Jump to content
    Parker Owens
  • Author
  • 102 Words
  • 1,012 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Disasters, Delights and Other Detours - 85. Tinted Skyscrapers

I fear I am late with this. The power went out yesterday, and I could not easily post. Sorry about that.

You held me

in a purple embrace

while sparkling silver seconds ticked by,

each made valuable by the warmth they purchased,

a sure shelter from blue-green terrors

and technicolor storms

on the screen.

 

Brown and grey

are durable colors,

plodding quietly through the seasons,

underappreciated, yet content to build

forests where yellow, red and orange

can tarantell and play

for an hour.

 

The north wind

carries white on its back,

a great load hanging low and sober,

too heavy a burden for its ice-blue shoulders,

so that some small smattering slips through,

writing bare branch outlines

of winter.


Thank you for reading these skyscrapers. Scorn or smile, I'd love to know what you think.
Copyright © 2017 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 7
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I enjoyed all of these, as always.  Winter is definitely slipping through today.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I enjoyed all of these, as always.  Winter is definitely slipping through today.  

Thank you very much for reading these. It was fun playing a little with color.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Wonderful, Parker. There is white dusting the greens and browns and grays here, with more flakes floating directionless as the breeze plays with them. It's quite lovely. :) 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Headstall said:

Wonderful, Parker. There is white dusting the greens and browns and grays here, with more flakes floating directionless as the breeze plays with them. It's quite lovely. :) 

Thank you very much for taking time to read these and letting the colors enter and play. The snow has stopped here, and there is vivid blue on the horizon peeking out from under the clouds.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..