How did you come up with your screen name?

Camilo

An artificial sweetener? Wooohhh... So unsweet. XD That's better than "Equal" though.

My username is catchy eh? I guess I am just a person stuck in the past. Everytime I went home, I still expect him to run to me, put his strong paws on my shoulders and lick my cheeks. That's his way of greeting. Sometimes, I still imagine that plushy as him. We used to sleep on the same bed, until he started shedding his hair and he was forbidden in my room (mama's orders unfortunately). Still, we are closer than brothers. Let's just say that if he and my little brother were in trouble, I'd go to my dog first. Although I'm hoping I won't be in a situation that could lead to that. The choice would still be hard to make.

Though some would want to slap me and yell for me to move on, I guess I just can't. He's the only one I turn to when I am depressed. And the connection we developed will not be easily severed.

Yes, and of questionable benefits to one's health! Equal? :< Maybe it's best that I don't know what that is. XD

Quite catchy. It just sort of rolls off the tongue. Hmm, well, I'm sure that we have all had our most special friends, be it animal or person. I feel that when we remember our pleasant memories with them, it reminds us of the true happiness in life, and that there will be more to come. ^.^

I know that you'll never forget your dear Choppy. Although you will never be able to completely replace him, I hope you find a new puppy soon who'll touch you in a similar way. :)

Yes, and of questionable benefits to one's health! Equal? :< Maybe it's best that I don't know what that is. XD

Quite catchy. It just sort of rolls off the tongue. Hmm, well, I'm sure that we have all had our most special friends, be it animal or person. I feel that when we remember our pleasant memories with them, it reminds us of the true happiness in life, and that there will be more to come. ^.^

I know that you'll never forget your dear Choppy. Although you will never be able to completely replace him, I hope you find a new puppy soon who'll touch you in a similar way. :)

Equal is a devious little brand of "aspartame". I haven't tried it myself. But my grandma used it a lot. I don't even see the point. She can just use sugar.

Yeah, I guess you're right. It does glides off the tongue rather naturally. And I do hope you're right. Remembering his disappearance still aches my heart. Though I wouldn't be close-minded enough that I will bar any kind of new relationship (be it a dog, human, etc.), I guess it would still take some time before I'd stop comparing every canine to him.

• 2 months later...

Rakuten06 came to my head, Rakuten from a professional Japanese baseball team expansion, Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles. and 06 is the year I started to use it, so... yeah simple and sweet lol :P

Tenebrae is Latin for "shadow" and since I tend to stay in the background unless something connects with me, it fits.

It would be cool if it was like... Tenebrae Umbra. So hot. Both mean shadow ;)

Because most of my life has spent reading everything from novels to comics. Comics were really one of the first things I could afford to buy and well been a fan of them ever since. Hence the nickname I choose.

That's a good ? I guess that friendship is better for the planet than fighting over everything and 7 is a lucky number. It's also NASA's first astronaut John glenn who orbited the earth. It wa first milestone for the USA. We beat the Russians to the moon and it was friendship that brought us together in peace above the battlefields of the planet.

YaP = Yet another Peter.. actually derived from Yacc = Yet another Compiler Compiler - which is a tool for programmers which is around almost as long as i do programming (i know.. its an insider joke nobody really gets... and i didnt even know "to yap" actually IS a verb when i came up with that screen name).

Eon because I'm taking the long view. At the time, one dog was dying of cancer, and I was deciding whether or not to get another. In the end, the well-being of my other dog decided matters. I'd never heard a dog sob before, until Rachel died, and Conor was left alone. He doesn't sob any more, since we got Anuva.

********************************************************************************************************

Since writing this, I changed my screen name to rustle. It's my given name. I'm just trying to be a bit truer to myself.

Edited by rustle
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Okay, my name is really K.C. Grim. Yes those are my initials for a truly awful name because my mother is just a freak, and no I’m not telling you what it is! I guess I wasn’t creative at all when the day I was registering for my GA account.:P

Okay, my name is really K.C. Grim. Yes those are my initials for a truly awful name because my mother is just a freak, and no I’m not telling you what it is! I guess I wasn’t creative at all when the day I was registering for my GA account.:P

Can we guess? :P

• 3 weeks later...

CassieQ is a shortened form of my full pen name, Cassiopeia Quinn. Cassiopeia is the protagonist from the first full length novel I ever wrote and Quinn is a shorter version of my first boyfriend's last name. I just liked the way it sounded.

MJ = my first two initials (aka my first and middle name), and [19]85 is the year I was born. Kind of a lazy way to come up with a screen name...but whatever. :P

Edited by MJ85

• Site Administrator

Posted Today, 01:20 PM

Well usually I go completely crazy and pick something new and exciting but this time I chose my name. Very unoriginal. I wonder if I can change it....Posted Image

Nope, you can't now. Once you are an author you can't change your name. Before you choose a group you have the ability to go into 'edit my profile' and change your name in the settings.