what time is it at at your place and what you'd probably be doing

7:30 am Sunday morning and in a holding pattern for a horse show.  Who decided these things start your day at 5 am or earlier to sit around staring at your horse munching hay in a trailer for 3 hours while someone gets their act together?

9:25 a.m., I should be at my other house working, (cleaning, pulling up rugs, dealing with the ex, fun shit like that), but I'm playing hookey (hooky? hookie?), for a few hours.

Thank God it's Friday though! :)

• Like 2

It's 8 in the evening, and I have just had pizza and watched a fun episode of Have I Got News For You online, and now I shall play The Sims for a while. Just took some painkillers for my toothache, too.

You should get your toothache checked out if it's not better in a day or so, Thorn.  Not to be an alarmist, but it could be a sign of trouble.

You should get your toothache checked out if it's not better in a day or so, Thorn.  Not to be an alarmist, but it could be a sign of trouble.

I went to the dentist yesterday. It's a wisdom tooth growing the wrong way, and I've got an infection, so my jaw is all swollen and I have a hard time opening my mouth properly. My dentist put me on antibiotics and painkillers for a few days to take care of the infection, and so I'll be able to open my mouth properly and she won't have to force my jaw open when she takes it out, and I'm going back on Monday and having the thing pulled. It's already getting better because of the antibiotics.  :)

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1

I went to the dentist yesterday. It's a wisdom tooth growing the wrong way, and I've got an infection, so my jaw is all swollen and I have a hard time opening my mouth properly. My dentist put me on antibiotics and painkillers for a few days to take care of the infection, and so I'll be able to open my mouth properly and she won't have to force my jaw open when she takes it out, and I'm going back on Monday and having the thing pulled. It's already getting better because of the antibiotics.  :)

Good, I'm glad. :) I read this horrible (mostly true, I think), story from one of the GA authors about having a toothache that wound up being b/c of something else that was wrong and the poor kid needed surgery and it was touch and go for awhile. It was scary. It wasn't until then I realized that something going wrong in your mouth could be because there's an organ or body part that has an infection or something.

Just wanted to make sure one of my favorite fucking authors is gonna be ok. =) lol

• Like 1

Saturday morning 10 a m, eating breakfast and I am off to work soon.. It's raining and the skies are pewter grey, I don't mind working at all ;)

Edited by slytherin

Good, I'm glad. :) I read this horrible (mostly true, I think), story from one of the GA authors about having a toothache that wound up being b/c of something else that was wrong and the poor kid needed surgery and it was touch and go for awhile. It was scary. It wasn't until then I realized that something going wrong in your mouth could be because there's an organ or body part that has an infection or something.

Just wanted to make sure one of my favorite fucking authors is gonna be ok. =) lol

I'm one of your favourites?? That makes me feel so special, thank you! :hug:

And yeah, before I went to the dentist I was totally angsting out because there was this actor on Angel who actually died from a toothache that went untreated and I woke up with a bad taste in my mouth and was fully convinced for several minutes that I was going to die. :P Dentist told me it was all perfectly normal, though.

So, back on topic:

It's 1:47 pm and I'm sitting around procrastinating on GA because I feel like crap today. Considering pot noodle for dinner, because lazy.

• Like 1

I'm one of your favourites?? That makes me feel so special, thank you! :hug:

And yeah, before I went to the dentist I was totally angsting out because there was this actor on Angel who actually died from a toothache that went untreated and I woke up with a bad taste in my mouth and was fully convinced for several minutes that I was going to die. :P Dentist told me it was all perfectly normal, though.

So, back on topic:

It's 1:47 pm and I'm sitting around procrastinating on GA because I feel like crap today. Considering pot noodle for dinner, because lazy.

Yes, you are one of my favorites! I get giddy every time I see a new chapter and/or story up that you wrote! =) So you better take care of that tooth! That's probably why you feel like crap. Seems that when one thing hurts, it makes your whole body hurt.

Which actor from Angel died? Is that the spinoff of Buffy?

Oops, I guess I should answer the thread, lol: it's 2:04 p.m.,on a sunny but windy day and all the leaves I raked yesterday were for nada b/c the damn things keep falling off the damn trees! lol

I'm perusing GA and procrastinating b/c I should be editing "Knots"...

Yes, you are one of my favorites! I get giddy every time I see a new chapter and/or story up that you wrote! =) So you better take care of that tooth! That's probably why you feel like crap. Seems that when one thing hurts, it makes your whole body hurt.

Which actor from Angel died? Is that the spinoff of Buffy?

Oops, I guess I should answer the thread, lol: it's 2:04 p.m.,on a sunny but windy day and all the leaves I raked yesterday were for nada b/c the damn things keep falling off the damn trees! lol

I'm perusing GA and procrastinating b/c I should be editing "Knots"...

Yes, that's the Buffy spin-off. It was Andy Hallett, who played Lorne. He got cardiomyopathy as result of a dental infection. It weakened his heart and he died from congestive heart failure some five years later. Very sad. Lorne was one of my favourites. :(

It's 9:23 in the evening, and I just got home from watching Shappi Khorsandi's stand-up show. Watching HIGNFY and eating ice cream.

• Like 1

Yes, that's the Buffy spin-off. It was Andy Hallett, who played Lorne. He got cardiomyopathy as result of a dental infection. It weakened his heart and he died from congestive heart failure some five years later. Very sad. Lorne was one of my favourites. :(

It's 9:23 in the evening, and I just got home from watching Shappi Khorsandi's stand-up show. Watching HIGNFY and eating ice cream.

That's really sad. I think that's what this author's story was about. But obviously he/the character is ok after the surgery.

Now it's 5:35 p.m. and I'm going thru CD's and putting them on iTunes. Fun, huh? Still didn't edit though...shit.

Oh, maybe someone out there knows: why is it that when I import a CD, some songs, actually all but one, can't be synced to my phone?

ten to five on a sunday night:

i am back from shopping. i am going to play with my purchases, marinade some jerky, then clean up my battle station in preparation for NanoWriMo. I will do these things while Brad Paisley sings loudly about accidental racism and i join in.