Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 1,286 Words
  • 1,277 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A prompt a week - 35. Nick's Night Out - Prompt 438

Nick is usually pretty good at avoiding blind dates. While single, he is a hard worker and likes to keep himself busy with work. However last night has left his whole world upside down. He woke up this morning, doesn't remember anything about the night before, but has hickeys in a few places and his room smells of someone else's cologne and sex. What the hell happened last night?

I woke up with the alarm clock blaring in my ear. I didn’t even remember setting it to go off, but as I reached over to shut the damn thing off all I could see was the black and blue mark on my arm. I swatted the clock off and then stared at the mark. How on earth did I get that?

I lay there and couldn’t remember much of anything. Gingerly I climbed out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. If it wasn’t for the fact I don’t drink I would swear I was suffering from one hell of a hangover. I turned on the water, making it as hot as my skin could stand, then climbed under it and tried to wash myself. I felt like I was covered in a layer of sweat and with the cold night, and how cool it was in my apartment this just didn’t make sense. Maybe I had gotten sick last night?

After scrubbing my skin and feeling more like myself I climbed out and made my way to the sink so I could finally shave. As I looked into the mirror I didn’t recognize the face that looked back at me. My skin looked pale and pasty. I had dark circles under my eyes and as I looked at my neck I could see what looked like hickeys. Hickeys? I hadn’t had something like that in over twenty years. What the hell had I done last night.

I shaved quickly and made my way back into my bedroom. That is when I smelled it. There was this dark rich scent, a cologne maybe, that seemed to be coming from my bed. The closer I got to it, there was also the undeniable scent of sex. After two years I’d evidently broke my dry spell, but for the life of me I couldn’t remember with who.

I spotted the clock and realized if I didn’t get my ass in gear I’d be late for work. I grabbed a dark blue dress shirt, light blue tie, and a pair of black slacks out of my closet, dressed, and rushed out of the apartment. I had just enough time to stop for a coffee and a bagel, before I had to be at work.

The morning was busy as hell. I didn’t have time to really talk to anyone, but I noticed a few people pointing and whispering. I didn’t know why, however it wasn’t making me happy at all.

When lunchtime hit I turned off my computer and began to head out for lunch. Usually I skipped lunched, yet today I felt really light headed and figured I better eat. As I was heading to the elevator, Victoria and Dennis were already waiting for it.

“I see someone had a busy night,” Dennis comment as he looked right at me.

“Busy?” I stared at him uncomprehendingly.

“Um, yeah.” Victoria looked at me and blushed.

“Nick, I haven’t seen such dark hickeys since I was in high school. Hell at your age you must be dating a vampire. She really didn’t let you go.” Dennis shook his head, smiled and winked at me.

Suddenly I felt self conscious. I hadn’t realized the marks were visible. I felt myself reaching up and trying to pull the collar higher up my neck.

Dennis laughed. “I never thought I’d live to see the day you came in like that.”

The elevator opened and I let them go ahead. I stood waiting for the next one.

I remembered I didn’t feel like going home to cook. I’d stopped at the local bar and grill to pick up food. Hmm. The longer I thought about it I vaguely remembered a man laughing and talking with me.

“Hey, you getting on?” A young man from one of the upper floors was looking at me rather angrily.

“Yeah, sorry.” I climbed on and took the elevator to the ground floor. I walked down the street to the deli. There was just something I couldn’t seem to remember.

My afternoon seemed to fly by. I now purposely avoided my coworkers, not wanting to explain the marks on my neck, not that I could. Victoria stopped by my desk for a few moments just before quitting time.

“Thanks again for going out with Rob’s friend.” Victoria blushed and her eyes went to the marks on my neck.

“Rob’s friend?”

“Yeah. You met him last night at Barney’s. I know you don’t like to be set up, but I really appreciate you going out with him. Rob has been telling me how close they were in college, but I barely get to see my husband since he got the promotion at his new job. You saved our evening. Otherwise it would have been the three of us together.” She smiled and blushed.

“Right, Rob’s friend. It was no problem.” For the life of me, I couldn’t remember the guy’s name or much of anything that had happened last night. I barely remembered going to Barney’s bar and grill.

I left the job shortly after five and already the sun was beginning to set. I loved the fall, the cooler temperatures, but I missed the sunlight. I was just about to pull out of my parking spot when my cell phone rang. I didn’t recognize the number.

“Hello,” I almost whispered into the phone.

“Good Evening, Nick. So glad you answered my call.”

The voice seemed to wash over me like honey. It was deep and rich, and the soft growl he had when he spoke rumbled all the way to my balls. I was just listening to this strange voice and already I was excited.

“I’m sorry …”

“Don’t be sorry, Nick. This is Raul. I hope you meant what you said last night when you told me we could go out again any time. I’ll pick you up from your apartment in an hour.”

I sat there shaking my head yes, before I realized he couldn’t see what I was doing. “Oh, I’m sorry. Of course. I’ll meet you at my place in an hour.”

His rich laughter made my hands shake and I nearly dropped the phone.

“I’ll see you shortly, Nick.”

I don’t think I have ever driven home from work so quickly. I walked in my door and began to strip immediately. I took another shower so I was nice and clean. I wished there was some way to hide the marks but then he must have given them to me.

I found clothing I thought would be appropriate to go anywhere in. A nice polo shirt, dark slacks, black boots. I combed my hair, put some gel into it, and looked over my colognes trying to figure out what the mysterious Raul might like on me. I finally decided on a scent my sister had created for me. It was sort of woodsy and had a slight scent of citrus to it. Just before I completely lost my nerve and changed outfits there was a knock at my door.

“Coming.”

I opened it to find the most incredible looking man standing there. He stood taller than I was, maybe six two or three. Dark brown eyes peered at me from a classic Roman face. His black hair was slightly long and curled at his shoulder. However, it was what I could see of his muscular body that took my breath away.

“Nick, so nice to see you again.” He leaned it and captured my lips for kiss.

At that moment I knew I was lost. I didn’t know who or what he was, but I knew I’d do anything for him.

This story was based off prompt 438.
You’ve had a friend who just keeps trying to set you up on a blind date. You hate blind dates with a passion and had successfully dodged all attempts to set you up. Unfortunately they finally caught you on a night when you didn’t think fast enough and here you are on a date with a dark mysterious stranger. You remember having a good time, but not much else. When you wake up the next morning you feel really tired and find marks on your neck and upper arm. At work you mention it to your friend, jokingly. Another coworker over hears and says it sounds like you are dating a vampire. Are you?
So that is my take on it. What do you think? Comments are appreciated.
Copyright © 2017 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

I really liked it. There was a nice flow to the story that made it enjoyable to read.
As for the plot and characters, I liked that too and think this would be good as a full length story or a series of shorts.

Link to comment
On 08/21/2015 02:23 PM, Reader1810 said:

I really liked it. There was a nice flow to the story that made it enjoyable to read.

As for the plot and characters, I liked that too and think this would be good as a full length story or a series of shorts.

I'm glad you liked it Reader. I don't know if I will come back to it, but it was a prompt that I really wanted to tackle. :)

Link to comment

I'm immediately curious to know more about these two, which means I liked it! But I understand you can't turn every prompt response into a full story. I like adi's suggestion though...

 

Your story (and the prompt) inspired me to write one myself. A little late, but it might turn up next week. If I don't get stage fright...

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Great prompt, Wayne. I really enjoyed it a lot. As always, I'd love to know more, but it works well as is too. :) I wonder what Raul's plans for Nick are...will he turn him? Will he use him until he gets bored of him? I bet his co-workers will be staring at him again tomorrow...hopefully at any rate. Nice job, Wayne. :)

Link to comment
On 08/21/2015 07:04 PM, aditus said:

Prompt 441 would be perfect to continue, I'm just saying...

Darn you Adi. You keep encouraging the others to push for me to expand things. Too many irons in the fire now. Maybe later.

Link to comment
On 08/21/2015 11:25 PM, Puppilull said:

I'm immediately curious to know more about these two, which means I liked it! But I understand you can't turn every prompt response into a full story. I like adi's suggestion though...

 

Your story (and the prompt) inspired me to write one myself. A little late, but it might turn up next week. If I don't get stage fright...

I'm always glad when an author takes on one of the prompts. I wish you luck. Don't be afraid to share. GA is pretty much a supportive group.

Link to comment
On 08/22/2015 07:32 AM, Valkyrie said:

Great prompt, Wayne. I really enjoyed it a lot. As always, I'd love to know more, but it works well as is too. :) I wonder what Raul's plans for Nick are...will he turn him? Will he use him until he gets bored of him? I bet his co-workers will be staring at him again tomorrow...hopefully at any rate. Nice job, Wayne. :)

Remember he was set up on this date Val. Makes you wonder why. Hmm. :gikkle:

Link to comment
On 09/24/2015 03:07 AM, Timothy M. said:

I hope Raul is more loving than predatory, and that Nick will recall both his first and second date.

Raul is is having fun with Nick. Who knows where it will go?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..