Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 1,948 Words
  • 1,454 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains graphic sexual scenes.

Catering with Benefits (2) - Second Course - 19. HE DOSEN’T KNOW I LIKE HIM

“Hi, it’s Andy, I need your advice on something Thomas.”

“Sure, what’s happening?”

“I had a message from Mr. P this morning, to go to his office for a meeting and it made me a bit nervous.”

“What do you think he wants? Is he pressuring you to come back?”

“No, not that. I’ve already been to see him and he was quite friendly. He says he’s tired of just calling the agency to get boys now that I don’t do it for him. He doesn’t know who he will get. I used to vet them for him and he was usually happy with my choices.”

“So does he want you to vet his boys again?”

“Sort of, he knows what you do for Mrs. P and says he would like to try the same arrangement. Now that I’m not around as a regular fallback he has a different guy every time.”

“You mean he wants a hand-picked regular guy.”

“Exactly, so I need some advice about how you do it.”

“But you have been choosing his men for years.”

“Yes, but if I chose badly it didn’t matter much as it was only for one night. As you know, semi-permanent arrangement needs a lot more vetting.”

“Are you thinking of getting a guy from the agency?”

“Maybe, but also, I’ve met a guy that I think might be suitable and I would like your opinion.”

“I can do that.”

“There is another matter. I sort of like him myself.”

“Then why not keep him for yourself?”

“I’m not sure I want to share him.”

“You’re right it wouldn’t be a good idea to share him with Mr. P.”

“No it’s not sharing with Mr. P. He works The Wall in Darlinghurst and I’m not sure I could become involved with someone who does that.”

“Oh, I see the problem. So what’s your gut feeling; do you want him for yourself or are you willing to give him to Mr. P?”

“I’m not sure. If I keep him for myself, I have to share him with his clients because he needs an income. But, on the other hand if I give him to Mr. P, he won’t need other clients, but out of reach for me. Either way I lose.”

“How does he feel about you?”

“He doesn’t know I like him. We haven’t been on a date yet”.

“What’s stopping you from asking him on a date?”

“His work.”

“I think you have answered your own question Andy.”

“Oh I hate it when you’re right all the time.”

“Thank you... I think.”

“Hang on.” challenged Andy “What do you mean I answered my own question. I haven’t a fucking clue what to do.”

“Well you like this guy, but you don’t like his work. Am I right so far?”

“Yes, go on.”

“And you’re thinking of recommending him for Mr. P.”

“Yep, so where’s the answer in all this?”

“Shit, this time you’re right, there is no answer in this conversation.”

“Thank you. Now can we discuss my dilemma?”

“So who is this guy, where did you meet and what do you like about him?”

“Hell, one question at a time.”

“I’m sort of in a hurry. I’ve got a meeting with Mrs. P shortly.”

“No problem, how about coming over for dinner. I’ll cook, I’ve got the place to myself now Jared spends most nights at Castle Hill.”

“Sounds good, about 6.30 ok?”

***

Edward was looking in the back of the pantry, where he was sure he had one last bottle of his favourite red.

“What are you doing fossicking around in here?” asked Romel when he went to get the fish sauce for the meal he was cooking.

“I’m sure I have a bottle of that Merlot left. Have you seen it?”

“No, are you sure you didn’t drink it and forgot.”

“Don’t start that again. I don’t forget things.”

“Well happy hunting.” ended Romel

Then from the pantry “Eureka!”

“What does that mean?” asked Romel.

“It means I found my red, and I’m going to savour it. I’m not sure if I can get anymore.”

“Isn’t one red wine the same as another, really?”

“I don’t think I should dignify that question with an answer. What are you some sort of Philistine?”

“No both my parents were Philippine born.”

“What’s that got to do with it?”

“I thought a Philistine might be a person with one parent from the Philippines and one from Palestine.”

“Oh, you are sharp tonight. Maybe I will share my red with you after all.”

Over dinner Edward raised the issue of Juanito’s work by suggesting they should help him find something a little more socially acceptable.

“Where do you suggest we start?” asked Romel.

“I’m not sure, but he told me he works part-time at 7 Eleven, plus what he does at night are both serving customers, so maybe that’s a start. We find him something serving people.”

“Like waiting tables.”

“Brilliant!” exclaimed Edward.

“I’m sure he’s thought about that, and most of that work is not highly paid and is very casual in nature.”

“Of course, but we know some people that use waiters and I know they pay better than the average wage in cafes and such, especially for the right men.”

“You mean Craig and Justin?” asked Romel

“Precisely and they are so busy these days, I’m sure they could offer him a fair bit of work, and even if it’s only casual to start, at least he’s a foot in the door and could reduce his time at the wall.”

“So do we ask the boys first or talk to Juanito first?”

“How about both? You make the suggestion to Juanito and I’ll put out some feelers to Craig and Justin.”

“Did you know he was part way through an accountancy course before he left Manila, but can’t afford the fees since he came here?”

“I didn’t, but maybe we could help there.”

“How?” asked Romel

“Well, if he’s willing to commit to the study time, we could help out with tuition fees.”

“That’s very generous Edward.”

“It’s not like we have children to educate and besides he’s family, why wouldn’t we do that?”

Romel sniffed, went quiet and Edward asked “What’s up?”

“I love you so much, that you would do that for my family.”
“Excuse me....my family also.”

After a hug Edward said “Get a tissue and blow your nose, or Juanito won’t understand a word you say.”

***

Andy was part way through his second scotch of the evening when he heard the front door open.

“Is that you Jared?”

“No, it’s me, your dinner guest. Forgotten already?”

“Thomas! How come you let yourself in?”

“I still have my key. Jared didn’t ask for it back and I may...” he raised his eyebrows “... have forgotten to return it.”

“You cheeky bugger, what if Jared had been here and found you letting yourself into his house?”

“Not likely, since he’s dining with Mrs P tonight.”

“Is there anything you don’t know?”

“Maybe, but it’s probably not worth knowing anyway.”

“Ok, make yourself useful by opening the wine you brought, not bought.”

“Why do you say it that way? I could have been to the bottlo on the way.”

“Yes, and I hear the Pope is turning Anglican.”

“Good to know. So does that mean you don’t want to share my ill-gotten bottle?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“So, tell me about this man of yours.”

“His name’s Juanito.”

“That sounds exotic.”

“He’s actually Romel’s cousin.”

“Noh... not the one referred to by Edward at that famous dinner party.”

“The one and same.”

“Well, I’ll be fucked both ways. Who would have thought? So, how did you meet him?”

“Edward and Romel had a sort of ‘let’s explain things’ dinner last week. Edward wanted to assure me I was in no way responsible for his tirade and Romel needed to clear the air about his cousin. You know, he had no idea what Juanito does. In fact he’d only seen him once, by chance, since coming to Australia.”

“So they did both things together?”

“Yes, and it all went very well. Edward and I are still friends and Romel’s comfortable with Juanito. Well...maybe not comfortable, accepting might be a better term.”

“That answers two of my three questions of this afternoon.”

“So what was the third?”

“What do you like about him, and I’ll add another. What are you going to do about it?”

“Mmm, I just feel comfortable with him and he’s open an honest when he speaks about himself. I like that in a man.”

“Do you think he likes you?”

“I’m not sure. He was friendly at dinner and on the drive afterwards, but he didn’t want me to take him home.”

“So where did you take him?”

“To work, as he put it, to turn a few tricks.”

“Oh, that doesn’t sound good. Did you make it clear why you wanted to drive him home?”

“No, not really. I thought it would happen naturally when we got there.”

“So what do you want to do about it? Do you want him?”

“I do, but not sure what I should do about it.”

“Do you want my advice?”

“Why do you think I’m slaving over a hot stove here?”

“You know I give my advice for free, even if it’s not asked for, sometimes.”

“Well, I’m asking, so advise away.”

“Firstly, forget about Mr. P’s needs for the moment. This is a time to think only of yours. Secondly, ask Juanito on a date and see how it goes. Then if the feelings you have for him are reciprocated, take it from there. You can always find someone else for Mr. P. But, on the other hand, if you two don’t click, then the decision will be made for you.”

“Dare I say it without you getting a swelled head, but you’re right...again.”

“Good man, now what’s for dinner?”

“Seafood marinara pasta. Since I moved here to Leichhardt, the Italian thing seems to have crept into my cooking.”

 

During dinner, Thomas asked “If it works out with you two, how are you going to handle the rent boy thing?”

“Firstly, I can hardly be critical of that, given my recent past.”

“It’s not a about being critical, it’s about how you will feel when he’s working.”

“I’ve thought about that also. If we really like each other, I could encourage him to get a regular job, maybe even help him out a bit so he doesn’t have to work the wall.”

“Now you’re thinking properly. What sort of work has he done in the past?”

“He used to work at 7 eleven and Romel said he was working as a waiter at Fair Day this year. So that’s a possibility if we can get him some hospitality gigs.”

“I like your thinking, so maybe I could have a word with my very good friends at Catering with Benefits.”

“Very good friends? I thought they were just your caterers. Is there something I should know?”

“If you’ve got dessert, I just might tell you.”

“You’re on.”

“Well, you know I spent the night with them, when Jared was away.”

“How could anyone forget, it caused your breakup. So has there been more?”

“Well not like that, but we did have phone sex last week. I can’t believe how adventurous they are.”

“Why, what happened?”

“Firstly I must say, I’m glad it was only by phone, I’m not sure I would have been comfortable joining in their fisting session.”

“Really, they’re into that: tell me more.”

Leichhardt is an inner western suburb and the centre of Italian culture and cuisine in Sydney.
best-restaurants-trovata-01_240x240.png     
Next chapter - Big things to come.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Edward certainly is an enigma. It is hard to believe the Edward who offers to assist Juanito financially is the same person as the "evil old witch" who was so vicious to all present at the dinner party. 

@Wombat Bill I do so enjoy how you reveal a little more of your characters each time they make an appearance. You paint them well too, their idiosyncrasies adding depth and in most cases, a certain appeal. 

I think @chris191070 is right. Thomas' loose tongue could get him into a little trouble (perhaps not all of it bad though).

 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 1/29/2021 at 1:49 AM, Summerabbacat said:

Edward certainly is an enigma. It is hard to believe the Edward who offers to assist Juanito financially is the same person as the "evil old witch" who was so vicious to all present at the dinner party. 

@Wombat Bill I do so enjoy how you reveal a little more of your characters each time they make an appearance. You paint them well too, their idiosyncrasies adding depth and in most cases, a certain appeal. 

I think @chris191070 is right. Thomas' loose tongue could get him into a little trouble (perhaps not all of it bad though).

 

I also think that you are right, @Summerabbacat, and so is @chris191070 about Thomas having a loose tongue. And I still think Edward is showing signs of out-of-control blood sugar, or possibly bipolar symptoms.  ( have a spouse with both diabetes AND bipolar.)  Much less likely, but very slightly possible, is a brain tumor.

So when will Desmond reappear?  @Wombat Bill, you do not introduce characters for just once in a while, except just when necessary, so I bet Desmond shows up again within 10 to 20 chapters.

You have a rich cast of characters, and are using each well-- even if I would like to see Brett and Jeremy show up again soon.  (But if later, that's okay too.)

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, ReaderPaul said:

So when will Desmond reappear? , you do not introduce characters for just once in a while, except just when necessary, so I bet Desmond shows up again within 10 to 20 chapters.

You have a rich cast of characters, and are using each well-- even if I would like to see Brett and Jeremy show up again soon.  (But if later, that's okay too.)

Funny you should ask this question today - I'm putting together some ideas for part 3, that will be called 'An Appetite for More' and Desmond will be there when Mrs P's plumbing needs attention. 

When this story was originally published I was accused of having too many characters at the end.Since then I have added six more, mostly by popular demand. Juggling them all does present a problem. The problem is not as might be expected, finding story lines, it is finding a way of them all getting time on stage without long periods between their appearances. 

Brett & Jeremy as well as Max and Charles seem popular, and Rani had one request, but Daniel none. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

@Wombat Bill there are quite a lot of characters, but I think you have "fleshed them out" well enough, and they make regular enough appearances at present, for your readers to remember their significance to the story. For example, i remembered Dean the barman from the first "book", although could not place where the boys had met him. You had obviously described his character sufficiently though for me to remember him, where that was I suggest is of less importance.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 1/30/2021 at 3:49 PM, Wombat Bill said:

Funny you should ask this question today - I'm putting together some ideas for part 3, that will be called 'An Appetite for More' and Desmond will be there when Mrs P's plumbing needs attention. 

When this story was originally published I was accused of having too many characters at the end.  Since then I have added six more, mostly by popular demand. Juggling them all does present a problem. The problem is not as might be expected, finding story lines, it is finding a way of them all getting time on stage without long periods between their appearances. 

Brett & Jeremy as well as Max and Charles seem popular, and Rani had one request, but Daniel none. 

Too many characters?  I have seen a literary estimate that Charles Dickens created more than 13,000 (THIRTEEN THOUSAND) characters total  in his works!  Compared to him, you are a character miser!  And Dickens had no trouble with plot lines either!  Most good writers (and I am including you in this, @Wombat Bill), have little trouble coming up with plots -- rather, finding time to write all or most of them is the real problem -- time.

I would like to see Daniel again.  And Rani.  And learn more about some of Mrs. P's household staff, especially the talented cook.  Or is there more than one cook?

Mrs. P's plumbing will need attention in part 3?  Her personal internal plumbing, or her home plumbing?  Or both?

Edited by ReaderPaul
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..