What movies creep you out every time you watch them?

I can't BELIEVE I forgot Paranormal Activity. I need to turn on every light between my room and the bathroom just so I can get out of bed and pee at night for days after I watch that movie. *shudders*

• 1 month later...

My scary creepy movie is It, and the puppet movies. particularly a scene where the drill puppet drills through a guys eye. Creepy as hell. Though there is something to be said for killer clowns being the most creepy thing ever, because they infect the normal clowns with creepy.

My scary creepy movie is It, and the puppet movies. particularly a scene where the drill puppet drills through a guys eye. Creepy as hell. Though there is something to be said for killer clowns being the most creepy thing ever, because they infect the normal clowns with creepy.

Holy crap! Someone else who saw the Puppet Master movies?! I LOVED those when I was a kid. I even went as Blade (the one with the hook and a knife for hands) for Halloween like two years in a row, lol. But yeah It gave me nightmares when I was a kid. A killer clown was like my worst fear.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has to be Amityville Horror. Partly because its the house and I live in a creepy old house. The other reason is its based on fact.The old one used to scare the crap out of me but the newest version? I bought thinking come on your a big lad now. 10 minutes later I turned it off and hung it out with the rest of not wanted DVD's to ward birds off my veggies LOL

The Muppet Show and Ghostbusters.

I'm not kidding. "Scary" movies don't bug me, but anything with muppets will have me anywhere from moderately uncomfortable to flipping out. Ghostbusters is the same way because the CGI is so tacky it's scary. First two times I watched it I ended up in someone's lap, haven't watched it since.

For me it was and still is Event Horizon. I can't put my finger on exactly why with that film but it is the only one to freak me out. Paranormal Activity just made me laugh, I thought Candyman was good.

When I was a teen though I found Arachnophobia a little creepy only because of the spiders.

It.

*shudders*

I hate that film so much. I mean, Clowns are creepy at the best of times, but It makes them terrifying.

Also, I love Asian horror films like The Eye, Ju-On and Ringu. They will always be scary. In fact, they're scarier than a lot of high-budget films I've seen because the low budgetness makes them cut and direct in a more indirect way, so you often don't see when someone gets eaten or similar. You just hear it instead, and your imagination fills in the gaps. That's what makes a horror film, Hollywood! :P

I'm kind of embarrassed to say this, but... The Brave Little Toaster. Does anybody else remember that movie? It was messed up. I don't know whether it was the whole sentient appliances thing, or the scene where the AC commits suicide, or the electric blanket's design, or the demon clown scene, but it traumatized me as a preschooler. ... And I think I just answered my own question. Even now I can't watch the film without sensing that somewhere, somehow, a microwave is going to come and kill me.

JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING.

• 2 months later...

I can't BELIEVE I forgot Paranormal Activity. I need to turn on every light between my room and the bathroom just so I can get out of bed and pee at night for days after I watch that movie. *shudders*

Haha, for real? I watched Paranormal activity 3 and it was sooooo boring. I'm never watching one of those movies again xD

The only thing that creeps me out are romantic comedies :s

I hate that kind of movies more than anything and avoid them under all costs.

Creep me out, Anything with Snakes in them...They make me jump every time... I HATE snakes.... though i dislike spiders more....and most parasitic bugs....

But there are shows i reffuse to watch: the Saw series, thought that's not scare so much as discusting gross, and good with mind games...

I usually won't watch the Freddy, or the Jason shows either.

• 2 weeks later...

Paranormal Activity scared me (I had to sleep with the TV on)! but two movies that really got to me was Fire in the Sky and Titus. Titus got to me so bad that I had to turn the movie off before it was over and I wouldn't even talk to anyone for several hours afterwards.

Mine has to be Amityville Horror. Partly because its the house and I live in a creepy old house. The other reason is its based on fact.The old one used to scare the crap out of me but the newest version? I bought thinking come on your a big lad now. 10 minutes later I turned it off and hung it out with the rest of not wanted DVD's to ward birds off my veggies LOL

I saw the old version of the Amityville horror when I was a little girl and all I could remember was the creature outside of the little girl's room and the blood running down the walls *shiver* Very creepy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I watched a Spanish Horror called The Orphanage. It's not a classic horror in that you see the bad guy/monster, you merely get a suggestion of evil. Oh My Gosh, I had goosebumps all over when the TV went black at the end. :/

I watched Alien when I was 15 and I couldn't go around in the dark for a while after that movie. Jeeeeesh.

And The Ring. That scene at the end sends shivers down my spine.

• Like 1

I watched a Spanish Horror called The Orphanage. It's not a classic horror in that you see the bad guy/monster, you merely get a suggestion of evil. Oh My Gosh, I had goosebumps all over when the TV went black at the end. Posted Image

Oh, my god, Spanish language films (not sure they're all Spanish) have raised suggestive creepiness to a high art form. There was Orphanage, and Thesis, and Atrocious and Rec.

But the first movie that came to my mind, before Yettie mentioned Orphanage, was Audition. Cree.Pee.

Edited by podga
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...