Celethiel's is Lenin.

And Mike's is Vaclav Havel.

Thanks for choosing Europeans, guys!!   :P

I will return with mine in a moment.

Václav Havel is correct.  Congratualtions!  I thought Paya would jump on that one.  Perhaps he is too busy.  :P

And I do believe Podga has chosen an American and that is music to my ears.  The uniform certainly doesn't look American.  Hmmm.

Edited by MikeL
  • Like 2

Oh Mikel you gave it away.  

I was thinking of some obscure european royalty from circa WWI and of course it is an American

who lead the US Marine Corps Band and wrote all those splendid military marches. 

John Phillip Sousa.  

• Like 2

*listens to the eerie silence ...*

In the event that Finn's suffered a similar fate to dingo baby :o  here's another poser :P

1439373046_10_xlarge.jpeg

Edited by Zombie

I was alluding to it, aye. 'Fraid I don't know enough about history's faces to throw answers in your faces without having... gotten help. ;D

Although, the rules don't particularly ban researching. >.>

Lindy and Azaria.

'Nyway, on new photo: Wow! So that's what someone looks like when they're not a symbol of misguided "politically-learned" teenagers! Guy looks totally different with a beard... and side-burns... and crazy hair.

Pretty sure these are terrible hints...

• Like 1

But I'm a dirty, dirty cheater! Plus, I didn't quite say who your guy is. :P

I don't think anyone will really guess him, though. That photo looks nothing like the man, and my hints are terrible--they point to pretty much every revolutionary ever. :P

Err, photograph, right.... guy on left:

k1rtqu.jpg

Edited by Finn

Václav Havel is correct.  Congratualtions!  I thought Paya would jump on that one.  Perhaps he is too busy.  :P

And I do believe Podga has chosen an American and that is music to my ears.  The uniform certainly doesn't look American.  Hmmm.

Sorry MikeL and everybody, I was travelling to CZ for Easter and visiting family, so I wasn't really online. I can see Václav Havel in it but I wouldn't have recognised him! :-o 

I cheat googled the other pictures where there wasn't a proper confirmation of who that was, I still think it should be done before posting a new picture. As well, I have no idea whatsoever what a dingo baby is or was.

Anyway, I will think of some nice picture for you to guess and I will wait after somebody recognises the guy with the comb-over. ;)

I cheat googled the other pictures where there wasn't a proper confirmation of who that was, I still think it should be done before posting a new picture. As well, I have no idea whatsoever what a dingo baby is or was.

Ouch! *gives self a smack :P*

OK, the dingo baby pic was ... actually if you just google "dingo baby" it's the first hit ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/12/dingo-baby-azaria-lindy-chamberlain

The next one - the one who looks like an unsympathetic debt collector - is Ernesto Lynch*

Hope you had a good time seeing your family :)

[*Che Guevara]

No clue, but I see comb-overs were already fashionable   :P

Indeed. The lad looks quite dashing. Sir side-burns is an American! A great American! A great, patriotic American! A great, patriotic American who kicked ass on the battlefield! A great, patrotic American who kicked ass on the battlefield for the wrong side!

Key word: wrong, not losing (though, they did do that too). I don't think America has been on the wrong side of history often... at least, not during the times th--oh wait, nevermind. The Mexican-American War. Yes, well... Well, let's leave it at that and see if anyone can pin him. >.>

To the pic of the woman with her kid, It made me think John Lennon or one of the Beetles and one of their kids...

To the next pic: *wants to play with his "Burnsides" (since that's what someone called them)

General Robert E. Lee before age started eating his burnsides? :P

• Like 1