Jump to content
    Parker Owens
  • Author
  • 221 Words
  • 1,057 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Disasters, Delights and Other Detours - 63. Midwinter Night's Dreams

Two visions from the cold January nights. As is invariably the case, all the errors you can find are mine.

Of the Earth

 
Sleep, earth and dream
while in your deep white blanket wrapped
and candles gleam
'cross drifts with which the world is mapped
where autumn's secrets sere lie trapped.
 
Brief was rest snapped
by fretful yearnings in the breeze
which held enrapt
creation by the weather's tease,
false promises of warmth and ease.
 
For thus we freeze;
while slumber claims each breath and sigh,
comes through the trees
such cold from latitudes most high
as stills the mind when it draws nigh.
 
Speed quickly by
your silent song with Morphic theme;
greet sun and sky;
and slide chill sheets from lea and stream
your vernal visions to redeem.
 
 
Of Him
 

My gentle sweet

who breathes the joy of promised dawn

beneath the sheet

where from his frame were pleasures drawn

while Sagittarius looked on;

 

Ere night be gone

I shall awaken him once more,

his broken yawn

foreshortened by my kisses four

and touches that he can't ignore;

 

I shall implore

his arms my body to embrace

in love's encore

that ardent lips my skin might grace

so parting’s pain they might efface;

 

Hence will I trace

the pathway to his pleasure’s seat

and sleep replace

with whispers in the rising heat

until our senses lie replete.

Any comments or remarks are welcome. I value anything you might have to say.
Copyright © 2017 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

10 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Lovely, as always :hug: 

Thanks for reading these. Maybe they’ll make January go away. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I liked them both, but especially the second one, and how the titles suggest that one leads into the other. :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

From the cold to the warmth, or should I say, heat. Loved them both, but  Of Him was particularly pleasing. :)  Beautiful work, Parker!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Geron Kees said:

I liked them both, but especially the second one, and how the titles suggest that one leads into the other. :)

 

I’m very glad you liked these two. I’m partial to the second one also. Thank you so much for reading. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

From the cold to the warmth, or should I say, heat. Loved them both, but  Of Him was particularly pleasing. :)  Beautiful work, Parker!

Thank you very much for reading these, and for such generous comments. If only we could keep away the winter by what we write. I’m partial to Of Him too. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Both have been slowly savored and enjoyed, the second is  my favorite maybe because Sagittarius  is my zodiac sign ( I know I know unscientific  :unsure2:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

@aditus: To savor poetry is one of life’s greatest pleasures. That you should savor these makes me very happy. And I’m most fond of the second for quite unscientific reasons, too. Thank you for reading and savoring these. 

Edited by Parker Owens
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..