Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 2,882 Words
  • 11,764 Views
  • 60 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cards on the Table - 11. Chapter 11 Playing For Real

No more bluffing.

Chapter 11

 

 

Kendall puttered around in the kitchen as Michael pushed number two on his phone. It didn’t take long before his face lit up.

“Mom, how are you?”

“Oh, bonnie boy, I’ve been so worried about you… you and Kendall. Is everything all right? Kendall told me you have a concussion, and about your knee. Do you need help with anything?”

“Mom, Mom, take it easy! Don’t be worried about a thing, okay? Kendall is taking very good care of me... trust me.” At that, he blew the man a silent kiss and then winked. Kendall stuck his tongue out, turned around, and pulled his shorts quickly down and up over his ass. Michael stifled the laugh in his throat, and tried to concentrate on what his mother was saying.

“I do trust you and I trust Kendall is doing everything he can, but this is your second concussion, and that scares your dad and me.”

“I know, and I understand, but since the first headache went away I haven’t had another one, and I haven’t had any nausea this time either. This isn’t the worst knock my head has taken, and the swelling in my knee has gone down already. The pain is less too, so I don’t think it will turn out too bad. I have to go see the same doctor who examined me at the hospital, tomorrow sometime. We're going to call in the morning for the appointment time, and then I’ll have a better idea of what to expect. I might need therapy but I don’t think I’ll need surgery.”

“Do you want us to come down and take you to your appointment? You know we don’t mind at all.”

“Thanks for the offer, and I know you wouldn’t mind, but Kendall’s already arranged a few days off work. He’s going to take me, so you don’t have to worry. I promise you I’m doing well, and you know how I bounce back from stuff like this.”

“Don’t get cocky, Michael. You’re not Superman. You take this seriously, okay?”

“No worries. Kendall takes this seriously enough for the both of us. He’s fussing over me like a mother hen, and if he asks me one more time how I am, I’m gonna drop him. Okay, maybe not drop him cause the bastard’s too freaking big.” It was Michael’s turn to stick his tongue out. Kendall just lifted his arm and flexed his very large, very sexy bicep.

Dammit. He'd lost his train of thought. “Sorry, what was that? Yeah he’s good… he seems to like putting up with me although all he feeds me is Chinese food because he doesn’t know how to cook.”

Kendall leaned against the counter, crossed those golden haired arms, and stared at Michael with a look that said he was pushing it.

“You two never stop, do you? I bet he is glaring at you right now, or showing you one of his fingers.” Her giggle made her son laugh.

“Don’t give him any ideas... he’s bad enough already.” That got him the predicted finger and a little smile as Kendall came around the corner to sit on his stool, distracting Michael with his turquoise gaze and the tongue licking his upper lip. Michael knew exactly what he was trying to do, and loved seeing him like this.

“I don’t want to stick my nose into anything, but did you and Kendall get to have your talk? You don’t have to tell me anything if you don’t want to, or if it’s awkward.”

“No, it’s not awkward at all.” He gave Kendall a beseeching look, and Kendall smiled, nodding his encouragement. “We’re talking a lot and figuring things out, and I think everything is going to turn out just fine. We’re both taking your advice, Mom." The whole time he stared into Kendall’s eyes, feeding on the love and approval there.

“That’s so good to hear. You can’t go wrong when you communicate. I want my two beautiful boys to be happy, so whatever happens, me and your dad are behind you both.”

Michael’s eyes misted, and looking into Kendall's, he saw the same thing happening to him. His mind went to their spoken commitment earlier, as well as the most profoundly enjoyable and important hug of his life. Exploring the depth of his feelings for the blond man was something he planned on doing forever.

“We know we can always count on you and Dad. You know you’re the greatest, right? The best mom in the whole wide world. The same goes for Dad, too. We love you both.” Kendall let out an exuberant cheer to affirm what Michael said. He leaned over and gave Michael a fleeting, hit and run kiss.

“Tell Kendall I heard that. We love you boys too. Give him our love, and call us after you see the doctor, okay?”

“Will do, but it won’t be till late afternoon, and we’ll come up and see you guys once I get medical clearance. Bye, Mom.”

“Bye, bonnie boy.”

 

A couple of hours later, they were cuddled in bed, watching, of all things, one of those beach movies. Funnily enough, it was Michael’s suggestion, insisting he knew how much Kendall liked them. Kendall wasn’t buying it, but he chose not to tease Michael.

“There’s no Moondoggie in this one. We have to watch one of the Gidget movies to see him.”

“Do you want to switch movies?”

“No, 'Beach Blanket Bingo' is one of my favorites,” Kendall said as he stroked Michael’s arm. They settled down comfortably to watch the movie.

It wasn't long before he started getting a vibe from Michael that something was bothering him. There was a slight stiffness in his body to go with the occasional little catches in his breath that sounded suspiciously like sighs. “Are you okay? You seem pretty quiet.”

“Yeah, I’m good. Just thinking, is all.”

“Are you going to tell me what you’re thinking about? Does it have anything to do with us, or your call to Coleen? You seem like you’re worried about something.”

“No, nothing like that. Okay, maybe it does have to do with us… but I’m feeling kind of weird about something and I know I shouldn’t be, so I’m kind of embarrassed... and ashamed of myself, you know?”

“No, I don’t know. What the heck are you talking about? If it has to do with us then we have to talk about it, don’t you think?”

“Yeah, but it’s gonna make me look like a jerk.”

Kendall could see the man was reluctant to reveal whatever was on his mind, and he didn’t want to push, even though he was both curious and concerned. Instead, he waited. “We can talk whenever you’re ready.” Kendall snuggled down against him again, his head resting on a strong arm and shoulder, breathing in the comforting scent that was Michael.

“Moondoggie.”

Kendall was startled by the one word. “What about Moondoggie, Ace? What are you talking about?”

“I want to talk about Moondoggie.”

Now Kendall got it. “You want to talk about Chet? Is that who you mean when you say Moondoggie?”

“Yeah, I don’t want to, but I think we should because I don’t want to start off not being upfront with you… about how I’m feeling. I know that’s the wrong way to do things and I don’t want to fuck anything up. I don’t want talking about him to fuck things up either, though.” He turned his head and looked at Kendall, trying to come up with the right way to let his feelings out. He didn’t need to.

“You’re jealous of my friendship with Chet still?”

“I’m sorry, but yeah, and I know it doesn’t matter because it’s you and me now, but the thought of him kissing you and touching you, and stuff like that… it’s driving me crazy. I’m not proud of it but I hate him, and I hate myself for taking so long to….”

“Hold on there, Ace!” Kendall was horrified. “Kissing and touching and stuff! That’s what you think? Oh shit… this is my fault. Fuck me!”

“Okay.”

“Smart ass. Listen, there has been no kissing or touching between Chet and me, and certainly no stuff!

Michael’s face morphed into a smile as big as all outdoors before he turned serious again. “Really… but I thought you two had gotten very close? Sandy said you guys were so good together, and you said you were moving on, and I wouldn’t blame you for wanting to be with him. He’s a lot better looking than I am, and he’s built like a tank.” Looking perplexed and relieved both, he stared at Kendall.

“First of all, Sandy knows shit. Yes, we do get along well. He’s a great guy, and he kind of reminds me of you in some ways. He has that same noble quality you have.”

“I have a noble quality? Really? I don’t feel very noble right now. I feel like an ass.”

“Stop. You were just a little insecure because I didn’t do my job as your partner. I should have figured out you might think something like this. Sometimes I’m pretty dense. Do you remember when you showed up outside my work last Monday?”

Michael nodded, looking contrite.

“I’m going to be completely honest here. I’d been holding off on moving forward with Chet because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t make any progress getting over you. I know I was cruel that day.” Michael started to object, but Kendall wouldn’t let him. “Please wait. I had made up my mind earlier that day I was going to try harder to move on… with Chet, and when you showed up, I took one look at you and knew I wouldn’t be able to do it. I acted pissed off at you, but I was really pissed off at myself. My stupid plan wasn’t working; all it did was hurt you and make myself feel like shit."

“You should have been pissed off at me, man. I jumped the gun, and I didn’t give you any warning. I felt terrible about what I did.”

“That’s the thing, though. You ended up doing exactly the right thing by showing up. It may not have seemed like it at the time, for either of us, but afterwards I took Chet to dinner to thank him for chauffeuring me around... that's when Beauty was in the shop, and we had a good talk. It was a talk about where we stood. He saw the way I reacted to your sudden appearance and could tell I was far from over you. He’s a really smart guy, and he understood completely when I told him I only wanted friendship. He agreed with me that it wouldn’t be the right thing to do, to get involved, and he hasn’t put any pressure on me at all. He's just been a good friend when I really needed one. We played cards the night I left you the voicemail. He listened to me while I talked... about you, and when I told him how bad I was feeling and how screwed up the whole thing was, he encouraged me to call you.” Michael looked astonished at that. “You don’t have to like him, Ace, but I think you would if you got to know him.”

“So nobody’s kissed you but me? I’m your one and only, Babe?”

“Well, nobody since Amanda, and that was a couple of years ago. You are my one and only, and you’re always going to be my one and only… and what the hell do you mean Chet is better looking than you? Sunshine, nobody on earth is better looking than you. No one is even close.” Leaning in, he nipped Michael’s ear.

“Ouch. What was that for?” Michael tried to rub the sting out of his ear.

“For thinking someone was better looking than you for starters… and for worrying about telling me what was on your mind for another. You did the right thing in talking to me, and I’m sorry I was so insensitive I didn’t pick up on it. You deserve better from your partner.”

Michael smiled when he said the word 'partner.' “Okay, but you’re wrong about one thing.”

“Oh, yeah? Do tell.”

“There is someone better looking than me.” Dark blue eyes stared into his. “Babe, looking at you takes my breath away. I know it sounds corny, but sometimes when I look at you, I have trouble breathing, and I can barely think. Do you realize you have two shades of blond in those thick eyelashes of yours, and you are the only person I’ve ever met who has eyes that color? You’re beautiful Kendall, and if you weren’t so rugged looking, I would say you were pretty. I love your blond hair and your five o’clock shadow, your dimples and those lips that make me want to kiss you every time I see them.

"Ever since I broke down at Mom and Dad’s last weekend, I see you differently. Everything about you is sexy, and I still can’t believe I was able to hold all that I feel now, inside me. You totally rock my world. I’m in heaven lying here beside you, being able to touch you and kiss you whenever I want. This is the way it always should have been. Thanks for not minding my stupid jealousy. I’ve never really felt jealous before. I never got that way over women. I guess that should have told me something too.” Michael was looking bummed-out about the past again, and Kendall didn’t want him feeling that way anymore.

“Since you’ve been honest with me, I’ll be honest with you. I can’t think badly of your jealousy when I’ve been jealous of those women you dated, a hundred times over. I used to get physically sick sometimes when I saw you with someone new, wondering if she might be ‘the one'. It was really difficult to hide how it affected me, so don’t beat yourself up for feeling that way about Chet, okay?”

“Fair enough. I don’t think I'm jealous anymore, now that I know you waited for me to get a clue. I wouldn’t have blamed you if you hadn’t, but I’m really glad you did. Now my imagination isn’t running wild.” He gave Kendall a sheepish grin as he leaned over and gave him one of those gentle soul-touching kisses. Pulling back till they were mere inches apart, Michael’s face showed intense emotion as he apologized once again. “I'm sorry you went through that… watching me go from woman to woman. I never meant to hurt you, but I did and I can’t change it. What I can do is promise, from the bottom of my heart, I will never put you through that again. I feel so lucky that you love me."

“I know you won’t, because I’ll cut your nuts off with a rusty old saw and smash them with a sledgehammer if you do. Make me jealous at your own peril.” Kendall laughed when Michael’s hand went defensively to cup his nuts, his face looking a little disconcerted. “Thanks for saying what you did. Your promise helps put it all in the past for me. I know you would never have hurt me on purpose… I always knew that. You need to stop being hard on yourself for taking time to figure yourself and us out. I understand it all now, and I don’t fault you for anything. Let it go, okay?”

“Okay… I will.” Michael's expression told Kendall it was something he'd needed to hear.

“I never would have left you wondering about Chet either, if I had stopped to consider what you might have been thinking. So I’ll make you the same promise. I won’t give your imagination any reason to run wild again, okay?”

“Yeah, that sounds good to me… thanks, Babe.”

The movie long forgotten, he grabbed the remote and turned the television off. Kissing Michael deeply, and slowly turning it into gentle little kisses, Kendall felt like they had somehow gotten closer and more solid in their new relationship, and how they were now relating to one another. He felt content. “Let’s take a little nap now. You need some rest and I’m getting a little sleepy... sound good?”

“Yeah, great idea. I feel really good about us… like we’re moving forward or something. It’s all so different, but a good different, and I think we’re doing okay at figuring stuff out. Do you know what I mean?”

“I know exactly what you mean. I was just thinking the same thing. Colleen is right about communicating, and I think we always have to keep that in mind. I just realized something.”

“What’s that?” Michael was sounding sleepy now.

“Well, if you think about it, this is the first real relationship for both of us.”

“I don’t know about you, but I was waiting for the perfect guy to come along… and he did.”

“My perfect guy came along too. Sleep tight, Sunshine. I love you.” Kendall pulled a light blanket over them so he could snuggle into his man for the real warmth.

“I love you too, Babe,” Michael muttered as he drifted off to sleep.

As always, I want to thank Timothy M also known as Lightning Tim... My Editor and Friend

Please join us in the COTT forum... It's a fun group!
www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/39932-cards-on-the-table-by-headstall/
Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 73
  • Love 26
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Two chapters so quickly! You and LT are spoiling us! (I am NOT complaining though!). Great chapter Gary! I loved seeing M and K clearing up misunderstandings and airing out old hurts, without accusation. It's great to see them building a solid relationship based on honesty and understanding, with each other and with themselves. It had to be hard for Michael to admit his jealousy and I admire him for doing it, even though there was a chance he might look bad, because he wanted to be open about everything. He is a good man. And M actually thought of Chet as Chet! Such progress!! :*)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/15/2015 12:54 PM, LitLover said:
Two chapters so quickly! You and LT are spoiling us! (I am NOT complaining though!). Great chapter Gary! I loved seeing M and K clearing up misunderstandings and airing out old hurts, without accusation. It's great to see them building a solid relationship based on honesty and understanding, with each other and with themselves. It had to be hard for Michael to admit his jealousy and I admire him for doing it, even though there was a chance he might look bad, because he wanted to be open about everything. He is a good man. And M actually thought of Chet as Chet! Such progress!! :*)
Hey Lit. That was the whole point of this chapter. I thought time needed to be spent on the foundation, just like in real life. I think we are seeing both attempting total honesty and trying to learn from their mistakes. They are showing an appreciation for what they have. They are lucky that things turned out the way they did. I wanted them to deal with Chet without some awkward contrived meeting...just them talking it through.I'm glad it worked for you. Thanks for another great review...Cheers
Link to comment
On 02/15/2015 01:25 PM, Bucket1 said:
Communication, as Mrs Ace says, is the key
Thanks Bucket...short but very eloquent. The whole chapter was about that...Cheers, Buddy
Link to comment

What a fantastic Valentine's present--the guys have begun the most important part of a relationship--creating the lines of communication. As long as the talk is honest and open, then they'll make it. Even in their talk, the banter of friends was there also, teasing about who is better looking.

 

More please, G-Man...bring on the doctor and more recuperative recharging of the libido.

Link to comment
On 02/15/2015 01:56 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
What a fantastic Valentine's present--the guys have begun the most important part of a relationship--creating the lines of communication. As long as the talk is honest and open, then they'll make it. Even in their talk, the banter of friends was there also, teasing about who is better looking.

 

More please, G-Man...bring on the doctor and more recuperative recharging of the libido.

Do I sense another horn-dog in the midst lol, if so you have lots of company, me included. Thanks for another great review CG...I love their banter as well..and they really do think the other is better looking, ahhhh being in love...sigh...Cheers, my friend
Link to comment
On 02/15/2015 10:06 PM, aditus said:
Awwww...You have to stop that or I get jealous of their relationship. Great chapter, Gary!
Thank you Adi, I get a little jealous myself lol. Thanks for reviewing and for liking it...Cheers
Link to comment

"…second concussion…" those word sent an instant chill down my spine…I hope you are not planning a tragedy for your faithful, and putty-in-your-hands readers. The tears will flood GA and probably short circuit the system.

 

Mom playing cupid, how utterly sweet and unexpected is that, and yet is works brilliantly, as does the phone conversation with Kendall in the background mooning, and flipping the bird, and then…and then licking his naughty-minded lips.

 

You have captured those intimate moments when lovers completely open up to one another and lay bare the guilt they feel for having been the unsuspecting instigator of their partner's pain. This small chapter is brilliant in that aspect of reflecting the quiet moments of 'real life.' Love it.

Link to comment
On 02/18/2015 07:49 AM, AC Benus said:
"…second concussion…" those word sent an instant chill down my spine…I hope you are not planning a tragedy for your faithful, and putty-in-your-hands readers. The tears will flood GA and probably short circuit the system.

 

Mom playing cupid, how utterly sweet and unexpected is that, and yet is works brilliantly, as does the phone conversation with Kendall in the background mooning, and flipping the bird, and then…and then licking his naughty-minded lips.

 

You have captured those intimate moments when lovers completely open up to one another and lay bare the guilt they feel for having been the unsuspecting instigator of their partner's pain. This small chapter is brilliant in that aspect of reflecting the quiet moments of 'real life.' Love it.

Thanks AC, for the great review. These two are entering a new phase now, but they still hold onto the camaraderie and banter. I wanted to show that in order to move forward you sometimes have to revisit and talk about the past. Sharing feelings, good and bad, is most often what brings closeness. I enjoyed writing the phone conversation...life should be fun and these two young guys get that.Cheers
Link to comment

I just love how quietly realistic, sappy and cozy this chapter is, right down to "You're better looking!" "No, you are!" It's an eventful chapter on an emotional level, and I really like how you make the small actions, like restrained sighs or curling into someone's shoulder, mean something.

Link to comment
On 02/18/2015 02:16 PM, Irritable1 said:
I just love how quietly realistic, sappy and cozy this chapter is, right down to "You're better looking!" "No, you are!" It's an eventful chapter on an emotional level, and I really like how you make the small actions, like restrained sighs or curling into someone's shoulder, mean something.
Thank you Irri. This review means a lot. I think you summed up perfectly how I see the chapter..."eventful chapter on an emotional level" and "quietly realistic, sappy and cozy" are terrifically rewarding comments to me. I am glad you view in that light. Cheers...
Link to comment

It was interesting to see the perception of Chet fleshed out. Kendall never did really warm to him and that is shown well. Great job Gary!

Link to comment
On 02/19/2015 04:25 AM, Cole Matthews said:
It was interesting to see the perception of Chet fleshed out. Kendall never did really warm to him and that is shown well. Great job Gary!
Thank you Cole... I appreciate the review. Kendall just needed a friend but don't worry about Chet...I mat have plans for him :).Nobody could replace Michael, for Kendall, and Chet understood that and was content to be his friend. Such a great guy...Cheers
Link to comment

Loved Kendall teasing Michael while Michael's trying to talk with a straight face when he was on the phone with his mom. Especially when Kendall mooned Michael - too funny! :)

 

I'm glad we got to see how great Moondoggie is. I guess we should call him Chet from now on...I'm sure Michael will eventually warm up to him and then maybe Chet will find someone and they can all double-date! :D

 

Great chapter, Gary! :) I was reading this in a pizza place, waiting for my order. I started the next chapter but I had to stop at the sex part. Too many little kids sitting by me. lol

 

I have to go finish it now. :)

Link to comment
On 02/19/2015 11:59 AM, Lisa said:
Loved Kendall teasing Michael while Michael's trying to talk with a straight face when he was on the phone with his mom. Especially when Kendall mooned Michael - too funny! :)

 

I'm glad we got to see how great Moondoggie is. I guess we should call him Chet from now on...I'm sure Michael will eventually warm up to him and then maybe Chet will find someone and they can all double-date! :D

 

Great chapter, Gary! :) I was reading this in a pizza place, waiting for my order. I started the next chapter but I had to stop at the sex part. Too many little kids sitting by me. lol

 

I have to go finish it now. :)

The teasing is what makes it fun for me, Lisa. I hear their running dialogue in my head and I love bringing it to life. Michael is no longer jealous of Chet, or so it would seem :)Why did you have to say pizza...I'm hungry! My ex mooned me when I was talking to my mom and I was trying so hard to be serious...Kendall is a master at teasing. Thanks for a great review and your unflagging support, Lisa...Cheers
Link to comment

We don't want them to play the blame game, not even in the reverse shape of 'oh no I'm the one who should apologize', so I'm glad they seem to have cleared the air about Chet and Michael's womanizing. But I think it was important for Kendall to tell Michael how bad he felt all those years, not to make Michael feel guilty, but to heal that wound by the mutual promise.

But I laughed when Kendall said he'd chop M's nuts off if he didn't behave. :pinch: Yep, those nuts and all they contain belong to Kendall now and he'll take good care of them and all other parts of the man he loves. :P

Oh, and Michael should thank Chet for being an honorable and kind friend to the two of them. :)

Link to comment
On 02/20/2015 07:31 AM, Timothy M. said:
We don't want them to play the blame game, not even in the reverse shape of 'oh no I'm the one who should apologize', so I'm glad they seem to have cleared the air about Chet and Michael's womanizing. But I think it was important for Kendall to tell Michael how bad he felt all those years, not to make Michael feel guilty, but to heal that wound by the mutual promise.

But I laughed when Kendall said he'd chop M's nuts off if he didn't behave. :pinch: Yep, those nuts and all they contain belong to Kendall now and he'll take good care of them and all other parts of the man he loves. :P

Oh, and Michael should thank Chet for being an honorable and kind friend to the two of them. :)

Thanks Tim, for a great review. This chapter means a lot to me. I was happy that Michael saw the wisdom of bringing up Chet. It was eating at him. From the moment Kendall nips Michael's ear things get very real as the baring of the past gives substance to the future. There was a valuable lesson here for both of them. Your review spells that out, and yes Michael and Chet must meet at some point...Thanks again, Buddy...Cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment

The openness and honesty of this relationship is admirable and something we should all strive for. Michael was jealous of Chet, but instead of chewing it over endlessly and letting it fester in his mind, he bared himself and his insecurity to Kendall. Kendall, in turn, revealed how badly Michael's past string of women hurt him. Neither was revealed to punish the other or cause guilt, they just wanted to clear the air and be honest with the other. I am glad you didn't go the easy plot angle route of having Michael be quietly jealous of Kendall's friendship with Chet and hating the guy. This was they might all be friends.

Link to comment
On 03/15/2015 12:01 AM, EagleIsaac said:
The openness and honesty of this relationship is admirable and something we should all strive for. Michael was jealous of Chet, but instead of chewing it over endlessly and letting it fester in his mind, he bared himself and his insecurity to Kendall. Kendall, in turn, revealed how badly Michael's past string of women hurt him. Neither was revealed to punish the other or cause guilt, they just wanted to clear the air and be honest with the other. I am glad you didn't go the easy plot angle route of having Michael be quietly jealous of Kendall's friendship with Chet and hating the guy. This was they might all be friends.
You're a very perceptive guy here. Michael was torn about opening up, but he knew it was the right thing to do. He learned a lot from his parents and he wants what they have. So he did the right thing. Kendall came clean on the jealousy he felt for Michael's 'women' in order to let M off the hook. He took responsibility for not seeing that M could be thinking more had gone on between him and Chet than actually had. The bottom line is this is how you have to be to make a relationship work.You're right...it's what we should all strive for. This was a favorite chapter of mine... cheers and thanks for another really great review...
Link to comment

Ah! So heart-warming! It could be so mushy but somehow you get the balance right and convey this love in such a genuine and convincing way. I love it. Very very well done! I think I'm going to just read this all over again when I've caught up because it's so inspiring and beautiful. Thanks for writing this lovely story. Looking forward to more.

Link to comment
On 03/20/2015 03:13 PM, Jaro_423 said:
Ah! So heart-warming! It could be so mushy but somehow you get the balance right and convey this love in such a genuine and convincing way. I love it. Very very well done! I think I'm going to just read this all over again when I've caught up because it's so inspiring and beautiful. Thanks for writing this lovely story. Looking forward to more.
Thank you, Jaro. It really had been my pleasure. Such encouraging words! It is very emotionally driven, so I'm pleased to hear you think I got the balance right. "Inspiring"...thanks for that... the thought that you will read it again, thrills me to no end... Cheers
Link to comment

this chapter left a strange feeling of longing in me Gary. I mean it is just not this one, in general your stories leave the same feeling in me. it maybe because of the fact that this is the kind of life I keep seeing myself in, having a loving partner, cuddling in bed and watching movies, talking to each other about how the other's day went.....well you get the picture. I keep seeing myself in the stories you write, or maybe that I can relate to the characters you write.
anyways, I felt that the couple did a nice job talking about their issues rather than bottling up. nice chapter Gary, thank you :hug:

Link to comment
On 07/12/2015 04:24 PM, Victor Gutte said:

this chapter left a strange feeling of longing in me Gary. I mean it is just not this one, in general your stories leave the same feeling in me. it maybe because of the fact that this is the kind of life I keep seeing myself in, having a loving partner, cuddling in bed and watching movies, talking to each other about how the other's day went.....well you get the picture. I keep seeing myself in the stories you write, or maybe that I can relate to the characters you write.

anyways, I felt that the couple did a nice job talking about their issues rather than bottling up. nice chapter Gary, thank you :hug:

Thanks, Victor. Getting a review fro you is like opening a Christmas present. It's a real joy reading what you have to say. I love that you can relate to the characters,and that you have the response you do, to them and their story. I think theirs is the life that most of us want... but it wasn't easy for them to get there... they had to pay their dues, and this is often the case in life. Thank you for another wonderful 'Victor' review... much appreciated... cheers... Gary

Link to comment

I really love Michaels mom :heart: she always knows what's going on.

 

The dreaded talk about who's done what with whom. :( I'm so glad I didn't have to have that conversation when I met my husband.

 

Onward :read:

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..