Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Favorite CAP Series character

Tiger

Favorite CAP character  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite CAP character?

• JP
    • Stefan
    • Brad
    • Robbie
    • Marcel
    • Max
    • Isadore
    • Claire
    • Matt
    • Other (please specify)

Again another difficult decision JP and Wade are my favorites followed by Brad, and Stefan and then Jeff. Sorry guys but I still like Jeff. Its still sad that he was lost along the way.

I'd like to make this observation about Jeff. I think many of us lost someone like him along the way. For me, it made me a stronger, and somewhat sadder person. It's sometimes hard to focus on the good, happy memories, but how cool, that even in a fictional story, you can do that, and still like him.wub.gif

• Like 1

Jeff, the Jeff who comes through the bedroom slide glass patio door and brings JP love. It's that Jeff. I believe Jeff brought JP out of his shell and helped him to love. Of all JP lovers maybe Jeff came the closest to total happiness. Only Stef comes the closest. I have a person in my life who reminds me of Jeff. His problem isn't drugs but drink, hopefully not with the same end. That part isn't written yet.

• 1 month later...

Aside from Brad's dick, I think his wavy, thick, lustrous reddish brown hair and green eyes are just dreamy.biggrin.gif I love guys with thick, wavy hair. So what would you guys say are some of Brad's most memorable moments?

Two words. Fisting Neil. Man, that was awesome, in a gross way but nevertheless awesome.king.gif

Aside from Brad's dick, I think his wavy, thick, lustrous reddish brown hair and green eyes are just dreamy.biggrin.gif I love guys with thick, wavy hair. So what would you guys say are some of Brad's most memorable moments?

Two words. Fisting Neil. Man, that was awesome, in a gross way but nevertheless awesome.king.gif

Yeah....turning the tables on Neil was fantastic! One of the best, if not the single best, scenes in the whole series! The other would be when Matt Carrswold called some school whore a skank in front of a whole bunch of students after she called him a faggot!laugh.gif

• 6 months later...

I just finished Be Rad after going through CAP and the Land Whore and I am still pretty pissed off at Brad. I think he is a totally self absorbed, self centered, spoiled beeatch. Yeah maybe by Chapter 40 he had started to turn a corner, but for 39 chapters he was hypocritical, self righteous and a general pain in the ass.

I liked the Stefan of CAP and 1968. I didn't like the flamey, femme him. In the first two stories he was feline, sexy, French..... then he became a typical over the top Hollywood fag.

I think Jeff is my favorite character so far and Sam my least favorite. Although if I can have a minor character as a fave, then maybe Mouse, I really liked him and Greg seems pretty normal and the kind of guy that would be fun to run with and maybe because he didn't seem as slutty as the rest.

Edited by PrivateTim
  • 1 month later...

I like Wade on the principle that he's actually of a higher class than the Cramptons/Schluters, which is pretty hard to pull off. They're blue-bloods in terms of Ohio and California, but the Danfields came over on the Mayflower. It's not like he ever lords that over them, but it's kinda funny to be reminded that the Cramptons aren't nearly as powerful as the Danfields are. I'm guessing the Danfields are based on the Bush family?

As for Brad...geez, Tim. You've got an interesting way of intrepreting things. Not that it's' bad, just really different from the usual consensus we have on Brad.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to answer JP, from those listed he is the one person that has always been there and done what had to be done to protect the family and secure the future. I can say that while I like Brad, Stef, Matt, Jeff, etc... that Tonto is the only other person in the story that I wholeheartedly loved and admired... That is the only major mistep that Mark ever made for me, the fact that Tonto didn't get the send off that she deserved. I actually stopped reading the series for a while when it was announced she died, I felt this was done rather flippantly and never was handled in a way that befitted a character of her importance. Of course, I could not stay away but to this day, that is the one false step in this series. I didn't have an issue with her death, she was elderly and had led a great life but the whole way of her death just passing by never felt right to me...

:( :( :(

I had to answer JP, from those listed he is the one person that has always been there and done what had to be done to protect the family and secure the future. I can say that while I like Brad, Stef, Matt, Jeff, etc... that Tonto is the only other person in the story that I wholeheartedly loved and admired... That is the only major mistep that Mark ever made for me, the fact that Tonto didn't get the send off that she deserved. I actually stopped reading the series for a while when it was announced she died, I felt this was done rather flippantly and never was handled in a way that befitted a character of her importance. Of course, I could not stay away but to this day, that is the one false step in this series. I didn't have an issue with her death, she was elderly and had led a great life but the whole way of her death just passing by never felt right to me...

:( :( :(

You assume that her death has been skipped forever? Really? I've flashed back before.

It had to have happened somewhere between the fall of 1991 (which is where A Summer Love ends) and the spring of 1995 (which is where If It Fits begins.) I didn't really mind Tonto dying off-book...there are gap years, and we can't be with these characters EVERY year.

Maybe when JJ has his own story, he can have a flashback to his great-grandmother dying when he was about six years old, in 1992? He's already got lots of family stuff to deal with, so why not add a flashback about that? I kinda like the idea of it being one of Brad's kids remembering her death, which occurred in their childhood.

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely a Hayes fan! Jeff, Robbie, Matt & Aaron!

I think it's because I fell in love with Jeff at first. I even skipped the last few chapters of 1968 because I just can't get myself to read the downfall of his character.

But then Robbie came along and I fell in love with him then. I hope he survives with Brad till the end!

I'd like for Robbie to die a heroic death trying to save one of his kids in 9/11. Or maybe when the family decides to vacation around the Indian Ocean for Christmas 2004...

Edited by methodwriter85

I'd like for Robbie to die a heroic death trying to save one of his kids in 9/11. Or maybe when the family decides to vacation around the Indian Ocean for Christmas 2004...

I'd cry if Robbie dies. Though I think the author kind of likes the Hayes too since he always brings them back, so I'm fine as long as Hayes get their screen time.

Wouldn't it be cool if Robbie dies honorably and Brad ends up with Matt?! I'd love that.

I'd cry if Robbie dies. Though I think the author kind of likes the Hayes too since he always brings them back, so I'm fine as long as Hayes get their screen time.

Wouldn't it be cool if Robbie dies honorably and Brad ends up with Matt?! I'd love that.

I'd have hit squads after me if I did that.

Well I nearly sent an hit squad after you when Jeff died... Especially when out of a sudden he just acted evil! (jk) *wink*

But I'm still bitter about it until today! LOL

Well you can make it such that robbie dies from an honorable death saving Brad. And Brad goes into deep depression, and finds solace in Matt. And Matt doesn't mind providing solace to the man he loevs even though he knows that he might just be loved because he reminds Brad of Robbie.. awww... LOL

But of course, I assume you'd know that, for an author, having readers sending hit squads after you is amogst the biggest form of flattery - just means that your characters affect them so much to incite such strong emotions. :2thumbs:

Edited by bryan90

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..