C James Fan Club

Chapter 20 Let the Music Play

MikeL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But without whom? Chapter 20

Happy New Year! It will be happier after you read this chapter and the previous chapter's cliffhanger is resolved.

Chapter 20 spoiler ahead!

Well, I guess all of us who voted "No one" are the winners. But the ones who voted "Eric" should get partial credit since he's the one with the broken ankle.

BTW, a hairline fracture? How minimalist!! How disappointing!! We were probably all waiting for something that resulted in one or more scars.

Oh, wait! Wilde!! I almost forgot about Wilde and the scars on his back.

Colin B)

Chapter 20 spoiler ahead!

Well, I guess all of us who voted "No one" are the winners. But the ones who voted "Eric" should get partial credit since he's the one with the broken ankle.

BTW, a hairline fracture? How minimalist!! How disappointing!! We were probably all waiting for something that resulted in one or more scars.

Oh, wait! Wilde!! I almost forgot about Wilde and the scars on his back.

Colin B)

THE GOAT LIVES!!!

Darn and I was looking forward to the slow roating too =(

Graeme is right, I wonder how the show will go on with the wheelchair.

I like how we learned more about the shadows in this chapter as well. GJ CJ.

-Mike

THE GOAT LIVES!!!

-Mike

B) ........Yep, another on who stuck with no one died, what no Cliffie's, the goats going soft. The real surprise is Eric, whose Gaydar seems to work just fine, I guess the ole' college course of Tequila 101, also gave him a B.A. in Psychology, as he nailed both Wilde and Steve.

Okay, I don't need to book a flight to the USA. :)

That wheelchair is going to cause a lot of pain to a lot of people....

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Vindication..... :D

Graeme do you think we can let the Goat outta the oven now? B)

Loved it loved it loved it.

Excellent work CJ

THE GOAT LIVES!!!

-Mike

Good chapter as always CJ,

I'm glad that you're off the hook, or at least it seems that way.

I'll have to read back the part about what exactly is the plan about the paparazzi as I got a little confuse as for how precisely they gonna stop them. Jim and the guys he knows will simply have accident with every one of them or what?? I guess I'll know more when it will happen

Christ, you
  • Site Administrator
Graeme do you think we can let the Goat outta the oven now? B)

Definitely, but keep a chain on him so he doesn't run off before he completes chapters 21, 22, 23, .....

P.S. I was right had CJ had given us the first few line it would be about dimitri

Is it scary that you know how the goat thinks? :P

I will admit that I didn't pick the situation with Steve and Wilde, but it's consistent with what was written earlier. Eric's read of people is just a lot better than mine.

Definitely, but keep a chain on him so he doesn't run off before he completes chapters 21, 22, 23, .....

Is it scary that you know how the goat thinks? :P

I will admit that I didn't pick the situation with Steve and Wilde, but it's consistent with what was written earlier. Eric's read of people is just a lot better than mine.

Ok will have to hunt up a few good chains and a really good harness... Don't want him choking himself trying to get away. :wub:

I am very happy with the resolution.... My faith is fully restored. B)

WHEW. I'm feeling very relieved now. Poor Eric, just gonna be milking it for all it's worth now! That was a very tender moment between Eric and Wilde. Here I was thinking the whole pool thing was cause Wilde didn't know how to swim and thats why they where all uncomfortable to leave him alone. I'm just hoping Eric's advice doesn't back fire and drive a wedge between Steve and Wilde and The Shadows and the boys.

All hail CJ for making our new year not so sad :worship:

• Site Administrator

Okay CJ, your off the hook for now...somewhat.

I'm a little miffed that not a single one of my predictions was even remotely close. For this I blame you :whistle:

I thought the chapter was a great one for clearing up many of the questions that have been outstanding. In the one chapter we found out the story behind the Shadows, we got the time line for the tour, we know that things are going ahead of schedule in Australia, and we found out nobody died (except for possibly some poor harmless snakes and spiders in the mine shaft :D ).

I am now even more interested in if any relationship will develop between Wilde and Steve. Since Steve doesn't seem to know about himself yet, it would be kinda fun to be a bug on the wall when Wilde brings it up with him. Who knows, maybe the two will get together and everyone will have a party and Chase can re gift a certain interior decorating book back to Wilde and Steve :P .

As far as The Scar goes, I imagine he is a little hot under the collar after spending the past while with Vladimir, I really wouldn't want to be the person that he is going to meet with who is having troubles getting the Kryton switches.

With the idea of Jim and his "contacts" helping out with the guys security, I would guess that it will only help them out in the future. It is actually surprising how many big name acts use organized bikers to provide certain types of security for the group. Just it is not really shown in the media about the close relationships.

Great chapter CJ and I take it that this chapter was the start of your New Year's Resolution to not write any more Cliffhangers :lol:

Steve B)

He's a lot nicer than I am. I would have made a new cliffhanger for the follow-up chapter just to drive everyone nuts. :lol:

Sounds like someone is gunning for CJ's title. :blink:

Better watch out Shadowgod he might come after you next. :o

:ph34r:

He's a lot nicer than I am. I would have made a new cliffhanger for the follow-up chapter just to drive everyone nuts. :lol:

I fact that's also what I'd done,, that woulda teach you guys from wanting to kill a poor goat or roast him...

heck even beastkid started a thread in the forum to see if it would be alright for someone to continue the work of a fallen writer here. Me thinks he had mind a contingency plan in case they'd roast and eat the lovely goat.

that would have teach them to act nicer next time B):D

sacha

Yeah, CJ, great classic cliffhanger resolution.

And, the seeds have been well planted: Wilde getting Steve drunk for a night of what? The boys getting that needed break somewhere remote in Australia, um, what's in remote Australia? The demonstration of our capability? Then there is the biker protection and the future paparazzi war. And, Telluride is so pleasant that time of year.

It's kind of good all this is happening because, well, Brandon is certainly in for some serious crashes, isn't he. All of this side action kind of keeps him out of the limelight. Or, does it?

This was actually a rather nice chapter. Tied up all those loose ends from 19 and planted a few seeds for upcoming cliffhangers. Took care of a lot of domestic issues, too. Plus, everybody behaved themselves, pretty much.

Too bad Eric busted his ankle, there are some great rock climbing sites east of Salt Lake. B)

Carl :boy:

• Site Moderator

I get the feeling that The Scar will enjoy taking care of the Engineer when the time comes.

I did a lot of laughing with this chapter. It definitely had its moments.

One possibility for Wilde. He could be the victim of some type of abuse when he was younger by a family member or older adult that could have been gay. Steve and Zeke could be aware of this and are trying to keep him calm, cool and collected.

To quote myself from the discussion of chapter 18, it looks like I was partially correct on my guess about Wilde. Steve's reactions are quite logical as to how he his reacting.

Jan

• Site Administrator
What happened to Chase on the rock climb? He was climbing with Steve and Steve reached the top. Somehow I managed to miss that. :blink:

They didn't say, but given that Eric started his rappel early, I suspect Chase was stuck, hanging from the cliff (cliffhanging?) while everyone worried about Eric's fall. Zeke and Steve probably talked him back down before the ambulance arrived.

WHEW. I'm feeling very relieved now. Poor Eric, just gonna be milking it for all it's worth now! That was a very tender moment between Eric and Wilde. Here I was thinking the whole pool thing was cause Wilde didn't know how to swim and thats why they where all uncomfortable to leave him alone. I'm just hoping Eric's advice doesn't back fire and drive a wedge between Steve and Wilde and The Shadows and the boys.

All hail CJ for making our new year not so sad :worship:

Hi Pupster!! Thanks!!

I'm sure that Eric will behave... Like Eric. 0:)

Okay CJ, your off the hook for now...somewhat.

I'm a little miffed that not a single one of my predictions was even remotely close. For this I blame you :whistle:

I thought the chapter was a great one for clearing up many of the questions that have been outstanding. In the one chapter we found out the story behind the Shadows, we got the time line for the tour, we know that things are going ahead of schedule in Australia, and we found out nobody died (except for possibly some poor harmless snakes and spiders in the mine shaft :D ).

I am now even more interested in if any relationship will develop between Wilde and Steve. Since Steve doesn't seem to know about himself yet, it would be kinda fun to be a bug on the wall when Wilde brings it up with him. Who knows, maybe the two will get together and everyone will have a party and Chase can re gift a certain interior decorating book back to Wilde and Steve :P .

As far as The Scar goes, I imagine he is a little hot under the collar after spending the past while with Vladimir, I really wouldn't want to be the person that he is going to meet with who is having troubles getting the Kryton switches.

With the idea of Jim and his "contacts" helping out with the guys security, I would guess that it will only help them out in the future. It is actually surprising how many big name acts use organized bikers to provide certain types of security for the group. Just it is not really shown in the media about the close relationships.

Great chapter CJ and I take it that this chapter was the start of your New Year's Resolution to not write any more Cliffhangers :lol:

Steve B)

Of course! I never write cliffhangers. 0:)

Basically, at this point in the story, everything is looking good and happy-happy. They are even ahead of schedule in Australia after a successful test of the implosion design. :nuke: :)

BTW, good catch on using Bikers to provide security. You're right, a lot of celebs, especially musicians, do just that.

Incidentally, Vladimer (the engineer) does seem to have a knack for tweeking The Scar's nose, doesn't he? :)

0:)

Well, while ya'll were reading Chapter 19, I was writing Ch 23. So, if I was going to do anything like that, it wouldn't show up for a while. :)0:)

I fact that's also what I'd done,, that woulda teach you guys from wanting to kill a poor goat or roast him...

heck even beastkid started a thread in the forum to see if it would be alright for someone to continue the work of a fallen writer here. Me thinks he had mind a contingency plan in case they'd roast and eat the lovely goat.

that would have teach them to act nicer next time B):D

sacha

Ahhh! So that explains that thread! :ph34r:

But beware... You could have ended up with Shadowgod writing LTMP, and we know how he loves cliffhangers!

Yeah, CJ, great classic cliffhanger resolution.

And, the seeds have been well planted: Wilde getting Steve drunk for a night of what? The boys getting that needed break somewhere remote in Australia, um, what's in remote Australia? The demonstration of our capability? Then there is the biker protection and the future paparazzi war. And, Telluride is so pleasant that time of year.

It's kind of good all this is happening because, well, Brandon is certainly in for some serious crashes, isn't he. All of this side action kind of keeps him out of the limelight. Or, does it?

This was actually a rather nice chapter. Tied up all those loose ends from 19 and planted a few seeds for upcoming cliffhangers. Took care of a lot of domestic issues, too. Plus, everybody behaved themselves, pretty much.

Too bad Eric busted his ankle, there are some great rock climbing sites east of Salt Lake. B)

Carl :boy:

Thanks Carl! Yep, there was some stage-setting in this chapter. :)

BTW, now I can explain the titles of 19 and 20! Ch 19, "and then there were two" alludes to a possibly couple forming. :)

And "The Show Must Go On" was based on the final line in Ch 20.

And to think, people were thinking dire things... See? 19 wasn't a cliffhanger at all! :)

I should mention here, for people who didn't see it in the other thread, that the press getting something wrong is far from a rare event.

I get the feeling that The Scar will enjoy taking care of the Engineer when the time comes.

I did a lot of laughing with this chapter. It definitely had its moments.

To quote myself from the discussion of chapter 18, it looks like I was partially correct on my guess about Wilde. Steve's reactions are quite logical as to how he his reacting.

Jan

You pegged it! Congratulations Jan!

Yep, a big part of the reason Steve and Zeke are so protective about Wilde is his past abuse and how sensitive he is about those scars. That's why they said "Just don't expect us to take our shirts off" at the pool party. They knew Wilde wouldn't.

What happened to Chase on the rock climb? He was climbing with Steve and Steve reached the top. Somehow I managed to miss that. :blink:

Conner

Ummm, oops... :*) I sort of left him hanging, didn't I?

This is an oversight on my part. With Eric telling the story in retrospect, I was somewhat limited. The cliff was only a little over twenty feet high. Chase made it to the top right after Steve. We can assume Steve was scrambling up to give Chase a hand.

Oh, and was it Wildone who said that Steve could have been making sure Chase's gear was on just the way he wanted it so that it highlighted certain anatomical features? Assuming that Eric is correct, Bingo!

They didn't say, but given that Eric started his rappel early, I suspect Chase was stuck, hanging from the cliff (cliffhanging?) while everyone worried about Eric's fall. Zeke and Steve probably talked him back down before the ambulance arrived.

Hell, the face they were climbing wasn't that high - Chase could jump down from there - as long as he knew how to land properly...

The way I pictured it, Steve arriaved on top of the cliff just before Chase. Steve heard what Eric was saying and then Eric noticed Steve, and decided to get out of there by showing off on a rapell, Chase, Steve, and Wilde would have come down after him. They wouldn't need a harness fur such a short rapell. Well, Chase might.

OK, now, there was one very touching scene , a real tear-jerker, that no one has commented on yet.

Hi CJ,

This was a very nice chapter. Nice because that you managed to heave us away from from the cliffhanger. :)

I would have said more but I'm too touched that this post is posted. Woohooo!!!

Ieshwar :D:D:D

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..