Board shorts or speedos?

mickey1952

Still yet, I don't like them. Too small. You don't have to see every inch that is there to appreciate the body under the cloth. :P And really, only certain body types look good in a speedo. 

Board shorts. Even on the guys who look good in Speedos. For whatever reason, the look appeals to me more than Speedos.

In the bedroom, I like briefs just fine. But out in the wild, unless it involves diving or competitive swimming or water polo or something, I like board shorts better than Speedos. Gives you a chance to focus on the guy's chest, and that's not a bad thing.

Edited by Adam Phillips
  • Like 2

Inverse Probability Theorem

Men that SHOULD wear speedo usually DON'T and men who should NEVER wear speedo often DO.

The Back hair corollary

The set of men with back hair should never intersect with the set of men that wear speedo.

The proof is obvious.

• Like 1

So you think a reality check with the help of a mirror is in order?

And what about glasses? Speedos with glasses? (not sunglasses) Board shorts with glasses?

Not that I care.

• Like 1

Board shorts. Even on the guys who look good in Speedos. For whatever reason, the looks appeals to me more than Speedos.

In the bedroom, I like briefs just fine. But out in the wild, unless it involves diving or competitive swimming or water polo or something, I like board shorts better than Speedos. Gives you a chance to focus on the guy's chest, and that's not a bad thing.

Yes, Adam! Thank you! I was beginning to think I was almost alone in this line of thought. I think board shorts are incredibly sexy and actually show off the rest of the body by allowing your eyes to focus elsewhere. But in the bedroom, speedos are hot. After shortly afterwards, NOTHING is even hotter. *wink, wink*

Board shorts. Even on the guys who look good in Speedos. For whatever reason, the looks appeals to me more than Speedos.

I can see why you'd like the "I'd like to imagine" approach.

What do you think of the "compromise" look, though?

Tyson-Ballou_HM-Swimwear_thb.jpg

Knee length shorts and a t-shirt. And a chair in the shade. Also, get me a margarita.

I don't know about you, Blue, but as a leg man, I'm thrilled that shorts that go above the knee are making a comeback.

• Like 1

B) ......................Humm, interesting question, I was raised in an era that only board shorts were in. Speedos was a European thing, and we didn't have a swim team at my school. We did have gymnastics and I was one, but I wouldn't of have the guts to wear a speedo back then! :*)

hmm, from what I've read US school male swim teams traditionally swam nude - which kinda runs counter to the current prevalent Victorian attitudes in the US :P

hmm, from what I've read US school male swim teams traditionally swam nude - which kinda runs counter to the current prevalent Victorian attitudes in the US :P

I googled this, Zom, and was astonished to find that many schools in the 50's and early 60's did indeed have their male swim teams swim in the nude! I was born in 1952 and attended a smaller, rural high school (we had about 65 in our class), and this is the first I've ever heard about this practice. Maybe it was in the larger city high schools?

The great thing about growing up going to the various Maine and New Hampshire beaches were French-Canadians. There were always a lot of them on the beaches up by me, and they all wore speedos. I don't know what it is, but there must be something in the water up there that makes them, on average, better looking then most. 

Why could I not have been born in the US during this era :gikkle:

Probably just as well - it really wouldn't do to have "excited" sheep running around the pool... :lol:

:rofl:Imagining a sheep running around the pool made me laugh :funny: Nope, not a good idea :lol: 

• Like 2

The great thing about growing up going to the various Maine and New Hampshire beaches were French-Canadians. There were always a lot of them on the beaches up by me, and they all wore speedos. I don't know what it is, but there must be something in the water up there that makes them, on average, better looking then most. 

The speedos may have biased/blinded you in general lol

Inverse Probability Theorem

Men that SHOULD wear speedo usually DON'T and men who should NEVER wear speedo often DO.

The Back hair corollary

The set of men with back hair should never intersect with the set of men that wear speedo.

The proof is obvious.

The first theorem is correct based on my many, many, many years of observation.

However, the corollary is far from obvious.   I've seen many hairy hunks that I wouldn't mind undressing further.....

The speedos may have biased/blinded you in general lol

Possibly. Or maybe I'm also biased because I'm damn close to being full-blooded French Canadian. :P 

But seriously, there would always be loads of hot teenage boys speaking French and running around on the beaches in skimpy speedos like it was nothing. Meanwhile, all the American guys are looking at them like 'WTF'? lol

• Like 1