The Perks of Loving You

There once were two puppies that lived happily in a wooden cabin... and Fishwings blasted his way in, bagged both of the frolicking animals, and dognapped them home for his own devious enjoyment.

Great chapter Camilo : D. The twist at the end was pretty interesting, I'm waiting anxiously for the next chapter. You know, I keep wondering how hard Coach is gonna work Casey when he gets back, hehe...

I like puppies... soft ones with little pink noses. I love to play with them and kiss them and... *sigh* Okay your two little puppies are finally sniffing around each other instead of chasing their own tails... question is whethere they are going to start chasing anyone else's tail :P

Cliffhanger, Cam!!! Grrrr!!! I can't wait to see how Casey reacts to Amy's announcement. When do we get to hear his thoughts? It sounds a little like he's admitting things to himself ...

I continued to gaze at him, hearing his soft breaths. I leaned towards him and lowered my head until I was a short distance from his lips. I felt his warm breath against my face as I continued to gaze into his blissful expression. I laid my lips on his. I felt his warm breath graze my lips as he slowly exhaled. I lifted my lips from his. His lips feel....they feel...

I moved away until I was in my own sleeping bag, where I looked back toward Luca, but he was still asleep. I took a deep breath and stood up, walked to the bathroom and turned the shower on. I undressed and entered the shower, feeling the water flow down. His lips...they felt...sigh, they felt...they felt so right.

I can't say much more then the four folks who beat me here *spent the day with a sick and annoying cousin* but I wanted to stop in anyway. The puppy anology was very cute and very creative and the ghost stories had me laughing, except that first one which left me slightly confused lol but it was good none the less.

I agree with Nephy and Amelia the most, i can't wait to see what Case does with the whole 'I'm a lesbian" and 'he just came out so be nice' things. I'm looking forward to a nice big freak out on Casey's part, but I hope it works out well.

best Wishes,

NightOwl.

Your twinkle fairy is back!! (I think I've said this to you so tell me when it gets old.)

I agree with what has been said so far. The puppy was cute and the ghost stories were quite funny.

Casey seems to be getting much of the attention as of now, as he probably should. The whole 'he just came out' thing, though not totally unexpected, was shocking. I wonder if anything will happen to Luca though, when he spends that entire week alone.

Your twinkle fairy is back!! (I think I've said this to you so tell me when it gets old.)

I agree with what has been said so far. The puppy was cute and the ghost stories were quite funny.

Casey seems to be getting much of the attention as of now, as he probably should. The whole 'he just came out' thing, though not totally unexpected, was shocking. I wonder if anything will happen to Luca though, when he spends that entire week alone.

Luca isn't his usual confident, assertive self when it comes to his own sexuality. A week apart from Casey will be almost unbearable for him.

You are right about Cammy's twinkle fairy. It's in its usual good form. We need to keep it awake and busy, inspiring the next chapter.

• 4 weeks later...

Camilo, I just discovered your story, and I truly enjoyed it. In another setting the competition between Casey and Luca would have annoyed me, but here it really serves the purpose of the story, so my early hesitations quickly faded away. All the characters ring true, from Casey's mother to the newly-introduced Amy, and the storyline definitely seems to be going somewhere interesting. I love the way you hint at the characters' feelings. Many things are felt but left unsaid (or unrecognized).

Anyway... can't wait for the next chapters. Posted Image

I just finished reading The Perks of Loving You, and WOW, it was great.

The writing was fantastic, I loved the subtle nuances that evolved into the reader catching on to Lucas feelings (before he

announced them) for casey. And Casey's attraction to Lucas (well, that may be less subtle) but still really well writtten.

I love how both Casey and Lucas can be a bit egotistical at times but they are still both extremely sweet and caring, and although

Casey comes off as this totally happy person he is harboring a deep sadness, something that he hasn't faced yet.

I can't wait to find out what happens next? Will Casey face his feelings? How is Lucas holding up, alone in the cabin?

When will you post next? Soon, I hope.

Also it would be interesting to read the same story through Luca's perspectives, it just seems like there are enough parts in the

story where the reader can really grasp and understand what Luca is going through, and assume what he is thinking.

Keep up the good work. I hope to read more soon.

Also it would be interesting to read the same story through Luca's perspectives, it just seems like there are enough parts in the

story where the reader can really grasp and understand what Luca is going through, and assume what he is thinking.

Keep up the good work. I hope to read more soon.

If I recall the story as Camilo wrote it, Lucas had several instances where the story was presented from his POV.

Yes, PLEASE!!! POST MORE!!!

And this is also a reply to KJ James comment on my review.

I did recognize the few moments where Luca's POV was written, but I am talking like full on Luca's POV, like whole chapters or even the whole story through Luca's POV. I just think it would

work really well.

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't distract him so much so he gets to writing more Posted Image .....Nah, he's to much fun! :PPosted Image

Grrrrr!!! No more Boston weekends for the two of you until we get at least 2 chapters of Perks...

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't distract him so much so he gets to writing more Posted Image .....Nah, he's to much fun! :PPosted Image

Come to California and I will keep you busy while Camy is writing :devil: Edited by Tommy_B
  • 2 months later...

Great chapter 12, Cammy. Casey is beginning to learn a lot about himself. I did miss the face to face interaction between Casey and Luca that you had in earlier chapters; the phone call wasn't a very good substitute for that.

I find I have one thing in common with Luca. I don't like coconut either.

Edited by MikeL