[DomLuka] desert dropping ch. 8

Hehehe! I love this chapter too, and I think this is Dom's best story.

As to Aaron and Rory... While I agree that Rory was not exactly fair to him, he did tell Aaron many times that he did not want him at the house. Then, with the package, he saw the opportunity. Maybe it was somewhat selfish, but I think there are other motives with Aaron than "Love". Sex, maybe, but I don't see it as love, not with Aaron.

And although he did listen to Rory rant and rave, he also laughed at him some about it, and even tried to put the "well, isn't this better" spin on it. I am not convinced this was to be the voice of reason... I think it was just to keep Rory from not being mad at him for what he did and to keep the shot at getting into Rory's pants open.

I dunno, I just do not see him in the same light. He seems dubious and totally worng for Rory. He may be redeamable, but abusing someone is not the way to show this.

Love and Peace, and I love debating this.... hehehe!

Solace

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say this:  I don't like Rory.

I don't like the self-centered selfishness, I don't like the evilness behind him opening the package on his own, and I especially don't like him hiding his mother's letter to Eddie from his father.

That last act alone, would earn him being packed up and sent off to Grandma Alice with firm instructions 'Don't call us, we'll call you, you little spoiled brat piece of shite!"

DK - I don't believe you for a moment. You're stirring the pot intentionally. That said, I have to admit that you were very effective in getting the exact result you were hoping for.

Talk about devious and evil. You're good! :music:

6'3" - 240 lbs! Have I told you I like big men? B)

Hugs,

Conner

Is it just me or does it feel like Dan is channeling Mark Arbour in his posts about Rory.

:P

Yep, they seem to have spawned kindred spirits on this one.... I wonder if the eastern sky is splitting open as I write this!

Solace

This is what happens when evil meets evil. Rory is Dan and my love child (Dan's the birth mother)

I mean everything I say when I say it.

I reserve the right to change my mind later, though.

But, I have yet to change my mind about rory since I posted that.

I understood completely why Eddie didn't want to tell Rory that his mother withheld the information about his existance from him. He sacrificed himself and acted in the best interests of his son. That's what a parent does. When Rory did find out, sure, he freaked out and sat on a cactus - fine. But his attitiude toward Eddie changed instantly and dramatically.

So now it's time to feel sorry for Eddie because his son has hidden his mom's letters from him? Gimme a break. Eddie's the one who needs to grow up and take notice of other people's feelings instead of his own. His duty was to come out to Rory as soon as the beans were spilt about mom. That would have been far more consistent with his earlier sacrifice. It would have provided Rory with at least some rationale for his mom's lies to him. No, instead Eddie decides to suck up all these good feelings being directed his way from Rory - and leaves his son way out on a limb wondering why his mom has been a total fraud - talk about selfishness.

So for his crime of hiding Eddie's letter, you would send Rory packing? Back to Grandma Alice no less? You would deny a son his father for this heinous crime?

No, you wouldn't. No gay man who openly stood before a state legislative committee and gave witness the way you did would think that way. That's exactly why I don't believe you.

Hugs,

Conner :D

Is it just me or does it feel like Dan is channeling Mark Arbour in his posts about Rory.

:P

Yep, they seem to have spawned kindred spirits on this one.... I wonder if the eastern sky is splitting open as I write this!

Solace

This is what happens when evil meets evil. Rory is Dan and my love child (Dan's the birth mother)

You sure Aaron isn't your spawn instead... LOL!

Love and Peace,

Solace

You sure Aaron isn't your spawn instead... LOL! 

Love and Peace,

Solace

Yeah Solace, Aaron is more likely the offspring of that unholy coupling.

<vic gives the sign of the cross>

Maybe we will need the vampire hunters for this one, too vic! LOL I cannot believe Mark would claim to have sired someone as loveable as Rory... hehehe! Aaron is the bloody Anti-Christ... well, maybe not quite that bad, but aweful close, LOL!

Love and Peace,

Solace

Dom, you truly out did yourself!! Thanks for all your hard work.

I still think Aaron is a loser and a rat and I think he is out to help only one person and that is himself. I really disagree with the slams on Rory, someone stated that he

Dom, you truly out did yourself!!  Thanks for all your hard work.

I still think Aaron is a loser and a rat and I think he is out to help only one person and that is himself.  I really disagree with the slams on Rory,  someone stated that he

I am still not convinced that Aaron is bad. I am still not convinced that Luke is good either. There is more to that story than we know. Right now, Rory and Eddie are center-stage. After that is resolved (and if the story does not end....in that case I am praying for a spin-off) maybe we will learn more about the Luke/Aaron relationship. I am sure that the fear of being "outed" to his parents plays a part.

On a side note, I am noticing a few Navy veterans in here. I have been in since 1985 (almost 10 active and 10 reserves).

On your side note: Service men and lumberjacks go hand in hand... LOL! VERY HOT in my book! MM-MM-MM! Sorry, but that grabbed my... :whistle: um, attention... yeah that's it. 0:)

Ok, as to Aaron and Luke, the way Aaron said that he would be all over Luke if he lived with him makes me think that there really isn't much of a sexual past to them... At first, I honestly thought so, but with the way he said it, I just don't think so anymore. I still see Aaron as an ass, though... hehehe! :snork:

Love and Peace,

Solace

Sex does not have to be part of a relationship!

Anyhow, the statement that Aaron made was very vague. Alot could be read into it. I am not going to jump to conclusions just yet. Maybe Aaron does not want to intimidate Rory by telling him that Luke and him sexed it up a few times.

Wow. What a great chapter! Although when I realised I couldn't scroll down any further and the chapter had ended when it did I was like a 3 year old who's favourite toy has been taken away (I think there should be a toddler-with-a-temper-tantrum smiley :D ).

Still I did find myself warming up to Aaron in this chapter - I really didn't like him before and agreed with all the people in the Bad Aaron camp but now I'm not so sure. I'm thinking that Rory would really have been in a worse state had Aaron not been there to be the voice of reason. So now I'm undecided on Aaron - think I'll just wait to find out what happens.

I'm also finding that my favourite Dom story is often the one that was last updated... hmmmm I guess that says something about me 0:)

Eddie, I am sure had has heart in the right place, but well, his head up his butt

:lol: I'm putting this on my list of all-time favorite DomaLukaLand expressions, right after "sitting on a cactus".

How many of Dom's other characters can we say that about also? Owen not telling Aiden about what his mother said in TLW, for example. Seems like there's a pattern here ...

Kitty

"from Sharon's post..(sorry it wouldn't let me cut and past)

Excellent points. I agree mostly with your conclusions. After Eddie and Rory had settled the issue of neither knowing about the other, Eddie should have explained his and Jase's relationship. That would have been a good time to clear up that misconception. And if you find Grandma Alice, I'll supply the two-by-four. She could have quite easily prevented so much of this mess. But then, we wouldn't have all this drama and frustration.

Sharon (quote)"

Kitty and Sharon, you two are always the voice of reason and always with humor....I left out the 2 x 4 as to Grandma Alice, since I believe she meant well and there is a method to her so called 'eccentric ways'..and I believe she was hoping Eddie would sit Rory down right away and explain how he know Rory's Mom, their history, that Eddie is Gay, etc....(I snuck that one in there) but alas we know that didnt' quite happen...and maybe she was hoping they would bond and then once that happened give them the letters from Rory's Mom..but in any event well we know that didn't happen...in some ways Dom is like Shakespeare..his characters engage in comedies of errors and their interactions are like the laws of unintended consequences and the third parties that intercede and it all becomes SNAFU (YOU REMEMBER THAT Catch 22 phrase..Systems Normal All F**Ked Up" and then some)

but at least it keeps things interesting..um to say the least....and their perceptions and interesting way the characters "communicate" or don't as the case may be..but I always love reading your Posts Sharon and Kitty..they make me smile in every way...they are always to the point, said with sanity, humor and nicely..and I love them dearly, along with both of you...you are like Dom's Mom..simply the best:)

Rainbow Hugs and peace and quiet for both of you so you enjoy simple pleasures like Hersheys Kisses and Yummy Rainbow Jelly Beans and alone time...yeah, I know that doesn't exist for you Moms..but oh well, you are still the best:)

Michael

Edited by Rocketcnj

I have to dissagree with Mark, after all the kid is 16! What about Eddie? Where did he get his degree from? The Space Acadamy? College of the Redwoods? Rutgers? The kids screaming for what he wants and Eddie has his head up his ass. Even his S/O , the Phyciatrist, is telling him what to do. I guess someone has to f**k Eddie with no lube for an hour.

How many chapters is it going to take to finally open the box? Maybe we should have a poll on this! BTW, has anyone else noticed that most of Dom's top guys are Blonde? Even Aaron is somewhat itelligent but he is almost blonde. Eddie must be brunette. Way to go Dom equal oportunity writting here!

Finally we have the bitch Granny not giving the box to Rory when she was supose to.

The letter was great as was the rest of the chapter. Keep up the great work Dom.

Robb

Guest spit_it_out4101

Okay, so I hope no one has written this already, but I would've liked to have seen Rory f*ck with Eddie's, Jason's and Luke's heads. That woulda been pretty cool.

Like, Rory could've started teasing Luke (sexually, I mean) or asking Eddie and Jase all sorts of difficult questions and putting them in as many tricky/trying situations and senarios as possible.

I dunno. It's just a thought. But I did love the chapter. A lot. So that's why I felt so pissed off to discover the way that it was left to be continued. :D

By the way, can you get in trouble for swearing in here? The rules are pretty strict concerning offensive stuff, eh?

Am I the only one who could hear Dezi Arrnez in the backround saying "Lucy you got some splaning to do."

Hehh there is already a redemptive quality in Rory though I'm sure many missed it. And he is all about himself, but who else does he have to care for? His dad not really a dad yet is he. His grandmother, maybe but she isn't around and likes to keep things from him. He cares anyways though, besides he is just like his father....

Psst good story, and Dan gem Dom into some dark comedy of some sort its awful bright around these parts.

I can understand your feeling the way you do about Rory.  However, I happen to like Rory. 

Other than being his point of view, he is acting the exact same way as the rest of the main characters.  He is a great example of being a product of his evironment and surroundings.

His mother was selfish.  She wasn't honest with him and Eddie and kept secrets.  Grandma Alice also is selfish (just hangs up whenever she is done etc), and she too kept secrets from Rory (the letter from his mother for example) and Eddie.  Eddie certainly is selfish, whether its out of fear or confusion, and is keeping things from Rory, as are Jase and Luke.

The whole family is the same with keeping secrets and being selfish and self centered.  Rory has learned what to do from them all.  That doesn't make what he is doing and has done right, but it is no worse than what everyone else has done to him and to each other.  All the characters should either be given the same condemnation because they all act the same way to each other, or they all should be forgiven and have allowances made for the way they behave.

Tom,

You said it much better than I could. There is no one here without blame. Rory is only 16 and is acting his age. God knows 16 year olds can be a pain in the ass, careless, self centered and just dumb sometimes. I think that the adults bear the lion's share of the guilt here.

I just wanted to highlight some of the parts of chap 8 that I found funny. Dom has this way of slipping in a line or sometimes just a word or phrase that has the effect of defusing a tense or anxious moment. There were certainly a few of those in chap 8.

I love to laugh. My plan is to die laughing. :D The instructions to my mortician are to leave the smile on my face. Given my age and Dom's, that shouldn't be a problem. Btw, Dom, that means you have to keep doing what you do for at least another 20 years, hopefully more. That's not a problem, right? :P

Early in the chapter, Rory is thinking to himself, "And my grandma! I bet Alice knew about this. Nasty old woman..." :lmao: This thought truly captured Rory's frustration at being once again the last one to know something that significantly impacted on his life. I loved it!

Shortly after Rory and Aaron returned to the house, we get the following, " 'Rory,' Aaron

I endorse the "Rory is only 16, give him a break" viewpoint. Moreover, he is an only child, and we all know how self-centered they are, even when they haven't just lost the only parent they have ever known.

What about Eddie? He finds out that he has a son he has never known, who will not talk to him and otherwise exhibits contempt and disdain for him. On top of everything else, he is supposed to mention that he is gay? Understandable that that fact is not something he wants to lead with....however, the longer he waits, the harder it becomes to tell. Jase had it right....let him know as soon as possible.

Alice? It is late and I can think of no benign motivations....except that she is a woman of discretion. Perhaps, she did not think that she had the right to reveal secrets that weren't hers to share? How refreshing is that? To find someone who minds her own business and can keep a secret!

Where can we find more people like her?

notTed