Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 3,358 Words
  • 882 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains graphic sexual scenes.

Catering with Benefits (2) - Second Course - 31. A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY

p style="text-align:center;"> 4c6d759aed07c83282b080b80c046c3d.jpg 

When Jeremy and Brett went into work the next day there was an icy atmosphere in the salon, so they kept to their private room and kept clear of Rani. As closing time was approaching, Rani finally spoke to Jeremy, only to say “I want you and Brett, to stay behind after closing time for a short meeting.”

“No problem Rani, we owe you some time after letting us take time off yesterday.”

When Jeremy told Brett he asked “What’s the meeting for?”

“She didn’t say, but it’s just us.”

“So if the rest of the staff aren’t involved then it’s not just about general business or new products. Did she seem still pissed off over yesterday?”

“Couldn’t tell really, she was just businesslike, as usual.”

“Maybe it’s some news we missed out on yesterday.”

“That’s probably it.”

***

“I called this meeting, because we need to talk about your behaviour yesterday Brett. It was totally unacceptable and I will not tolerate it.”

“But...” Brett interrupted

“Quiet Brett, just listen to me please. I have thought about it overnight and also discussed it with Sandra and between us we have decided that your services here are no longer required Brett.” Then directing her attention to Jeremy, she smiled and said “ Jeremy, although you were involved we are satisfied that you were lead by Brett, so you may stay. Do either of you wish to say anything.”

“Yes, I would.” replied Brett “Fuck you Rani. I won’t fight this, although I could, because I don’t really enjoy working for such an uptight bitch as you.”

“I’m sorry you feel that way Brett, so perhaps it is a good thing that this has come to a conclusion. If you’re not happy here then it is best for all that you leave.” Then looking at Jeremy she added “I know this will mean an increased work load for you Jeremy, until we find a replacement for Brett, but I’ll help you as much as I can.”

“Oh your help won’t be necessary Rani.”

“Are you sure you can manage on your own?”

“The question really is, are you sure you can manage on your own?”

“I don’t understand.”

“It’s simple, if Brett goes, so do I.”

“That’s not what I want Jeremy.”

“Well it’s what you’re are going to get and I’m not sure how Brett feels, but I’d like to leave immediately. I don’t think I could work out a notice period under the circumstances.”

Brett had remained silent, as he was stunned at Jeremy’s support for him.

“Well Brett, is that how you feel?” asked Rani. “You do have bookings for the rest of the week.” He did not answer Rani but looked at Jeremy through misty eyes and said “Jez, that’s the most beautiful thing anyone has ever done for me.”

***

Later that evening over drinks at Jeremy’s place Brett asked “So what are we going to do now, line up at Centrelink tomorrow?”

“No, not at all, but before I get onto business there’s something I want to ask you Brett.”

“Yes, what’s that?” has asked nervously.

“Brett, will you move back in with me?”

“So we can both save rent?”

“Well that will be a fringe benefit, but my real reason is because I just realised I still love you Brett. I don’t think I ever stopped. I don’t know why we really ever broke up.”

Brett sat silently and started to weep for the second time in one day. He wiped his eyes on his sleeve, swallowed twice and finally managed to utter “Jez, I feel exactly the same. You know that bitch just did us a really good turn.” The two boys hugged, kissed and toasted each other. Then Jeremy said “You want to hear my business plan?”

“You’ve got a business plan?”

“Of course and it involves you.”

“I’m excited.”

“We are going to start our own business Brett.”

“We couldn’t do that; we’d need thousands of dollars to set up a salon of our own. Did you hear Sandra talking to Rani a few months ago about what it cost her?”

“We don’t need a shopfront salon. Firstly, I’ve got that spare room at the front, if you finally move out all that stuff you left here. Secondly, unlike hairdressing, we don’t need a lot of expensive equipment for a waxing and shaving studio. Thirdly, you’ve got your final exams this month and then you’ll be fully qualified to work alone if necessary.”

“Bugger me, you’re right. Then I can hang my diploma right next to yours. Hey can I add a fourthly to your list?”

“Go ahead.”

“We can also run a mobile service at client’s homes; one of us here and one on the road. That is if I can use your car when it’s my turn.”

“I’ll get a set of keys for you tomorrow and you can add them to this.” he said as he handed Brett a house key.

“Jez, I can’t believe how so much can happen in one day. I lose my job, you quit yours, I get you back and we start our own business. How much more can I take?”

“Glad you mentioned that. I was wondering if you could take me?”

“Now or later?”

“Both?”

***

In mid-December Cynthia contacted the boys to arrange a meeting to plan her next fund raiser.

“Now when and where do you want to meet?” asked Craig.

“Well, it has to be soon as we want to have our next event on Australia Day. Can you come to my place, say next Monday at 10.00am?”

Craig already had their diary open. “Yes Cynthia that will be great.”

“Oh and one more thing, it will be a pool party at my home.”

“Great, Justin and I will see you then, Bye.”

Craig put together some menu ideas then gave them to Justin to add his contribution. They based their plan on a ‘by the pool arrangement’ with Australia Day as the theme. They knew the layout of the property so that helped in their planning. Craig had gone for a very Australian menu that included many Aussie favourites. Justin took the menu and added his spin regarding the serving methods. As the party was expected to be for about 70 people he wanted extra help with serving. He told Craig, “I don’t want just extra serving staff in black & whites, as we usually do, and me the only feature. I want boys who are not just good waiters but also with great bodies. It’s going to be an outdoor event so lots of bare flesh for the ladies to ogle will be required.”

“As you say master, but where are you going to get these men?”

“Leave it to me. I will search my gym and also the dance classes as SDC. I want guys who not only look good but can move well. Some of the bachelors we used before might be glad to have a properly paid job.”

“You have become quite the director of talent my man.”

“If you say so.”

By the time they got to the meeting with Cynthia they pretty much had the food and serving worked out. They assumed Cynthia would have other people to arrange the rest. This assumption was correct. Cynthia told them, “You guys are the food and serving experts, so I leave it up to you. We have people to supply liquor, music, furniture and decoration etc. Just let me know if there is anything special you need me to supply.”

“Thanks, but I’m sure we are fine with that.” said Craig.

Then Justin added “Can we have access to the pool house?”

“That should be fine. Although we are having the party around the pool, it’s not actually a pool party. I don’t expect these guests to be skinny dipping and hopefully they won’t get so drunk they’ll jump into the pool in all their Dinegans and Hugo Boss or run the risk of losing their Rolexes and Price jewellery at the bottom of the pool. So, yes Justin it’s all yours for the day.”

“Thanks Cynthia.”

“I’ve looked over the menu you sent me and that is all great. I know I usually let you surprise me with the serving methods and you have never disappointed. But we are moving into new territory here so you will need to tell me all the details especially what you intend to do Justin. These parties will be for rich people but some will have less liberal ideas than us girls that you usually entertain.”

“I understand that and have come up with some new ideas but more moderate than in the past.”

“Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want boring. I want exciting and innovative but tasteful.”

“I think that’s exactly what we have for you.”

“OK, I’ll open a bottle and you can tell all.”

***

On the way home the boys discussed the meeting with Cynthia. “I think she was pleased.” said Craig.

“Yes both with the menu and the serving.”

“I am pleased that she said it was the right mix of exciting but acceptable for the older less liberal donors. Also the way we will present it means they don’t have to participate if they choose not to. There will be alternatives.”

“...and I’ve got another idea. Even more brilliant and daring.”

“Oh, now I’m really worried. Let’s leave it until I’m not driving.”

“OK Boss.”

As soon as they arrived home, Craig started placing orders for Cynthia’s Australia day party as he needed to be sure he could get most of the non-perishable items before Christmas and to ensure the fresh food would be available for end of January as many suppliers close after Christmas for part of January. He spent the next few days planning and ordering while Justin got on with recruiting extra waiters, a few props he needed and costumes.

Justin recruited his waiters from the current list he had on the books plus a few from his gym and the dance school.

Craig had forgotten that Justin had another idea for Cynthia and had not asked him when they got home. Instead Justin decided to go ahead and try it first to see if it worked. He visited a hobby shop to purchase a bottle of liquid latex mould maker. As this product sets very quickly, a mould can be made by dipping or painting any object with this product. He made the prototype himself and sent it to Cynthia with some suggestions and waited for her feedback. About a week later she called him, “I like the idea Justin but how would you put it into production?”

“I was thinking maybe we make just a small quantity between now and the Australia day party and you can use them as giveaways or raffle prizes.”

“Well, that’s where I have a bit of a problem. As I said it’s a great idea and I think they may be popular with women, but at a mixed event the men might be a bit put off and the women too embarrassed to show interest in front of their husbands.”

“So you think they might be popular at women only events?”

“I am sure they would be. They would certainly get a laugh at girls’ night out or hens’ parties.”

“OK I see what you mean, and thanks for the feedback. I appreciate that.”

“You’re welcome Justin, I always like to hear your innovative ideas.”

“So if I get a small quantity made we can keep them for the next girls’ only event and test run it then. If they are well received then we look for a company to produce them on a larger scale.”

“That sounds good to me. Will Craig be able make them in his kitchen?”

“I’ve not told him yet, you know how he is about some of my ideas. I wanted to run it by you first and have your support before asking Craig.”

“Well you have my support. In the meantime I will show a few of the girls and you had better get Craig on side, because there is a special process for moulding chocolate.” She went on to explain.

“OK Cynthia, I’ll do that. Thanks for your support and wish me luck with Craig.”

***

Justin decided that instead of showing Craig the finished product he would demonstrate the entire process from start to finish. So, on a quiet evening after they finished dinner he asked Craig for his full attention so he could show him his new idea. “Is this the other idea you had on the day we were driving home from the meeting with Cynthia?”

“Yes it is. Now sit quietly and I will explain as I go along.” Justin gathered his materials from the store room and returned to the kitchen. He stripped off and put on a cock ring. He had previously shaved to help the process.

“How about a bit of help here?” he asked Craig.

“I am not sure where this is going but I’ll play along for now.” said Craig as he helped Justin get it up. Then Justin opened the container of liquid latex and dipped his cock deep into the jar. He pulled it out and painted a little more on the top of the shaft and around his balls, to complete the mould. It only took about thirty seconds for the latex to set.

“So now you have a painted cock,” scoffed Craig, “What do you do now?”

“Just wait a minute longer to ensure it’s fully set.”

“Justin you sometimes take me down tracks that I never thought I would go, but I follow you blindly anyway, and here we go again.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment and a sign of your trust.”

Justin then started to peel the mould down his shaft until it popped off completely and was inside out.

“Well bugger me,” said a surprised Craig, “That is an amazing copy, showing every vein and bulge, but what do you intend to do with it?”

“Well that’s where you come in.” said Justin as he reversed the mould.

“I’m not going to dip my dick in that stuff.”

“I don’t mean that. You’re the cook, I’m just the body.”

“Yes?”

“Well I want you to fill the mould with chocolate, you have to do something special with it don’t you?”

“Yes, it’s called tempering.”

“Can you do it?”

“I don’t see why not, but why?”

“Well, Cynthia wants them for her next girls only party.”

“How do you know she wants them?”

“I made one myself, by just melting chocolate buds in the microwave and sent it to her. But she said something about that tempering thing.”

“...and what is she intending to do with these...er...items.”

“Well for the first party she will give them away as a test run.”

“...and then what if this test run, as you call it, is successful?”

“Then we go into production on a larger scale.”

“You want me to set up a dick moulding kitchen do you?”

“If you want to.”

“Well I could make a small number initially, but if you want to go into production there are small chocolate manufacturers who can make customised items like this far more cost effectively than we could as they have the specialised equipment.”

“So do you think it’s a goer?”

“Could be, but I’ll be guided by Cynthia. But can’t you already buy this sort of stuff at sex shops?

“Yes, but here is our gimmick. I will hand them out or sell them as the case may be along with a personally signed certificate of authenticity.”

“So every rich randy woman in Sydney could have an exact replica of your dick to lick or suck on.”

“Doesn’t bother me.”

“OK I’ll give it a go.”

“Thanks, I love that you trust my ideas, even when you don’t seem to really believe in them.”

“Well you haven’t failed yet.”

“Thank you.”

“Now are you going to wash that dick of yours before you stick it in me?”

“I think you should do that for me.”

“OK, get that arse of yours into the shower.”

***

Over lunch the next day Craig told Justin, “I forgot to tell you I got the details about the Mardi Gras function.”

“Wow! That’s great. But how did we get involved, if it’ such a closed shop?”

“The organisers, Charles and Max are friends of Edward’s. He knows them from the radio station and he recommended us.”

“So, what are we doing?”

“It’s a new event, so maybe that’s why we got a look in. It’s being run by a long running gay community group called Mature Age Gays, also known as MAG. This is a group of older men who arrange many events throughout the year especially aimed at older men as most venues target younger clients.”

“Doesn’t sound like our sort of thing.”

“That’s just the point they are trying to make. Yes, they are a group of older men but they want to share their experiences with younger men. In fact the promotion for the function will be aimed at the younger generation to try and bridge the gap.”

“I still don’t get it. Am I thick or something?”

“No, it took me a bit to get my head around it at first, but Max and Charles, sent me some info and now I fully get what they are trying to do.”

“So enlighten me.”

“It will be called Cocktales and the format runs like this. Older members of the gay community will be asked to relate a story from their past or read something they have written in the past. It can be a true story, fiction, poetry even letters they have exchanged. I am told some older guys have kept these things. Communication media was more permanent then.”

“I like the sound of that and the name, ‘Cocktales’ is just perfect. So what will we be doing exactly?”

“Food of course and you showing off your body of course.”

“Of course, hey it might be fun to give some of those older guys a bit of a thrill.”

“...and because it’s a closed, gay only event there are almost no limits for you.”

“When we get some ideas together, should we talk to that organising couple you mentioned?”

“That’s a good idea.”

“You know, we have been so involved with entertaining women that we have completely ignored a whole community. Our own community.” said Justin.

“That’s why I so much wanted this event. It could open up a whole new area of business for us.”

“You’ve got me really excited about this now. In fact it sounds fuckin’ fabulous.”

“...and I’ll bet those older guys have some great stories to tell. You know gay sex was actually illegal. Can you imagine how awful that must have been?”

“Those poor old guys, I really want to hear their stories now.”

“The organisers will try to get some of the stories or writings for us before the event, so they might give us some ideas.”

“I can’t wait to read them. Do you think we can do this as well as Cynthia’s Australia Day party?”

“If we just concentrate on the two events and we take no other bookings between now and Mardi Gras that should give us enough time to plan and shop and book talent. If we can get all our suppliers to co-operate and get enough staff I think we can pull it off.”

“Oh I’ll work my butt off to get it done.”

“Not literally I hope.”

“... and we can introduce our choc-dicks to the gay community during Mardi Gras. In fact I’ve already got a great idea.”

“I should have guessed you would. So, how about you show me the real thing right now.”

Without replying Justin removed his shirt dropped his shorts and said “It’s all yours master, do as you will”.

Next chapter - More coupling.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. The guys seem to  be getting plenty of business. I love the idea of the chocolate penis, it will be great at women and gay gathering. Something for them to lick, nibble and suck on.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Justin has some of the most interesting ideas.  I look forward to seeing how this goes.  

I also look forward to Brett and Jeremy having a great success with their new business.  

@Wombat Bill -- well done!  What could come eventually -- something like Virginia Price showing up at one of Cynthia's events?  Mr. P being daring enough to show up at one of the gay events?  Daniel getting his pubes waxed?  Gran enlisted to bake some stuff for the guys when one of their suppliers has a fire?  The Australian wildfires being worked into some stories, even indirectly when you get that far in time timeline?  Brett being an accidental hero and saving the lives of Rani and Sandra?  Edward as part of the entertainment at some of the gay events, telling drag queen stories?  (By the way, if you wish to use any of these ideas in any of your stories, you are free to do so.)

I can hardly wait to see @Summerabbacat respond to this chapter.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Why thank you @ReaderPaul. Your comments were posted whilst I was preparing mine and I did not read them until I had posted mine. I am now editing my comments accordingly. I invariably take a long time to write my comments as I edit, spellcheck, delete and rewrite until I am satisfied. I think my comments on this occasion are quite tame compared to the usual nonsense I write.

I do like some of your plot suggestions for our beloved author. I particularly like the idea of incorporating the bushfires of late 2019/early 2020 into the story in future. They were truly horrendous, with a catastrophic loss of animal life. If @Wombat Bill is to incorporate into the story, it would have to be with great care as I don't think it is something that could be used for the sake of humour, which is one of our author's greatest writing gifts. 

Outstanding chapter @Wombat Bill. I think Rani handled the situation with Jeremy and Brett very poorly, however, it worked to their advantage. The mobile service for beauty treatments is a superb idea; I am sure it will be a winner. I have a home visit vet for my brood and she is rewarded with an enormous amount of business for this service (and not just from me).

'Cocktales' sounds like it will not only be a fun-filled event, but could help bridge a gap that is, and always has been, very wide in the gay community. I was certainly guilty of ageism when I was in my 20's and early 30's, but now in my late 50's realise the youth-obsession that many gay men have is not only very unhealthy, it can also deprive them of many potentially wonderful experiences with older gay men (and not all of them sexual). The event could be educational for all those who attend. 

I am also very glad to see Max and Charles make another appearance. I am guessing that 'Cocktales' will be the event where the two become closer to Craig and Justin and form a friendship, a friendship which led to their eventual wedding as so beautifully portrayed in Max and Charles, my first exposure to the enjoyment to be gained from your writing talents @Wombat Bill

 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

@ReaderPaul - Gran enlisted to bake some stuff for the guys. Not chocolate tempering I hope.

What could come eventually . One of your suggestions was already in the plan for part 3. Some others may appear after I consult with our characters.

Daniel getting his pubes waxed? - Now there’s someone who hasn’t be seen for a long time.

@Summerabbacat - guilty of ageism. - Yes, I am in the way I write of youthful beauty. Oh well, that's my prerogative as a writer. 

the bushfires of late 2019/early 2020 into the story in futureI dread getting to this time period, not because of the fires, although we did evacuate three times, but I don’t want to write in 2020 for obvious reasons. The story is currently in late 2017 and will soon kick over into 2018. Either 2018/19 will have to be long years OR the story becomes timeless as in undated.

@chris191070 - I think Gran would love a chocolate penis, just think how excited she would get. - Chris you are so naughty sometimes, you need a good spanking, but then again, you'd probably enjoy that. 

@NimirRaj - Where are you?

 

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Wombat Bill said:

 

@Summerabbacat - guilty of ageism. - Yes, I am in the way I write of youthful beauty. Oh well, that's my prerogative as a writer. 

the bushfires of late 2019/early 2020 into the story in futureI dread getting to this time period, not because of the fires, although we did evacuate three times, but I don’t want to write in 2020 for obvious reasons. The story is currently in late 2017 and will soon kick over into 2018. Either 2018/19 will have to be long years OR the story becomes timeless as in undated.

 

 

 

 

@Wombat Bill Perhaps Justin and Craig, with assistance from Cynthia and her team and/or Virginia Price, could hold a major charity event to fund raise for Fire Rescue NSW and the NSW Rural Fire Service for essential equipment and anything else needed, given our useless fucking Federal Government were apparently unable to afford to assist. Of course, they were far too busy donating taxpayer dollars to the likes of Hillsong Church if the latest reports are to be believed (and excuse me for the terrible and in this case tasteless pun, but where there is smoke there is usually fire).

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 2
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Wombat Bill said:

@ReaderPaul - Gran enlisted to bake some stuff for the guys. Not chocolate tempering I hope.

What could come eventually . One of your suggestions was already in the plan for part 3. Some others may appear after I consult with our characters.

Daniel getting his pubes waxed? - Now there’s someone who hasn’t be seen for a long time.

@Summerabbacat - guilty of ageism. - Yes, I am in the way I write of youthful beauty. Oh well, that's my prerogative as a writer. 

the bushfires of late 2019/early 2020 into the story in futureI dread getting to this time period, not because of the fires, although we did evacuate three times, but I don’t want to write in 2020 for obvious reasons. The story is currently in late 2017 and will soon kick over into 2018. Either 2018/19 will have to be long years OR the story becomes timeless as in undated.

@chris191070 - I think Gran would love a chocolate penis, just think how excited she would get. - Chris you are so naughty sometimes, you need a good spanking, but then again, you'd probably enjoy that. 

@NimirRaj - Where are you?

 

 

 

😂 Oops sorry I was just too busy wondering about if I could order one of Justin’s treats. ☺️ Does Craig offer shipping?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Wombat Bill said:

@ReaderPaul - Gran enlisted to bake some stuff for the guys. Not chocolate tempering I hope.

What could come eventually . One of your suggestions was already in the plan for part 3. Some others may appear after I consult with our characters.

Daniel getting his pubes waxed? - Now there’s someone who hasn’t be seen for a long time.

@Summerabbacat - guilty of ageism. - Yes, I am in the way I write of youthful beauty.  Oh well, that's my prerogative as a writer. 

the bushfires of late 2019/early 2020 into the story in futureI dread getting to this time period, not because of the fires, although we did evacuate three times, but I don’t want to write in 2020 for obvious reasons. The story is currently in late 2017 and will soon kick over into 2018. Either 2018/19 will have to be long years OR the story becomes timeless as in undated.

@chris191070 - I think Gran would love a chocolate penis, just think how excited she would get. - Chris you are so naughty sometimes, you need a good spanking, but then again, you'd probably enjoy that. 

With regard to Gran baking -- do Craig and Justin serve pies, cakes, or cookies (I know in the UK they are called biscuits; not sure what they are called in Australia) at any of the parties they cater?  That is what I was thinking about Gran baking, or possibly some fancy bread items they have not served previously, as a test.  Perhaps 

Daniel might want to surprise his significant other by waxing.

@Wombat Bill, I don't think @Summerabbacat needs to worry.  You have had dramatic moments before, and handled them well.  So far you have done well at suspense, humor, hint of mystery, dramatic events, and the necessary day-to-day items as well.

The wildfires of 2019-2020 would provide a different angle of drama, as interruptions to business, evacuations, makeshift accommodations, worry about friends who are or were visiting relatives, cell phone tower disruptions, sometimes electrical interruptions, and Craig having to do emergency medical work all take place.

Covid -- now that is another proverbial kettle of fish.  You could always use the science fiction explanation that an alternate universe was created when Wuhan, China, was hit by a flaming asteroid, and things around for twenty miles was demolished and fried with fires resulting.  The resulting earthquakes change things in China greatly.  (I know, I know, that is reaching a bit.)

@chris191070 -- Maybe Gran knows how to come up with a butterscotch or white chocolate penis!!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

@NimirRaj  -  ☺️ Does Craig offer shipping? - OMG I forgot to put them on-line, alas summertime deliveries may leave them looking a bit flaccid. OR -  Brett will probably sell them in his new salon. I wonder if Rani would be interested in offering them to her favourite clients, as a special ‘Daniel’ edition that you have to release from a cock cage.

@ReaderPaul Daniel might want to surprise his significant other by waxing. And he can get it done at the opposition salon.

Cookies - Biscuits in Aust. Gran might like to make Spotted Dick - @chris191070 - may be able to explain.

The wildfires of 2019-2020 would provide a different angle of drama - So you want “Catering with Benefits - Burnt Offerings” and

“Catering with Benefits - Covid on a Stick, served with Corona”.

 Guys, I had a plan for part three now I don't know where I'm gong with this.

PS. The YouTube upload fell over. I think there's a problem with the file.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

With regard to Gran baking -- do Craig and Justin serve pies, cakes, or cookies (I know in the UK they are called biscuits; not sure what they are called in Australia) at any of the parties they cater?  That is what I was thinking about Gran baking, or possibly some fancy bread items they have not served previously, as a test.  Perhaps 

Daniel might want to surprise his significant other by waxing.

@Wombat Bill, I don't think @Summerabbacat needs to worry.  You have had dramatic moments before, and handled them well.  So far you have done well at suspense, humor, hint of mystery, dramatic events, and the necessary day-to-day items as well.

The wildfires of 2019-2020 would provide a different angle of drama, as interruptions to business, evacuations, makeshift accommodations, worry about friends who are or were visiting relatives, cell phone tower disruptions, sometimes electrical interruptions, and Craig having to do emergency medical work all take place.

Covid -- now that is another proverbial kettle of fish.  You could always use the science fiction explanation that an alternate universe was created when Wuhan, China, was hit by a flaming asteroid, and things around for twenty miles was demolished and fried with fires resulting.  The resulting earthquakes change things in China greatly.  (I know, I know, that is reaching a bit.)

@chris191070 -- Maybe Gran knows how to come up with a butterscotch or white chocolate penis!!

I thought Dark Chocolate with  White Chocolate tip 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Spotted Dick

Spotted dick (also known as "spotted dog" or "railway cake") is a traditional British baked pudding, historically made with suet and dried fruit (usually currants or raisins) and often served with custard

I remember eating this once as a child @chris191070 and it was OK. I would not dream of eating it now given that it contains suet. It is one of a number of traditional dishes from the UK with quirky names. I have also eaten 'toad in the hole' once (did not like it), 'bubble and squeak' many times (horrid), 'jam roly-poly' several times (it was OK), but have never eaten 'faggot' (I refused to eat offal even as a child growing up in rural Australia, and I particularly disliked pork when I was forced to eat meat).

It is funny how our tastes change as we get older. I quite liked custard as a child, even custard tarts; now the thought of eating custard makes me gag, same with jam roly-poly.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Wow 3
Link to comment

have some really good friends in MAG. Its great that they now organise an open upper deck double-decker bus for their Mardi Gras Parade entry1

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..