To celebrate that CC now has 100 followers (thank you, Kitt, for being no 100) I give you the dream cake recipe

Danish Dream Cake (Drømmekage fra Brovst)

3 eggs
200 gr (7 oz) sugar
50 gr (1.7 oz) melted butter
250 gr (8.5 oz) flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 dl (0.4 pt) of milk

Whip eggs and sugar and suspend over boiling water (hang bowl on the edge of pot with gently boiling water in the bottom). Whisk frequently until mixture thickens.

Pour in melted butter and add vanilla extract if using this. Stir well.

Mix flour with baking powder and vanilla sugar if using this.

Fold in flour alternately with milk.
Pour the cake mixture into small flat, greased (or baking paper lined) baking pan.  

Bake for 20-25 minutes in the middle of the oven at 200 °C (= 390 °F).

Prepare topping:
100 gr (3.5 oz) butter
250 gr (8.5 oz) brown sugar  (this kind: brun farin)
100 gr (3.5 oz) dessicated coconut (this kind: kokosmel)
0.5 dl (0.1 pt) of milk

Pour all of it together in pot over low heat and stir until mixed together.

Pour on top of cake, even the topping out, and bake cake for another 5 minutes at 225 °C (= 440 °F).

Remove cake from oven and leave to settle before cutting into squares.

Enjoy. :)

PS. you can double the amount for a large baking pan.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

To celebrate that CC now has 100 followers (thank you, Kitt, for being no 100) I give you the dream cake recipe

Sound delicious and will definitely be going shopping tomorrow. :2thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks Tim! Will try it on the weekend!

Looks super easy too....

• Like 1

Thanks Tim! Will try it on the weekend!

Looks super easy too....

I look forward to hearing what you think of it. The only tiresome thing is the 'suspend over boling water' thing, but it makes the cake fluff up nice and thick. Make sure to push the cake mixture towards the sides of the baking pan, so that the cake doesn't get too high in the middle. 

• Like 1

I don't understand how the story got "un followed" but when I realized not one but two chapters of TTP went up without me getting a notification I went and did some investigating and fixed the problem! Happy that I turned out to be #100!  Does it count that once upon a time I was follower #1 but somehow got un followed?

Here you go CG, and thank for the help with translating it. I even managed to find gr to oz and dl to pt converters.

DOCC or Dicte's Orange Chocolate Cake

300 grams (10 ounzes) of butter

500 gr (17 oz) of sugar (can be reduced to 400 gr / 14 oz)

4 eggs

350 gr (12 oz) of flour

75 gr (2.5 oz) of cocoa (Droste or similar)

2 teaspoons of baking powder

2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar or vanilla extract

1.5 deciliter (0.3 US pint) of full fat milk (or mix of milk and cream)

0.5 dl (0.1 pt) of orange juice (preferably freshly pressed)

150 gr (5 oz) of dark chocolate chopped into pieces (or dark chocolate chips)

1 dl (0.2 pt) of boiling water

Whisk butter and sugar well, add eggs one by one, add vanilla extract if using this.

Mix flour with cocoa, baking powder, and vanilla sugar if using this. Mix milk and orange juice.

Fold in flour alternately with liquid. Fold in chocolate pieces.

Add the boiling water and stir carefully.

Pour the cake mixture into two greased (or baking paper lined) loaf baking pans. Bake for one hour in the middle of the oven at 175 °C (= 350 °F).

Cut into slices and eat with fork while still warm (for fancy serving add vanilla ice cream and raspberries or blueberries).

Enjoy :P

This really does sound delicious. Now I can see Isa has good taste...but, wait. If that's the case how did she ever wind up with Henry  -_-  

I don't understand how the story got "un followed" but when I realized not one but two chapters of TTP went up without me getting a notification I went and did some investigating and fixed the problem! Happy that I turned out to be #100!  Does it count that once upon a time I was follower #1 but somehow got un followed?

I shall have to go and count. ;)  I can see you are follower no 41 on TTP - but it's strange with the notifications, since you follow me as author. I assumed that's why you didn't need to follow the stories, and you did it now for CC to get it to 100. Maybe the notifications got buried under the COTT forum fun ?

This really does sound delicious. Now I can see Isa has good taste...but, wait. If that's the case how did she ever wind up with Henry  -_-  

:huh:  :o does your taste in cake reflect your taste in men ? :rofl:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I finally tried the Danish Dream Cake recipe Tim provided. It came out very well. I had my nephews and niece over, (8-12yr olds) so they were my guinea pigs  taste testers. They absolutely enjoyed it, so that was even a better review than their parents. Tim gave me some feed back for a thicker layer of coconut topping,  so next time will be even better..  :2thumbs:

A very big big thank you Tim!  :hug:

• Like 3

You're very welcome, I'm glad it was a success. Was there any left over ? It usually stays delicious for several days.

Oh yes, there's a little more than half the dish left. I don't expect it will last too long.. 

• Like 1

I need to catch up on this thread :gikkle: I began reading CC not too long ago and haven't been able to put it down :D

Yes, but be careful, don't read too far ahead, or there will be spoilers. :o  You can see when you get to a new chapter, since I announce them along the way.

Hello. I've only recently stumbled upon this story and I've been reading it nonstop. There's only two more chapters to go now until I catch up and then I'll be hungry for more. I was fortunate enough to visit Denmark a few years ago and I found it to be a wonderful place. We travelled there by train from Germany via the train ferry!!! Yeah, that was really cool being on a train which in turn was on a ship. Anyway Copenhagen is a fantastic city and like your story a bit of a hidden gem.  

Why thank you, I'm thrilled to have gained another reader for CC. :D I hope you will be patient, as the chapters are slow in coming. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Denmark, you should be able to recognize some of the descriptions - or be inspired to visit again.

onkel Tim!!!  :hug:  just here to say that you'll need to post a new chapter soon :yes:  :heart: 

leaving a kitten behind as a precautionary measure :yes:

8325_8_site.jpeg

or a bunch of them :yes:  for extra safety

cute-kittens-pic-animal-pictures.jpg

also leaving a couple of half naked twins for inspiration :yes::gikkle:

0425146.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm I'm not sure. Have you tried googling 'How to pronounce æ, ø and å?'

Thanks Tim! :hug: I've been pronouncing Læsø almost like "lasso" instead of "Leh-soo" :blushing:

onkel Tim!!!  :hug:  just here to say that you'll need to post a new chapter soon :yes:  :heart:

8325_8_site.jpeg

0425146.jpg

Thank goodness you don't go this far with me :lol: and I see you are pulling out the big guns with the last pic ;):gikkle:

Hmm I'm not sure. Have you tried googling 'How to pronounce æ, ø and å?'

I tried it when I started reading CC....but still couldn't get myself to say words such as Sjælland and stuff :(

Thanks Tim! :hug: I've been pronouncing Læsø almost like "lasso" instead of "Leh-soo" :blushing:

Thank goodness you don't go this far with me :lol: and I see you are pulling out the big guns with the last pic ;):gikkle:

you promised a new one soon :yes: ....if you don't stand up to your promise :pissed: ....then I'll have to do the same with you ^_^:yes::gikkle:

I tried it when I started reading CC....but still couldn't get myself to say words such as Sjælland and stuff :(

you promised a new one soon :yes: ....if you don't stand up to your promise :pissed: ....then I'll have to do the same with you ^_^:yes::gikkle:

First, Sjælland is pronounced as "sheh-land" I think :unsure2: (according to Google translate so... :unsure: )

Ha! You don't know what my tastes in men are :P:lol: So... bring it on! :gikkle:

8325_8_site.jpeg

0425146.jpg

Very nice Victor :)

(Psssst Tim has a thing for blondes if you're looking for inspirational material :gikkle:)

• Like 1