Normally, I would agree...but this is a loose end in Peterson's life...a big one..and him and Wes have just shared a kiss but Peterson knows how important that was and how he feels about Wes. I think he was closing a door so he could move on. It is something you can't do in the heat of the moment sometimes, when things have gone bad...it is easier to revisit. I admit that I did something similar and it was the smart thing to do. I was able to walk away without doubts, knowing that I had made the right choice to begin with. And as far as Angus goes, I think he has been unlucky in love and is very lonely...so he tries too hard and it backfires...so yeah, he is probably depressed...just saying...cheers..Gary

I do see your point Gary, but I feel defensive of Wes because it seems to me like he's doing all the work here, as young as he is, and Peterson is just sitting back and indulging his own issues! In fact poor Wes was all rattled that Peterson would believe that he was promiscuous... so it kind of stings me that the very same night Peterson was in bed with someone else. Peterson better show some commitment to his relationship with Wes the next time he appears, or he and I are through  :pissed: 

• Like 1

I do see your point Gary, but I feel defensive of Wes because it seems to me like he's doing all the work here, as young as he is, and Peterson is just sitting back and indulging his own issues! In fact poor Wes was all rattled that Peterson would believe that he was promiscuous... so it kind of stings me that the very same night Peterson was in bed with someone else. Peterson better show some commitment to his relationship with Wes the next time he appears, or he and I are through  :pissed: 

I am out of likes again...I can't argue with you on this because you make a great point...even though I understand Peterson's action to a point, it does feel wrong...I hope Wes never learns or it. In my case, the difference was that I wasn't dating anyone when I revisited... if I was , I never would have gone there... I had just been asked out and was considering it so I had no guilt to deal with(I never did go out with that guy)...I wonder if Peterson will have guilt when he sees Wes again...you are so right about Wes putting in all the work so far...In fairness, it is possible that P was carrying a torch for his ex and that is why he kept Wes at arms length for so long....Like you, I don't want to see Wes get hurt...

• Like 1

So then we're all in agreement that if Peterson dotes appropriately on Wes in Chapter 15, all is forgiven? Fine. Did you catch that, Cole? Action item Peterson, deliverable Wes, to dote upon, Ch15 at latest.  :lol:

I didn't know people in long-term relationships tend to say farewell with a bang. Or at least, the people I've known who said it like that, tended to keep saying it. I mean, I didn't know you could REALLY do it..

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

So then we're all in agreement that if Peterson dotes appropriately on Wes in Chapter 15, all is forgiven? Fine. Did you catch that, Cole? Action item Peterson, deliverable Wes, to dote upon, Ch15 at latest.  :lol:

I didn't know people in long-term relationships tend to say farewell with a bang. Or at least, the people I've known who said it like that, tended to keep saying it. I mean, I didn't know you could REALLY do it..

I don't think it is a tendency...but it happens...breakups can take a while mentally and emotionally... and consequently, sometimes physically....and I agree that Wes is owed...note to Cole

• Like 2

Cole is still writing so things may change.

Kitt, could you handle me that big paddle we use to stir the pot?

Anybody else think Wes will be history, friendly break-up or death in a horrible car crash.

Angus and Peterson, the silly nerd and the softie giant--Together Forever

Damn you, Cole! Now you got me using song titles! :music:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I originally thought that Peterson and Wes weren't going to last, but since getting to know them a bit better I find myself rooting for them.  Maybe there is a yet-to-be-introduced equation here that will end up being Angus' match.  Maybe the English teacher?  He's a wild card that I think will be played in a future chapter. 

• Like 1

Anybody else think Wes will be history, friendly break-up or death in a horrible car crash.

Yikes...but we like Wes!! I am not sure about this scenario. I don't think Angus and Peterson would be a good match...Angus is needy and Peterson tends to be distant...stop freaking me out Carlos...Kitt..we may need to use that paddle on Cole if he kills off Wes...

• Like 1

Oh HECK NO. We really don't know anything about Angus except he's lonely. I must admit I don't quite see the appeal of Peterson except that he's well-read, but if Wes likes him then I think he should have him. And as far as pot-stirring, all we need is for the egregious Matthew to wander on back and announce that their hot farewell was such a revelation that he wants Peterson after all and he's left his wife. That would get rid of Wes without any need for Cole to murder him in a car crash.

Edit:

Maybe there is a yet-to-be-introduced equation here that will end up being Angus' match.  Maybe the English teacher?  He's a wild card that I think will be played in a future chapter.

See, Val, this is what I was thinking, but Silas seems like even more of a cold fish than Peterson. And what he'd do with an expat rugby player up in that small town I don't know (well, I mean, apart from the obvious  :P )

Edit2:

I am not sure about this scenario. I don't think Angus and Peterson would be a good match..

LOL, we are QUITE sure about this scenario. IT'S LOUSY, CARLOS!  :P

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Bu I like murders, car crashes and mayhem! A HEA ending is ok but we need some DRAMA.

Yikes, that sounded very  Gay! :ph34r:

Anyway- We Want Blood, We Want Blood, We Want Blood...

:o Damn, Carlos!  You sound like you're chanting a ritual!  lol  This is a happy story!  No blood!  lol

• Like 1

Oh HECK NO. We really don't know anything about Angus except he's lonely. I must admit I don't quite see the appeal of Peterson except that he's well-read, but if Wes likes him then I think he should have him. And as far as pot-stirring, all we need is for the egregious Matthew to wander on back and announce that their hot farewell was such a revelation that he wants Peterson after all and he's left his wife. That would get rid of Wes without any need for Cole to murder him in a car crash.

Irri...I think we should stop giving Cole ideas...Wes fell for Peterson right away...even before he found out about his really big dinky...and he was the one who managed to get through Peterson's thick, sad shell. Cole can find Angus his own guy...I like Valkyrie's idea of Silas as a possibility...we know Chad will be seeing some old friends in the next chapter...so if that includes Silas, Chad could invite him to the turkey dinner....

Bu I like murders, car crashes and mayhem! A HEA ending is ok but we need some DRAMA.

Yikes, that sounded very  Gay! :ph34r:

Anyway- We Want Blood, We Want Blood, We Want Blood...

I have another use for that paddle now :P and it could involve someone's blood :o

• Like 1

Stirring the pot is fun - we can take turns Carlos!

Yikes...but we like Wes!! I am not sure about this scenario. I don't think Angus and Peterson would be a good match...Angus is needy and Peterson tends to be distant...stop freaking me out Carlos...Kitt..we may need to use that paddle on Cole if he kills off Wes...

Cole if he kills Wes off and Carlos for putting the idea in his head!

Wait - Carlos might just like that...

Edit to add:  LOL Gary - we seem to be thinking on similar lines!

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 2

Crap, why do you guys want to redeem everybody?

Screw Silas! Seems he was an ass, why the hell give him a nice relationship. If Cole won't kill off Wes I'll settle for maiming Silas. (No charge for the idea, buddy.)

All this damn sweetness is gonna increase the rate of diabetes on GA!

Cole if he kills Wes off and Carlos for putting the idea in his head!

Wait - Carlos might just like that...

Edit to add:  LOL Gary - we seem to be thinking on similar lines!

Haha...great minds think alike Kitt...and yeah, Carlos probably would...we could aim for the back of the head :boy:

Screw Silas! Seems he was an ass, why the hell give him a nice relationship. If Cole won't kill off Wes I'll settle for maiming Silas. (No charge for the idea, buddy.)

Now you're talking!  :yes:

• Like 2

Please, aim for the head. It's the hardest thing you could hit on me. (I'm not a teen boy anymore LOL)

And y'all go ahead and scoff at my instant affinity with Angus. I see great things in that mountain of muscles and hair.

Anybody want to talk about how I was the only one rooting for Priest? :joe:

• Like 1

All this damn sweetness is gonna increase the rate of diabetes on GA!

Now Carlos, I know you want blood...but we really don't know Silas at all...yet..he could rescue hurt puppies on his days off...as far as the sweetness, despite your exterior, I think you are pure sugar at your core :P ok, maybe with a shot of vinegar...

• Like 3

Please, aim for the head. It's the hardest thing you could hit on me. (I'm not a teen boy anymore LOL)

And y'all go ahead and scoff at my instant affinity with Angus. I see great things in that mountain of muscles and hair.

LOL, rooting for him how? You didn't want him to fall for the guy he fell for! How can you have an instant affinity with someone you don't know anything about except that he cries a lot?

Edited by Irritable1

First..teen boys...overrated ...second..I love Angus!! My kind of guy...Third...I was ALWAYS rooting for Priest..you were not alone in that at all...

• Like 1

LOL, rooting for him how? You didn't want him to fall for the guy he fell for! How can you have an instant affinity with someone you don't know anything about except that he cries a lot?

Perfectly logical to me:

Priest and Arbor getting together is irrelevant, the important thing is that Priest was shown to be one of the good guys (even if he cheats at poker!)

OK, let's try this- a muscular, hairy, Australian, rugby player... I fail to see a downside. Any whining can be remedied by borrowing one of Captain Davenport's ball gags.

• Like 2

Perfectly logical to me:

Priest and Arbor getting together is irrelevant, the important thing is that Priest was shown to be one of the good guys (even if he cheats at poker!)

OK, let's try this- a muscular, hairy, Australian, rugby player... I fail to see a downside. Any whining can be remedied by borrowing one of Captain Davenport's ball gags.

1) yes, but we were all agreed on that anyway. No extra credit for you. (edit: though I remember Tim took a while to come round) 2) I'm pretty sure you can't do that to someone while they're crying, you'll cut off their air. No, Angus needs gentler handling than that. Maybe they can bond over love poetry?

Edit: LOL have you guys noticed Cole's not even bothering to read along anymore?  :rofl:

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2