Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 2,331 Words
  • 1,730 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains graphic sexual scenes.

Catering with Benefits (2) - Second Course - 20. THE FOUNDATION

p style="text-align:center;"> 746d729af51df788167d9f6fde941771.jpg

While Craig was out, Justin took a call from Cynthia Broderick. Justin knew her well as the organiser of the Doctors’ wives’ cocktail parties. Craig had told him that they were one of his earliest clients and since Justin started working with Craig they had not only been their most regular clients but also the most demanding on Justin to provide new thrills every time. Justin had grown to like Cynthia because she trusted him to strike the right balance of daring and good taste. She had always expressed her appreciation for the extra effort he put into making their parties successful.

“Good to hear from you Cynthia. What can I do for you? Do you have another party coming up? Will I need to buy a new outfit?”

“Not yet Justin but you are on the right track.”

“So what’s on your mind Cynthia.”

“As you know our little group of doctors’ wives have been having fun ourselves for a few years now and you have been a big part of that. But, we are feeling a bit guilty about being so selfish and want to do some good for others less fortunate than ourselves. So, a few of us have been talking and we would like to make our group into a fund raising organisation with charity status and formal recognition.”

“So, how can we help Cynthia?”

“You can help in the same way you have always. I just want to advise you we are doing this and hope to bring you on board early in our planning. You and Craig have always provided us with outstanding service, so naturally we thought of you first when we came up with the charity foundation idea.”

“Thank you very much Cynthia.”

“Don’t thank me yet. There is going to be a lot of work in this for your business. Our functions will no longer be just a group of 20 or so giggly girls out to have a fun night. If all goes to plan we could be talking dinners or parties for 100 or more people. We need to be sure that your business can handle that.”

“I’ll have to talk to Craig about it, but I’m sure he will be interested.”

“Of course, I just want to give you guys the first opportunity to be in on this.”

“I really appreciate that Cynthia and I’m sure Craig will also. What do you want us to do for now?”

“You and Craig should talk about what we have discussed today. In the meantime we need some great ideas for fundraising functions and then we should have a formal meeting with some of the other women who will form the planning committee.”

“Thanks Cynthia, I’ll talk to Craig as soon as he’s back.”

“Good Justin, talk to you soon, Bye.”

“Bye Cynthia.”

Justin was trembling when he hung up. He was feeling a mixture of excitement, fear and pride. He was so impatient to tell Craig that he texted him, to ask how long before he would be home. There was no reply, but he heard Craig pull into the driveway ten minutes later. Justin rushed to the door and opened it just as Craig was about to put his key in the lock. He gave Craig a big hug, while Craig tried to explain that he had not replied to the text as he was so close to home anyway.

“That’s OK.”

“So what’s got you so excited?”

“Cynthia Broderick called.”

“Do they want another girl’s night out and waiter groping?”

“Not as such, but they do want a party, a big party and lots of them.”

“What do you mean?”

Justin explained the whole conversation to Craig over a beer and they went on to discuss the possibilities until dinner time.

 

Over Dinner Justin reminded Craig, “Cynthia said she was looking for any suggestions for fund raising ideas.”

“Yes?” said Craig questioningly; never sure what Justin would come up with and always a bit apprehensive about his ideas.

“Well you know how most Aussie fund raising functions usually have raffles, auctions and stuff to sell.”

“Yes, but this is not your average school fete or Girl Guides cake stall. These are rich people and want something a bit more sophisticated than a meat tray.”

“Funny you should mention meat tray.”

“Oh, I don’t think I’m going to like this.”

“You will, just let me explain it. You remember Mrs. Price’s parties that masquerade as The Diamond Musical Society”

“Yes, she has been a good client also.

“Well all those women attend to ogle the waiters and other staff.”

“Yeah that’s what we’re about.”

“And they are like Cynthia’s doctors’ wives group that was, just for their own fun. So I am thinking of suggesting to Cynthia that the two groups get together or Cynthia invites Price’s Perves to her fund raisers.”

“That sounds reasonable, but I suspect there is more you have yet to tell me.”

“Of course, and that’s the exciting part. What if Cynthia organised a bachelors auction and the winners get a date or escort to an evening out with their purchase?”

“Oh now I see how my mention of a meat tray got you here. You’re suggesting we organise a fresh meat market?”

“You could put it that way if you were cynical.”

“OK...and even if Cynthia goes along with this...and that’s a big if...where do you think she will get these bachelors?” said Craig thinking slowly.

“That’s we’re we come in.”

“NO! Definitely not. I am not going to be auctioned to some old frustrated rich bitch.”

“Oh, slow down. I don’t mean we will be the prizes but we can organise to get the bachelors. It’s all extra income for us as a recruiting service.”

“You may call it recruiting, but there is another name for it such as procuring or even pimping.”

“Oh for god’s sake Craig, it will be all above board, I’m sure Cynthia will see to that, if she likes the idea. These older women, particularly the widows, and they are usually the ones with the money to spend, just want to be seen on the arm of a young spunky dude.”

“It could work, and Cynthia would certainly not take any chances with the reputation of her fledging foundation.”

“Right.”

***

Craig contacted Cynthia and assured her they felt confident about being able to manage her events.

“We would need to recruit more staff, but shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Since last contacting you, our group has formed a committee, with me as chair of course. We have become incorporated and registered as a charity. Our two main aims are to support public hospitals and medical research”. Then she added cheekily “...and we still intend to have some fun along the way.”

“I like the way you think Cynthia.”

“Thanks, I thought you would.”

Justin took the phone from Craig and took the opportunity to pitch the Bachelor Auction idea to Cynthia so she could discuss it with her committee before their meeting, then gave the phone back to Craig.

“Now when and where do you want to meet?”

“Can you come to my place for the meeting? To save on administration costs I have established an office here at home rather than renting a flashy office in the city. The ethos of our foundation is that the maximum amount possible of the funds we raise should go to the cause.”

“That’s very noble, and may I say, a refreshing approach when you consider some of the scandals we have heard about charities in recent years.”

“Thank you Craig. Now can you come to my place, say next Monday at 10.00 am?”

“I’ll just check, but I think that should be fine.” a short delay while Craig checked their diary “Yes Cynthia, that will be great. We have the address.”

“Of course you have my boy. We have had many fun times here in the past. Great Craig, I will see you both then. Bye.”

The day before the meeting with Cynthia she emailed to say her committee had already put the Bachelor Auction at the top of their list and so it was decided that would be the first event for the Fundraising Foundation.

Craig and Justin discussed the possibilities for the event and came to the conclusion that it would be doable. Food would be no problem, cooking and most waiting staff were already on the books and Justin was sure he could find enough bodies either at the gym, the dance studio or waiters from the other venues where he had previously worked. The only thing Justin had a problem with was how available did the bachelors have to be.

“What do you mean?” asked Craig

“What will the winners expect from the bachelors? Will they just be their escort for the evening or will they expect extras?”

“Justin, I don’t think Cynthia will be pimping on behalf of her bidders.”

“I want to be clear about it, so we need to ask just what is expected.”

“Fair enough, better to know beforehand then have embarrassing situations arise.”

“That’s right, no sense offering up a handsome man for sale if he can’t supply the goods.”

“You mean you might include some of your gay friends.”

“Why not, on the surface many of them appear macho enough to be considered straight and they usually have the best bodies, but...”

“I see what you mean.”

At the meeting the next day, Cynthia put the boys’ minds at ease when she explained “This is purely a fund raising effort and especially as it’s for the Children’s Hospital there is to be no hint of scandal attached to it. The invitations and auction conditions will make it very clear as to what the rules are.”

“What will that be Cynthia, so we can explain it to the possible recruits?” asked Justin.

“Firstly the prize will be a dinner with the bachelor at a restaurant of our choosing and paid for by us. A limo will pick up both the bachelor and the bidder, from the auction venue and then return them separately to their respective homes. There are to be no extra services offered and none should be asked for.”

“Thanks for making that clear Cynthia. I should be able to recruit some suitable young men.”

“Justin, as this is a fundraiser, can you get the men to work for a minimal fee. They will be supplied with clothing, which they can keep, plus food and transport all at our expense.”

“That should not be a problem Cynthia.”

“Great, I will email you some more details about how the auction will be run. I’m so excited about this, it’s our first attempt at fundraising and if it’s successful I hope we can do more.”

“We are looking forward to it as well. It’s our first time for a function like this and we would both like to, not only thank you for the business, but also for trusting us with your arrangements.” replied Craig.

“My pleasure boys, you have always come through for me before and I’m confident you will pleasantly surprise me yet again. Oh and I forgot to tell you, we have already secured the services of one of Sydney’s top auctioneers and it’s a woman.”

“I didn’t think there were many female auctioneers.”

“You’re right but she is great and we thought a woman’s view of the merchandise would be better for this purpose.”

“Great thinking, is that all for now Cynthia.”

“Yes from my side, call me anytime if there is anything else you need.”

“Sure, and I will get recruiting immediately and let you know my progress.” said Justin

“Bye boys.”

“Bye Cynthia.” they chorused as they left.

***

While Craig was driving, Justin checked Craig’s voicemail.

“Hey this is great timing you’ve got a message from Edward asking if we can provide some work for a friend of his. I hope he’s got some experience and looks good bare-chested.”

“He’s got a nerve asking for favours after what he did at our housewarming.”

“I suppose so, but it’s really for someone else, so maybe we should give him a hearing.”

“I’ll see what he has to say.”

Then Justin checked his own and had a message from Andy, asking him to call back.

“Hi Andy, what’s doing?”

“I’ve got a favour to ask and I hope you can help.”

“I’ll try, what do you need?”

“I was wondering if you need any extra wait staff to put on your books.”

“As it happens, we do. Craig and I are just driving back from a meeting about a large party and I’m sure we can offer you some work.”

“No, it’s not for me, but for a friend of mine.”

“What sort of friend?” asked Justin, always hopeful about news of a new romance. “A boyfriend?”

“Could be, it’s early days and we’ll see how it goes, but I’d really like to get him into some regular work.”

“You know we can’t offer full-time work, it would only be on a casual basis. But if he’s good he’ll get preferred status, being a boyfriend of yours.”

“Thanks Justin, I knew you’d help me out.”

“Why don’t you text me his number and I’ll arrange an interview.” Justin said goodbye and hung up.

“What was that all about?” asked Craig.

“Andy wants to know if we can give his new boyfriend some waiting work. So it comes at a good time. And it sounds like Edward also has a friend looking for work. Do you want me to call him?”

“No, I’ll do it when we get home. I have other words for Edward before I commit to helping his friends. He needs to be reminded what friendship means. By the way, who’s Andy’s new boyfriend, anyone we know?”
“He didn’t say.”

“And you, Andy’s self-appointed matchmaker, didn’t ask?”

Next Chapter - How to be in two places simultaneously.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

@Wombat Bill I am trying to be reasonable and kind, but sometimes Craig annoys me SO MUCH. Why does he feel it necessary to so often "rain on Justin's parade"? I seem to recall Craig made Justin an equal partner in this enterprise, and yet so often he treats him like the "hired help". Justin may be a little gauche at times, but Craig is so uptight (worse tham me, which is probably why he annoys me so much). 

Philanthropy, when genuinely motivated, is a very attractive quality. The late and much-loved George Michael was apparently very philanthropic, but this did not emerge until after his death, unlike some celebrities who bask in the glory their ostenatious philanthropy attracts. Cynthia and her group seem to have their hearts (and hopefully their purses) in the right place. Fortunately for them, they have wisely chosen their causes to support.

Price's Perves, I wonder how the ladies in question would react knowing Justin had referred to them as such? I think it a brilliant idea on Justin's part to suggest the two groups get together for some "cross pollination". They are likely to have one thing in common - money, and plenty of it, just what the foundation needs. 

Juanito must surely get some work with Craig and Justin with both Edward and Andy making a plea on his behalf. if he performs his duties well, he may even find a place for himself in this motley group of friends; and, he help to heal the rift between Edward and the others.

No doubt more interesting times ahead from the pen of our author @Wombat Bill.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

Craig is so uptight (worse tham me, which is probably why he annoys me so much). 

I know what you mean. There is a lot of me in one of our characters, but I'm not saying who.

No doubt more interesting times ahead from the pen of our author . There will be but don't get overly excited, it's women only at the auction. 

he may even find a place for himself in this motley group of friends;  Juanito will be joining as a permanent character. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wombat Bill said:

I know what you mean. There is a lot of me in one of our characters, but I'm not saying who.

No doubt more interesting times ahead from the pen of our author . There will be but don't get overly excited, it's women only at the auction. 

he may even find a place for himself in this motley group of friends;  Juanito will be joining as a permanent character. 

I thought Juanito may move from a "special guest appearance by" (a la Joan Collins as Alexis in Dynasty) to a "feature role" (a la Joan Colins as Alexis in Dynasty).

I imagine there will be some moist knickers at the auction. Not something I wish to dwell upon.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

I thought Juanito may move from a "special guest appearance by" (a la Joan Collins as Alexis in Dynasty) to a "feature role"

Juanito's role will be different to his original role in the story, now that he will be working with Justin. I will put the chapters from his original role on my "Out Takes" blog. 

 

Edited by Wombat Bill
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Awesome chapter. This could go a few ways, but this certainly provides Catering with Benefits with bigger events and potential for growth for the business.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..