[Sasha Distan] Redemption's A Bitch

I can hear this big cloud of everyone's questions buzzing... and I am going to leave them all unanswered.

And this would be different how ...  you usually leave us buzzing and clueless ... are you sniggering ...

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3

I think I might be making you people too happy... *plots to disrupt the cosy atmosphere*

what do you mean ? One small kiss in the garden does not equal cosy unproblematic relationship between Kier and Robin - or between Oli and Boris, come to think of it !

Can't you let us indulge in just a few moments of happiness before you disrupt their (and our) lives again ? Oh well at least you've never let your longer stories end really badly for the main characters (although I have to rely on hearsay when it comes to Direct Confusion :*) ). So we'll keep hoping for a happy end.

(and that includes a major bringing down of BtB and AV the bastard, please :evil:  Kier isn't the only one whose pride and stupidity needs punishment, so be fair now.)

stop dodging the issue here, Sasha :lol:

I should never have mentioned DC, I apologize. I promise I won't do it again (even if it's hilarious when all of you jump on me for not finishing it).

anyway how can I concentrate on anything (writing the chapter Kitt is impatiently tapping her foot for, reading other stories, getting ready for a busy week at work) when you make me worry about your evil plans for Kier/Robin and Oli/Boris ?!

anyway how can I concentrate on anything (writing the chapter Kitt is impatiently tapping her foot for, reading other stories, getting ready for a busy week at work) when you make me worry about your evil plans for Kier/Robin and Oli/Boris ?!

I never said I would make it all go wrong for them, just that I might. you'll just have to wait for Tuesday!

• Like 1

Yippee :D early chapter, more kissing, BtB almost got the boot, Shastan came firmly down on his cousin's side, and Kier had a fun day at the race course. Everything's hunky dory - so when does the sh.. hit the fan ???

Hunky dory?

He's just finished telling Becca how much he loves his cousin and will do anything for him. But then goes out and puts himself and others in danger!!! 

I think his cousin is going to rip him a new one when he see's it and I don't think Robin will be much happier. 

• Like 2

Tim ... do not bait the wolf!!!

Yes, his behavior at the track appears to be risky ... it's kind of obvious that he needs that as a release. Speed on the track or binging on meaningless sex. It may be his coping mechanism for loosing everything important to him when he was so young. He gave up racing out of love for Shastan and now the sex for Robin. Also, we need to keep in mind that Kieran is an incredibly skilled racer. What would be stupidity for most is within his skill set. We can't judge him in that regard because few of us have the appropriate understanding. Note that the proracer only criticised him when he thought it was some amateur, when he realised who it was his response was about Kier being retired not anything further about him being reckless. Brian, who has a deeper knowledge, congratulated him on the ride and even racing gossip has him staging a comeback. (Yeah I know Hayley scolded him but she's a girl ... (that ought to get a response from the better gender)).

I think Sparrow is going to be far more accepting of the track and what it means to Kier. Will he worry, oh yeah with nearly every breath he takes when he watches Kier race. However, this is an important part of his man and he would have to be as selfish and cruel as everyone has accused Kier of being to ask him to give it up. Shastan isn't going to like it but ...

thanks for the early posting Sasha. The chapter was ... hmmm ... I need a new superlative ... ahh ... ultrafantasmatissmogasmic ... I don't know what means either but I bet the experience would take your breath away so it seems right.

Tim, are you drooling again ...

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 1

A nice and unexpected treat, the chapter that is.

Kieran was just being Kieran, so how can we fault him for that. As for Rebecca, I didn't have a problem with her before, but now I do. She crossed the line in everything she said to him. Sometimes blood is thicker then water, so if Shasten left her after that big display of disrespect, she could only blame herself. Shasten like most of us would choose are family, especially the family we're most close to. I'll chalk her anger and paranoia up to being jealous of Shastan's & Kieran's relationship and her stress from the wedding.

Glad Robyn's still showing restraint when it comes to Kieran, don't need to be just another notch on the belt. I must say seeing that angry/vulnerable side of Kieran made a very nice read. It's great to know that he's human and not the morally corrupt, self-indulgent and self-centered robot I original thought him to be. The next chapter will definitely amazing whether the shit has hit the fan yet or not.

Fantastic job and thank you for putting the chapter out so quickly

Edited by Charmed88
  • Like 1

I'm not understanding all the motivations here. Coming right after that huge fight, it seems like a nihilistic gesture, a sort of way of setting Shastan free of his loyalty? or, maybe more optimistically, letting Robin see the full Kieran, something maybe no one's seen? 

I'm surprised at Hayley's response actually. She's a racer herself, girl or not, unless motherhood has tamed her more than Sasha's telling us. 

But then again, if Shastan extracted a promise from Kieran (not commenting on the fairness of that earlier extraction process), and then made this I'll-choose-you-over-her-speech (*cough* really??? *cough*), I can't imagine him being other than miffed when Kieran promptly dances off and breaks the promise. 

Edited for correct pronouns in Shastan's speech....

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Hunky dory?

He's just finished telling Becca how much he loves his cousin and will do anything for him. But then goes out and puts himself and others in danger!!! 

Racing is not, necessarily, dangerous. No more so than any other pro-level sport. 

I need a new superlative ... ahh ... ultrafantasmatissmogasmic ... I don't know what means either but I bet the experience would take your breath away so it seems right.

I love you a little bit right now.

Fantastic job and thank you for putting the chapter out so quickly

Thanks, but you'll still have to wait a week for the next one...

I'm surprised at Hayley's response actually. She's a racer herself, girl or not, unless motherhood has tamed her more than Sasha's telling us. 

But then again, if Shastan extracted a promise from Kieran (not commenting on the fairness of that earlier extraction process), and then made this I'll-choose-you-over-her-speech (*cough* really??? *cough*), I can't imagine him being other than miffed when Kieran promptly dances off and breaks the promise. 

it was not motherhood that tamed Hayley, it was what happened to Kieran, and what happened to her husband. Brian's wheels are the result of his racing, he'll never ride a bike again.

"miffed" is not exactly the word I'd use...

I'm reminded vaguely of a friend I had once who would smoke until his love of the moment ordered him to stop. He'd be faintly disappointed if he wasn't told to stop and he wouldn't stop until he was told. So he'd smoke when he was single and not when he was seeing someone. 

• Like 1

I can't imagine him being other than miffed when Kieran promptly dances off and breaks the promise. 

I am not sure several years would qualify as "promptly".  Kier lived up to his promise for a long time. That is not an easy thing to do when the promise was to give up something that is a central part of your life, your lifelong dream. It's one thing to lose your dream to a career ending injury like Brian did. In Kier's case he is quite capable of continuing to race, but gave it up because a near miss frightened his cousin. That is a pretty big sacrifice to make. I've been involved on the fringes of the racing game ( stock cars as opposed to bikes but the mentality is the same). Most of the drivers I know would look at you like you grew 3 extra heads if you even hinted they should give it up.

I'm reminded vaguely of a friend I had once who would smoke until his love of the moment ordered him to stop. He'd be faintly disappointed if he wasn't told to stop and he wouldn't stop until he was told. So he'd smoke when he was single and not when he was seeing someone. 

Perhaps your friend was using the smoking as a measure of how much someone cared for him?  I would bet if the date in question didn't ask him to quit, or at least not smoke around them, the relationship didn't last too long.   

I think smoking is a tad different tho. While it can be a debilitating addiction, I don't think I have ever met a little one who at 5 yrs old said "I want to grow up to be a smoker." but have met dozens of them who wanted to grow up to be "Just like Bill Elliot". 

• Like 4

Sasha,

I wasn't expecting another right away, I was merely thanking you for this speedy and unexpected one. Nor, was I trying to coerce you into putting the next chapter out ASAP

Edited by Charmed88
  • Like 1