Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 3,924 Words
  • 877 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains graphic sexual scenes.

Catering with Benefits (2) - Second Course - 17. HOUSE WARMING

p style="text-align:center;"> d2924f7821d480c8dbc1cca9502fe673.jpg

Craig and Justin’s house-warming dinner party was arranged for their first free weekend after the Price’s party with the usual crowd invited. Raj, Tristan, Romel and Edward all accepted their invitations. A few days later Edward called Craig, “Hi sweetie thanks for the invite, I’ve already confirmed with Justin, but I wanted to let you know I’ve taken it upon myself to invite Andre, I know you don’t mind.” Of course Craig minded, but wasn’t about to admit it to Edward.

“Oh that’s thoughtful of you Edward of course he will be welcome.”

“Thank you, I thought I might have been a bit presumptuous, but we’re all close friends aren’t we sweetie?”

Craig was actually furious and was not in the mood for conversation. “Well thanks for letting me know Edward, I’ll cater accordingly. Bye for now.”

“Oh... bye” replied Edward with a little confusion in his tone.

Craig went straight to tell Justin what Edward had done. “Why would he invite Andy?” asked Justin.

“Well, they did hit it off that night at the pub.”

“You don’t think he has found out about the trick we played on him about Andy, do you?”

“How could he, I don’t think he has seen Andy since that night.”

“Maybe Romel or any of the group could have told him.” suggested Justin.

“I don’t think any of them would dare risk it. No, I think it’s just that he liked Andy and was intrigued by what he thinks Andy does.”

“You’re probably right, but we have been putting it off for too long now.”

“While we might hope that over time he will forget about it, I don’t think he will, because he is bound to ask Andy about his work.”

“Well, we can’t stop it now; just have to deal with it, if we get caught.”

Then Craig remembered “Hey, if Andy’s invited maybe we should also invite Thomas. It might not look good if we leave him out now.”

“Yes, of course, I’ll ring him right now.”

“Good Man.”

***

Both Craig and Justin were really excited about having their closest friends to their new home for the first time, although Thomas had been before. Justin attended to the guest arrivals while Craig was busy in the kitchen. They all arrived with bottles of wine and small gifts for the happy couple. Justin put the gifts on a side table, the wine on the bar and took drink orders for all. When Craig came into the living room he looked at the gift display and said “It looks like a wedding. Thanks so much, guys.”

“You may not have to wait that much longer if you want to marry.” said Andy “Have you heard we will have to vote on it soon?”

“That’s right,” said Raj, “They are going to have some sort of thing called a plebiscite.”

“What’s that?” asked Tristan

Craig had seen the announcement on the news and offered what he knew. “It seems the nation will be asked to vote Yes or No as to whether or not same-sex marriage should be allowed.”

“So if it’s yes, then we can get married?” asked Justin.

“No not exactly. It’s really only a survey and then the politicians will still have to vote on legislation in parliament.”

“That’s a crock of shit really. How many surveys have the media already done and the majority are in favour of same-sex marriage. The politicians just have to get on and do the fucking job we pay them for” grumped Tristan “not that I want to get married.”

Craig continued, “Well, it’s now called Marriage Equality apparently and that’s the best the old fossils in the Liberal Party can come up with. Although I think it’s really a stalling tactic to stave off the inevitable.”

“Right Craig.” said Justin “When do we get to vote on this pleby thingy?”

“Next month I think. They say it could be all done by Christmas.”

“Well this old girl has seen some changes in her time but I didn’t think I would see gay marriage.” said Edward, “But don’t order any wedding cakes yet children. The Liberals may still have another card up their sleeve. Abbott and his ilk won’t give in that easily.”

Then Raj said to Justin and Craig “Hey guys, when gay marriage is legalised do you two realise the potential for your catering business?”

“He’s right there,” enthused Justin, “Just think of it. All those couples that have been waiting for years will need wedding planners and caterers and all sorts of stuff for their big day.”

“Justin, I can see the dollar signs in your eyes already.” observed Tristan.

“Just saying...but the possibilities are exciting.”

 

When Justin invited the friends to the dining table Andy and Edward did not hear him as they were engaged in conversation in the entry hall.

“Edward,” said Andy, “Remember when we met at the pub a few months ago and you thought I was an S & M master?”

“Yes.”

“I am in fact a jewellery designer and maker for Price Jewellery in the city. You may have heard of them.”

“Of course I’ve heard of them, they’re the biggest and oldest jewellery store in Sydney; not that I’ve ever shopped there, it’s a bit out of my budget.”

“Oh they have more moderately priced products as well.”

“So, you design jewellery by day and punish people by night?”

“No, not at all, I don’t do anything like that.”

“So why did Justin say you were his nipple master?”

“What he said was, that I am a master at what I do. A little over stated perhaps, but I know he meant it as a compliment.”

“So where do the nipples come into this?”

“I made some custom nipple studs for Justin, has he not shown them to you?”

“No, he hasn’t”.

“I’m surprised, he’s quite proud of them apparently.”

“Now let me get this straight sweetie. Justin and his lot let me think you two had some sort of master and slave thing going, when in fact it’s all lies.”

“Well, not lies, just a little misdirection of the truth, to have a bit of fun.”

“At my expense, it seems. Was my partner Romel, in on this deception too?”

“Yes, but don’t blame him, he just went along with the group.”

“But he’s had months to tell me and chose not to.”

“Maybe he just forgot.”

“Regardless, I won’t forget what these bitches did. Thank you for telling me Andre, you are a good man.”

As Justin walked around the table pouring Champagne for the toast he noticed two of his guests were missing. When he saw Andy and Edward in conversation in the entry hall a chill came over him, he lost concentration and spilled wine over Thomas.

“Hey man, I prefer it in the glass. I don’t like to lick it off the table, only off you, maybe.” he said cheekily with a wink.

The rest of the guests who were firstly surprised when Justin spilled the wine then became even more so at Thomas’s comment. Justin apologised to Thomas, who mopped up the spill with a napkin and did not notice the surprised looks on the faces of the others. Nothing more was said about it as Romel called out to Edward. The two late arrivals took their places at the table just as Craig arrived with the entree.

Edward took it upon himself to propose the toast to the couple and their new home. He did it with such good grace and honesty that Justin felt relaxed and less worried about having seen Edward and Andy chatting. When the table conversation got loud enough, Justin whispered in Craig’s ear and told him what he saw earlier.

The dinner went well, all were happy and joking like they usually do. Thomas and Andy, the relative newcomers, fitted in well and felt welcome. Justin remained fully clothed throughout the dinner and even when Thomas asked him why he was not showing off his talents he replied “I’m not working tonight Thomas. This is my party and I am the host.”

After dessert Edward said he wanted to propose another toast. “Please raise your glasses ladies and toast yourselves before I roast your all slowly.” Most of the group froze, as they knew what was coming. Thomas and Andy looked pleased thinking this must be Edward’s party trick and were looking forward to the entertainment. Everyone sat spellbound as they could practically see the steam coming from Edward’s ears. He was absolutely livid. The group waited nervously and finally Edward let them have it with both barrels.

“You pathetic bunch of bitches, how dare you take the piss out of me like that. Andre has told me the truth about his work and now I know that most of you were in on it.

“Oh, for pity’s sake,” cried Craig “Just let it go for once in your life, especially tonight with new guests in our group.”

“Oh Andy’s safe tonight, after all he is the one that owned up to the deception you lot dragooned him into. He can just sit back and watch me tear you tarts limb from limb. Thomas, just watch and see how it’s done by an expert. Now Romel, top up my glass while I decide whom I will roast first.”

“Edward, just start and finish with me and leave the others alone, it was my idea.” volunteered Craig

“Well sweetie if you wish I will start with you, but I doubt it’s going finish with you.”

“OK, take your best shot first.”

“On second thought, I’m going to save you till last, that way you can stew a little longer.” Edward looked around the table and set his sights on Tristan.

“Tristan my boy, why don’t you tell us why you don’t need a boyfriend?” Edward paused but there was no answer forthcoming.

Then he looked at Romel, “That cousin of yours that works the wall in Darlinghurst; how’s business these days?” Romel looked quite confused.

“Oh and while on the subject of cousins, Raj, tell us about your cousin who came here to study, never even showed up for orientation day at college and has a deportation order waiting to be served on him if he is ever located by immigration.”

Then with eyes fixed on Justin, “There’s one among us that makes a living by allowing women, yes I said women, to dip their hands into his pants to find sweet treats. Don’t ask me to explain it.” spat Edward. “I wonder who that might be? I also wonder if his parents know how he earns a living? That could be interesting.”

“Now Craig my darling I’ve saved you for last. Why don’t you tell the assembled crowd here why you quit nursing?” Craig just stared at Edward in silence.

“No answer sweetie, that’s a shame I’m sure we would all like to hear the real reason.”

Finally Thomas spoke, “Edward, what a show, I’m sure many people would pay money to see that. Am I the only one here who thought it was hilarious?”

The group stared daggers at Thomas. “Oops, you mean he didn’t make all that up? Sorry guys.”

Finally Justin came to Craig’s defence “You evil old witch, how dare you come to our home and spread your venomous lies around the table, embarrassing all our friends and making an absolute fool of yourself as well. I would like you to either apologise to everyone or leave immediately, and if you choose to leave then you will never be welcome here again. Have I made myself clear?”

“Oh perfectly clear you little whore.”

Andy felt he needed to say something, “I will apologise to all of you. I had no idea when I shared our little secret with Edward that it would finish up like this. Edward, I thought you were my friend, but I see now I was just entertainment value to you. To my new friends I’m sorry for bringing this about.”

Craig finally broke his silence, “No need for you to apologise Andy, it’s not your fault. We probably should not have involved you in the first place especially knowing what Edward is like. But even I could not anticipate that you could be so vicious Edward. Like Justin said, apologise or get out.”

Edward stood up and said indignantly, “Come Romel.”

“I’m not going with you Edward; go home on your own.”

“OK you little tart, have it your way, but you will be sorry.” Edward turned to leave then turned back to Romel and demanded, “Car keys.”

“NO!” yelled Romel, “Get a taxi, it’s my car and you’re too drunk to drive anyway”.

To try and smooth things, Andy called a taxi for Edward and waited outside with him till it arrived. When he returned, the group was sitting in silence their faces still showing disgust. Romel said, “Thanks for that Andy, I just can’t deal with him tonight.”

“No problem mate, happy to help a friend, we are still friends aren’t we Romel?”

“Sure and I think that goes for all of us. Guys, am I right?”

There were yells of ‘yes’ from around the room. Then Craig asked, “Coffee anyone or maybe brandy?” Unanimously they answered “Brandy”.

The group continued in conversation about life, love and the universe until the early hours of the morning. But nobody mentioned the accusations that were made by Edward. By the time Raj suggested he was going to leave they had all drunk far too much for anyone to drive. Romel asked, “Is it OK if I stay here tonight, as I do not want to go home to Edward?”

Justin replied, “Of course Romel, and that goes for the rest of you as well. Why don’t you all stay and we can share our hangovers tomorrow morning.”

Justin and Craig rustled up enough blankets and pillows for their friends and each found a place to sleep either in the guest rooms or on sofas.

“No Thomas, you can’t share our bed.” was heard from the hallway.

***

The next morning the overnighters slowly rose from their slumber and drifted one by one into the kitchen. Craig was up first and started clearing the remains of the night before. Tristan and Thomas, who had both slept on sofas in the living-room were awakened by the noise of Craig’s clearing of the dirty dishes. They both joined Craig and helped. By the time Craig had the kitchen cleared and the dishwasher stacked, Justin appeared and prepared coffee and tea. Then Raj emerged from one of the guest rooms and joined the group for a morning heart starter and conversation. Tristan thought they should mention the elephant in the room and started with, “Guys, some of the stuff Edward was talking about last night, I don’t understand and frankly don’t care to know about it.”

“Right on.” replied Raj.

“Well, I didn’t understand any of it guys and as I’m new to this group I don’t think I should comment other than to say it sounded like private stuff, if any of it is true, and should stay that way.” commented Thomas.

Raj added “Are we agreed then that we don’t mention any of this again except to admonish Edward if he raises any of the matters again?”

“Agreed” was the general reply said almost in unison.

“We seem to be missing two of our numbers.” observed Tristan.

“I think Romel and Andy are sharing in the guest room.” offered Craig.

“Oh really.” said Justin with a smirk on his face.

“Settle down boy,” replied Craig “don’t read too much into that, we were all so drunk last night some just dropped asleep anywhere they felt comfortable.”

“Just saying.”

“Saying what?” asked Raj

“Well Andy is free, sort of, and Romel could do better than the wicked witch.”

“Look even if they spent the night together and even if something happened, as Craig says, we were all so drunk it probably wouldn’t mean anything.” said Tristan.

“Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.” replied Justin.

“OK boys, let it be, I think I can hear someone coming down the hallway now.” observed Craig. Both Andy and Romel staggered from the hall together and were surprised to see the entire group looking at them anxiously. “Morning troops.” said Romel. “And from me too” added Andy who was standing close behind Romel. Justin cleared his throat in an obvious manner, then all eyes turned towards him and he said defensively “What!”

Craig asked, “Who’s going to help with breakfast?”

“How about we all do a bit.” offered Tristan.

“Good idea” added Thomas “You can be the master Craig and we will be your slaves.”

Then looking directly at Romel and Andy, Justin asked “Coffee boys?”

“Yes please.” from Andy.

“Well you two just sit together on the sofa and I will get it for you.” Justin said as he winked at them.

In the kitchen Craig was allocating duties for the preparation of breakfast. When Justin came in, Craig said to him “What are you doing?”

“Just helping.”

“Yeah, just helping to interfere, which I told you not to do, and do you want to be responsible for encouraging the breakdown of Romel and Edward’s relationship?”

“You were the one who said it would happen naturally for Andy and I think it might be. Furthermore, yes to your question, I would love to see Romel with someone who appreciated him more, instead of that evil old bastard.”

“You really have it in for Edward now, don’t you?”

“I care for Andy and I care for Romel and want to see them both happy, which they seem to be at the moment.”

“Be that as it may, don’t get between Romel and Edward they have to sort that out themselves. Besides I think you are reading too much into what, at the most, might just be a one night stand.”

“Get out of my way. I need to pour coffee...” Craig stepped back “...for my friends.” Justin added.

After breakfast, all helped with the cleaning up and then departed separately, except for Romel and Andy. As Andy did not drive over, Romel offered to drive him home. As they drove off Justin looked at Craig, raised his eyebrows, gave him a big smile but said nothing.

Romel did not feel he was ready to deal with Edward yet, so he and Andy spent Sunday together. They walked along the beach in the morning and then went for lunch at a local club overlooking Maroubra beach.

Andy asked “Is Edward often like that Romel?”

“No, sometimes he can be quite sweet, but every now and then the bitch in him rises to the surface and all around are spayed by his venom. I think he forgets he’s not a drag queen anymore; there people take that sort of talk as entertainment. When it’s your own friends you can’t talk like that. He doesn’t seem to see the difference.”

“Will he have settled down by the time you get home?”

“Oh he’ll have forgotten what he said, as he can’t see that it caused others harm. He might be a bit miffed by me not driving him home, but he’ll get over it.”

“I shouldn’t ask really, but is any of that stuff he said true?”

“Just between you and me, some of it is, some of it I don’t know about.”

“Will you tell me which bits are true?”

“Since you are now a member of our group I think you need to know a few things so you don’t say the wrong thing or get caught up in something unwittingly. Please keep it to yourself.”

“Of course I will.”

“Firstly, I don’t know what he meant about my cousin. I do have a cousin living in Sydney, but only found out he was here in February. I have no knowledge about him working ‘The Wall’ so I don’t know where Edward got that information, but I will check it out.”

“What did he mean about Tristan not needing a boyfriend? Is he straight?”

“Well, I’ve never seen him with a boyfriend, but there is some suspicion that he is into self gratification and does not have sex with other people. Somebody said something briefly a few months ago but I didn’t think much about it at the time.”

“OK, but what about Justin?”

“That’s not much of a secret really. Justin works as a waiter at the functions that Craig caters for. He started off just topless but has progressed to wearing less and less clothes, especially at women’s only parties. I suppose Edward was referring to that. I don’t know about Raj’s cousin either. I have no idea where Edward gets this information.”

“So was Craig a nurse?”

“Yes, we trained together here in Sydney and worked at the same hospital until he left suddenly to work full-time in their catering business about six months ago.”

“So why did he really leave?” Romel paused, carefully considering his answer.

“Oh...he just...had enough of the shift work...er...and wanted to work with Justin I suppose. Their business really is doing very well now.”

“So does Edward have any secrets worth revealing?”

“Not that I know of; what you see is what you get. He is both loved and loathed, often by the same people.”

“Are you two still in love?”

“Edward has been good to me for many years and yes I do love him for that. But, his bitchiness is getting worse lately. I don’t know if I can continue to love him like that.”

“I see. So are you going home when we finish lunch?”

“Do I have to?”

“What do you mean?”

“Could we go to your place?”

“Of course, I live with a flat mate. Well it is actually his house and I share with him. He’s Thomas’s ex and allowed me to move in when I left....I mean when I moved out of my employer’s house.”

“You mean you rented from your employer?”

“No, it’s more complicated than that, we had a sort of relationship, but I don’t want to talk about it yet. It’s still very painful.”

“No problem, I won’t ask any questions about it.”

“I have my own room and Jared is a really great guy, so let’s go there now.”

“Sorry Andy, I think you misunderstand me.”

“You mean you don’t want to...”

“No, I’m just not ready to face Edward yet and I enjoy talking to you. I just want to relax in your company. Is that OK?”

“Sure, I thought after last night, you might want to take it a step further.”

“I know we shared a bed last night and even had a cuddle, but we didn’t do anything else did we?”

“No, Romel, don’t worry, and judging from what you told me over lunch, it sounds like we are both bottoms.”

“Just imagine it, two nelly bottoms not knowing where to put it.” They both laughed loudly.

After lunch Romel drove Andy to his home. They spent Sunday afternoon together and Romel drove home in the evening so that Edward would not be suspicious.

Romel and Edward were cool towards each other, but civil and did not mention the tirade of the night before. They kept to their sides of the bed overnight.

Next Chapter - Andy’s disappointment.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Edward totally overreacted to the harmless deception on the part of his friends regarding Andy's "mastery". If "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", it may be that one has to multiply the fury exponentially if the "woman scorned" is a drag-queen. His behaviour seems at odds with the Edward who sought to "right the wrongs" perpetrated by Oliver against Romel, or am I merely naive?

Romel's disclosure to Andy that "Edward has been good to me......... . But, his bitchiness is getting worse lately." has me wondering @Wombat Bill if there is to be a revelation regarding Edward's health in later chapters. Perhaps he is finding ageing more difficult than most, particularly when his closest friends and partner appear to be significantly younger than he? Is he jealous of their youth or are there more "sinister forces" at work here? Is he in the early stages of dementia? I cannot help but think there is something that we your readers are not privy to yet.

"The politicians just have to get on and do the fucking job we pay them for”. How often did you hear this statement during the lead-up to the plebiscite @Wombat Bill? I know a number of friends and work colleagues made this statement to me, even several work colleagues who did not support marriage equality due to their religious beliefs. A great deal of money was needlessly spent which could have been spent elsewhere if the governing party had not been hijacked by those with a religious axe to grind. All the subsequent debate and waste on the 'Religious Freedoms Bill' has continued the debacle.

 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Edward flipped his lid big time not to mention his going off about things some of them don’t even know about not to mention information he promised to keep private. In the first installment Romel was concerned about Edward’s memory lapses so even though it hasn’t been mentioned lately I wonder if his mood swings or aggression is perhaps related to a medical condition. As far as Craig quitting nursing I think it’s way more complicated than it seems on the surface. All evidence seems to support Craig battled with his conflicting feelings and in the end gave his grandfather drugs yet something about how Romel acted along with the nurse commenting on the phone to Edward about the drug storeroom being locked & Romel being MIA when Edward called that evening makes me think he might have given Craig’s grandfather the drugs himself as a means of helping his friend.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..