Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 3,848 Words
  • 1,469 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains graphic sexual scenes.

Catering with Benefits (2) - Second Course - 34. A NEW YEAR

p style="text-align:center;"> 863a63ede5259d3dd89572bba89f5eae.jpg 

 

Jared and Thomas found themselves in a very difficult situation. They loved each other, wanted to be together but also had duties to their employer and had to consider the security of their employment.

Two days after New Year, Virginia Price spoke to Jared and told him she and her husband were going to the Gold Coast for a week and that he should take the opportunity to have the time off also. After talking to Jared, Thomas confirmed this with her and that gave the two boys a perfect opportunity to spend some time together. They decided to spend the week at Jared’s home, and for that time things were back to what they had been before Thomas’ big mistake.

While lying in bed one morning, Thomas said to Jared “Are you ever going to tell me why you applied for the job?”

“I needed the work.”

“Nice try but not good enough. I need details, thoughts, motives, etcetera.”

“I wanted to be near you.”

“If that were the case you only had to take me back, not do all this.”

“Would you have come back so easily?”

“What a bullshit question. You know I would, and I want you to treat my question seriously. Why did you take the job?”

“I was hurt, confused, sad and I didn’t know what to do about it. I felt I needed to do something to make myself feel better, achieve something and do something dramatic.”

“But you’re not the drama queen type.”

“I know but I needed something to happen in my life that was different to usual. I was pissed off with the army and I might add, with you also. So when I heard about the job with Mrs. P, I thought, what have I got to lose? It is certainly a change from my past work and in some strange way I think I wanted to prove a point, that I could do it.”

“Why did you just show up unannounced for the interview?”

“Would you have given me an interview if I asked?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because I would not have taken you seriously.”

“You see my point. But when I showed up unannounced you gave me a chance, why?”

“I couldn’t convince you to stop.”

“So you really had no intention of ever giving me the job?”

“Not really, but you interviewed so well that I had to be honest and true to my word and put you forward. You know you were on a short list of only two and Mrs P made the final choice.”

“She did tell me that and she also said it was unusual for you to do that. I think I know why but she thinks it was because you were indecisive because of breaking up with your boyfriend. She doesn’t seem to know that was me.”

“Apparently not; I guess I hadn’t mentioned your name or she forgot it.”

“Anyway, I didn’t expect I would get the offer, but when I did I thought about it and I decided to accept the challenge.”

“A challenge?”

“Yes, it’s pretty far out there, even you have to admit that, and way different to being in the army. But I think it was my army training that gave me the impetus to prove, to myself mostly, but also to you, that I could do anything I set my mind to do.”

“Are you happy with your choice?”

“Yes, I’m good at it and I know it won’t last forever and I wouldn’t want it to anyway, but I have proved I can do it and enjoy it.”

“Was it at any time about getting back at me for what I did?”

“Not everything is about you Thomas. I needed a sexual outlet and a distraction from you but I didn’t want another man, at least not at that time. So in some way it was about you.”

“I like that, I hadn’t thought of it that way. It must make you feel so good that you can make that decision and not only stick to it, but enjoy the results of your decision. That shows a real strength of character and a strong will to succeed. Is that how it is with the pain thing, willing yourself to succeed?”

“Yes, it must be and it all works together. But now we really need to talk about what happens at the end of this week when we both have to return to work.”

“I know, and I’m dreading the thought. I don’t know if I can share you.”

“Well, it’s far too late for that.”

“I know and we’ll just have to work out something that we can all live with.”

“Have you got any suggestions, you are usually the ideas man.”

“Well I have one idea, but it’s not negotiable, and that is, I’m not going to do anything that jeopardises our relationship. I will not run the risk of losing you again.”

“I like the sound of that, but what do we do in a practical sense?”

“Well we are lucky to have your home here where we can have privacy, so we should make the most of that.”

“Of course, go on.”

“I think we should keep our relationship secret at the Prices’ for now, and any time we have off we spend here, even if only one of us has time off.”

“I like that, but why not take it one step further and you move back here permanently. Then when I have time off I come over and join you. You have already moved out of Castle Hill once and at that time you were planning to share with Andy.”

“Great! I can say I am going to move in with Andy and that will raise less suspicion.”

“Also it means we won’t be in the Castle Hill home together so much. It will just be as if we had different jobs and one of us has to spend some nights away.”

“Namely you, my love” Thomas lamented.

“But you will have Andy for company when I am working and we will still see each other in the gym. You haven’t forgotten that commitment have you?”

“Well, that’s a great incentive for me, when I feel too lazy to exercise. I will be spurred on by the opportunity to be near you.”

“This plan’s sounding better all the time.”

“One more thing we have to consider. Do you think you can cope with keeping both of us satisfied?”

“You mean, divided loyalties?”

“No, I mean can you physically cope?”

“Well if I get a bit tired then I must consider my work comes first and I can let you do all the work when we are in bed together. But I doubt it will come to that. I’m fit and what man wouldn’t want to make love to his partner at any opportunity as well as getting paid to have sex with his employer.”

“Thanks for the way you said that.”

“What do you mean?”

“You said you’d make love to me and have sex with Mrs. P”

“Why would I put it any other way? Now remind me how many times we’ve made love this week.”

“Every night and two mornings.”

“That doesn’t seem enough, I don’t want to be accused of slacking off, let’s make it three mornings, because that’s all you’ll get this week.”

“Why, we have two more days before the Prices are back.”

“I know but I want to spend the weekend with my parents and also look for my birth certificate.”

“They’ll be thrilled. You haven’t seen much of them lately; and the birth certificate, is that because of this name thing between you and Justin.”

“Yes, I really want to follow this up.”

“Ok, I’ll miss you but it’s important to spend time with family.”

“Right, now down to business and then it’s your turn to cook breakfast.”

***

On the following Monday morning, Jared was up early, said goodbye to his parents after breakfast and headed off to Castle Hill. He knew Virginia Price was due back some time in the day and he wanted to get in a workout and do some laps in the pool before her arrival.

When he went to the gym, Desmond was giving the Rolls Royce a wipe down after a quick wash.

“Hi Mr Jared, going to pump iron, as you folk say?”

“Yes Desmond, Mrs. P. will be back today, need to keep in shape.”

“I know, I’m just about to leave for the airport, expect to be back about 2.00pm. I’ll bet after a week away, she’ll be keen to see you again.”

“I expect so. Have a safe drive Desmond.”

“Is there any other kind in a Roller?”

 

Jared spent about ninety minutes in the gym, fifty laps of the pool then went to the kitchen for some sandwiches and fruit, which he took out to the poolside. After eating, it was nearly 2.00pm, so he decided to stay be the pool, because it could be seen from Virginia Price’s bedroom balcony. He knew one of the first things she would do would be to take a look at her garden and he thought it would be a nice surprise for her to find him in her view.

He dozed off in the sun but was awakened by Desmond parking the car. He knew then the Prices were back and it would not be long before she came looking for him. He closed his eyes and waited for the sound of her footsteps coming down the path.

It was not long before he heard footsteps, but he didn’t think they were her light but deliberate steps. They were more of a shuffle and flap, like the sound of loose sandals. As he opened his eyes he saw Jonathan Price approaching and that made Jared uncomfortable.

“Oh, I’m sorry Mr. Price, I don’t suppose you approve of the staff using the pool. I wasn’t expecting you, so I’ll be off immediately and let you have the pool to yourself.”

“That’s not a problem at all. Stay young man, it’s quite all right for you to enjoy the facilities.”

“Thank you Mr. Price, that’s very generous of you, but I should go and see if Mrs. Price needs me...er...I mean if she needs help with anything.”

“Young man, you were right the first time, I suspect she does need you...”

“Then I should be off, right away.”

“Not so fast, you didn’t let me finish. I was about to say she may need you but she can’t have you.”

“Oh, why is that Sir, is there some problem?”

“The only problem is that she is not here, she is still on the Gold Coast.”

“Did she extend her holiday?”

“As it turned out the Turnbulls have taken the penthouse in the same building as we were staying, so she decided to stay so her and Lucy can do all those girlie things like shopping, lunching and I suspect attending some of those naughty boy strip clubs.”

“Oh, she didn’t let me know, so how long do you think she will be away.”

“I don’t know, when those two get together, who knows. The Gold Coast doesn’t really do much for me, so I took the opportunity to fly back with Malcolm so we could discuss business.”

“You mean, those Turnbulls?”

“Yes, we are old mates from way back. We used to do business when he was a merchant banker, who would have thought back then he would have such lofty ambitions. Although I’m not surprised he went so far, but a pity about the way it ended.”

“I don’t know what to say Mr. Price, this is all too much for me and one thing I learned in the army was, not to talk politics.”

“Don’t worry about it. Now tell me, I hear you have a pet name you call my wife.”

“Around the house I call her the same as Thomas always has, that’s Mrs. P.”

“Well, since I will be spending more time around here why don’t you call me the same.”

“Certainly Mr. P. Would you like me to get you a drink or something to eat?”

“Yes Jared, just use the phone in the pool house and order me a Chivas with spring water on the side and whatever you drink also.”

“It’s no problem for me to go up to the house and get it for you.”

“No, we have staff for that and besides I like to see you relaxing by the pool. That’s what it’s for young man. I’m enjoying the view, very much.” And raised his eyebrows.

“As you say, Mr. P.”

Jared went to the pool house, ordered drinks and then made a quick call to Thomas.

“Do you know Mr. P’s back without Mrs P?”

“I do now. I was just about to leave when I got an email from her explaining she was staying on the Gold Coast, but she didn’t say Mr. P. was returning. And why didn’t you answer your phone, I called about two hours ago, Mrs. P asked me to let you know.”

“I left it in my room and I’ve been in the gym and the pool. In fact I’m calling you from the pool house. Mr. P. wants a scotch and insisted I order it from here and whatever I want as well. We’re sitting by the pool.”

“Is he happy to share with you?”

“Yes he’s really quite friendly now, not like the last time I met him when Mrs. P. introduced us.”

“Ok enjoy for a while, but I expect you home later in the day.”

“Sure, see you for dinner.”

By the time Jared returned to the pool, the drinks had been delivered and Jonathan said “Sit down Jared, relax and soak up some sun.”

“Thank you Mr. P. it’s very generous of you.’

“Not at all, it’s very generous of you. You’re such a stunning addition to our poolside. You know, you have such strong shapely legs. I like that; men’s bodies are more than just pecs and butts.”

“Thank you, I try to maintain all my body with a variety of exercises.” Jared replied as he pulled up his shorts to expose more of his legs.

“Those shorts you’re wearing, what are they called.”

“I think the common name is board shorts.”

“That’s it, but do you have speedos? They’re so much sexier.”

“Of course I do, I’m wearing them under these shorts, they’re best for doing laps.”

“Then could you remove the shorts and let me see you in your speedos?”

“It would be my pleasure.”

“Not as much as it will be my pleasure.” Jonathan replied with a wink.

***

By 7.00pm Jared was not home so Thomas checked his phone again to see if there was any message. He called Jared but his call went to voicemail and he left a very terse message.

***

“You know Jared, I think you have changed my taste in men.”

“How is that Mr. P?”

“For many years now I’ve had a preference for skinny boys, I love the smooth skin, flat stomachs, narrow hips and small round bottoms, I can really drill into. Muscles have not really been my thing. That is until now.”

“Why do you think you have changed?”

“Watching you flex those muscles while you work out has given me a new appreciation for the amount of work needed to build bodies like yours. Yes, I now like to look at muscles and I am looking forward to feeling them later.”

“Be my guest Mr. P.”

“No, not now young man, all in good time. A little anticipation enhances the eating of the pudding.”

“As you wish. I heard you originally had this gym set up for yourself.”

“Yes, in my younger days, I thought I needed a good body to attract the right men, but then I found out money works faster.”

“If I may say so Mr. P, that’s a bit cynical.”

“Yes, you may say so, because you’re correct. Sure my money attracted the right men for sex, and believe me I’ve had the best men and the best sex, but...” his voice trailed away.

“Yes, Mr P.”

“I think you know what I mean Jared. All the best sex in the world does not substitute for caring and dare I say love.”

“That’s sad Mr P if you could not find true love.”

“Yes, but it’s taken me half a lifetime to realise that Jared. Don’t make the same mistake young man.”

“What do you mean Sir?”

“This arrangement you have with my wife, you know it won’t last, don’t you. Even if by some remote chance you do fall in love, it can’t be and you will likely both get hurt.”

“I know that Mr. P. I know it’s only a short term thing.”

“And when it ends, will you then look for a woman that you can truly love for the rest of your life?”

“No Sir, that won’t be the case.”

“Oh, do you think you can continue to do this sort of work and find another rich woman in need of your services.”

“No, this is just a one-off for me.”

“I don’t understand young man.”

“When I and Mrs. P part company, I will go back to the man I love, and plan to love for the rest of my life.”

“A man? You mean you’re...”

“Yes, I am bi-sexual, and can enjoy sex equally with either gender.”

“That must be a useful ability to have. I would love that, but alas, it’s another thing money can’t buy unfortunately.”

“Yes, I do feel privileged.”

“I admire you Jared. You have all the attributes a man could want, youth, good looks, commitment to keeping your body in shape, the ability to enjoy sex any way and you’re so honest and open about it.”

“Thank you Mr. P. but...”

“Wait one moment Jared. I want you call me Jonathan, not many people do. I don’t really have many friends and I want you to consider me a friend. Now what were you going to say?”

“I was thanking you for the compliment, but was going to add that I have not been quite so honest with your wife. She does not know that I am bi.”

“Oh, I don’t think that’s dishonesty. She employed you for the qualities she wants and as long as you provide those, you are doing your job honestly.”

“Thank you again, that’s a refreshing way of looking at it. About the friendship thing, I would be honoured to be your friend, Jonathan.”

“Then let’s shake on it.” as they did he added “You know, I’m a bit old fashioned and still believe a man’s handshake is his bond and as good as a contract. Although, I might add my solicitor would not agree with me.” and he laughed, the first time he had laughed that day.

“Well, I’m all done here. This is my second workout today.”

“I thank you for showing me what you do here.”

“Jonathan, I’ve just had a great idea. Since you will be spending more time here now, why don’t I get you back into working out? After all, that is officially my job here, personal trainer.”

“Oh, I think I’m a bit old for that Jared.”

“Nonsense, you’re never too old to keep fit. In fact it’s even more important as you age to keep fit and do some resistant training. Good for keeping the big A at bay as well as maintaining bone density.”

“Ok friend, you’re on. Work out a schedule for me and we’ll do it.”

“Excellent, now would you like to feel my muscles. It might give you something to aim for.”

“It would give me more than that, so I think that’s inappropriate. As tempted as I am, I will value your friendship even more the other. I can buy that.”

“Jonathan, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.”

“Please don’t quote movie lines to me. I hate that.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Never mind, now a few ground rules. I won’t tell Virginia about your special ability and our friendship won’t interfere with your relationship with her or hers with mine. Agreed?”

“Agreed, now how about another of those handshakes?”

“One more thing Jared. You should know that not much gets past my attention and I’m still as sharp as I was that day, many years ago, when that uptight little Belgian from DeBeers’ tried to con me on diamond prices.”

“Have I done something?”

“Oh probably not intentionally, but earlier when we were talking about relationships and love, you said, and I will quote you, ‘I will go back to the man I love’. Would you care to explain?”

“Ah, remember a few moments ago, you said there are few ground rules? Well I’d like to add one before I explain about my relationship.”

“Go ahead.”

“What I am about to tell you should remain just between us.”

“Agreed, that’s what true friends do.”

“Good then. I do have a boyfriend, we met about a year ago but broke up eight months later.”

“And you want to go back to him?”

“We are already back together, have been since Christmas. You are somewhat responsible for us getting back together.”

“I’m happy for you but how did I do that?”

“By inviting us both to your Christmas lunch.”

“Oh, I see where this is going. You mean your boyfriend works for me.”

“Sort of.”

“Wait let me think...is it that hunky gardener we have, I don’t know his name.”

“No, it’s someone you know.”

“Ah, now I know why he left me. I should be angry about this, but I like you both, so I’m happy for you both. Andy really is one of the good guys.”

“No, it’s not Andy, although we are close, he’s my flatmate.”

“Oh, that’s good, so who is this mysterious man of yours.”

“It’s Thomas.”

“Virginia’s PA, as she calls him. He can be a bit full of himself at times, you know that?”

“Oh I do, but I love him, he loves me and we work around that.”

“Well I never, who would have thought. Both her men are having it on together.” He laughed and then in a loud voice added “She’d explode if she knew.”

“Keep your voice down.”

“Don’t tell me what to do in my own home.”

“I mean, Desmond’s just below us, and I don’t know how sound proof this building is.”

“Sorry” Jonathan whispered “I just returned to type. I must watch that, and not treat you as an employee.”

“So you see why I don’t want Mrs. P. to know. She’s very good to me and Thomas thinks she’s just the best employer, so I wouldn’t want to hurt her.”

“I get that, but how did this happen?”

Next chapter - Mrs P explains. - Mr P gets a phone call.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A very thought-provoking chapter @Wombat Bill which has left me in a quandary. Twice I have read Jared's explanation as to why he took the job as Virginia's provider of "intimate services", but I am still somewhat baffled by his explanation. My initial reaction was he was merely stroking his ego which had been damaged by Thomas' "betrayal"; however, his statement that he wanted to be near Thomas and that he "needed a sexual outlet and a distraction from you but I didn’t want another man" is that of a man who is more complex and not as self-assured as he would have you believe. I am still undecided, but am leaning towards forgiving him for his behaviour as he appears to possess a vulnerability he has kept hidden for too long. I look forward to what @chris191070, @ReaderPaul and @NimirRajmay make of his explanation. 

Both Virginia and Jonathan are becoming increasingly introspective. His display of insecurity and self-deprecation in his discussion with Jared revealed a man who is not the totally self-centred, spoilt, arrogant prick he has presented in previous interactions. He may be salvageable yet.

I have one minor complaint though @Wombat Bill. You did not reveal the outcome of Jared's visit to his parents and the examination of his birth certificate. I trust this WILL be revealed in a subsequent chapter or there may be a revolt.  

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Talk about added layers of complexity!  I predict we may find out how much Desmond heard in the future.  Many buildings have spots where sound travels well between certain locations.  It seems likely that Desmond might well have heard most of the conversation of Jared and Mr. P without intending to do so.  However, if he did hear any of it, he was probably "hooked" and deliberately eavesdropped further.

I agree with @Paqman and @Summerabbacat -- Jared has revealed more than he should.  Also, Thomas should not drag Andy into the situation any more than Andy already is into things.  If the increasing spiderweb of events keeps tangling, Thomas and Jared will somehow have to get with Daniel, Brett, Jeremy, and Edward for advice on the situation.  Since Daniel has been in complex relationship issues before, and so has Edward, their perspective might be insightful.  And I would bet some pretty interesting stuff has been confided to Jeremy and/or Brett while the very personal attention is being given to normally private body areas.  Some situations might have relevant parallels.

Are we REALLY sure Mrs. P stayed with Lucy?  Or is Mr. P being ostentatiously obvious about being at the house so he and Mrs. P can spy things out?  

I also suspect trouble brewing between Thomas and Jared again regarding Mr. P's monopoly of Jared's time.  Thomas is too impatient for his own good.
I look forward to finding out what Jared found on his birth certificate, if anything.  

I also look forward to any thoughts @NimirRaj has, as well as hearing from you, @Wombat Bill

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

🤔 I agree with some of the other comments regarding the precarious nature of their conversation. Mr. P can come off as a nice man yet as we’ve seen with Andy he has a dark side so trusting him with such info could be disastrous. Jared losing track of time with Mr P as well as Thomas knowing Mr. P’s interest in men may lead to Thomas feeling suspicious & jealous. That will likely only increase with time now that we’ve been given the impression Jared is going to be spending a lot of time with Mr. P, which even if Thomas doesn’t get jealous of the remote possibility of sex happening between them Jared’s attention being divided between Mrs. P & Mr. P will likely result in little time for Thomas. I mean when is he going to have free time? As far as Mr. P saying that Mrs. P would explode if she knew about Jared & Thomas....why? I honestly don’t think she’d mind “except” maybe because she seems to see Thomas as a son she might not like the idea of being in a relationship with Jared for concern of hurting Thomas so she might end things yet I doubt she’d “explode”.

🤔 @Summerabbacat I’m not sure what to think of Jared’s explanation as at times it seemed all over the map. I think in a way it’s tied to his pain fetish in a psychological sort of way yet was also just revenge as he sorta admits to in the end. He did want to get back at Thomas while he also seemed to have a big need to prove himself. For some reason he seems, despite his bisexuality and apparent skills in bed, to have seen acquiring his “job” for Mrs. P as a challenge which I sorta link to his pain fetish as he has a desire to overcome things. In a way it makes him seem vulnerable as if he feels he has to prove something in order to validate himself or in other words perhaps indicates low self esteem despite his personality not expressing that in the least. I also understand sorta his comment about not wanting to be with men as to partially why he took the job as he still had feelings for Thomas and was upset over what happened so since he’s bisexual he can easily avoid some of the reminders by switching things up so to speak. Who wouldn’t want to be paid for doing what they enjoy doing? Doesn’t hurt that he could get back at Thomas to some degree by potentially making him jealous while also keeping him close by. A very tangled web of emotions and drama. I know Thomas loves Mrs. P like family but the easiest as well as likely best solution is just for both of them to quit. It’s not like Mrs. P is in love with Jared and surely Thomas could get another job. The “family dynamics” are just way too complicated for anyone to be truly happy with how things are.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Like 1
  • Wow 3
Link to comment

@chris191070 -  Mrs P stays on the Gold Coast. Mr P returns and gets friendly with Jared. - Chris, you have a unique knack of distilling over 3800 words into one sentence.

 

 @Summerabbacat - He may be salvageable yet.-  Yes, people are not always as they first seem. Some famous writer, also named Bill, once said “All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players.”

 I trust this WILL be revealed in a subsequent chapter or there may be a revolt - Is the CAPITALISATION of the word will indicate another threat? Here’s another quote for you - 'all good things come to those who) wait'

 

@Paqman - I feel Jared has revealed too much to Mr. P. Business men are used to keeping secrets. Oh wait, I just remembered why. So they can use them later?

 

@ReaderPaul -  I predict we may find out how much Desmond heard in the future. You will, in the next chapter.

 If the increasing spiderweb of events keeps tangling, Thomas and Jared will somehow have to get with Daniel, Brett, Jeremy, and Edward for advice on the situation. Yes, I hear you loud and clear Paul. You want your favourites back.

Are we REALLY sure Mrs. P stayed with Lucy?  Or is Mr. P being ostentatiously obvious about being at the house so he and Mrs. P can spy things out? - You remind me of a famous biblical character also named Thomas.

 

@NimirRaj - Jared losing track of time with Mr P as well as Thomas knowing Mr. P’s interest in men may lead to Thomas feeling suspicious & jealous. - Would we expect any less from Thomas?

In a way it makes him seem vulnerable as if he feels he has to prove something in order to validate himself. - Brilliant observation!

The “family dynamics” are just way too complicated for anyone to be truly happy with how things are. In the next chapter Mr P sums this up. Watch for his use of the word ‘soapy’

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

@Wombat Bill more bloody research necessary; you are determined to broaden my education and make me appreciate the "cultured" things in life. It is a waste of time though; you will never succeed in making me appreciate classical music, opera or Waiting For Godot; and, I will always adore Kylie, Madonna and Bananarama, and loathe The Beatles, John Lennon and Bob fucking Dylan.

Another famous writer you said named Bill. I had no idea; the only Bill's I could think of were yourself, Shorten and Clinton. I researched and found it was him. I was not fond of The Bard when I was at school (I can only vaguely remember studying Henry IV and Julius Caesar), and was only aware that he wrote a play called As You Like It. I knew nothing of its plot and this famous quote. In school I was far more interested in masterpieces like Wuthering Heights (my all-time favourite novel), Sons & Lovers (I hated Mrs Morel with a passion), Emma (still my favourite Austen novel) and The Great Gatsby

We your readers have to threaten you to ensure you understand how essential your work is to maintain our existence. Our very sanity depends on a daily dose of CWB (bold type and italics necessary), and the tying up of all loose ends. Patience is a quality that I possess little of. I have always maintained that if patience is a virtue, then vice is its only reward. I have not been rewarded with enough vice, thus don't waste my time with patience.

You certainly provoked much discussion with this chapter. You have kept us engaged for 34 chapters in this second book, no mean feat I would suggest.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Yeah well, I hated the Bard and used to pose the following question "Why do we use the big S to teach us English, when it's totally unintelligible English. 

Oh yeah, I once went to see 'Godot' live and at the end, the only thing I could say to me accompanying friend was "WHY"

Now another beef about our friends. I sat down this morning to write a serious argument between two characters who had a problem. Easy you would think. Well they hijacked me again. It turned out to be so funny (in my mind only perhaps) that I was laughing out loud. Don't think I'll ever get the knack of this writing thing.

Edited by Wombat Bill
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

If you don't have the knack of this writing thing, then please don't acquire it. Do not taint your talent to suit an expert's direction. You make very few spelling and grammatical errors, so proceed as is.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..