Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 8,189 Words
  • 7,840 Views
  • 48 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cards on the Table - 60. Chapter 60 Calling Cards

The name game.

Cards on the Table

 

 

Chapter 60

 

 

The majesty of the house affected Kendall the way it had from the beginning. He felt no coldness from the silvery stone. No, it was the opposite, filling him with warmth and contentment. He saw his future… a future that began with Michael’s unexpected confession of love, and all his senses told him this was meant to be. It was a place big enough… solid enough… to hold that love and all that came with it.

“Babe?”

He looked into a face that shone with the same happiness he felt. “Yeah?”

“Did you hear me?”

“Oh. Sorry, no. Spaced out. What'd you say?”

“Nothing much. I just said ‘soon.’”

“Oh, yeah. Won’t be long now. I was just taking it all in.”

“I get ya. Me too.”

“Let’s go—I want to check every door and window. A house like this, sitting empty, has to be tempting.”

“Spoken like a true cop.”

“You’re the cop in the family, Sunshine, not me. At least the snow isn’t all that deep.”

A frown appeared, but quickly vanished before Michael spoke. “Yeah, but my boots are taller than yours. I’ll check out the far side. I want to make sure there are no tracks that shouldn’t be there.”

“Hey,” Kendall said as they got out of Beauty, “I’m going with you. Stomp a path for me because I want to see the whole house.”

“Okay, I can do that. It looks great, doesn’t it? Like it could be on a postcard.”

Kendall nodded enthusiastically. “It’s pretty special. Check out how the sun makes the blocks glisten. I didn’t realize there was a sparkle in them.”

“Me neither. It’s subtle, but I can see it. Come on”—Michael took Kendall’s hand in his—“let’s look in the entry first. It’s nice that all the walkways are cleared, eh?”

The excitement in Michael’s voice made Kendall smile. He felt it too. “The Huntleys are doing a good job of making the property appear occupied. I can see the hall ceiling light is on upstairs. I wonder if there’s one on downstairs.”

They had reached the entry door. “Oh good. There’s one on in the kitchen… the hanging light in the far corner. You can see it from this side,” Michael said as they peered through the door’s window. He turned and looked at the tall light standard. “And remember, that big light comes on automatically at dusk. It’ll light up this whole side of the house.”

Kendall surveyed the yard. “Yeah, and the back, but it wouldn’t light up Mom and Dad’s side. We should make sure there’s an outside light over there. I don’t remember seeing one.”

“Good point, Babe. We’ll email the contractor so he can plan for it, just in case your dad hasn’t. I guess ones on a switch, on each side of their double doors?

“Sounds about right. They’ll need something they can turn on and off from inside for sure.”

“They’re going to need a good walkway too, and steps up the slope to the backyard. We should talk to Pop and see if he’s made any arrangements for that. He did say something about wanting a patio. Maybe a walkway to the front as well so they have easy access to the veranda once we get it built, but I guess we could do that ourselves.”

“We could, but it’d be nice to get it all done at once. Remember, the veranda’s going to take some time to build. We both work full time, and we’re going to have lots to do as it is, with a wedding, a baby, two dogs… not to mention all the shoveling, mowing and maintenance. We’re used to looking after a small apartment.”

Michael’s gaze went from staring into the entry to settling on Kendall. “Any second thoughts?”

The question startled him. “What? Hell no. With you at my side, no way. You?”

“Not a single one. I meant what I told you this morning: I’ve never been so happy in my life, and like you just said, with you at my side, I’m ready for anything. You know that, right?”

“Yeah, I do. So why did you ask me?”

“I’m always going to double check, even when I already know. You’re priority one to me, and I’m not taking any chances.”

Kendall sighed and then smiled. “What did I ever do to deserve you?”

“That’s easy to answer. You just had to be you, and wait for me to get a clue. Dad was right about Bodie’s painting of us, at least about me. I was dense as hell.”

Kendall didn’t respond because he couldn’t. Arms were wrapped around him, and lips were fastened to his. He knew in that moment neither would ever have second thoughts. The love they shared left no room for them.

When Michael finally eased up, he had a grin on his face. “Shoveling and mowing? What do you mean shoveling and mowing? We’re getting a tractor with a plow and a mower.”

“We are?” Kendall grinned back.

“Damned right. I already checked some out online. Can’t have a driveshed without a tractor in it.”

“Is that another rule I don’t know about?”

“Yup. It’s in the farmer’s handbook.”

Kendall laughed. “If you say so, Sunshine.”

 

 

They walked down the driveway, hand in hand, pleased there’d been no sign of unwelcome visitors. The house had become part of the family, and Kendall felt impatience because they still had to wait more than a week to move in. Tuesday, January the third. What a glorious day that would be. This was a glorious one too, and not just because it was Christmas. The sun was shining, the air was a comfortable enough temperature, and traffic noise didn’t reach where they were. It was a great time to explore their new neighborhood.

Turning left and heading east, the only sound was the crunch, crunch, crunch of the packed snow beneath their feet. Michael began swinging their hands, much to Kendall’s delight. He was taking in the expansive vistas to the south, and appreciated that the houses were all located on the north side of the hard-topped road. Sweeping farmland was the view directly across from those homes.

They’d almost made it to the place between their house and the Cavanaugh’s when a woman, dressed entirely in black, marched into view down the tree-lined driveway. Even the heavy stockings showing below her dress were black. Kendall couldn't decide whether she looked dressed more for church or a funeral.

Marching was a good word for what this tiny, elderly woman was doing. She was walking so briskly he didn’t expect her to stop, but she did, bright eyes focused on their clasped hands. Kendall suspected she was in her seventies.

“Good afternoon, ma’am.” Michael had spoken first.

The woman, an old-fashioned and rather fancy hat perched securely on her silver-haired head, raised her eyes up to the pair of them, looking from one to the other. She stood about a dozen feet away, and a hand came up to shade her eyes from the bright sunlight. “You must be the gays.”

“Ma’am?” Kendall asked, a little taken aback at her brusque tone.

“The gays from next door. You’re the new owners, aren’t you? The Huntleys told me about you.”

Was that judgement Kendall was hearing in her voice? “Yes, ma’am, we are. I’m Kendall, and this is my fiancé, Michael.”

“Your fiancé? Oh, imagine that. The world is certainly changing, isn’t it?”

“Yes, it is,” Kendall replied before glancing at Michael.

There was silence as she continued to study them. Kendall was about to break it when she spoke. “Welcome to the neighborhood then. You may call me Mrs. B. Everyone does.”

“Ah, thank you. So, you live here, Mrs. B?”

“Yes, of course I do. Mr. B and I have lived here fifty-three years,” she said with some vehemence.

Kendall was unsure of this woman, but he carried on. “Wow. That’s a long time.” He checked behind her to see if a Mr. B was coming.

Her eyes, still shaded by a black-gloved hand, flicked from one to the other. “I suppose you’re on your way to Scott and Mira’s. I see she talked you into those ridiculous sweaters.” Her mouth was set in a disapproving line.

Michael chuckled. Leave it to him to ignore her critical tone. “Yes, ma’am. She has my whole family wearing them. They’re fun, if maybe a little embarrassing.”

The woman frowned, lines increasing between her brows and across her forehead. “I suppose some would think they were amusing, and Miranda is a lovely woman, but this is the Lord Savior’s birthday.”

“That’s true, and we attended service last night… without the sweaters of course. I’d like to think the Lord Jesus has a sense of humor like the rest of us, though.” Kendall found himself a little on the defensive with this tiny woman. He didn’t like being so, but he had no clue what to make of her, and exchanged another quick and uncertain look with Michael.

A few of those brow lines disappeared, and her mouth relaxed into a more pleasant position. “Well, it’s good you attended service at least. There is a dearth of worshipers at our church. It’s a shame because people could do with some guidance in their lives. Now, I must continue my daily constitutional. I won’t keep you from your visit.” It felt like a dismissal, and Kendall was fine with it.

“Oh, we’re not visiting, Mrs. B,” Michael said cheerily. “We’re out for our first walk around the neighborhood. We dropped our nephew off at the Cavanaugh’s earlier so he could spend some time with their son.”

“I see,” she said as she went back to studying them. “Bodie? He’s such a sweet boy, and he seems to be his happy self again. I’ve watched him grow from a rambunctious toddler into a fine young man.” Just the mention of his name seemed to soften her demeanor.

“He’s a good kid, and he and our nephew get along great. They’ve really clicked.”

“Well, that’s heartening to hear. Mira told me he had a serious falling out with his friends, so it’s good to know he’s found a new one. Teenagers lead such complicated lives nowadays. Things were so much simpler in my day. I suppose since we’re heading in the same direction you may accompany me if you’d like.”

“It would be our pleasure,” Michael said gallantly.

“Let’s not dawdle then. I like to go at a decent speed.”

“May I offer my arm, Mrs. B?” Kendall asked as the woman started to walk. He looked over at Michael and received a poorly-concealed smirk. He was obviously enjoying this.

“That is gentlemanly of you. My daughter is always concerned about me slipping on the road. That girl worries too much.”

Kendall took in her sensible, black half-boots before stepping up beside her and presenting his arm. They were reminiscent of those old style ones his grandmother had worn when he was a young boy, cuffed with what he believed was called Persian lamb… the same as the collar of her fabric coat. Overall, she appeared to have stepped out of another time. The sun was no longer in her eyes, and he smiled when she took his arm after peeking up at him. Michael fell into step on his other side, taking his free hand.

“My heavens. You certainly are a tall one. So, I suppose there’ll be a lot of parties over there?”

“Parties? Over where?”

“The stone house.” She turned her head to regard him once more.

Kendall was confused, and tightened his grip on Michael’s hand. He received a reassuring squeeze in response. “Why would you think that?”

“Don’t the gays like to party? I’ve seen that show on television, and all they seem to do is dance and carry on, and do those terrible drugs.” The woman kept up her brisk pace. She was quick for a little person.

Kendall shot Michael a perplexed look, and tried to swallow down his annoyance. “What show was this, ma’am?”

“Queer Folk, I believe, and it was quite shocking. Some of that carrying on was….” She didn’t finish.

“Oh, you must mean Queer as Folk.” He expected confirmation, but none came as the woman marched on. This was not turning out to be the nice romantic walk he and Michael had intended, but he couldn’t let her comment go. “Mrs. B, we have nothing to do with the lifestyle depicted on there. I’ve seen a few episodes of it and I understand why you would think it shocking. That’s not us… we are just two men who love each other, and we live a quiet life. The only party we have planned is our wedding, and we certainly don’t do drugs.” He realized his voice had gotten a little sharp, and it was verified by another comforting squeeze of his hand.

The spry woman’s pace slowed quite suddenly, almost faltering as she held tight to Kendall’s arm. “You must excuse me. I don’t have any personal experience with the gays. I didn’t mean to offend you. I admit I don’t understand your kind.

“When Mr. B was alive we didn’t watch much television. We had our church, and we shared a love of gardening… our evenings were spent reading mostly. We were homebodies who didn’t travel, and our vacations were always spent camping and fishing. It’s only the last couple of years I’ve had to fill my time.”

Now she was the one being defensive, and Kendall felt bad for her. “It's fine, ma’am, really… you don’t have to explain or apologize… but, could you maybe not refer to us as the gays?”

“Why? Is that offensive?”

Kendall sighed. “I’m not sure I’d call it offensive, but I feel like you’re classifying us as one group… like we’re all the same, and that’s just not true. We’re people, and who we love doesn’t mean we should be lumped together. We are two men who happen to be gay. We don’t represent anyone else, nor does anyone else represent us. Do you understand what I’m saying?”

“I’ll have to think about that. If you say it’s not right, then it’s not right. You’re the first… gay… person I’ve talked to. Is gay person okay?” Mrs. B slowed to a stop, facing Kendall with an expression he took as contrite.

He chuckled as he took a calming breath. “Of course it’s all right. We’ve only just met, and I don’t want you to think I’m touchy. You’ve had no interactions with a gay man, and I’ve never had anyone refer to us as the gays before. We’re not offended, are we, Michael?”

“Nope.”

She studied the both of them with those bright eyes of hers. “Excellent. Then let’s continue.”

Kendall shared another look with a once-again-grinning Michael as they resumed their walk. He hadn’t even noticed they’d gone by the Cavanaugh’s property. She retook his arm and it was a couple of minutes before she spoke again.

“This is the Taylors' property. You can just see some of the old farmhouse through the trees on the right side of the drive. Lovely people. Been living here for about ten years.”

“It looks like a nice place,” Michael said.

“It’s been added to, but they did it properly. Not like the Huntleys were going to do with the stone house. That would have been a travesty. I just don’t understand some people and their cockamamie ideas, and I told her so. She didn’t like it, but I said my piece anyway. That house was one of the original homes in this area. It replaced a home that burned down in a lightning storm on the other end of the property.”

“Oh, we didn’t know that,” Kendall said, intrigued by this new information.

Mrs. B stopped again, looking as if she was pleased to be telling them something they didn’t know. “All these others came after”—her arm indicated the houses behind and in front of them—“when most of the land was sold off. Your house used to be called the Manor, and deserves to be preserved as it is.”

“The Manor?”

“Yes, dear, that’s what I said. Originally, there were four hundred acres with it that ran all the way up to what was known as the North Road. It’s not called that anymore, and there’s another road in between now.”

“We know the architect who worked with the Huntleys, and he didn’t approve of what they wanted to do either. We happen to think it’s perfect the way it is.”

“I’m pleased to hear that. Mr. B would have been too. He loves the stone house. Let’s keep going.”

Kendall and Michael were quick to fall back into step beside her. “I don’t mean to be personal, but Mr. B has passed on?”

“Yes. Two years now, but he’s still with me. I realize I talk about him in the present sometimes, but that’s because he has a place on our mantle, and I still speak to him every day. I’m not a crazy old woman,” she challenged while peering up and over at the two of them.

“We understand,” Kendall was quick to respond.

“I see nothing crazy about that,” Michael added, “after all those years together.”

“Yes… well, it annoys my daughter. She’s worried it means my mind is going, so I try not to do it around her. She frets about everything where I’m concerned… wants me to leave my own home, which I will not do.”

“Why does she want you to move?” Michael asked.

“She doesn’t think it’s safe for me to be by myself. It’s a ridiculous notion, and it’s a perfectly safe neighborhood. She envisions criminals taking advantage of an old woman living alone.”

“Maybe it will help her to know your new neighbors are cops.”

“You’re policemen?” Mrs. B stopped her marching again, an incredulous expression appearing.

“Yes, ma’am. I work for the Metropolitan Toronto Police, and Kendall is a trained policeman who happens to run a security force for a large company.”

“Oh… goodness me… that should put Bonnie’s mind at ease… two big cops right next door.” She hesitated for a few seconds before speaking again. “I don’t want to offend, but are policemen allowed to be…?”

“Gay?” Michael finished for her.

“Yes. I would have thought… well, I don’t know what I would have thought. Do you have to keep that sort of thing to yourself?”

“No, Ma’am, I don’t, and you’re not offending. There are a number of gay men and women on the force. Society, at least the one we live in, is much more accepting than it used to be. I think you should let your daughter know if it will put her mind at ease. We’ll give you our numbers so if you’re ever concerned… about a noise or something you see, or if you just need some assistance, you can call. Day or night. We’ll only be a few minutes away.”

“That’s very nice of you. I’m not the kind who would bother you unnecessarily, but I’ll tell my daughter when she gets here in a few hours. Maybe she’ll stop pestering me. You young men could turn out to be my godsend.”

“Is she… is your daughter really insistent?”

Mrs. B nodded her head. “Don’t misunderstand. She has my well-being at heart. She and my son-in-law lived with me after Mr. B passed away, but his job has taken him to Ottawa recently, and they expected I would move with them. I don’t like worrying Bonnie or Peter, but I manage quite well, and all my memories are in the home my husband and I built together.”

“Do you drive, ma’am?”

She resumed walking and reclaimed Kendall’s arm. “No, I never have… never needed to. I get my groceries delivered, and I call a taxi whenever I want to go somewhere. It’s only a fifteen to twenty minute wait at the most. I have my friends who pick me up and bring me back from church. And young Bodie and Scott help me whenever I ask. I’m only seventy-three, and I’m not helpless.” She said that last part as a declaration, and again turned her head to survey them both.

Her stare reminded Kendall of a hawk’s. It was piercing. “You certainly don’t appear to be. I’m having to work to keep up with you, and you’re such a little thing.”

The elderly woman chortled. “That’s exactly what my Arthur would say to me whenever we walked somewhere. He was a big man too. This is the Andrusko’s place. I don’t like to be unkind, but that house is a monstrosity. Why they need something that big is beyond me.” She shook her head as they stopped to look at it.

It was a mess of architecture in Kendall’s opinion, and he laughed when Michael said it looked like the Addam’s family lived there.

Mrs. B cackled softly. “Oh yes, I did watch that show when Bonnie was younger, and you're right. They’re lovely people, but their taste is atrocious. There used to be a beautiful sprawling home here. Arthur and I knew the original people, and we were sad to see it destroyed. Now, those people had taste. Oh well… not my business, I suppose. This is usually where I turn around, and I have some dinner preparations to make before Bonnie and Peter get here.” She stopped and released Kendall’s arm.

“We’ll escort you back, ma’am.”

“Oh, you don’t need to do that. I’m perfectly fine on my own. Continue on your way,” she ordered. Despite her tendency to be blunt, Kendall found himself liking her.

He received a shrug from Michael when he sent him a questioning look. “That’s okay.” He offered his other arm as he turned with her. “We have to be at Michael’s parents’ house for dinner, so we didn’t plan on a long walk anyway… just wanted to get some sun and see a bit of the area.”

“Suit yourself,” she said as she took the offered assistance once more. “I must admit I am enjoying the company. You’re not what I expected.”

“Ma’am?”

She hesitated. “Oh dear. I’ve done it again, haven’t I?”

“No, not at all,” Kendall answered quickly. “We’re just getting to know one another.”

“Yes, that’s true. What I meant was you’ve been exceedingly kind, even when I was putting my foot in my mouth.” Her little smile was sweet, and Kendall caught a glimpse of a beauty that had faded with time.

“We’re neighbors now, ma’am, or we will be soon, and that’s what neighbors do, right?”

Her little smile grew. “Yes, it is. You are so right, Kendall. That is a name I haven’t heard in quite some years.” They began walking back the way they came.

“My parents are Scottish, and they named me after a great-great grandfather. You’ll like my parents… they’ll be living at the stone house too.”

“Oh, so it won’t only be the two of you?”

Michael laughed and she craned her head around Kendall to get a good look at him. “What is so funny, Michael?”

His laughter turned to a smile. “We’re going to end up with a pretty full house, Mrs. B.”

Kendall chuckled. “He’s right. Michael’s… our… nephew will be living with us for at least the rest of the school year. His parents are moving back here from Edmonton after they sell their business.”

“That’s the lad who’s with Bodie now?”

“Yes, that’s right. Nate, that's his name, will be attending Markham High School too.”

“Why isn’t he with his parents?”

“It’s a long story, but it has a happy ending,” he answered, deciding Nate could tell his own tale if he wanted.

“Oh. And your parents…?”

“Yes, Agnes and Carson. They’ll be living in a new apartment we’re having built in the basement of the back section. My dad was a policeman too, although he has retired from the force after a bout with cancer.”

“My goodness… another policeman. So you will have a full house then,” she said while nodding. “Is your father doing well?”

“Yeah, he’s doing great. He’s going through chemo right now, but it’s looking good.”

“That’s wonderful. I’ve lost too many to that horrible disease.” Kendall felt her stiffen slightly and wondered if that was what took her husband. “Yes, indeed, a full house,” she repeated quietly. There was a sadness in her tone.

“That’s not the whole story, though.” Kendall turned his head toward Michael who gave an amused snort. “There will be a baby too.”

“A baby? Whose baby?” Mrs. B stopped again, her spark back. “How old are your parents?”

Kendall snorted louder than Michael had. “Oh no, ma’am. It’s not their baby… my mom’s in her late forties and my dad is in his mid-fifties… it’s ours… Michael’s and mine. That’s another long story, but Michael is the biological father.”

Mrs. B looked stunned for a few seconds, tilting her head to one side. “This is better than any TV program I’ve been watching. I won’t ask you how that happened. A baby… my, my, that’s wonderful. Houses are meant to be lived in,” she said it with a broad smile.

“And of course we can’t forget the two puppies we’re getting from the Cavanaughs,” Michael added, smirking.

Mrs. B let out a soft little cackle. “This gets more interesting by the second.” They resumed their walk. “My, goodness. Two puppies and a baby. When is the baby due?”

“June 6th, approximately,” Kendall answered, “and our wedding is May 5th.

“And the puppies are Dinah’s?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“She’s a lovely dog, that one. She sneaks over to visit me quite often, and she is such a darling. I guess it is unfair to say she sneaks. I know she does it with Bodie’s blessing.”

“Lily and Rose… that’s the names of our new little girls… are proving to be very smart, and Bodie already has them trained. They’ll be coming home on January 3rd, after we get all moved in.”

Nothing was said as they covered more ground towards Mrs. B’s driveway. The sun was shining directly in their eyes so they all kept their heads down for the most part.

“May the fifth, you say?”

“Our wedding? Yes ma’am.”

“Do you have a wedding planner?”

“No, we don’t. Just our close friends, Chet and Arron, and our parents of course. It won’t be anything too fancy. You’re welcome to attend if you’d like. The Cavanaughs will be there.”

The woman stopped again. Kendall was getting used to her ways now. “You don’t even know me.” She waited expectantly, for what, Kendall wasn’t sure.

“You’re our closest neighbor, and we like you… that’s all the reason we need. Of course you’re not obligated by any means.”

She turned her attention from him to Michael. “I would love to attend your wedding. You seem two fine young men who have been exceedingly kind despite my earlier faux pas.”

“There was no faux….”

Mrs. B waved him off and shook her head. “Who is doing your wedding cake?”

“Oh, yeah… cake… we haven’t arranged that yet,” Kendall answered, glancing sideways at Michael. Another reminder they had much to take care of.

“Now, you’re not obligated either, but I’ve been making wedding cakes for most of my life. There’s not much I can’t do when it comes to cakes, and I still have a steady hand with a piping bag.”

“Oh, well, that….”

“You’ll have to see pictures of course. I have many albums of my creations. It’s up to you, but I haven’t made one since Mr. B passed, frankly because my heart was no longer in it. I believe I would enjoy doing it again.”

“What do you think, Michael?”

“I say, yes… it’s a perfect solution. One less thing we have to worry about and delivery will be a piece of cake.”

Kendall groaned. “Forgive him, Mrs. B. He makes terrible jokes all the time.”

A new laugh came out of the woman… a tinkling sound as she reached over and patted Michael’s arm. “I’ve heard all the cake jokes over the years, dear, but they still tickle my funny bone.”

Kendall smiled, but still rolled his eyes at his fiancé. “Okay, then. That’s settled. We’ll come over after we’ve moved in and plan the cake. We’ll pay whatever your rate is. Thank you, ma’am.”

“No, no. This one will be my wedding present to you both. Having you next door should make my life so much easier where Bonnie is concerned.”

“But….”

“Shush now… I’ll brook no argument. I’ve already had a design come to mind.”

Michael spoke up. “Nothing too flowery I hope?”

Mrs. B did her cackling thing again. “No, I’ve learned my lesson. It’s something more masculine, but I am seeing a few roses, if that’s alright?”

“Oh yeah, there has to be roses… red ones,” Michael said while looking at Kendall.

“Yes, a few red roses are a must,” Kendall agreed, his eyes locked on the intensity burning in his fiancé’s gaze.

“Good then.” Mrs. B smiled knowingly, appearing captivated by the exchange between the two of them. “Any objection to a dense chocolate interior, with layers of cherry filling, or would you boys like something different?”

“Heck, no,” Michael answered for the both of them. “That sounds perfect. So what are you thinking, ma’am?”

She grinned. “I just knew you boys would want chocolate. Brides seldom like it for the worry of getting some on their dress. This is exciting… there is a design I came up with years ago, but never used. It wasn’t pretty enough… I’ll work on it, and you can let me know what you think when you come over. Of course I’ll have a few options for you… not just the one… or you can give me your own design.”

“Sounds good to us, but we won’t be coming up with our own option. We didn’t get that part of the gay gene.” Michael winked at her and she giggled gleefully.

“I’ll make no more assumptions, I promise. You can teach an old lady like me some new tricks.”

Both men laughed with her before Michael asked if she had a cellphone.

“I do, and I’m supposed to take it with me on my constitutionals, but I always forget. Those things are so darn complicated. Another thing Bonnie gets annoyed with me about.”

“She’s right, though. You should always have it on you.”

“I suppose… yes, I really should.”

“I was going to enter our numbers in it for you so you have them,” Kendall said. “Bodie already has them so I’ll ask him to bring them over to you.”

“That’s a good idea. He can put them in the thing for me so I just have to push one number like I do for Bonnie, and my friend Eloise, or the taxi.”

“And that’s another good idea, Mrs. B.”

 

 

After saying goodbyes with gentle hugs for someone who now felt like a friend, they joined hands and headed back to the stone house. Kendall turned his head in time to see the lady march around a bend and out of sight. He was curious as to what her well-concealed house looked like.

“Well, that was interesting. I like her,” Michael said as they walked the short distance to what would soon be their driveway.

“I do too. I wasn’t certain at first, though.”

“I could tell. She was hard to read at the beginning, wasn’t she?”

“That’s what I thought. I had no idea what to make of her. At first I was worried we had a homophobic next-door neighbor, and that would have sucked, wouldn’t it?”

“Not to me. I really don’t care what anyone thinks. I’m proud of what we have, and I’m proud of the man I love.”

Kendall looked over and grinned. “Are you trying to build up points for tonight?”

“Damn right. I just hope the kid doesn’t cramp my style. I’m feeling extremely horny.”

“Well, there’s breaking news.”

“I wear my horniness with honor, and it’s your fault anyway,” Michael said with smug conviction. “Seriously, though... gay men were an unknown quantity to Mrs. B, and I get that. I’m sure she’ll be telling the whole neighborhood that we’re lovely people now.”

Kendall snickered. “You’re probably right. I think she said that about everyone she mentioned… even Dinah is a lovely dog. And she said cockamamie… don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone actually use that word before. She’s from a different time, isn’t she?”

“Uh huh,” Michael agreed with a thoughtful nod as they walked. “I found her sort of elegant, and despite being blunt, that woman is no bible-thumping bigot. Look how much she changed in a short time… it’s the ones that don’t budge in their perceptions that are a waste of time.”

“Bible-thumping bigot?”

“You know what I mean.”

“Yeah, I do. She’s a good person, and I don’t mind keeping an eye on her. I hope her daughter comes around after she finds out you and my dad are cops.”

“You’re a cop too, Babe. You just don’t work for a police department.”

“I know, but I’ve stopped thinking of myself as one. Hey, it’s not a bad thing,” Kendall said in response to the expression that flashed across Michael’s face. To this very day, he believed his not being hired by any police department bothered his fiancé more than it did him. “I like what I do. No, that’s not accurate… I love what I do… you know that.”

“I do, but still, it wasn’t right, and….”

“And what? They did me a favor. I’m a great administrator. I’m sure I would have liked being a cop, but honestly, my dad had a lot to do with the choice. You have to stop thinking I got shortchanged. What I do now suits me better. It’s a mix of both… not to mention I’m the boss.”

Michael laughed. “There is that, and as long as you’re happy, I’m happy.”

“I think we’ve settled it. We’re both happy.”

“Hell yeah, we are. We’re living on cloud nine. Hey… cloud nine… what do you think of naming this place Cloud Nine. Cloud Nine… Manor.” They were now standing at the bottom of the driveway, taking in their almost-home.

Kendall turned his head in surprise. “Are you serious? Name it? You want to name it?”

“Sure… why not? I’ve been thinking about it since Mrs. B told us the origins of our home. Those people on Mom and Dad’s street named their place Shangri-La. Lots of people do it… I know homes in the British Isles usually have names, especially the older ones. It turns out ours is a landmark around here, and I think it deserves a name. We could get a little plaque and hang it under the mailbox.” Michael’s enthusiasm was infectious.

“Mrs. B calls it the stone house now, so probably everyone else does too.”

“So? That’s a description, not a name. She also said it used to be called the Manor, so we’d be staying true to the history. And who cares what other people call it?”

Kendall spoke the name out loud a couple of times while staring at the silvery stone facade. Cloud Nine was cute, and the main thing was that Michael had come up with it, and liked it. He wasn’t certain about the ‘Manor’ at first, but as he absorbed the classic grandeur of their home, with each repetition, it began to fit. “Fine with me, Sunshine. I like your idea.”

“Yes! Cloud Nine Manor it is.”

 

Nate walked backwards towards them, waving vigorously at an equally effusive Bodie. The blond boy was shading his eyes, but there was no missing the devoted expression on his face. Kendall reached over and squeezed Michael’s hand where it rested on the bench seat. “That kid has it bad for our nephew.”

“It’s reciprocated. Nate’s going to fall on his ass if he’s not careful.”

Nate chose that moment to spin around, and Kendall was stuck with curiosity at the almost troubled expression as a smile slipped off a face slightly red from the bracing air. It was only a fleeting glimpse before Nate reached the side of Beauty and opened the rear door.

“Did you have a good time?” Michael asked, turning partway around to look at him. “Hey, what happened to your hair?”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“It’s fluffier, and it’s sticking up… where did the gel go?”

Nate reached up and tried to flatten his hair. “Oh yeah. That’s the way Bodie blow-dried it.”

Kendall, backing out onto the road, noticed that same expression appear when he glanced in the rearview mirror. Nate’s eyes were quickly cast downward.

“Why was Bodie blow-drying your hair?” Michael asked.

Nate’s eyes slowly came back up. “We… we went swimming… and he didn’t want me to go outside with a wet head.” His eyes flicked away from Michael’s scrutiny.

“Oh, right. They have that big indoor pool. So? How was it?”

“How was what?”

Now Kendall knew for sure something was weighing on Nate’s mind, but he stayed quiet to see what Michael the cop would ferret out of him.

“Earth to Nathanial. The swim, dummy. How was your swim?”

“Oh. Yeah, it was awesome. The pool is incredible… they keep the water really warm in winter and cooler in summer. That’s what Scott told me.”

“Oh, did the whole family swim?”

“Um, no… just us… me and Bodie.”

“So, how long did you swim for?” Michael shot a quick and loaded glance at Kendall, showing he was seeing the same thing.

“Ah, not long… twenty-five laps.”

“You counted them?”

“Yeah, we raced.” Nate pulled his phone out and stared at the screen.

“Waiting for a text from your boyfriend?”

“What? No, it’s turned off.”

“Who won?”

Nate looked up, staring blankly. “Oh… sorry. Yeah, Bodie won. Turns out he used to swim competitively too. Freestyle and butterfly. He’s really good… I’m out of practice, and he swims every day.” His burst of enthusiasm was short-lived, and his attention returned to his phone.

“Are you going to turn that thing on?”

“My phone? Yeah, I’m turning it on now.”

“Did you eat anything to spoil your supper?”

Nate looked up again. “I had a small piece of fruitcake before I left. It was good. It really smells like turkey in there,” he mumbled.

“So did you take a swimsuit or shorts? Did you know you were going to be in the pool?”

“No, I didn’t know, and I didn’t bring any suits with me anyway. I borrowed one of Bodie’s speedos. He has a ton of them.”

“Speedos? Those skimpy things?” Michael teased.

“Yeah, it‘s what we wear when we compete. We’re thinking of getting back into it.” Down went his head again.

Kendall shared another look with Michael. Something wasn’t right. He gave him a go-ahead nod.

“Did something happen, Nathanial? You seem down or something?”

Nate looked surprised, and then Kendall watched his expression falter in the mirror before he answered with a quietly-muttered ‘no’ to Michael’s question. He decided to tag in. “Is there anything you want to talk about?”

“No… it’s stupid… no… I’m just worried about nothing…,” he trailed off.

Kendall saw an empty parking lot on his right and pulled into the six-unit plaza, putting Beauty in park. The line of stores were all closed for Christmas Day.

“What are you doing, Babe?”

“Our nephew needs to talk, and this is as good a place as any.”

“Hey, I don’t need to talk. Nothing happened and nothing’s wrong, I swear.” Nate looked almost panicked, and his voice had risen to a higher pitch.

Kendall twisted so he faced the boy, and Michael followed suit. “Jeez, relax. We’re here for you… something’s on your mind, so spill. Did Bodie say something that upset you… did you have a disagreement?”

“No,” Nate protested. “Bodie didn’t do or say anything. He’s perfect. That’s… that’s the problem….” A long sigh followed.

“Bodie’s too perfect? How awful for you,” Michael joked. “Kendall has the same problem with me.” He wiggled his eyebrows, and Kendall saw the first smile from Nate since he entered the truck. It didn’t last.

“Shut up, Ace. Perfection’s overrated. So explain, Nate.”

He looked from one uncle to the other, and Kendall took note he was biting his lip in a sign of indecision. He wasn’t expecting the rush of words that poured out.

“It’s just Bodie’s not a boy… he’s a man and he’s almost fifteen, and he’s so beautiful… handsome I mean, so why would he wait for me? I don’t want to let you guys down, but I won’t even be fifteen for another year, and sixteen is so far away… I want to… I mean I don’t want to…. I don’t know how to say it. I’m scared I could lose him, and I know he cares about me, but he could have anyone he wanted… well, any gay guy, and I’m sure there’ll be more in my new school… or somewhere else.” He took a deep breath and stopped, his face showing a brilliant flush.

“Hold on, Nate. You’re worried Bodie is going to look for someone else if you don’t have sex with him? Is that what you’re saying?” Michael turned his astonishment to Kendall. “Does he not see what we see?”

“See what?” The voice came from the back seat.

“That Bodie is totally devoted to you,” Kendall answered. “You know that right, like completely besotted with you.”

“Besotted?” Another smile appeared briefly.

“You know what that means, right?”

Nate rolled his eyes. “Of course I do. I know how he looks at me.”

“Then what’s the problem?” Michael asked.

“Does this have anything to do with seeing your boyfriend in a speedo for the first time?” Kendall didn’t crack a smile, and shot Michael a warning look.

“No! I don’t know. Sort of… I guess. Josh didn’t….”

“Josh? Josh didn’t what?”

Nate groaned. “This is so embarrassing. Can we forget this? I’m just being stupid. Aren’t we going to be late for dinner?”

“Nice try. Answer the question or you’ll be stewing about this for days. We’re here to help.”

“I know that, but... Josh… Josh is a kid, and Bodie’s not. He looks like a senior already, and he’s really....”

The head went down again and they shared a look as they waited. “Nate?”

Eyes so like his uncle’s rose to meet Kendall’s. “How am I… how are we supposed to wait and stuff? What if he gets tired of waiting?”

“Are you going to get tired of waiting?” The question obviously caught Nate off-guard.

“I… maybe. I want to wait. I know you guys are right about taking our time, but after seeing….”

“It’s called hormones, buddy.”

“Michael….”

“No, I’m not teasing him, Deuce. Nate, we all get hit by them. Bodie’s a good looking kid, and you can bet your bottom dollar he’s thinking the same kind of stuff right now.”

Nate’s lowering chin shot up. “Do you think so?”

“Nope. I know so. We cops are paid to read people. Trust me on this. Bodie was hit just as hard seeing you in your speedo. It’s only natural, and there’s not a damn thing wrong with it.”

“Do you think he’s worried about the same stuff?”

“Absolutely. You could pass for a senior too, Nate. You guys look about the same age, but that’s neither here nor there. It might not seem like it after getting blasted, but you are in control of how you handle this.

“You can control hormones instead of letting them control you. And so can your boyfriend. I don’t believe for one second either one of you is the type to get frustrated and look elsewhere. You don’t have a single thing to worry about with that kid, and yes he is a kid, despite what he looks like. I’m positive he thinks he’s the luckiest guy in the world… he’s not, because I am, but he’s pretty damn close.”

“You just scored major brownie points, Sunshine.”

Michael winked. “I know.”

A little giggle erupted from the boy in the back seat.

“And Nate, I think your uncle Kendall would agree with me here”—he glanced at an impressed and rapt Kendall—“there’s no arbitrary age. We weren’t saying that, and you can’t let us down unless you lie to us.

“What we were saying is you have to be absolutely sure that, when the time comes, it is the very best thing for you, and that taking it slow and building a solid friendship is something you will never regret. It doesn’t have to be sixteen or fifteen or eighteen… my honest opinion, though, is that it shouldn’t be fourteen.” He glanced at Kendall again, this time with an easily-read plea for backup.

“I do agree with you, Ace. Everything you said.” Kendall smiled at his fiancé before he turned back to the attentive boy. “The thing is, Nate, you and Bodie have to discuss what you’re feeling. If you hide stuff, you’ll fret about it just like you’re doing now, and it’ll build into something bigger than it ever should be. You need to communicate if you want what you have to last.

“Relationships take work, and I’m not going to tell you I think yours will last forever, but we see something special between you guys. And no one said growing up and making smart choices was easy… you know that better than anyone. Bodie knows it too.

“About that arbitrary age thing, I agree you’re too young to be sexually active right now, but there are other ways to share your connection without engaging in full-on sex. It’s easy for us to say because we’re adults, but it’s something you have to believe. You have to think for yourself. I do want your assurance of something, though.”

Nate responded quickly. “What?”

“We’ll be moving in soon, and there will be times you and Bodie have the house to yourselves.” Kendall’s hand reached over and again claimed Michael’s. “We’re responsible for you while your parents are still in Edmonton, and I want your promise that nothing happens until you are back in your parents’ care. Can we count on that?”

“Yeah,” Nate answered with a sigh. “I know what’s smart and what’s right. I’m not ready for heavy stuff… I’m really not. It’s just that when I saw Bodie looking so… mature and stuff, it scared me. I don’t ever want to lose him. I know it can happen, but I don’t want it to be because I was… not as ready as he was….”

“I don’t think you have anything to worry about, but you should never change who you are for someone else. You can’t be ready because someone wants you to be, and if someone wants that from you, they’re definitely not the right one. Do you understand that?”

Nate nodded slowly. “I wouldn’t want Bodie to do something he wasn’t ready for.”

“See. And I guarantee you that boyfriend of yours wouldn’t want you to do something you’re not ready for either. You have to have faith, not just in Bodie, but in yourself too.”

“I’m worrying for nothing, aren’t I?”

“Hormones, Nephew. They screw with your head… both of them, but if you keep thinking with your big one, you’ll be fine,” Michael said.

Nate grinned. “I can do that.”

“Good. Just remember, we’re always here to talk to, even when you’re back with your parents. You can ask us anything.”

“I can?”

“Yup. Whatever you want. We want you to come to us.”

“Okay, So, how old were you the first time, Uncle Mike?”

“None of your damn business.”

“But you just said…?”

“Okay, okay, I will tell you this.” Michael kept his eyes on Nate, but Kendall felt the grip on his hand tighten as a thumb caressed the back of his knuckles. “The first time I made actual love of any kind was Saturday, November fifth… fifty-one days ago.”

Kendall’s breath caught at the fact he knew this off the top of his head.

Michael kept his eyes on Nate. “Everything before that was just empty sex, and I learned in that moment exactly what I’d been missing. It was worth waiting for, buddy, and that’s all you need to know.”

Kendall saw Nate’s widened eyes blink before he swallowed the sudden lump in his own throat. Turning his head slowly, he was caught in a bottomless blue gaze. “It was the same for me, Nate. We want that for you someday… that’s all we’re saying.” His eyes stayed on Michael. “And when you find it, you’ll want to protect it with everything you have.”

 

 

 

 

 

First of all, thank you to my long-suffering editor, Timothy M., Robin to my Batman. He has been at my side since practically the first word I wrote, and I wouldn't want to do this without him :) . And again, thank you to all the CotT readers for hanging in there while I completed other projects. Cheers... Gary....
Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 68
  • Love 28
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Absolutely great chapter Gary, this story is absolutely awesome. Nice to see you continueing it. Patiently waiting for more.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

This is by far the best thing I think you have written to date! The Lady in Black is a great example of how you get into these charters heads and having done so

perfection of dialogue must follow.  Your attention to detail is just wonderful and makes the story seems so real and moving. A great job my friend.

 

Great story Great chapter :heart::thankyou::worship:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Gary, you always manage to melt my heart. :hug: Michael's talk with Nate was perfect and his remembering the day he and Kendall first made love... :wub:

 

Loved Oh, and I totally want to see Ms. B interacting with Colleen and Agnes. :lol: Something tells me they'll be COTT's very own Wonder Triplets :D 

 

Thank you for this amazing chapter Gary. :kiss: 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Totally re-read and caught up. Totally captivated. An awe inspiring tale. Enjoyed Mrs B immensely and the guys reaction to her. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

It's another beautiful chapter Gary. I absolutely loved it.

Mrs B is the cutest thing.

Just don't take quite so so long for the next chapter. But for the record it was worth the wait. :jerry:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 8/3/2017 at 8:40 PM, dughlas said:

Well there may have been a hiatus but you never lost the voices of M&K. I adore Mrs. B. She still has a lot of life in her and she likes the lovely young men moving in to the stone house. She and Kendall's dad should be interesting together. Nicely done and the perfect length.

Mrs. B has been in my head for quite a while, but I wasn't sure how she would translate because of how much time has passed. But, once I started writing her, she came alive just as I had imagined. That kind of surprised me, how a character can lay dormant in my mind for that long and still be what I originally envisioned. I'm so pleased to hear you adore her. I do too. I'm glad M and K's voices read true to you... I feel more confident about that aspect of my return to COTT... thanks, buddy, for all your support, and I'm sorry it took so long to reply... cheers... Gary.... xoxo

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 8/3/2017 at 9:23 PM, LitLover said:

I'm totally fan-girling over Michael right now :wub:    Both men are wonderful, but Michael was amazing in this chapter?  Knowing the exact day he and Kendall first made love. OMG!  If I wasn't already a fan, that would have done it!  The advice both he and K have to Nate was spot on.  There is no magic age, but you should at least try to choose someone who you love.  Your first time only comes around once, right?  

 

Mrs B was great!  I have to admit, she had be worried for a bit, but she won me over. Michael is right, she had no experience with gay men, except for television shows, so how would she know what was true and what wasn't?  The important thing is she was willing to learn and willing to give them a chance.  I think she's going to be like a grandmother to the guys, and a great grandmother to the baby.   

 

"Cloud Nine Manor". So perfect :heart: 

He was, wasn't he? Sometimes I think he is the more romantic of the two. It's like, once Michael figured it out, he's in in every way possible. Kendall was blown away, and I think Nate saw his uncle in a new light, and real love on display. They are such a good example for Nate. 

As I said to dugh, I wasn't sure how Mrs. B would translate after all this time, but she came out as I wanted. A woman of a different generation who was, like someone of any age, able to have her perceptions changed. It was a little bit of... don't judge this crusty old book by its cover. I believe you are right... she will be a great addition to their ever-growing family. 

I'm so pleased you like the name... what was important was how Kendall liked that Micheal came up with it, and liked it :)  Thanks, Lit... cheers... Gary xoxo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 8/3/2017 at 9:43 PM, avidreadr said:

Great chapter.  I look forward to more of Mrs. B.  She's wonderful.

 

Thanks, avid :D . Glad you liked it, and Mrs. B. She's feisty but sweet. We'll see her again. Thanks for the great comment... cheers... Gary.... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 8/3/2017 at 10:04 PM, glennish said:

Wow. A lot happening in this chapter and it was all perfect.  Thank you Gary!   It's amazing how love can be so wonderful and so awful at the same time.  K&M's talk with Nate was just sweet.  I am glad they talked to him before it became an issue between him and Bodie.   Can't wait till they can move into "Cloud Nine Manor". 

I'll take 'perfect' any day, glennish. Yeah, love has many facets, but it's worth it when you find the real thing. Kand M take being uncles seriously... it shows how they'll be as parents. It won't be long now... a little more than a week till the 'Manor' is theirs :D . Thanks for the awesome comment, buddy... Cheers... Gary....

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 8/3/2017 at 10:30 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

A lot of love, and things to love in this chapter, my dearest friend.  The saga of Nate and Bodie continues apace, with all the pitfalls and pratfalls of young love...but it's plain as can be that they are meant to be soul-mates.

I was concerned at first about Mrs. B--you presented her as a dour and possibly forbidding and forboding character, then piled on the church aspect--so I was all set to be angry over her intolerance and superiority--then you turned the tables and gave us a woman who was merely unaware of how to think about her gay neighbors, but willing to both learn and grow as she gains more experience.  It was a wonderfully crafted surprise to find myself liking her the longer we got to know her--knowledge giving us and the boys--and her--fuller insight into all their motivations and characters.  It is never too late to adapt and grow so long as an open mind can be nurtured.  In addition, we saw her blooming again in the light of the boys' attentions, finally being able to take part in a life she must have thought over with the loss of her late husband.  To find she was a designer of wedding cakes who had lost her spark was sad--but she is beginning to see a reason for living now with the prospect of  a new baby in the area.  I can see her taking on the role of a great-aunt quite easily.  :)   

Just fabulous my dear--well worth taking time off from my own chapter!

 

* Guess I should review faster--there was only dugh's when I was writing mine, and I post it to find Lit said essentially the same thing...that's usually my lot, 'a day late and a dollar short.' *

Hey, Buddy. Sorry for the delay. Yeah, it looks more and more like Nate and Bodie have a chance. It helps to have M and K and their love as examples to strive for. As for Mrs. B, I wanted us to see her as Kendall first did. She had her perceptions, and trepidation about 'the gays' moving in next door, but she transitioned before our eyes, and you describe it perfectly :) . Yes, this little meeting and education has given this woman new life. She lit up at the thought of a baby... I am so pleased you see her the way you do. Thanks for all the great and kind words, and your constant support, dear friend... much love... cheers... G-man.... :heart: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 8/4/2017 at 0:16 AM, Gene63 said:

Mrs. B is quite the character. I wasn't sure at first, but I fell in love with her. The boys will have another grandmother on their hands. 

Yes, she is, Gene. I'm so glad you fell for her. And yes, Kendall wasn't sure at first either, but he and Michael both see her in a good light. Their family just keeps growing... thanks for leaving the great comment, my friend... sorry it took so long to reply... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 8/4/2017 at 9:19 AM, wenmale64 said:

Great chapter Gary. Everything I wanted to say has been said above. I really want to see and HEAR more of Mrs B. She is going to be a real interesting one to follow. The wedding cake may have more suprises than we think..........  Please let Bodie and Nate help each other learn and find pease and hapiness togeather. I can't wait for the next chapter :D.

It doesn't matter what others say... leaving a comment encourages me :) . I'm so pleased you like Mrs. B. She's been in my head for ages... and as far as the wedding cake, I'm sure she has a great design in mind. Nate and Bodie have some talking to do, that's for sure. I hope you like the next chapter, wen... let me know what you think... and thanks for this one... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 8/4/2017 at 10:07 AM, Bucket1 said:

I don't believe the word count, that just whizzed by. Excellent chapter.

 

Couple of things to mention, I love Mrs B, she is awesome. Poor Nate. Who in their right mind would want to be a teenager again? No thank you. Nate sees Bodie's body and bits and his brain turns to mush. Michael gets two big points this chapter, first stepping up to the Dad role (he is afternoon dad, not morning dad :) ) and second, he knew how many days, our hornbag is a true romantic. Kendall gets the points for winning over Mrs B, all Michael did was snigger and look pretty :P

Awesome, B. I was worried it would seem too long :D . I'm glad you, in particular, liked Mrs. B. She's quite the character. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be a teenager again... although... eh, never mind :) . You're right... Michael scored big points... in Kendall's eyes. He was quite surprised, and quite touched. I love letting readers see what I've known from the beginning... just how deep Michael really is. He truly is a match for, and deserving of, Kendall. As you say, our horndog is a romantic through and through, but only for Kendall. He never was before. LOL to sniggering and looking pretty... he can do that well... and in the dad department, he hit this one out of the park. Thanks, buddy... great comment... cheers... Gary :hug: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..