Celebrating Anything?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom's uncle and his partner will be coming down to see us on Saturday finally :)

That would be my great uncle right :?

<_< ..............At the very least he could be a greatful one!

My mom's uncle and his partner will be coming down to see us on Saturday finally :)

That would be my great uncle right :?

Does that imply your uncle's partner is male? If he has you for a nephew he should be a grateful uncle. :)

hello

I'm graduating tomorrow!!! Its seems very unreal. All this week people have been disappearing after their ceremonies, I've cried several times, and gone out so much I am physically tired from it all, but its been a fab last week. My parents and brother are coming up, before I wasnt bothered, but watching everyone and going to departmental drinks is making me get nostalgic and aware of how much tomorrow represents especially after my nightmare year, so its special to have the parents there now. Its in a massive cathedral next to a castle, with lots of pompous ceremony, black gowns with a colourfull hood, we don't wear hats (apparently due to an old protest against women joining the uni) so I won't get to throw one, but this is it, and I'm proud of myself and all my friends and what we have achieved. And I can't stop getting emotional randomly, which is why I'm writing this to let out some.

Phew. Right back to packing and deciding what to wear.

Celia

hello

I'm graduating tomorrow!!! Its seems very unreal. All this week people have been disappearing after their ceremonies, I've cried several times, and gone out so much I am physically tired from it all, but its been a fab last week. My parents and brother are coming up, before I wasnt bothered, but watching everyone and going to departmental drinks is making me get nostalgic and aware of how much tomorrow represents especially after my nightmare year, so its special to have the parents there now. Its in a massive cathedral next to a castle, with lots of pompous ceremony, black gowns with a colourfull hood, we don't wear hats (apparently due to an old protest against women joining the uni) so I won't get to throw one, but this is it, and I'm proud of myself and all my friends and what we have achieved. And I can't stop getting emotional randomly, which is why I'm writing this to let out some.

Celia

B) ............Congratulations!!!!! You should wear a hat in protest!

Midsummer's Eve tomorrow. :D

Hey,

did you feast well ?

For those who have no idea about the night of Midsummer's Eve :

"traditional events include raising and dancing around a huge maypole. One typical dance is the frog dance. Before the maypole is raised, greens and flowers are collected and used to cover the entire pole.

Raising and dancing around a maypole (majst

Yup, he is. Uncle richie's partner, paul was going thru chemo, so he was too sick to come here for awhile.

That's wonderful news Drew!! :D (that he's better that is!)

hello

Celia

That's awesome, Celia!!! :2thumbs::music:

Congrats!! :D

Let us know how it goes :hug:

-Kevin

B) ............Congratulations!!!!! You should wear a hat in protest!
That's wonderful news Drew!! :D (that he's better that is!)

That's awesome, Celia!!! :2thumbs::music:

Congrats!! :D

Let us know how it goes :hug:

-Kevin

Thanks. I wore a hat for my official photo thats going to be mandatorly sent to relatives. I wasnt as bored by the ceremony as I thought I could be (hundreds of names read out and handshakes). I had to be there at 7am!, was a bit of a pain :) . We all gathered in the 'great hall' and courtyard in the castle after getting our gowns of black with a purple hood, red lining and white fake fur, before proceding in to this incredibly beautiful building (if ever visit the uk its a must see!). People getting phds wore these absolutley ridiculous red gowns and even worse hat! The speeches were good, not too long, by a famous american even who'se our chancellor - summed up, 'just look around you' everyday, v lucky to get a degree, 'go for it', don't worry too much about failing. and after that have had a nice gentle day. Just had the weirdest meal, my housemates and I cooked all the random food that was left in the house :D , and off now for the last ever night out while living here - im not sad/emotional any more I'm ready to leave. onto travelling in a weeks time :D .

Celia

Thanks. I wore a hat for my official photo thats going to be mandatorly sent to relatives. I wasnt as bored by the ceremony as I thought I could be (hundreds of names read out and handshakes). I had to be there at 7am!, was a bit of a pain :) .

Yes, I think that's standard practice for graduations. I wouldn't know personally because I didn't attend mine; they were optional so I just had them send me the diploma. I was going to go to one for a good friend of mine...but by a twist of fate I ended up extremely late and got there just as everyone was walking out. Actually as bad as it sounds to say this I don't mind too much since I missed all the boring part but got to do all the fun celebrating afterward! 0:)

my housemates and I cooked all the random food that was left in the house :D , and off now for the last ever night out while living here - im not sad/emotional any more I'm ready to leave. onto travelling in a weeks time :D .

Congrats again! It's awesome that you're not sad now and just enjoying it! :great:

I'm celebrating the end of a very good week at work! :)

-Kevin

Hey,

did you feast well ?

For those who have no idea about the night of Midsummer's Eve :

"traditional events include raising and dancing around a huge maypole. One typical dance is the frog dance. Before the maypole is raised, greens and flowers are collected and used to cover the entire pole.

Raising and dancing around a maypole (majst

I am celebrating a few weeks of freedom! The family is on vacation and I have the home all to myself... ahh. Also, I am HALFWAY finished with my Anniversary Anthology. :)

I'm celebrating the fact that I'm starting my training at my new job tomorrow. Not just any job, "the" job, full time and all.

Also celebrating the fact that I had a great day with jason and friend today

Good luck on your first day of work!!! :D I know it'll be great. And congrats on the great day with jason and your friend.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol my birthday was "exciting" haha. It just ended though, and I had to celebrate it at the hospital haha. Boo-hoo.... :( lol Oh, and I've hit the big 2 and 0!!!!!! Where's my 1??? Where did it go?? *cries* lol.

Edited by jovian_w2002
This is my 700th post. Not nearly as many as some, but the most I've ever had. And I am # 35 on the list of most frequent posters. Jump.gif

Congratulations Mike! I am celebrating the fact that I shall soon be starting school again. For your information, I am #5 on said list, but I feel kind of naughty for being that high on the list. :*)