[DomLuka] desert dropping ch. 8

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since the other dd was hijacked i thought i'd make this one.  :P

waiting for the next chapter still. when's it coming dom? please tell me we find out what's in the package this time :(

JC

Im betting no.. There will be a big drama at the courthouse or maybe Aaron will drive off in a huff with the package still in his car. But whatever it is the package WONT be opened until chapter 12!

Isnt that one of the best parts of being the author? torturing the readers? :devil:

and you guys dont like cliffhangers pfft

Im betting no..  There will be a big drama at the courthouse or maybe Aaron will drive off in a huff with the package still in his car.  But whatever it is the package WONT be opened until chapter 12!
Courthouse? You're assuming that they even get there :) And I'd be surprised if the package is opened by Chapter 12. At the rate it's going, it'd be like chapter 21 :)

The title of this thread was cruel! I thought that chapter 8 got posted after I went to bed last night. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was not.

I do wonder what is in the package and hope that we find out in the next chapter or two. However, I am more interested in how Rory will react to the information that Aaron provided. So, for me, the package is best left on the backburner for now.

CHAPTER 8!!! ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHH!!!!

Don't read on if you haven't read 8....

So Rory opens the package, and while we find out about part of what's inside, there are still more secrets!!!! More unknowns! What's in Eddie's letter, what's in the birthday present box. Figures, a box within a box! Since I'm a pessimist, this is definitely a case of 'glass half empty'. And of course a cliffy at the end.

Actually, I'm glad it is going to come to a head. While reading the chapter, I assumed that Rory wasn't going to tell them he knew that they were all gay. Thank goodness for Jase!!!

ARGGGHHHH AGAIN!!!! I hate this!!!!

Vic The Domaholic

P.S. - Great chapter by the way. :2thumbs::2thumbs: No matter how well I prepare myself for the possibilities, Dom still manages to surprise.

• Site Administrator

Good Chapter... but you left it there?! GRRRRRRR :mace:

Super chapter, Dom. :D

I cried all the way through the letter from Rory's mom. Owhatawussiam! Then again, it's a good thing to keep the tear ducts well flushed. I'm convinced that people who don't cry get frequent eye infections. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :P

Rory's mom said everything she needed to say in that letter. Her love for him, her pride in the young man he was and the man he was becoming, all the joy and happiness he had brought to her life, her belief that she had been able to make him happy, her enduring love for his father, her encouragement that Rory give Eddie a chance and her apology and acknowledgement around her error in judgement.

She truly made her peace with Rory, a peace that Rory can understand and accept.

I have a great deal more to say, but I'm going to stop here. I'm trying to break my habit of describing every emotion I went through in loving detail....not to mention every nuance, every funny part, every possible outcome from here on in, yada, yada, yada.... :wacko:

Oh, you're still going to get it all, it's just that it'll be in digestible doses this time. 0:)

Hugs,

Conner

Arrrggghhh!!!!

Great chapter, but STILL so many unanswerd questions.

The letter is a great piece of writing, really pulled the heart strings.

why the hell won't they just speak to each other......

Dom you killing us!

oh and great refrence to the cactus!

Dave

xx

p.s off to read it again to look for clues :P

Dom,

This was an excellent chapter, and I found it very fitting. I just felt certain Rory would be angry with Eddie for not telling him... regardless that he had not told his father anything, either. And, he had a right to be. The secrets can hurt, especially if you feel outside the loop... just as Rory obviously does.

I was tickled that Rory did not put together the fact that Luke was not his cousin until Aaron had to spell it out for him... and the way he was talking makes me doubt that Luke and Aaron had much if any of a sexual past together. I think Rory is like many of us when it comes to our own lives and is oblivious to all the clues around him. That proved to be true once again, and it is part of why Rory is so lovable... even if you want to slap him sometimes... LOL!

I love the way he decided to handle things with the picture, and I could totally follow his logic... but, as is often the case in a logical plan, it did not go exactly the way he intended. Hmm, it will definitely be much more interesting this way.

Well, when all said and done, the date Rory and Luke will hopefully still take should prove to be much more interesting, too! At least, he did get Aaron out of the house. He may be drawn to him somewhat, but it is my belief that Aaron is not good for him... sorta flirting with danger. And, the way he yelled at Rory like he did, followed by Rory's feeling inferior to him, only proves this. I don't think persuing Aaron will result in a healthy relationship, only heartache and abuse... just my thoughts on that one.

Excellent chapter, though now we wait on pins and needles until the next one is posted! Thanks for sharing your talent and this story!

Love and Peace,

Solace

Let me say this: I don't like Rory.

I don't like the self-centered selfishness, I don't like the evilness behind him opening the package on his own, and I especially don't like him hiding his mother's letter to Eddie from his father.

That last act alone, would earn him being packed up and sent off to Grandma Alice with firm instructions 'Don't call us, we'll call you, you little spoiled brat piece of shite!"

Let me say this:  I don't like Rory.

I don't like the self-centered selfishness, I don't like the evilness behind him opening the package on his own, and I especially don't like him hiding his mother's letter to Eddie from his father.

That last act alone, would earn him being packed up and sent off to Grandma Alice with firm instructions 'Don't call us, we'll call you, you little spoiled brat piece of shite!"

I'm with you on this one DK. I'm secretly hoping he runs off into the desert throwing one of his tantrums and gets bit by 3 rattlesnakes and stung by 4 scorpions, and suffers a violent, painful death. Damn, that could be straight out of one of your stories.

My other fantasy involves Luke finally getting pissed enough at him that he gives him a hard right hook, knocks him on the grown, and then f**ks him for an hour with no lube. I think that might change his attitude.

Naw, then we'd hear him whine for a few chapters about getting raped and not being sure if he liked it or not or whether Luke was doing it out of anger or because Luke really cared for him...

*sigh*

Sorry Dom, you've managed to create a character I DON'T like, but will continue to read hoping the Service contact will affect your writing while knowing it really won't.

*even bigger sigh*

I DO hope to see Eddie lose his cool and tell his son he needs to grow up beyond being a six-year old spoiled brat once he finds out Rory hid that second letter. Rory doesn't seem to realize the people around him are human beings with real feelings too. I even feel sorry for Aaron because of the way Rory used him. It is my hope Aaron sees what a USER Rory is and decides to warn Luke, who actually listens to him and keeps Rory at arms length.

That kid is trouble and I wouldn't let him in the door knowing what I know about him now.

Rory is a 16 year old boy. In case we have all forgotten, irrational thinking is something a 16 year old does alot.

Why did he take Eddie's letter? He wants Eddie to tell him the truth without being prompted to do so by a letter. That is not too much to ask from a parent.

If anyone is being selfish in this story, it is Eddie. He should have come clean and told Rory the truth at the beginning instead of forcing Jase and Luke into the closet in their own house!

I had to wait to read this one because between little sleep last night and a head stuffed up by allergies, even though I saw it had been posted, I wanted to be able to enjoy reading it.

Now after two good cups of coffee and a lot of sunlight, I was clear enough to read it, and am sooo glad I waited. This REALLY was a GREAT chapter - possibly tieing with TLW Ch 10 - ie, "This is a date").

First of all - best line:

"Will you just stop acting like a little bitch?" he shouted at me, and both his words and his voice made me jump.

In the diner - BOTH Rory and Aaron's reactions are so believable and fit in with everything I picture them to be. Aaron couldn't believe Rory didn't already know.

Gack - soooo many things to think about with this chapter, heck, with this story as a whole. And the word that keeps floating at the top of my mind is "Redemption."

Mom's letter was fantastic. I expected that Eddie telling her he was gay was the reason for hiding the pregnancy. But she's redeemed - it was also that Eddie met a boy and she didn't want to ruin his life, the life of her best friend.

Then there's Alice. Her actions of 16 years ago now make more sense and I can see why she went along with her daughter. But fast forward, and I want Rory to call her up and yell at her. But I have a guess - she has her own redemption :)

I can see her hiding the letters until now because she felt it was more important for Eddie and Rory to be honest with each other. After 16 years, they need a good strong relationship, and rather than create an artificial tie (ie, they're both gay), she wants them to have one based on meeting each other, and learning to confide in each other. There is no future in relationship with his mom - she had 16 years to tell him the truth, so while the letter will make him feel better about his mom, hearing it directly from Eddie serves the better long term purpose. Or.... she's just a bitch and decided to wait for some caprious reason ;-)

Rory - ya, he's a user, and DOESN'T DESERVE Aaron. I can't wait to see the developement of that relationship. And even though Rory has a lot of growing up to do, and Aaron has his own redemption to go through, I am now solidly convinced that is the relationship I want to see :) Aaron, for better or worse, really cares about Rory. I love how even Rory understands that Aaron is the voice of reason - something sorely needed in his life. Jase SHOULD have been that - but he is too busy trying not to blow up at Eddie and give Eddie time.

As to hiding the letters - it's one of the few minor things I agree with Rory. He needs to hear it directly from Eddie. Of course, his past behavior has made that hard, but he is a scared/angry kid who has been constantly lied to. But that also shows WHY Eddie should stop being scared himself to tell the truth. He already has the potential to lose Rory permanently at the end of the summer, and there is no where for Rory to go before then - so he needs to just be a man and do the right thing.

Now while I don't mind him hiding the letters, I don't think he should have left the room when they talked about the package. Reinforce he doesn't like the lies, reinforce he wants to hear things from Eddie... Ie - GIVE Eddie a real chance to do the right thing. Course if Eddie calms down enough and trusts Jase, he still has a chance before the end of the night - especially if Luke helps give him the nudge by mentioning Rory's "I

I had to wait to read this one because between little sleep last night and a head stuffed up by allergies, even though I saw it had been posted, I wanted to be able to enjoy reading it.

Now after two good cups of coffee and a lot of sunlight, I was clear enough to read it, and am sooo glad I waited.  This REALLY was a GREAT chapter - possibly tieing with TLW Ch 10 - ie, "This is a date").

First of all - best line:

"Will you just stop acting like a little bitch?" he shouted at me, and both his words and his voice made me jump.

In the diner - BOTH Rory and Aaron's reactions are so believable and fit in with everything I picture them to be. Aaron couldn't believe Rory didn't already know.

Gack - soooo many things to think about with this chapter, heck, with this story as a whole. And the word that keeps floating at the top of my mind is "Redemption."

Mom's letter was fantastic. I expected that Eddie telling her he was gay was the reason for hiding the pregnancy. But she's redeemed - it was also that Eddie met a boy and she didn't want to ruin his life, the life of her best friend.

Then there's Alice. Her actions of 16 years ago now make more sense and I can see why she went along with her daughter. But fast forward, and I want Rory to call her up and yell at her. But I have a guess - she has her own redemption :)

I can see her hiding the letters until now because she felt it was more important for Eddie and Rory to be honest with each other. After 16 years, they need a good strong relationship, and rather than create an artificial tie (ie, they're both gay), she wants them to have one based on meeting each other, and learning to confide in each other. There is no future in relationship with his mom - she had 16 years to tell him the truth, so while the letter will make him feel better about his mom, hearing it directly from Eddie serves the better long term purpose. Or.... she's just a bitch and decided to wait for some caprious reason ;-)

Rory - ya, he's a user, and DOESN'T DESERVE Aaron. I can't wait to see the developement of that relationship. And even though Rory has a lot of growing up to do, and Aaron has his own redemption to go through, I am now solidly convinced that is the relationship I want to see :) Aaron, for better or worse, really cares about Rory. I love how even Rory understands that Aaron is the voice of reason - something sorely needed in his life. Jase SHOULD have been that - but he is too busy trying not to blow up at Eddie and give Eddie time.

As to hiding the letters - it's one of the few minor things I agree with Rory. He needs to hear it directly from Eddie. Of course, his past behavior has made that hard, but he is a scared/angry kid who has been constantly lied to. But that also shows WHY Eddie should stop being scared himself to tell the truth. He already has the potential to lose Rory permanently at the end of the summer, and there is no where for Rory to go before then - so he needs to just be a man and do the right thing.

Now while I don't mind him hiding the letters, I don't think he should have left the room when they talked about the package. Reinforce he doesn't like the lies, reinforce he wants to hear things from Eddie... Ie - GIVE Eddie a real chance to do the right thing. Course if Eddie calms down enough and trusts Jase, he still has a chance before the end of the night - especially if Luke helps give him the nudge by mentioning Rory's "I

Its funny, only yesterday I hated Aaron, I wanted him just go away and leave rory and luke to it...

Now after reading chapter 8, im thinking, even with Aarons past does rory deserve him, sure he's out to Aaron but let's face it he's being a little brat with everyone else. I can see how he'd feel knowing the truth about his dad, but hiding the letter from his mom, a chance to clear the air once and for all, is all but unforgivable.... some one needs to plant this boy on his favorite cactus to teach him a lesson! Having said that im sure chapter 9 will have us all loving him again! :P

I don't think he ever meant to intimidate - but the yelling, after an hour (or more) of being used (drive me here, leave your food and drive me there, leave me now)....

Remember, he thought they were going to be able to talk - and I think in Aaron's mind, that meant talk about them. So after doing almost everything Rory demanded, he still doesn't get his talk - just a curt dismissal like he's a servant - or worse, like trash... :(

Let me say this:  I don't like Rory.

I think I'll disagree with this just a little bit. Don't forget the timeframe -- it's only been a few months since his mom died, and it's been two weeks since Rory actually met Eddie and company. In that time he's gone from thinking he's being shipped off to this guy who abandoned his mother before he was born and who his mom apparently cared so little about that she never talked of him, to finding that his father didn't even know he existed, to finding his dad actively lied to him, along the way finding that both his mother and grandmother knowingly lied to him as well.

The whole foundation for his world's been ripped out and replaced, parts of it several times. He's scared, off balance, and desperately needs the people that he's supposed to rely on, the people who've turned out to be actively unreliable, to step up, fess up, and give him some solid footings he can trust.

'Course, the fact that his behaviour's understandable and reasonable doesn't make him particularly sympathetic -- he desperately needs a good smack. But, then, so does Eddie, and his grandmother needs a good whack with a two-by-four. Eddie's deception's not that unreasonable, since he assumed Rory was straight (a good guess unless you know you're in the middle of a piece of internet fiction) and would probably be at least unsettled knowing his dad was married to another guy, and wanting to build some relationship before dropping that bomb's not out of line. Grandma, though... no real excuse for what she's doing, not that I can see.