Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 1,756 Words
  • 1,050 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains graphic sexual scenes.

Catering with Benefits (2) - Second Course - 21. Is there more than one Juanito?

p style="text-align:center;"> b310cc72591499475de3a17daa1f0b57.jpg 

When they arrived home, Craig rang Edward and they agreed to put their differences aside for the moment, after Edward apologised and said he was arranging a dinner to formalise the apology.

Craig said “What’s this about wanting work for a friend?”

“He’s more than a friend really, he’s family.”

“I didn’t know you had family, other than your mother.”

“He’s Romel’s cousin, so he’s family to me.”

“See Edward you can be nice when you try.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment for now. If I think anymore about it, I might not see it as such.”

“Did you say cousin?”

“Yes, now don’t get your knickers in a knot when I tell you this. He’s the cousin I referred to when I....” Edward felt it unnecessary to explain further.

“You mean the one you accused of working the wall?”

“Yes.”

“So, is it true?”

“It is, and that’s why I’m trying to find him some alternative work.”

“Well, in that case I will help any way I can. He must be desperate if he’s prepared to sell his body for money.”

“Thank you Craig, this means a lot to me and to Romel.”

“Give him my number and ask him to call me so we can arrange to meet him.”

While Craig was talking to Edward, Justin called Andy again to get more information about the new boyfriend.

“I forgot to ask your new boyfriend’s name.”

“His name’s Juanito, but he’s not my boyfriend, just someone I like.”

“Ok, I get it, you’re playing it cool, good tactic.”

Shortly after he hung up he received a text from Andy, with Juanito’s number and called immediately.

“Hello, who’s calling.” Juanito asked.

“My name’s Justin, you don’t know me but a mutual friend Andy, said you were looking for waiting work.”

“Not really, I wonder what gave Andy that impression. Hey, did you say your name is Justin?”

“Yes.”

“Are you a friend of Romel?”

“Yes, you know him too. He works with my partner Craig.”

“Romel’s my cousin and I served you all at Fair Day.”

“Ah, I remember now, Romel did introduce us. That’s a coincidence.”

“Maybe not such a coincidence, Romel called me also about doing waiting work and gave me a number, but I haven’t called yet.”

“That’s not a problem if you’ve got another offer.”

“I haven’t called because I’m not looking for that type of work and I’ve no idea why Andy would tell you that also. I don’t need people trying to organise my life for me.”

“Sorry mate, I just thought I was doing you a favour, but if that’s how you feel, no problem. Let’s forget it.”

“Ok, I didn’t mean to go off at you, but it seems people are making arrangements behind by back. Can you just hold the line a minute? I will come back to you.”

“No problem.”

Juanito put Justin on hold and called the number given to him by Romel.

“Hello, Catering with Benefits, this is Craig.”

“Good day Craig, this is Juanito, Romel’s cousin, he said I should call you about some work.”

“Oh good to hear from you Juanito, can you hold for a minute.”

Craig walked towards Justin and said “I’ve got Juanito on the line, he’s the one Edward recommended as a waiter.”

“No, I’ve got Juanito on the line.” replied Justin

“Is there more than one Juanito?”

“I’m talking to the one that’s Romel’s cousin, but I’m on hold.”

Craig returned to his call “Juanito, were you just talking to my partner Justin?”

“Yes, I’ve got him on hold.”

“Why are you calling both of us?”

“I’m not sure really.”

“Is it about working for us?”

“Sort of, but I don’t really want that sort of work.”

“Ok, but Edward thought you did.”

“Why are you all trying to organise my life for me. I can look after myself, but thanks anyway for trying to help.”

Juanito said goodbye to Craig and hung up. He then went back to Justin and did the same.

Both men put down their phones and looked at each other. Justin shook his head in confusion and Craig said “What was that all about?”

“Buggered if I know, but I don’t want to get in the middle of some family disagreement.”

“Right....but why would both Edward and Andy recommend him for work, if he doesn’t want work?”

“Sounds like there’s been some crossed lines. Maybe I better call Edward and explain what happened.”

“And I should do the same for Andy.”

***

After speaking to Justin, Andy decided to drop the whole idea of finding work for Juanito and thought he might also forget about asking him on a date.

Edward, on the other hand, was not happy with what he was told by Craig and was determined to sort it out with Romel.

***

Juanito was invited, almost summoned, to his cousin’s to discuss their plans for him. He reluctantly accepted and met Romel at the hospital for a ride to their home.

“Juanito, I know you are upset by the way things turned out last week, regarding us trying to get you alternative work.”

“You bet I’m pissed off. How dare you do that without asking me first?”

“I did ask you when I gave you Craig’s number and left it up to you to call him.”

“No, cousin, you didn’t ask, you virtually told me what to do.”

“I’m sorry if it sounded like that, it’s just that Edward and I worry about you and your work. We want something better for you and expected you would also. Do you really want to continue selling yourself on the street?”

“It’s my choice, not yours.”

“That’s my point, is it really a choice Juanito?”

“For now that’s my choice, and why did you involve Andy in this plan of yours?”

“What’s Andy got to do with it?”

“He did the same as you and had those guys call me to offer waiting work.”

“I don’t know anything about that. You two have only met once, haven’t you? Why Andy would take so much interest in you, I don’t know.”

 

Upon arrival greetings were cordial, Edward had drinks ready and the smell of curry hung in the air. “Something smells good Edward.”

“Thanks Juanito, I hope you like Massaman. I got the recipe from a Thai work colleague, but I’ve adjusted the cooking method to slow cook, so the meat will absolutely melt in your mouth.”

When they sat down with drinks, Romel reminded Edward about Juanito’s annoyance at the way things turned out. Edward apologised and explained they only had Juanito’s best interest in mind. When he asked about Andy’s role, Edward said “I didn’t know about that. Are you two close?”

“No, I’ve only met him once when we came here for dinner and he drove me to work.”

“To work?” asked Edward.

“Yes, I asked him to drop me at the wall.”

“Ah ha, mother, now understands.”

“Understand what?” asked Romel.

“When you two left here, it was not Andy’s intention to drive you to work. He planned to drive you home and, shall we say, let nature take its course.”

“You mean Andy’s interested in me, other than as a friend?”

“Exactly, did you miss all the signals?”

“I must have, sometimes I get distracted by the need to work and earn enough to survive.”

“We understand that.” said Romel “That’s why we want to help. Not just by finding you alternative work but in other ways. It was Edward’s idea, so I’ll let him explain.”

 

Edward served the meal and then explained to Juanito, their offer about paying for his study.

“That’s very generous Edward, but why do you want to do that for me?”

“Because you’re family, and this bitchy old childless queen sees you younger ones as the sons I never had.” then it was Edward’s turn to sniffle. “Mmm, curry always gives me a runny nose.” he said as he reached for his napkin.

“Don’t think me ungrateful, but I’ll have to think about it and see if I can fit it into my work schedule.”

“That’s fine.” Edward replied “But it does come with two conditions and an additional offer.”

Before Edward could explain Romel interrupted “Juanito, I know what Edward is going to say and I agree with him, so I want you to listen and think carefully about what he says. Ok?”

“Fine, I’ll give it consideration.”

“Good” replied Edward “Now you two clear the dishes, while I open another bottle, then mother will explain.”

 

Edward returned with a new bottle and a cheese platter, which he placed on the coffee table and they all sat in the lounge.

“Juanito, I want to assure you that your cousin and I have you best interests at heart: that is why we want to help.”

“I accept that Edward.”

“Good man. Now condition one is, you must make the time to attend diligently to your studies, both at college and at home. Is that clear?”

“Yes.”

“Secondly we want you to stop being a sex worker, and take up Craig’s offer.”

“But I won’t earn as much as I do now.”

“We can’t be sure how much work you will get, that’s true. But Craig has agreed to give you as much as he can if you work hard.”

“All right but it still is a bit of an unknown quantity and I’ll have rent and living expenses to pay.”

“That is why we have another offer for you. Romel, do you want to continue?”

“Sure... Juanito, we want you to come and live with us. We have plenty of room here plus there’s the pool and gym equipment for you to use. What do you say?”

“I would not want to live here for free. I want to pay rent.”

“We agree, but the rent will be in accordance with the amount of work you get and therefore what you can afford to pay.”

Edward looked questioningly at Juanito. When he failed to answer, Edward tilted his head sideways and asked “Well?”

“I just can’t believe that you want to do all this for me. I’m still a bit shocked by it all.”

“So?” asked Romel

“I will accept your conditions and the offer. You have both made me very happy.”

“You have made us happy, by accepting.” Edward replied.

“Can I toast you two sincerely; to my best cousin and my new cousin.”

Next chapter - Freeballing with Gran.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think Romel and Edward handled a delicate situation rather well. The request to Juanito that he retire from sex work could so easily have been seen by him as judgmental i.e. a request motivated by a belief that sex work as a profession was immoral and/or degrading. The motivation, as explained to Juanito, was to allow him to devote time to his studies which he had forfeited due to his inability to pay for same; and, to take on less demanding work such as working for Craig and Justin.

A rather short chapter @Wombat Bill with no new characters introduced. Another glimpse at the many faces of Edward, this time the maternal/paternal Edward, which had previously been hinted at, became reality. 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Awesome chapter. We see another side of Edward where he comes across as a parental figure rather than an old bitchy Queen. It's great seeing Rome and Edward helping Juanito out.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

A very sweet chapter and as for the upcoming chapter’s title...is Gran going to show up at Craig & Justin’s next catering event?! Otherwise I don’t know what that title could be referring to...unless Gran has some interesting hobbies Craig doesn’t know about. 👀 😂 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..