[Sasha Distan] Redemption's A Bitch

As I have now finished writing the chapters, I thought it would be fun to share the chapter titles with their associated title song with you. All songs by The Rolling Stones, all butchery of these titles by me. Titles listed in generally, alphabetical order by song title.

2,000 Light Years From Home

Two Thousand Light Years From Anything I Know

- Ain't Too Proud To Beg                     

Too Proud To Beg

- Dangerous Beauty

Dangerous: Beautiful

- Emotional Rescue

- Gimme Shelter

Emotional Shelter

- Get Off of My Cloud

Sit On Your Cloud

- Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?                         

Do You See The Pretty Boy Standing In The Shadows?

- Respectable

- I Go Wild

Respectable and Wild

- If You Really Want To Be My Friend

Can’t Want to Just Be Friends

In Another Land

- Live With Me

Live Together In Another Land

- Let's Spend The Night Together

Spending Every Night Together

- Midnight Rambler

- Mixed Emotions

Mixed Midnight Emotions

- No Spare Parts

- One Hit (To The Body)

Spare Parts And Body Shots

- Plundered My Soul

Pretty Beat Up

Pretty Beat Up Soul

- Rock And A Hard Place               

Between A Rock And A Hard Cock

Shake Your Hips

Shaking Hips

Start Me Up

- Stop Breaking Down

Start Me up, I’m Breaking Down

Sympathy For The Devil                     

No Sympathy For The Devil

Torn And Frayed

Tear It Up

- Waiting On A Friend

- Wild Horses

Waiting For Wild Horses

- You Can't Always Get What You Want

You Can Always Get What You Want

• Like 2

Perhaps your friend was using the smoking as a measure of how much someone cared for him?  

Maybe, Kitt. I'm not sure how many women were auditioned--I mean, you don't start telling people to quit smoking if you're only spending the night with them, do you? It wouldn't be fair to require someone to do that... The person he was with while I knew him called him out on the whole thing and I believe he made a sustained effort to quit for his own sake but it didn't work out. I think maybe he needed the extra strength. So maybe that's not the same thing as what's gong on with Kieran.

I must admit i don't understand how Kieran was such a skilled safe professional biker if he was dead for a minute the last time he competed, but I'll file it under "Suspension of Disbelief." I feel pretty much the same way about motorbikes as I do about aggressive dogs so I'll keep myself out of this bout  :P

I must admit i don't understand how Kieran was such a skilled safe professional biker if he was dead for a minute the last time he competed

Have you ever seen a high speed motorcycle crash? some guys walk away with bruises, others never walk again.

there is an awful lot of luck involved. or not, as the case sometimes is.

• Like 1

It entirely depends if there are gifts...  :P

I am not normally inclined to give two chapters a week. You'll hold out until Oli-day surely?

No gifts I'm afraid but you'd have my undying gratitude   :P

I will look forward to Oli - day instead.  :read:

• Like 1

Ok. Now I can join this forum. First of all...Tim!!...I lived up to my part of the deal...Did you??

Now, I have to say that this is one amazing story. I love the characters..there is something about Kieran that draws me in...maybe it's the heart of gold he has beating inside his chest...maybe it is because he has gotten it all so wrong in the first part of his life...maybe it's because when he had a family, he never really had a family... or maybe it is because he strikes me as tragicly lonely in his seeming perfection. Whatever it is, he seems so real to me, as does the pain that sometimes radiates off him. I hate to say it but I think Paddy has to move over and make room for Kieran in that soft part of my heart. Even when he was being a first class jerk, Sasha made it possible for me to see through all that to what was really there...so nothing bad, and I mean nothing!! bad had better happen to him...please...just sayin...cheers all...Gary

• Like 4

Ok. So now I need to talk about Robin/Sparrow. From the first slap to the last kiss he has been exactly what Kieran has needed in his life. Even though he is young he has so much more figured out than Kieran does. The most important thing about him is that he has self respect. He is not about to be a notch in anyone's belt. I so relate to that. The slap was a perfect response to what amounted to an arrogant assault.Lesson one for Kieran. When he said, in response to Kieran's "it was just a blow job", that Kieran just didn't get it, it showed the gulf of understanding that was between them and how much Kieran needed to change his way of approaching life. All the persistence in the world did nothing to further Kieran's goal. It wasn't until he started to share himself with Sparrow that things began to change...from the chance meeting in the pub to the chance meeting after Zander where Robin met the kids and saw the Kieran that was hiding under all that attitude, did the light appear at the end of the tunnel. As i said in my review, Kieran admitting to Robin that he never brought anyone to his home was a watershed moment for them. Robin's compassion and support after Becca's meltdown was astounding in the importance of it. He could have acted any number of ways but he didn't. He treated it as a small blip and didn't let it change how wonderful their kissing moment had been. He handled the revelation of the moment of death with real maturity and reverted to playfull with ease and left Kieran with the right amount of tease. In essence, what I get from Robin is ...love and respect me and I will always be there for you...sappy, maybe but it is how I read him. Because I missed most of the forum, it makes me feel better to say my piece...mission accomplished....cheers

• Like 3

Ok. So now I need to talk about Robin/Sparrow. From the first slap to the last kiss he has been exactly what Kieran has needed in his life. Even though he is young he has so much more figured out than Kieran does. The most important thing about him is that he has self respect. He is not about to be a notch in anyone's belt. I so relate to that. The slap was a perfect response to what amounted to an arrogant assault.Lesson one for Kieran. When he said, in response to Kieran's "it was just a blow job", that Kieran just didn't get it, it showed the gulf of understanding that was between them and how much Kieran needed to change his way of approaching life. All the persistence in the world did nothing to further Kieran's goal. It wasn't until he started to share himself with Sparrow that things began to change...from the chance meeting in the pub to the chance meeting after Zander where Robin met the kids and saw the Kieran that was hiding under all that attitude, did the light appear at the end of the tunnel. As i said in my review, Kieran admitting to Robin that he never brought anyone to his home was a watershed moment for them. Robin's compassion and support after Becca's meltdown was astounding in the importance of it. He could have acted any number of ways but he didn't. He treated it as a small blip and didn't let it change how wonderful their kissing moment had been. He handled the revelation of the moment of death with real maturity and reverted to playfull with ease and left Kieran with the right amount of tease. In essence, what I get from Robin is ...love and respect me and I will always be there for you...sappy, maybe but it is how I read him. Because I missed most of the forum, it makes me feel better to say my piece...mission accomplished....cheers

I agree with, pretty much, every word you've said. Especially the points about Robyn. I'm glad you joined the forum, I'm a newbie as well.

Edited by Charmed88
  • Like 2

Of course I did, go see in the Direct Confusion forum.

And how do you feel about being considered a newbie ? I thought it was cute, lol. ^_^

Good Boy!!! At my age, to be considered a newbie at anything is an honor and a compliment :wizard:  Cheers buddy...G

• Like 1

A treat for sure! But no no no please!!!! I need Kieran alive and well..... No stunts like that.

I agree with, pretty much, every word you've said. Especially the points about Robyn. I'm glad you joined the forum, I'm a newbie as well.

Good Boy!!! At my age, to be considered a newbie at anything is an honor and a compliment :wizard:  Cheers buddy...G

I see I am collecting new people in my forum... it's like Hotel California here, you can never truly ever leave. Not really.

Smoothy - I promise no hospital visits this time.

• Like 2

I see I am collecting new people in my forum... it's like Hotel California here, you can never truly ever leave.

Fine with me, since we don't want to leave.  :P

And most of the new people revewing and posting are on my side concerning Becca the Bitch. :D  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Fine with me, since we don't want to leave.  :P

And most of the new people revewing and posting are on my side concerning Becca the Bitch. :D  :thumbup:

Lol.. I love it here at Hotel Shastafornia...such a lovely place...does it serve champagne on ice?

I must admit Tim, that after her last, rather disgusting, viscious, and hurtful tirade...I am about ready to join your club...this can't be blamed on "Bridzilla Syndrome". This is definitely "Stone Cold Bitch Syndrome".The cure for that is not always effective but it does involve tremendous humility for the right reasons...something I am doubting that Becca possesses. For Shaston's sake I hope we are all wrong...but if I were a betting man, I would put money on her being incurable...Cheers...Gary

Oh yeah...and she doesn't like dogs...what up wit dat!!

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2

Great chapter today but i wanted to know what happened with Becca. Did Robin and shas have a word with her or she going to continue being how she was?

I understand the curiousity...I really do...but this chapter was about Kier and Robin and what is happening between them. It was their time and it was perfection and was absolutely worth the wait. The Becca drama did not belong in such an exquisite chapter...we can find out about that later....for now, I am basking in the love they are feeling....Cheers.. :boy:

• Like 1

OK - so we have Caz- the inquiring mind who wants to know, Dug and Gary the incurable romantics and the horse that has to keep her mouth shut! What a group!  Where do you fall in all this Tim?

Ha...I think Tim is with dugh and I...he is an old softy too...

OK - so we have Caz- the inquiring mind who wants to know, Dug and Gary the incurable romantics and the horse that has to keep her mouth shut! What a group!  Where do you fall in all this Tim?

Ha...I think Tim is with dugh and I...he is an old softy too...

well, right now I'm sniffling and feeling hot - but it's not because of the chapter. :lol:  I've got a nasty cold and I'm running a temperature, so I may have to go to bed soon.

But of course I did enjoy this happy chapter, and I'm looking forward to Kier buying a construction company and letting Robin build their dream house. This would solve the BtB problem nicely, especially if he told her she wasn't welcome, EVER. He should include a room with even better chocolate making facilities so his cousin would have it as a refuge too. And the dogs could be trained to bark furiously and keep BtB at bay if she tried to tresspass. :evil:

Anyway, maybe Kier should take Robin dancing in another town, but first they can have dinner at Issac's restaurant and go to Bay's bar.

Oh and we still have The Wedding to get through. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Great chapter today but i wanted to know what happened with Becca. Did Robin and shas have a word with her or she going to continue being how she was?

I understand the curiousity...I really do...but this chapter was about Kier and Robin and what is happening between them. It was their time and it was perfection and was absolutely worth the wait. The Becca drama did not belong in such an exquisite chapter...we can find out about that later....for now, I am basking in the love they are feeling....Cheers.. :boy:

What he ^ said...

there are never any answers Caz. All things will be resolved eventually.

well, right now I'm sniffling and feeling hot - but it's not because of the chapter. :P   I've got a nasty cold and I'm running a temperature, so I may have to go to bed soon.

But of course I did enjoy this happy chapter, and I'm looking forward to Kier buying a construction company and letting Robin build their dream house. This would solve the BtB problem nicely, especially if he told her she wasn't welcome, EVER. He should include a room with even better chocolate making facilities so his cousin would have it as a refuge too. And the dogs could be trained to bark furiously and keep BtB at bay if she tried to tresspass. :evil:

Anyway, maybe Kier should take Robin dancing in another town, but first they can have dinner at Issac's restaurant and go to Bay's bar.

Oh and we still have The Wedding to get through. :rolleyes:

Tim, first of all, you are hilarious...you are like a dog with a bone...a Becca bone...and I gotta say...I like the way you think...construction company, Sparrow building a dream house, visiting Isaac and Bay...The Wedding...you ARE a hopeless romantic :P good on ya...and you are right...dancing in another town is a good idea....ok..go to bed and feel better buddy...cheers...Gary

• Like 1

Sorry you're sick Tim ... rest well and fill better soon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one imagining the nest that Sparrow (damn but I love the name) will design for them. While it would be so cool for Kier to buy or start a company for Robin I think he might think it a bit insulting. Sparrow seems the sort to want to prove himself and not have someone else do it for him. I can see him agreeing to let Kier make an investment in him once he's completed his studies. Afterall he's done it for others.

I'm busy enjoying the thought that Kier has buried the hatchet as it were with Becca (can't bring myself to call her BtB ... it's insulting to dogs) right between her ears. Okay ... so not really, but just for a moment ... I wonder what she'll be like now that Shastan's put things to her and Robin is with Kier. She has to have some redeeming qualities, Shastan's not stupid, so maybe ...

It seems that Kier is content not to race again provided he has track days as an outlet. I think he should take Robin along, you just know he wants to know about the accident, and I think he's really okay with the bikes and the need for speed and Kier is different there ...

I wonder if Kier could get Issac to pack a picnic basket for a quiet sunset dinner on the beach ... and maybe it's time to ditch the club scene and start hanging out at the bar with Bay and friends ... I could see Kier becoming a fan of murderball.

• Like 2