

Link to comment

I loved this.  And this had to be highlighted what a great line:  Your wardrobe would make a blind cyclops cry  -  this made laugh out loud.  Great job!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

This was great, Wayne. :) You know exactly what I'm going to say... more, please! :gikkle: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Lyssa said:

Good if you have a fairy in your life! Can I get one too, to take care of my laundry?

I am curious, where this will go from here. :)

Hmm. The fairy tells him he needs a brownie. Not sure where I'll take it. Still working in my dragon story.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I loved this.  And this had to be highlighted what a great line:  Your wardrobe would make a blind cyclops cry  -  this made laugh out loud.  Great job!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

This was great, Wayne. :) You know exactly what I'm going to say... more, please! :gikkle: 

Val, why I am not surprised. :gikkle:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

A Fairy wedding! Loved it. And the description of the Fairy was nice.

Yeah. I never do normal. :gikkle:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

50 Shades of Gray makes me think things are especially piss poor, lol. :P

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Ron said:

Who knew fairies were so acid tongued? Nice imagery, Wayne.

I never like doing the expected. Besides if the fairy can grow to six foot tall, he might as well be acid tongued.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Oh, I loved this.. That fairy was sassy.. Lol. 

Always good to be a little ballsy. :gikkle:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Cia said:

50 Shades of Gray makes me think things are especially piss poor, lol. :P

Please, it's just clothing,  no ropes or whips. Lol. Besides he is just that boring. :)

Edited by comicfan
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Well, that was different. I liked it. A six foot tall blue fairy sounds all right to me :) . Wedding? Who's wedding ? I need more... please... great job, sir... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Headstall said:

Well, that was different. I liked it. A six foot tall blue fairy sounds all right to me :) . Wedding? Who's wedding ? I need more... please... great job, sir... cheers... Gary....

Seriously considering going back to flesh this out. Glad you enjoyed, Gary.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Seriously?! A fairy is taller than me! :o I can just imagine @Headstall cracking jokes at my expense, lol. 

 

Thank you for this amazing story, and I'll echo what @Valkyrie said, I want more! :D 

Glad you enjoyed it Drew. Valkyrie always wants more. :gikkle:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Do fairies like cats? Just saying...I have lots of laundry. That was a fun read, Wayne! 

Link to comment

Oh my... What was in that coffee? Or the cereal? Besides, anyone would faint at being told they were getting married by a tall, blue guy... My mind is trying to come up with a continuation. I'm right now thinking he won't want to get married, but perhaps has to for some reason. Hmm... *loses herself in thought*

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, aditus said:

Do fairies like cats? Just saying...I have lots of laundry. That was a fun read, Wayne! 

lol. Everyone wants him for laundry. Glad you enjoyed it Adi. :)

Link to comment
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, Timothy M. said:

Did Bradley fill out a form for the Fantasy Office and forget all about it? :P 

Nope, nothing at all to do with Jonas. :gikkle: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, Puppilull said:

Oh my... What was in that coffee? Or the cereal? Besides, anyone would faint at being told they were getting married by a tall, blue guy... My mind is trying to come up with a continuation. I'm right now thinking he won't want to get married, but perhaps has to for some reason. Hmm... *loses herself in thought*

Don't worry Pup. Going for a rewrite that will be an anthology length.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Park and cereal may have been the prompt words but the phrase that painted a picture for me was:

 

the blue six pack with indigo treasure trail 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..