Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

And Jeep + snow = fun

Just not around home for CJ. I remember driving those hilly cobblestone streets of Georgetown during Winter, NOT FUN! Though after a couple of years living in Washington I'm certain CJ's mastered that four-wheel-drive thing!

• Like 1

It seems a couple of readers skipped reading the disclaimer at the end of the last chapter. The one where I credited Marcus McNally as the owner of Tyson Hill, stated his character was used with the author's permission, and provided links to his stories. Marc received several messages letting him know how cool they thought it was to read about Ty, and a couple letting him know I was plagiarizing. Not the first time it happens.

So, if you're going to complain about me stealing, maybe you should read the entire thing before you start bitching. Considering Marc read the initial draft of the chapter and provided some input, I hope his reply to those complaining will suffice. Some people need to get a life!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

It seems a couple of readers skipped reading the disclaimer at the end of the last chapter. The one where I credited Marcus McNally as the owner of Tyson Hill.

I actually knew this, but I forgot for a bit and was going to google Tyson Hill. All this while I was reading the concert portion of the story, mind you.  The lightbulb turned on finally...tricky switch...and I aborted the search. I do recall this is at least the second time his name (and the explanation of his origin) has been mentioned in CJ. :hug:

• Like 1

I actually knew this, but I forgot for a bit and was going to google Tyson Hill. All this while I was reading the concert portion of the story, mind you.  The lightbulb turned on finally...tricky switch...and I aborted the search. I do recall this is at least the second time his name (and the explanation of his origin) has been mentioned in CJ. :hug:

Yep. My penchant for dropping hints made me mention Tyson back in Summer. I already knew I was sending the boys to Australia later in the story, had received permission from McNally to use his characters, and wanted CJ to at lest know who the artist was before he agreed to attend the concert with Owen!

Let's hope these self appointed literary police are as vigilant should you be a target of plagiarism.

LOL... it happened already, although it was a false alarm. Another author (he's not on GA) wrote me to let me know someone had stolen my story and posted it on Nifty. I had to explain it was me even if it was posted under a different author name there. The author is listed as CJ Abello and he didn't connect the name as being the same as the protagonist.

• Site Moderator

Yep. My penchant for dropping hints made me mention Tyson back in Summer. I already knew I was sending the boys to Australia later in the story, had received permission from McNally to use his characters, and wanted CJ to at lest know who the artist was before he agreed to attend the concert with Owen!

LOL... it happened already, although it was a false alarm. Another author (he's not on GA) wrote me to let me know someone had stolen my story and posted it on Nifty. I had to explain it was me even if it was posted under a different author name there. The author is listed as CJ Abello and he didn't connect the name as being the same as the protagonist.

It made me smile to see CJ posting his own story. :)

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

So I didn't use the pause button on this latest chapter. There were certainly plenty of times that I could have done so, but it was too enjoyable (as in everyone involved was in such a happy place) to not keep going until the end. :thumbup:

Edit: 

Alright, Dawson was a hiccup, but he was dispatched swiftly by CJ (and with a lot of class) so he was just a speck of dust to be brushed away so the good times could continue.

Edited by Reader1810

Alright, Dawson was a hiccup, but he was dispatched swiftly by CJ (and with a lot of class) so he was just a speck of dust to be brushed away so the good times could continue.

I am not much further ahead from what you guys have read, and this subject has not hit future story lines (yet) so I get to speculate too. I get the distinct feeling that Dawson was one of Carlos' hints of what may come and the SOB will be back to irritate Owen and by extension CJ.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I am not much further ahead from what you guys have read, and this subject has not hit future story lines (yet) so I get to speculate too. I get the distinct feeling that Dawson was one of Carlos' hints of what may come and the SOB will be back to irritate Owen and by extension CJ.

Well, you know what happens to Easter eggs right? They get eaten! So, metaphorically speaking, Dawson best be careful or else... :lol:

• Site Moderator

*Engage pause button*

“Yeah, babe,” interjected Brett. “You know big, blond, surfer dudes are cool.”

A lot is being said in those few words...

*Disengage pause button*

• Like 1

*Engage pause button*

“Yeah, babe,” interjected Brett. “You know big, blond, surfer dudes are cool.”

A lot is being said in those few words...

*Disengage pause button*

:rofl:

Sometimes the throwaway lines turn out okay... :D

• Site Moderator

Perv!

I had to cut out the remainder, it would have never passed muster with the censors! :)

And you're calling me a perv? :o:gikkle:

I just want to know that it went well and was a perfect first time for CJ.  We all care for the boy you know and want him done right by, is all. 

• Like 1

And you're calling me a perv? :o:gikkle:

I just want to know that it went well and was a perfect first time for CJ.  We all care for the boy you know and want him done right by, is all. 

Guess people will have to read the next chapter to know if he survived... not that I would end the chapter in a cliffie, of course.

• Site Moderator

Guess people will have to read the next chapter to know if he survived... not that I would end the chapter in a cliffie, of course.

You? A cliffie? Perish the thought...though I do recall incurring a case of whiplash at the end of Summer due to a certain mismanaged roller coaster ride. Something to do with slamming on the breaks... :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

You? A cliffie? Perish the thought...though I do recall incurring a case of whiplash at the end of Summer due to a certain mismanaged roller coaster ride. Something to do with slamming on the breaks... :P

Yeah! That was it. Mismanaged.

You have to admit that chapter got the blood flowing jumping from one plotline to another. My homage to th Music Video industry.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Yeah! That was it. Mismanaged.

You have to admit that chapter got the blood flowing jumping from one plotline to another. My homage to th Music Video industry.

If that was your objective, then you totally scored with that chapter. :yes:

• Like 1

If that was your objective, then you totally scored with that chapter. :yes:

I even had a conversation with Mann about it. He suggested the possibility of groupin all the sections for each plotline together and I declined. I wanted the tension to build a bit with each glimpse of what was happenning all over the city (and in New York). And I did honestly channel the MTV feeling of quick cuts, giving you a glance at something, and then moving to something else.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I even had a conversation with Mann about it. He suggested the possibility of groupin all the sections for each plotline together and I declined. I wanted the tension to build a bit with each glimpse of what was happenning all over the city (and in New York). And I did honestly channel the MTV feeling of quick cuts, giving you a glance at something, and then moving to something else.

Had to think about that for a moment, but when the fog cleared, I realized you were right on that point.  Going back and forth without resolution, did serve to ramp up the readers emotional reactions at the end. We had no time to recover to soften the one, two, three punch at the end. Oh yeah, that really had an impact, let me tell you...though I think you already knew that from my review of said chapter. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1