Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Medical update:  Had the exam yesterday, first surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, the 14th.  I'll be in the hospital on Wednesday and for a few days after will probably be recovering somewhere because my friend Kat is having foot surgery on Thursday as well.  Not sure if I'll get any vision back right after the surgery, as they have not made that clear to me yet.  Surgery will be around 3 hours and I'll be under general anesthesia.  If you wish to update people at GA, that's cool.

Thinking of you CG. :)

Gary and CG, if you have trouble converting the sound files, my Daughter Wings and I are both pretty good at typing from recorded notes and would be happy to help.

Thanks, Kitt... I appreciate that... I may need it!

I miss you CG. :(

I miss our chats about Danish gækkebrev customs.

I miss your cat stories and you reminiscensing about the 1970'ies or places.

I miss your wonderful reviews of the stories we're both reading.

I miss you a lot and I'm praying you'll soon be OK and back here where you belong.

:hug: and :kiss: from your Danish friend

• Like 1

Any news about CG, Gary? I had my fingers crossed yesterday.

No... I'm waiting for a sound file from him... he doesn't have a phone yet... he said he would get the number to me as soon as he got it. I'm assuming he is recuperating and has to take it easy... as soon as I hear anything, I'll let you know...

• Like 4

I'm sort of worried here. :pinch: I'm not sure no news is good news in this case. :no: But I suppose we'll have to keep our fingers crossed and be patient. Nothing we can do makes any difference, and the anxiety we feel is nothing to what our friend is going through. Although, I hope knowing we miss him and wish him well somehow keeps CG's spirits up.

• Like 3

Latest update:

I woke up to an email from CG through his friend. He gave me a new phone # for the rehab center Marlin is at. I thought I would update you all... I have called four times so far, but no answer... he may be sleeping or otherwise occupied, or it could be from the storm. I will keep trying, and let you know when I have success reaching him. Gary

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Latest update:

I woke up to an email from CG through his friend. He gave me a new phone # for the rehab center Marlin is at. I thought I would update you all... I have called four times so far, but no answer... he may be sleeping or otherwise occupied, or it could be from the storm. I will keep trying, and let you know when I have success reaching him. Gary

Thanks for the update and being a voice for us Gary. :hug: :hug: for you and CG 

CG, I'm thinking really positive thoughts on your behalf...for now and always. Take care my friend. :hug::kiss:

I will read him his messages when I talk to him again... I read him his reviews today....

Thanks for taking time to do this for us, buddy. I'm very grateful and hope CG will regain more sight than he thinks right now.

No problem at all... I was getting pretty anxious... He's a great guy...

• Like 2

brought over from the COTT forum, so CG can find the messages, when he gets back.

Thanks for the update.

Please pass on my prayers and best wishes.

Thanks for the update Gary. sending positive thoughts to CG...for now and always. *hugz*

You know, it makes me happy that the updates are positive and very reassuring. Somehow too, it makes me feel their absence even more. I really, really do miss them..   :kiss:   :heart:   :hug: All around.. 

that's good new Gary! I know we all hope he keeps improving!!! 

Send CG our love Gary!

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Hey, all! CG update...

I just talked to Marlin for an hour and a half. He is in good spirits. There is less swelling in the eye, and the redness has decreased dramatically. He has a headache that hasn't gone away since the last surgery but he copes. It is likely from the swelling, and as long as there is swelling, there is likely more healing to come... at least that is what I am thinking. There is a slight improvement in his vision, but not substantial... still, I took that as a good sign as well. We talked about a ton of stuff, and it was very enjoyable. He's thinking he'll be at the rehab center for 2-3 more weeks, so I will be calling in a few days to check on him. He has a doctor appointment next week, so hopefully he will learn more about where he stands. I've said it before and I'll say it again... he is a very sweet man. I read reviews to him, and passed on all your wishes for him, and he seemed quite pleased. Let's all keep the faith that he'll be back... Gary

• Like 5

I've said it before and I'll say it again... he is a very sweet man.  . . . Let's all keep the faith that he'll be back... Gary

Thanks so much for the update Gary! He's never far from our thoughts. There's such a big hole without him here at GA.

Even my character David, in Twoey gave him a shoutout. CG was always on David to become a better person.  :)

from Ch 60:   "I now know the dish is called Pesto Genovese because it comes from Genoa, same as that Christopher ColumbusGuy."

Edited by skinnydragon
  • Like 4

Thanks so much for the update Gary! He's never far from our thoughts. There's such a big hole without him here at GA.

Even my character David, in Twoey gave him a shoutout. CG was always on David to become a better person.  :)

form Ch 60:   "I now know the dish is called Pesto Genovese because it comes from Genoa, same as that Christopher ColumbusGuy."

LOL... he'll love that... I will pass it on next week... thanks for this... :) .

• Like 1

Hey, all! CG update...

I just talked to Marlin for an hour and a half. He is in good spirits. There is less swelling in the eye, and the redness has decreased dramatically. He has a headache that hasn't gone away since the last surgery but he copes. It is likely from the swelling, and as long as there is swelling, there is likely more healing to come... at least that is what I am thinking. There is a slight improvement in his vision, but not substantial... still, I took that as a good sign as well. We talked about a ton of stuff, and it was very enjoyable. He's thinking he'll be at the rehab center for 2-3 more weeks, so I will be calling in a few days to check on him. He has a doctor appointment next week, so hopefully he will learn more about where he stands. I've said it before and I'll say it again... he is a very sweet man. I read reviews to him, and passed on all your wishes for him, and he seemed quite pleased. Let's all keep the faith that he'll be back... Gary

Thanks for the update Gary! :hug: I am so happy to see him getting better :D and I hope he comes back soon :)