[DomLuka] desert dropping ch. 8

I endorse the "Rory is only 16, give him a break" viewpoint.  Moreover, he is an only child, and we all know how self-centered they are, even when they haven't just lost the only parent they have ever known. 

What about Eddie?  He finds out that he has a son he has never known, who will not talk to him and otherwise exhibits contempt and disdain for him.  On top of everything else, he is supposed to mention that he is gay?  Understandable that that fact is not something he wants to lead with....however, the longer he waits, the harder it becomes to tell.  Jase had it right....let him know as soon as possible.

Alice?  It is late and I can think of no benign motivations....except that she is a woman of discretion.  Perhaps, she did not think that she had the right to reveal secrets that weren't hers to share?  How refreshing is that? To find someone who minds her own business and can keep a secret!

Where can we find more people like her?

notTed

i agree that rory deserves a break and i think eddie should step up because he is the adult. with jase and luke i dont think they wanted to hide it from rory i think that they did it for eddie. i dont think alice deserves a break. if she was minding her own buisness then she should have given rory the package when she was suposed to. she shouldnt have waited.

JC

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that rory deserves a break and i think eddie should step up because he is the adult. with jase and luke i dont think they wanted to hide it from rory i think that they did it for eddie. i dont think alice deserves a break. if she was minding her own buisness then she should have given rory the package when she was suposed to. she shouldnt have waited.

JC

Eddie deserves a break too. He's having a hard enough time trying to get his son to like him. Now he has to come out to Rory? If I were Eddie, I'd be afraid my own son would reject me and call me a fag. That would not be something I would look forward too. Rory has so many reasons why he wants to leave after the end of the summer, if he were also straight, that would probably seal the deal for him leaving (what straight 16yo would want to live with 3 homo's?). Yes, Eddie is an adult, but adults fear rejection too.

Also, think about Rory's history. Eddie is probably a little scared as to how Rory will react to finding out that Luke, Eddie, and Jase are all gay. He'll probably take off running again and might end up sitting on something worse than a cactus.

Vic

P.S. - I think Rory deserves a break too. The only one that needs to be crucified is Aaron.

Guest xcboi02

JC

Eddie deserves a break too. He's having a hard enough time trying to get his son to like him. Now he has to come out to Rory? If I were Eddie, I'd be afraid my own son would reject me and call me a fag. That would not be something I would look forward too. Rory has so many reasons why he wants to leave after the end of the summer, if he were also straight, that would probably seal the deal for him leaving (what straight 16yo would want to live with 3 homo's?). Yes, Eddie is an adult, but adults fear rejection too.

Also, think about Rory's history. Eddie is probably a little scared as to how Rory will react to finding out that Luke, Eddie, and Jase are all gay. He'll probably take off running again and might end up sitting on something worse than a cactus.

Vic

P.S. - I think Rory deserves a break too. The only one that needs to be crucified is Aaron.

Hmm here's my opinion... All of your ideas are good, and I pretty much agree. :-) While I do think that Eddie should step up, his unwillingness to out himself to Rory is because he's only getting used to the idea of having a son and on top of that, he IS scared of having a son, and wanting his acceptance. Rory.. well I feel sorry for that poor boy. he's been through so much, but at least some things are out in the open. I do sorta feel sorry for Aaron for getting a lashing from Rory, but honestly Aaron kinda deserves it.. (not completely, but a lil bit).... Rory shouldn't have snapped, but to me it's his way of dealing with things, to run from things, and since Aaron wouldn't back off, he snapped and wanted Aaron to back away. In that case, I think Aaron needed to back off. On the other hand. Aaron can be sorta looked @ being sorta sweet, cuz his persistance can be taken in order to keep Rory ok, but on the opposite end, he's slightly selfish because he was single minded and didn't realize that Rory wanted to be alone, and didn't accept Rory's wishes, which in this instance could be interpreted as a good thing or bad thing. I don't think Aaron is THAT bad, he does have a lot of selfish tendencies which .. well needs to be addressed but he gets a worse rap than he gets, mainly because while he does have a bad past, well it has been awhile, and there's no reason to judge someone for his or her past. On top of that, Aaron, i don't think realizes how much IS going on with Rory, because i don't think he understands as much as maybe Luke, who has been through a similar situation, on top of being immersed in the ups and downs of Rory. He's seen Rory in the highs, and Rory in the deep DEEP end.. So comparing Luke and Aaron is kinda unfair because Luke KNOWS Rory's problems to an extent, he understands at least superficially his problems, and while he doesn't know Rory is gay, there's some connection since they both lost their mothers. On the other hand Aaron, only has talked to Rory a couple times and while he has some idea that there's some harsh stuff going on in Rory's mind. He's only beginning to realize that there's more to Rory's moodiness than he first thought... Of course I don't think he's the guy for Rory, I'd prefer Luke for Rory than Aaron, but Aaron isn't all that bad, if he worked on his selfish tendencies. Yeah Aaron shouldn't have outed Jase, Luke and Eddie, but you know he didn't know... Ok so he should have realized something when Rory kept looking at him weird, and he didn't seem sorry 'bout it... so yeah that's bad, I won't defend him on that point, but he didn't know, and he assumed... We don't know that family THAT well, besides what is shown beforehand so we don't know what type of family theyw ere like (about affection and stuff like that) before Rory showed up... so maybe Aaron did have a legit reason why he thought Rory knew already. Anyways. I think we need to step in all of their shoes before completely saying something about anyone of them... Rory needs to have SOME good things happen for him... (oh yeah he needs to be punished for snoopin, but he was emotionally unsound.. :-P) he's had much things happen in a short period of time... :-) hopefully he can have things settle down so his emotional state gets better, but oh well We'll have to wait for the next chapter won't we? :)

Anyways... That's my opinion.

Al

Great post xcboi02 - just two things:

As to Aaron not knowing that Rory wanted to be alone - he kinda knew that Rory was avoiding him and he wanted to talk to Rory. Then when Rory saw his chance to get a ride, he told Aaron yes, they could talk - but he also needed a ride. So he gives Rory the ride, is semi-patient, but after doing all that, still doesn't get a chance to talk to Rory about THEM.

The outing - look at what Jase yells at Eddie. Jase is livid at being closeted, and if he had known it would be this long, he never would have agreed and won't stay around if it lasts longer. And as Aaron told Rory, Luke came out at school before summer began. So to Aaron, there is absolutely no closet in that household - how could he know since Luke (and others) obviously aren't talking to him. Maybe he could have guessed info wasn't being given to Rory when Rory didn't realize that Aaron is NOT out to his mom, but that is a stretch. He knows Rory is living there (though with Rory's cousin Luke in Aaron's mind, not with Rory's Dad Eddie) - but that Eddie, Jase and Luke have gone back into the closet for Rory - there is no way to have guessed that.

Of course great chapter.

I think Rory really just needs to talk it out. His fathers not handling it well, which means now is prolly too late to help with this crisis. Not that they wont talk, I

Eddie needs a little time to learn his job. Parental knowledge doesn't happen with a flip of a switch. He's bound to make mistakes, but he IS the adult so he needs to take the lead.

My mother always said you practice with the first kid, then you knew what to do with any after that. This, in a nutshell, explains why my sister (the firstborn) is completely nuts while I (the second born) am perfectly normal.  :blink:

Sharon

Great observation. :music: Yes, parents do want to get it right the first time. There are the inevitable mistakes. There is a down side to all that effort, though. By the time number 3 hits the teenage years (if the parents actually get that far), the parents are exhausted. The energy level that they had for number 1 is long gone.

I remember well that my older brother and I often took credit for"breaking mom and dad in" for our 3 younger siblings. :2hands:

Hugs,

Conner

I endorse the "Rory is only 16, give him a break" viewpoint.  Moreover, he is an only child, and we all know how self-centered they are, even when they haven't just lost the only parent they have ever known. 

What about Eddie?  He finds out that he has a son he has never known, who will not talk to him and otherwise exhibits contempt and disdain for him.  On top of everything else, he is supposed to mention that he is gay?  Understandable that that fact is not something he wants to lead with....however, the longer he waits, the harder it becomes to tell.  Jase had it right....let him know as soon as possible.

Alice?  It is late and I can think of no benign motivations....except that she is a woman of discretion.  Perhaps, she did not think that she had the right to reveal secrets that weren't hers to share?  How refreshing is that? To find someone who minds her own business and can keep a secret!

Where can we find more people like her?

notTed

Ted, well said....now why is that some have written that Aaron is the jerk bad boy for outing Eddie, Jase and Luke but Grandma Alice is insane for doing the opposite and keeping her mouth shut so that Eddie could explain that he is Gay to Rory? that to me, makes no sense why some posters see that Grandma Alice should have opened her mouth and Aaron shouldn't have. In any event, I am having trouble cutting and pasting quotes...but I have to agree with the likes of Sharon and Kitty, once again.

Sharon in an early post said, Eddie had the perfect opportunity to say he is Gay right after both he and Rory bonded over the fact that Eddie never knew about Rory..I can see him not telling him right away (but I still agree with Jase and Luke....remember those lessons we all learned growing up about just tell the truth, you won't get in trouble (when we got caught and did something bad as a child) and you won't be punished but if you lie you will be.......I read earlier chapters in which Luke and Jase reveal that Eddie should have told Rory that he never knew that Rory was his son and that he didn't abandon him...(part of my previous post of Eddie has his head up his butt) and yeah, Sharon you are right, parents are learning too..but this was so common sense......and if as Vic said Rory said he wasn't staying and hated Eddie..so if Eddie feared losing him for being rejected for being gay...my point is what did Eddie have to lose then anyway? at least Rory would have been told the whole truth.....and I feel that Rory would "hate" and I mean really despise Eddie a heck of lot more for lying BIG time about whom he is..and who can trust someone after what Eddie pulled here...real bone head and he sure does have his head up his butt on this one (let's face it teens say "I hate you" about what a zillion times a day.....for making them do their homework, chores, etc...) I am betting the parents in the group would say that if you deal with someone (and you don't have to be a parent to know this) honestly, that is far better then to tell a lie..and lies snowball and go so badly..and what kind of values is Eddie teaching Rory by telling lies....not very good people skills, value skills and geez, doesn't it say to Rory, ok kiddo on the tough stuff lie your way out of it....and hey look at me..one big fat liar, with a good job, big house, etc...not very smart Mr. Eddie!!

isn't that what we are angry at Aaron for doing (or so it seems based upon the story Luke told..we still have to see all the facts on the car issue stuff..but let's assume Aaron lied and its ok to assume it, since Aaron said he did..we just are waiting to hear the "why" of what he did from his own mouth)

but as Sharon said, he had a golden opportunity once they had their heart to heart about Eddie not knowing and if he did he would have found Rory and I am sure Eddie would have been kind and said I believe Gina didn't tell me since she knew I would come find me and she wanted me to live my life as as Gay man and find happiness in my own way and that she thought she did the right thing for you Rory and for me since she was a very loving person and maybe we can sort through these boxes for clues and I would love to hear everything about your life and your Mom's and we can piece together clues together and please don't hate her or be upset with her since I truly believed she acted as she did out of LOVE (it dovetails with Gina's final letter to Rory and confirms that Eddie would have and makes that claim by Eddie very believable)

here are exchanges in previous chapters that makes it clear to me that Jase and Luke have more common sense then good old Eddie...and geez, Eddie deals with clients and having to get to the facts/truth and figure out human nature and what clients are up to and be several steps ahead of them...Jase is a psychiatrist and his profession is to help and know people.....duh, Eddie, do you think Jase had a clue as to what he was suggesting (indeed, at the end of chapter 8 we find out that Jase and Luke wanted to tell Rory from the get go...good common sense and let the chips fall where they may)

exchange between Eddie and Jase: ( chapter 4 )

Is it a bad sign that as I was reading this chapter I was thinking about how much drama it would be causing in the forums? You guys definitely didn't disappoint. :PLong post ahead.

First of all, I want to congratulate Dom on some of the most realistic characters I've encountered in any online story. While I may not agree with their actions, I can almost see them happening. Many authors seem to write the same characters over and over, but you do a great job at writing many different characters, all realistic. Thanks! :D

I feel like I'm saying the same thing I said in my post about the last chapter, but I really think that just about everyone in this story is making mistakes, but they should all be given a chance to work things out.

I have a big problem with Eddie's lack of honesty. He is the adult, and he needs to be providing an example to Rory. They already started their relationship with dishonesty, and he saw how much that hurt his son when he found out the truth. As a father, he should have come clean with Rory, especially since he and Jase are out in the community and Rory finding out from someone else was a very likely prospect. Regardless of this, though, I can see where he's coming from. He suddenly finds out that his best friend from childhood, whom he dated for a brief time, had his child, has been hiding him for 16 years, and is now dead. That's a lot of major things to find out all at once, and then to find out that one of her last wishes was for Rory to come live with him...that must have been quite the shock. Then, when he first met his son, Rory was hostile and judgmental. Eddie didn't know at first that Rory thought he had known about him all along, so he must have just assumed that Rory hated him for no reason. With that attitude, he must have been terrified to come out to him. All he seems to want is to get to know his son, and he probably thought that he would alienate him if he found out he was gay. If even his parents wouldn't accept him (as Rory's mom's letter implied), why would his son, who didn't know him at all? Many teens are not very understanding of homosexuality, and to find out a parent is gay would be a huge shock. He should have considered, though, that Rory's mom was the first person he came out to, and she handled it pretty well (despite her initial shock), so Rory was probably raised to be tolerant. Overall, I can see why he's doing what he's doing, but I think he just needs to start acting like an adult and be honest.

Rory's actions, while not the best way to deal with the situation, seem very realistic to me. As many people have said, he's had huge events to deal with in the past few months, things most people don't have to encounter until they're adults, if at all. I'm sure he felt the loss of his mother more deeply than most due to his very close relationship with her. He then found out he had a father, and one of his mom's last wishes was for him to go live with him. He had to go from the only place he felt safe and comfortable to a completely new environment. Now add to that the fact that he is gay, and he already came out to his only known parent. He dealt with that fear and thought he wouldn't have to do it again, but then found out he had a dad and realized at some point he'd have to come out to him as well. After meeting Eddie (I haven't read the first chapter recently, but I think I remember from Dom's description that he's a pretty athletic guy), he probably thought of all the horror stories he'd ever heard and was physically afraid to tell Eddie. After all, he didn't know Eddie well enough to know if he would accept a gay son. I think a good way to have dealt with this would have been to hint around to see what Eddie thinks of gays, but Rory hasn't really been talking to him long enough to do that. While I don't think Rory should have hidden the letters, I honestly can't say I would have done it differently...he has been repeatedly lied to, and all he wants is for Eddie to be honest with him without being forced. Some people have posted that they think it was wrong for Rory to snoop in Eddie and Jase's room, but I think he was acting out of shock. Eddie and Jase took the time to make up a fake room for Jase, and Rory wanted proof of what Aaron was saying. And if all he did was glance in dresser drawers and closets, it's not like he was snooping too deeply. (Not that I'm justifying looking through other people's rooms, but there's a difference between a quick glance and an actual search.)

I feel kind of bad for Luke. He was obviously asked by Eddie not to come out to Rory right away, and I think that having to keep that secret has forced their relationship to develop differently than it would have otherwise. From his other bold actions, he seems like the kind of person who would have come out to Rory pretty quickly after getting to know him. I don't want Luke and Rory to get together, but I think they could be really good friends, and they need to get things out in the open in order for that to happen. I think if Luke had told Rory he was gay, Rory would have reciprocated, and this whole situation could have been avoided. Just knowing that Eddie and Jase accepted Luke (even if Rory still wasn't aware that they were gay) would have made Rory much more confident.

I'm a little undecided on Aaron in this chapter. I think he did a really good job of handling Rory's shock. He was acting as a "voice of reason," telling Rory that the situation wasn't the end of the world and there was even a good side to it. While Rory wasn't really in the mood to hear this, I'm sure it helped that it was said. I do have a problem, though, with Aaron's physical intimidation of Rory. He might not be aware that he is doing it (especially if it's something that his dad does?), but physically intimidating people when you are angry is just another form of abuse. I can understand why he was upset, since Rory had been dragging him around all afternoon, using him for a ride without being willing to talk to him, but he should have discussed it rather than grabbing Rory. Rory was being pretty annoying, though. Bringing up the car incident over and over without being willing to hear Aaron's side is just rude. Either listen, or drop the subject.

Jase has been a pretty minor character throughout the story so far, but every time I've seen him he's seemed like a really nice guy. I feel bad for him in this whole situation. First, he finds out that his partner has a son they've never known about, and his dead mother wants him to come live with them. Then, his partner is afraid to come out to his son and asks him to participate in a charade. He agrees to it on a temporary basis, but it drags out for weeks. He's having to change his behavior in his own home, and Eddie isn't really making much of an effort to change the situation. I know if I were Jase, I would have left earlier.

The one person whose actions I can't even begin to understand is Grandma Alice. Rory's mom's request was quite simple...give him the letter after the funeral, then when his father is found, give him his letter and give them a chance to get to know each other. Even if she knew the contents of the letters (and I'm sure she must have had a pretty good idea), she had no right to keep them longer than Rory's mom asked her to. The only excuse I can think of for her actions is that she didn't want to give Rory up. If you think about it, Rory is all she has. Her daughter got pregnant very young, and it seems like Alice has been helping out with Rory his whole life. I don't remember any mention of a grandpa (too lazy to read back through the chapters). She's just lost her daughter, who was only 30 or 31 years old, and now she's about to lose her grandson. I can't understand, though, why she would withhold the package for so long, and then send it now. Maybe as some people said, she was hoping for them to develop a relationship on their own, but she really didn't have a right to interfere. She could have talked to Rory's mom about the letters before she died, and if her opinion didn't change, she should have respected it. She was Rory's mom, after all.

Overall, another excellent chapter, Dom! Looking forward to chapter 9. :2thumbs:

Edited by Elizabeth8338
Is it a bad sign that as I was reading this chapter I was thinking about how much drama it would be causing in the forums?  You guys definitely didn't disappoint.  :P   Long post ahead.

First of all, I want to congratulate Dom on some of the most realistic characters I've encountered in any online story.  While I may not agree with their actions, I can almost see them happening.  Many authors seem to write the same characters over and over, but you do a great job at writing many different characters, all realistic.  Thanks!  :D

I feel like I'm saying the same thing I said in my post about the last chapter, but I really think that just about everyone in this story is making mistakes, but they should all be given a chance to work things out.

I have a big problem with Eddie's lack of honesty.  He is the adult, and he needs to be providing an example to Rory.  They already started their relationship with dishonesty, and he saw how much that hurt his son when he found out the truth.  As a father, he should have come clean with Rory, especially since he and Jase are out in the community and Rory finding out from someone else was a very likely prospect.  Regardless of this, though, I can see where he's coming from.  He suddenly finds out that his best friend from childhood, whom he dated for a brief time, had his child, has been hiding him for 16 years, and is now dead.  That's a lot of major things to find out all at once, and then to find out that one of her last wishes was for Rory to come live with him...that must have been quite the shock.  Then, when he first met his son, Rory was hostile and judgmental.  Eddie didn't know at first that Rory thought he had known about him all along, so he must have just assumed that Rory hated him for no reason.  With that attitude, he must have been terrified to come out to him.  All he seems to want is to get to know his son, and he probably thought that he would alienate him if he found out he was gay.  If even his parents wouldn't accept him (as Rory's mom's letter implied), why would his son, who didn't know him at all?  Many teens are not very understanding of homosexuality, and to find out a parent is gay would be a huge shock.  He should have considered, though, that Rory's mom was the first person he came out to, and she handled it pretty well (despite her initial shock), so Rory was probably raised to be tolerant.  Overall, I can see why he's doing what he's doing, but I think he just needs to start acting like an adult and be honest.

Rory's actions, while not the best way to deal with the situation, seem very realistic to me.  As many people have said, he's had huge events to deal with in the past few months, things most people don't have to encounter until they're adults, if at all.  I'm sure he felt the loss of his mother more deeply than most due to his very close relationship with her.  He then found out he had a father, and one of his mom's last wishes was for him to go live with him.  He had to go from the only place he felt safe and comfortable to a completely new environment.  Now add to that the fact that he is gay, and he already came out to his only known parent.  He dealt with that fear and thought he wouldn't have to do it again, but then found out he had a dad and realized at some point he'd have to come out to him as well.  After meeting Eddie (I haven't read the first chapter recently, but I think I remember from Dom's description that he's a pretty athletic guy), he probably thought of all the horror stories he'd ever heard and was physically afraid to tell Eddie.  After all, he didn't know Eddie well enough to know if he would accept a gay son.  I think a good way to have dealt with this would have been to hint around to see what Eddie thinks of gays, but Rory hasn't really been talking to him long enough to do that.  While I don't think Rory should have hidden the letters, I honestly can't say I would have done it differently...he has been repeatedly lied to, and all he wants is for Eddie to be honest with him without being forced.  Some people have posted that they think it was wrong for Rory to snoop in Eddie and Jase's room, but I think he was acting out of shock.  Eddie and Jase took the time to make up a fake room for Jase, and Rory wanted proof of what Aaron was saying.  And if all he did was glance in dresser drawers and closets, it's not like he was snooping too deeply.  (Not that I'm justifying looking through other people's rooms, but there's a difference between a quick glance and an actual search.)

I feel kind of bad for Luke.  He was obviously asked by Eddie not to come out to Rory right away, and I think that having to keep that secret has forced their relationship to develop differently than it would have otherwise.  From his other bold actions, he seems like the kind of person who would have come out to Rory pretty quickly after getting to know him.  I don't want Luke and Rory to get together, but I think they could be really good friends, and they need to get things out in the open in order for that to happen.  I think if Luke had told Rory he was gay, Rory would have reciprocated, and this whole situation could have been avoided.  Just knowing that Eddie and Jase accepted Luke (even if Rory still wasn't aware that they were gay) would have made Rory much more confident.

I'm a little undecided on Aaron in this chapter.  I think he did a really good job of handling Rory's shock.  He was acting as a "voice of reason," telling Rory that the situation wasn't the end of the world and there was even a good side to it.  While Rory wasn't really in the mood to hear this, I'm sure it helped that it was said.  I do have a problem, though, with Aaron's physical intimidation of Rory.  He might not be aware that he is doing it (especially if it's something that his dad does?), but physically intimidating people when you are angry is just another form of abuse.  I can understand why he was upset, since Rory had been dragging him around all afternoon, using him for a ride without being willing to talk to him, but he should have discussed it rather than grabbing Rory.  Rory was being pretty annoying, though.  Bringing up the car incident over and over without being willing to hear Aaron's side is just rude.  Either listen, or drop the subject.

Jase has been a pretty minor character throughout the story so far, but every time I've seen him he's seemed like a really nice guy.  I feel bad for him in this whole situation.  First, he finds out that his partner has a son they've never known about, and his dead mother wants him to come live with them.  Then, his partner is afraid to come out to his son and asks him to participate in a charade.  He agrees to it on a temporary basis, but it drags out for weeks.  He's having to change his behavior in his own home, and Eddie isn't really making much of an effort to change the situation.  I know if I were Jase, I would have left earlier.

The one person whose actions I can't even begin to understand is Grandma Alice.  Rory's mom's request was quite simple...give him the letter after the funeral, then when his father is found, give him his letter and give them a chance to get to know each other.  Even if she knew the contents of the letters (and I'm sure she must have had a pretty good idea), she had no right to keep them longer than Rory's mom asked her to.  The only excuse I can think of for her actions is that she didn't want to give Rory up.  If you think about it, Rory is all she has.  Her daughter got pregnant very young, and it seems like Alice has been helping out with Rory his whole life.  I don't remember any mention of a grandpa (too lazy to read back through the chapters).  She's just lost her daughter, who was only 30 or 31 years old, and now she's about to lose her grandson.  I can't understand, though, why she would withhold the package for so long, and then send it now.  Maybe as some people said, she was hoping for them to develop a relationship on their own, but she really didn't have a right to interfere.  She could have talked to Rory's mom about the letters before she died, and if her opinion didn't change, she should have respected it.  She was Rory's mom, after all.

Overall, another excellent chapter, Dom!  Looking forward to chapter 9.    :2thumbs:

Wow. That was quite a diatribe. I have to thank you though. You pretty much described the way I feel, so I don't have to add my own epistle.

Wow.  That was quite a diatribe.  I have to thank you though.  You  pretty much described the way I feel, so I don't have to add my own epistle.

Yeah...I always type things in Word or Notepad, then copy and paste them into the forum. I wasn't really aware of how long that was until I posted it. :*) These past few chapters have inspired so many comments, though, that I wanted to address the opinions that had been expressed by others.

Great post Elizabeth! I feel bad for Luke too, he wants to spill the beans, but I'm sure Eddie made him promise not tell Rory about the House of Queers(HOQ).

Luke is pretty cute too in that he tried getting Rory to figure things out for himself by going into the attic. Luke has the makings of a future lawyer (finding loopholes in any promise, without technically breaking the promise :-).

Mark...'Diatribe' & 'Epistle'? Thank goodness I don't have to pay for each word lookup I do on the online dictionary!

'Epistle', weren't there 13 of them at the last supper? :P

Vic the Domaholic

Edited by naper_vic
Elizabeth, you made a point about Gina leaving instructions for Rory to open the letters just after the funeral...I am going to re read all the chapters again..if you know where that is referenced, i would appreciate it..if that is so

Michael, it's in Chapter 8, in the letter that Rory's mom sent to Rory. She said something to the effect that "if my mother did what I asked her to, you'll be reading this right after my funeral".

Kitty :)

Kitty..thanks...wow, I don't know I missed that one...geez, ok so Grandma Alice gots thrown in the crowd of screw ups....oy........no wonder Rory's head is spinning like a top!!!!java script:emoticon(' :wacko: ')

Michael

Kitty....I am LOL>..and ROFL..Grandma A terror on the roard..(if she were a lesbian, would probably be leading the Dykes on Bikes for the Pride Parade and making everyone write letters of apologies if they showed up late for the Parade....no less if they got in her way while she was trying to lead the

Parade).......

Michael

Michael, that image is so hilarious. :lmao:

Made my day!

Hugs,

Conner

Guest xcboi02
Great post xcboi02 - just two things:

As to Aaron not knowing that Rory wanted to be alone - he kinda knew that Rory was avoiding him and he wanted to talk to Rory.  Then when Rory saw his chance to get a ride, he told Aaron yes, they could talk - but he also needed a ride.  So he gives Rory the ride, is semi-patient, but after doing all that, still doesn't get a chance to talk to Rory about THEM.

The outing - look at what Jase yells at Eddie.  Jase is livid at being closeted, and if he had known it would be this long, he never would have agreed and won't stay around if it lasts longer.  And as Aaron told Rory, Luke came out at school before summer began.  So to Aaron, there is absolutely no closet in that household - how could he know since Luke (and others) obviously aren't talking to him.  Maybe he could have guessed info wasn't being given to Rory when Rory didn't realize that Aaron is NOT out to his mom, but that is a stretch.  He knows Rory is living there (though with Rory's cousin Luke in Aaron's  mind, not with Rory's Dad Eddie) - but that Eddie, Jase and Luke have gone back into the closet for Rory - there is no way to have guessed that.

Did i say Aaron didn't know Rory wanted to be alone.. lol. well he sorta did but i guess he is a persistant lil guy isn't he? hehe Yeah there's parts where I have to say he does need to realize what other people want and respect it but you have to admire that quality in him at the same time to go for what & who he wants..

In anycase.. As for the outing. it's wrong, but I can also understand it at the same time. I mean my point is he should have realized that when Rory was confused and stuff, and really WAS confused, not acting confused, he shhould have stopped there before he actually came out and said it, even if there was hints from what he said. On the other hand I can understand why Aaron did think that Rory knew so I don't think for me it's a big thing.

An additional comment on eddie, jase, luke thing... I realized i never commented on that (brain dead...) anyways. I can see why Jase and Luke are upset.. well we know Jase is upset, not sure about Luke, but you know, they move into a house ex tpecting to be free in their house, but now that Rory is in here they are having to hide what they feel. Eddie... well he is new to a father, and he really is looking for acceptance from Rory, especially how Rory treated him at first. I think he's walking on pins and needles when it comes to Rory, and protecting himself from anything that would jeopardize things... Realistically he needs to trust Rory a little bit, and realize that he should tell Rory soon and should have earlier, because if Rory was going to react badly, it didn't matter if it was at the beginning or later, his reaction isn't going to change.... at least at first(if badly). I mean we see that Rory was shocked, but it's more out of being lied to at first, I think he'd be more ok with it if he was told beforehand, but we don't know really.... We'll need to see what his priorities are in the next chapter. Oh well... What's done is done... My thinking is he might've told Rory before, but once he heard that they were getting a package from Rory's mom, he was either expecting, or hoping that there was some mention about his sexuality and THAT would bring it out in the open... but .. yeah.. THat's my opinion about the Eddie situation. Not sure if it is right. hehe.

Al

JC

Vic

I'm undecided about Aaron, still I feel he deserves a break. Yes what he did in the past was wrong and he admits that. he also states he has changed, maybe maybe not. I know I have changed in my attitude and thing I did from when I was younger to now, so I'll keep an eye on him to see if he really is changed.

Was he wrong to "out" Eddie, Jase, and Luke? From his reaction, it honestly seems like he had no idea he had done that. The facts seem to indicate that Jase and Eddie were out and like a married couple. Luke was out (whether by force or his own decision) at school, and since Aaron was no longer welcome by them he had no idea thay all went back into the closet.

Seriously, I'm surprised none of Lukes friend hadn't already made a comment about Luke's sexuality yet. Not in a negative way, but a positive way. /ie glad you can accept him, he's hot, too bad he's gay; etc// Especially since they will be having a birthday party soon. If Luke was still "closeted" I could understand not saying anything, but he did come out at school (at least according to Aaron) so there was no need to keep it from Rory. especially since so many people knew about it.

I'm undecided about Aaron, still I feel he deserves a break.  Yes what he did in the past was wrong and he admits that.  he also states he has changed,  maybe maybe not.  I know I have changed in my attitude and thing I did from when I was younger to now, so I'll keep an eye on him to see if he really is changed.

Was he wrong to "out" Eddie, Jase, and Luke?  From his reaction, it honestly seems like he had no idea he had done that.  The facts seem to indicate that Jase and Eddie were out and like a married couple.  Luke was out (whether by force or his own decision) at school, and since Aaron was no longer welcome by them he had no idea thay all went back into the closet.

Seriously, I'm surprised none of Lukes friend hadn't already made a comment about Luke's sexuality yet.  Not in a negative way, but a positive way. /ie  glad you can accept him, he's hot, too bad he's gay; etc//  Especially since they will be having a birthday party soon.  If Luke was still "closeted" I could understand not saying anything, but he did come out at school (at least according to Aaron) so there was no need to keep it from Rory. especially since so many people knew about it.

That is an excellent point, TomE. That hadn't occured to me. There really isn't any specific reason for Luke to be closeted to Rory. Had Luke been out to Rory earlier in the story, I believe Aaron wouldn't be in the picture at all.

In Dom we trust. :worship:

Conner