Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

A Father's Son by Mark Arbour

• Site Administrator

An interesting story, and one that I felt contained a number of points that made it deeper than it first appeared (at least to me).

One was the comment about changing from Super Dork to Super Twink. Being Super Twink was clearly a big buzz for the narrator, giving him some self-esteem that was clearly missing in the rest of his life. Some of that self-esteem may have carried over into his 'other' life, but would it be enough to outweigh the downside of Super Twink, where he is, in effect, a lump of meat that other want? Highly desirable meat, maybe, and very popular, but is the boost it gives the narrator more illusion than reality?

Then there are his parents. At first glance, it seems like a career driven father and a despondent mother, contributing to the narrators self-esteem problems, but once we get to the end of the story, I had to wonder if the father's behaviour was known to the mother and contributing to her numbness. As someone who knows of others in that situation, I'm aware that sometimes the mother does suffer in the attempt to keep a marriage together, if she's aware of her husband's double-life.

Finally, I noticed that while he considered himself to be Super Twink, the others he encountered 'ordered' him to do things and he obeyed, even if he really didn't want to. Was it the fact that people paid attention to him and that was enough for him to feel good and didn't really notice how they were treating him?

As for the ending... I don't want to even speculate on what happened next :P

Well done, Mark! :2thumbs:

Edited by Graeme

Loved this, & yeah, sure different than the coming out I had with my Dad! lol.

Picking up on the point of two different egos as it were, thought that was particularly well written. I think we all have a couple in us somewhere, but the character's were obviously more pronounced. He goes from being a geek in the day, to almost a super stud when he goes to the bath house. He enjoys the power he has, even if it is only short lived. And yeah, great twist at the end! :D

All in all, excellent piece.

LOL!

Well, given the name I did suspect the eventual outcome. It was certainly amusing though and one can't help but to feel sorry for the narrator.

It just goes to prove that as I always say, when it comes to sex it's best to be able to see what you're doing.

Good story, Mark :)

-Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
And no Jeremy, it wasn't biographical...more fantasy...you and me.

I need to process this for a moment.

Anyways, Connor, you make a great point about what was going on with his mother...interesting.

:lol: nice story and very well written :worship: . Mark's writing skill is wonderful, as usual !

And this story is a lesson too : when you "haunt" bathhouses, never go to glory holes.

It remembers me a funny experience I made myself long ago at the bar in such an house in Paris. A well acquainted man happened to be there. I thought he was straight and he had the same opinion of me :rolleyes: . After the first moment of astonishment, we were both laughing about ourselves and then enjoyed both together the meeting :P .

• 2 months later...

My prediction is, he is not going to want to continue to f**k his father - now that he sees him.

There's some deep aversion, presumably, to hinder that particular incest.

By the way, there's also another thing, between siblings who have grown together when 0..8 yrs old, that one has the name Westermarck effect.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..