Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

Have you looked at the calendar? Winter's almost over. :D

Ill make sure I leave my outline and notes behind as soon as I enter the witness protection program. Y'all can find a replacement author.

Bah! You forget that Def is an International Spy. No doubt, she will use all the resources (and they are plentiful, I should warn you now :ph34r: ) at her disposal and track you down before you've even stepped away from the keyboard.  ;)

• Like 1

Winter is coming to an end! Spring's on the way and the National Park Service is predicting the peak bloom for Washington’s cherry blossom trees between March 31 and April 3.

Organizers of the National Cherry Blossom Festival and the park service announced the projected peak bloom dates Wednesday.

The average date for the peak bloom, when 70 percent of the trees around the Tidal Basin are in bloom, is April 4.

This year’s festival, which marks the anniversary of Japan’s gift of 3,000 cherry trees, runs from March 20 through April 17.

• Like 3

Winter is coming to an end! Spring's on the way and the National Park Service is predicting the peak bloom for Washington’s cherry blossom trees between March 31 and April 3.

Organizers of the National Cherry Blossom Festival and the park service announced the projected peak bloom dates Wednesday.

The average date for the peak bloom, when 70 percent of the trees around the Tidal Basin are in bloom, is April 4.

This year’s festival, which marks the anniversary of Japan’s gift of 3,000 cherry trees, runs from March 20 through April 17.

Toronto received a gift of cherry trees in 1959. Beautiful to see them...Make sure CJ doesn't eat too many! Blossoms not cherries! Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2

Thanks for those dates. I have a bit of time off coming. Perhaps a stroll around the mall is in order!

Toronto received a gift of cherry trees in 1959. Beautiful to see them...Make sure CJ doesn't eat too many! Blossoms not cherries!

I haven't seen them in person since I was in college, but the display around the Tidal Basin is something I'll always remember. I spent a week in DC last year and I'm itching to go back. Only for research purposes, of course. I'd be hard at work taking pictures and notes for use in the future and would probably not enjoy myself.

Summer was written entirely from memory (some internet help) but subsequent parts of the story benefited from my trip. I think the descriptions were richer with so many spots being fresh in my mind. And I haven't even used all the spots I went through then. I'm saving some for future use.

Mann made a tongue-in-cheek side comment about CJ and his 'magic penis' recently. I think our boy's a wizard at plucking cherries. :D

I haven't seen them in person since I was in college, but the display around the Tidal Basin is something I'll always remember. I spent a week in DC last year and I'm itching to go back. Only for research purposes, of course. I'd be hard at work taking pictures and notes for use in the future and would probably not enjoy myself.

Summer was written entirely from memory (some internet help) but subsequent parts of the story benefited from my trip. I think the descriptions were richer with so many spots being fresh in my mind. And I haven't even used all the spots I went through then. I'm saving some for future use.

Mann made a tongue-in-cheek side comment about CJ and his 'magic penis' recently. I think our boy's a wizard at plucking cherries. :D

ugh. Lol

CJ squealed and jizzed his pants a little when he read this:

WTC Transport Hub opens today to mixed reviews As the Santiago Calatrava-designed hub prepares to open, critics weigh in

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/3/3/11152688/wtc-transportation-hub-architecture-reviews

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Site Moderator

WTC Transport Hub opens today to mixed reviews As the Santiago Calatrava-designed hub prepares to open, critics weigh in

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/3/3/11152688/wtc-transportation-hub-architecture-reviews

At first glance, I couldn't figure out why CJ would get so excited. Then I thought, "architectural marvel" which is definetly something CJ would latch onto. I bet he can't wait to travel through there... :)

• Like 1

At first glance, I couldn't figure out why CJ would get so excited. Then I thought, "architectural marvel" which is definetly something CJ would latch onto. I bet he can't wait to travel through there... :)

That's the 'concretosaurous Bradley alluded to when the boys were touring New York back in Autumn!

• Site Moderator

That's the 'concretosaurous Bradley alluded to when the boys were touring New York back in Autumn!

I forgot about that to I can't remember if that was a positive or negative observation on Bradley's part.

It does remind me of watching the new section of the Royal Ontario Museum being built in Toronto. When it was just steel girders it reminded me of a parasite extending out into space along side a beautiful old stone building. The older structure looked as if it was about to be attacked my tentacles. It's better now that the girders are covered in glass but the building caused a lot of controversy - either you loved it or you hated it. 

The critics are mean.. New Yorkers will complain about the inconvenience until it's complete and then it will be the most amazing thing ever.. Can't win for losing.. 

Love cherry blossoms though.. The Botanical Gardens in Brooklyn will hold their festival at the end of April.. There's plenty of Japanese related cultural activities.. Fun. 

• Like 1

The critics are mean.. New Yorkers will complain about the inconvenience until it's complete and then it will be the most amazing thing ever.. Can't win for losing.. 

Love cherry blossoms though.. The Botanical Gardens in Brooklyn will hold their festival at the end of April.. There's plenty of Japanese related cultural activities.. Fun. 

Any large public work will face detractors, in this case the cost overruns and delays aggravate the issue. Calatrava has his own style which some love and some hate, but I think in 20 years the WTC Hub will be as big a tourist attraction as the WTC memorial next to it. I can't wait to hit NYC sometime soon so I can check the place out! I wonder if I could borrow Doc's apartment...

• Site Moderator

Loved today's chapter Carlos! :D.

My only complaint, if you could call it that lol, is there was so much stuff happening that I don't know where to begin with my review.

On second thought, forget I said that. I still don't know how I'm going to work my review, but I'll worry about that later. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy remembering the chapter in my mind. :)

Good job Carlos, I just hope the weekend stretches a bit so we get more of Ritchie's visit with his big bro...live or in flashbacks

• Like 2

Loved today's chapter Carlos! :D.

My only complaint, if you could call it that lol, is there was so much stuff happening that I don't know where to begin with my review.

On second thought, forget I said that. I still don't know how I'm going to work my review, but I'll worry about that later. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy remembering the chapter in my mind. :)

Good job Carlos, I just hope the weekend stretches a bit so we get more of Ritchie's visit with his big bro...live or in flashbacks

Glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, things moved right alon and will continue to do so. I'm trying not to be repetitive or predictable :P

As for a review, write whatever makes you happy and then we can talk about the rest of it here. I'll be happy to answer questions or discuss details.

Any large public work will face detractors, in this case the cost overruns and delays aggravate the issue. Calatrava has his own style which some love and some hate, but I think in 20 years the WTC Hub will be as big a tourist attraction as the WTC memorial next to it. I can't wait to hit NYC sometime soon so I can check the place out! I wonder if I could borrow Doc's apartment...

You'd better reach out... If you stay at Doc's place Sean can't be too far behind... 

Glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, things moved right alon and will continue to do so. I'm trying not to be repetitive or predictable :P

As for a review, write whatever makes you happy and then we can talk about the rest of it here. I'll be happy to answer questions or discuss details.

Don't think I didn't notice Dash... Again..

What's his role in this? Who is he fitting in with? When do we get the real story on Trip? 

Do Dickhead and his wife disappear in the triangle? 

Why can't Ritchie stay? Are Randy and Tyler coming back for good? 

Who is CJ reall going to end up with? Is Patrick going to come out? Will Owen ever get over CJ? How many more flings will CJ have? Will he christen Defiant?....you know, awkward, painful backseat.... 

This is what happens when you're not specific. 

I forgot to mention this in my review... The ending with Ceasar and Brett, was perfectly romantic. Every now and then you float those sweet moments in there.. Keeps it real.. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

You'd better reach out... If you stay at Doc's place Sean can't be too far behind... 

What's his role in this? Who is he fitting in with? When do we get the real story on Trip? 

Who is CJ reall going to end up with? Is Patrick going to come out? Will Owen ever get over CJ? How many more flings will CJ have? Will he christen Defiant?....you know, awkward, painful backseat.... 

I forgot to mention this in my review... The ending with Ceasar and Brett, was perfectly romantic. Every now and then you float those sweet moments in there.. Keeps it real.. 

Well you did say... :lol:

PS:

Look for my review tomorrow morning. So there isn't any confusion, I will avoid referring to anything Def has mentioned...geez Def, that doesn't leave me much...

Edited by Reader1810

Well you did say... :lol:

PS:

Look for my review tomorrow morning. So there isn't any confusion, I will avoid referring to anything Def has mentioned...geez Def, that doesn't leave me much...

Uh oh.... Sorry... This is why as a rule, I avoid the discussion thread until after I leave a review.. But we might see the same thing quite differently.. 

• Site Moderator

Uh oh.... Sorry... This is why as a rule, I avoid the discussion thread until after I leave a review.. But we might see the same thing quite differently.. 

No worries.

As I said in my previous post...and your list backs this up...there is a lot to talk about regarding this chapter. As it is, I think what I am leaning towards is more akin to observations than to questions.

• Like 1

Last I heard Dash was in NYC! Oh, the possibilities. More on him, and Sean, coming up soon.

Ritchie, Randy, and Ty (and Rod) will all be back in Washington at some point.

As for the rest... :X Let's just say you raise several issues which I find interesting. You may be surprised who CJ shares a bed with next! :D

• Like 1

No worries.

As I said in my previous post...and your list backs this up...there is a lot to talk about regarding this chapter. As it is, I think what I am leaning towards is more akin to observations than to questions.

I'm playing a balancing act here. I can answer some questions, particularly about things which have already happened, but y'all would hate me if I gave things away too soon. :D

The next chapter will be an eye opener, that much I guarantee.

• Like 2

I've always found my best bet is to just stay mum till after things happen.

I'm gonna have to try harder to surprise you LOL

You and Mann have an unfair advantage, if you think about it, you can probably figure out why I posted the History Repeating music video in my status the day after you sent me the final chapter of Winter. Couldn't resist, the devil made me do it :D

• Site Moderator

I'm playing a balancing act here. I can answer some questions, particularly about things which have already happened, but y'all would hate me if I gave things away too soon. :D

The next chapter will be an eye opener, that much I guarantee.

:o An "eye opener" !?!   Does Harley confess that he's bisexual and in love with....no wait! Chipper wasn't really experimenting was he? 

I bet that's it isn't it? :D

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I'm gonna have to try harder to surprise you LOL

You and Mann have an unfair advantage, if you think about it, you can probably figure out why I posted the History Repeating music video in my status the day after you sent me the final chapter of Winter. Couldn't resist, the devil made me do it :D

Another one of your famous Easter eggs, eh? Must start pondering... :P

Have to say that I loved the video, but the teeth and that smile...was it a smile?...were a little disconcerting  :unsure: