Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

The following is from an e-mail I received today:

Thanks so much fur the continuing story of CJ, his fathers and the Uncles.  It is a great piece of fiction and I have truly enjoyed reading it.  You have done a great job putting together the gay world in Washington DC to the point of making everybody and everything seem real.

I am an older gay male who is a widower. The relationships you describe make me feel right at home with the guys involved even though they are a lot younger than I am.  I have passed the story on to a good friend who used to live in DC.  I trust he will appreciate your work as much as I do.

Keep up the good work.  I binge read the story and am anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

This type of message is all they payment I receive and it sure as hell inspires me to try harder. My thanks to the writer (you know who you are) and to the countless others who have written in the past.
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

The following is from an e-mail I received today:

Thanks so much fur the continuing story of CJ, his fathers and the Uncles.  It is a great piece of fiction and I have truly enjoyed reading it.  You have done a great job putting together the gay world in Washington DC to the point of making everybody and everything seem real.

I am an older gay male who is a widower. The relationships you describe make me feel right at home with the guys involved even though they are a lot younger than I am.  I have passed the story on to a good friend who used to live in DC.  I trust he will appreciate your work as much as I do.

Keep up the good work.  I binge read the story and am anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

This type of message is all they payment I receive and it sure as hell inspires me to try harder. My thanks to the writer (you know who you are) and to the countless others who have written in the past.

What a wonderful testament to your talent Carlos! I've always thought these guys are out there somewhere. Their names may be different, but I'm sure I could find them if I tried....and that, my friend is one of the things that makes CJ, regardless of the season, so special. :):worship:

• Like 1

What a wonderful testament to your talent Carlos! I've always thought these guys are out there somewhere. Their names may be different, but I'm sure I could find them if I tried....and that, my friend is one of the things that makes CJ, regardless of the season, so special. :):worship:

I'll add to what Reader said, that your characters are alive. I definitely always want to hang out with them, that's how organic they feel.. Good for you Carlos, you deserve the kudos! :) 

• Like 2

You know your characters have really come to life when the insist on changing the script you have written for them. While mains do it occasionally, I have found the worst offenders are periferal characters who have chosen not to fade into the background as planned.

• Like 1

Well Carlos it's definitely a testament to how awesome your story is when it has such wide range appeal to so many different types of people of vastly different ages/genders/backgrounds. Personally I'm just glad you're sharing your story and talents with the rest of us. It gives me something else to look forward to every week.

• Like 2

As Def said, it was worth waiting for...very believable and realistic, I think. Well done Carlos!

Thanks!

I still remember my first time, 45 years after the fact, and I hope CJ will think back on this when he gets to be my age!

• Like 2

CJ and Owen take Defiant and ride off into the sunset....Meanwhile, to further complicate things Doc gets a mysterious call from Sean... He's moving to DC! Even more confusing, JP find Patrick in one of the cabins with.....Harley!!!  :rolleyes:

I'm gonna just wait to see what CJ wants.

Me too.. I trust you C, do whatever you come up with will be great! 

• Like 1

:rofl:

The Patrick-Harley one killed me! :)

Defiant will see action, but not for a bit. CJ needs a license first! He can get the learner's permit now that he's 16 but afterwards has to wait 6 months before taking the road test. But I am a fan of road trips...

Sean I have plans for.

While y'all are still reading about Australia, I've been writing chapters back in the US for a bit. Sometimes I get confused and have to think of what's been posted so I don't give away things

• Site Moderator

While y'all are still reading about Australia, I've been writing chapters back in the US for a bit. Sometimes I get confused and have to think of what's been posted so I don't give away things

Thinking is overrated, I think you should stop...either that or Def can ply you with wine from the stash Drew has amassed on her behalf.  :P

• Like 1

Thinking is overrated, I think you should stop...either that or Def can ply you with wine from the stash Drew has amassed on her behalf.  :P

Any of that Liston Verdehlo in the stash? And why is Drew amassing wine? He's not old enough.

:rofl:

The Patrick-Harley one killed me! :)

Defiant will see action, but not for a bit. CJ needs a license first! He can get the learner's permit now that he's 16 but afterwards has to wait 6 months before taking the road test. But I am a fan of road trips...

Sean I have plans for.

:heart:  :heart: Out of likes... I had a thought for Chipper too but it was sad.. He was staring after Defiant.. :-( 

Sometimes, I think about you keeping the timelines and countries straight as you're writing ahead. I don't envy you.. 

Any of that Liston Verdehlo in the stash? And why is Drew amassing wine? He's not old enough.

No, but a friend brought me back a great Syrah from Argentina.. I may have to wean myself.. 

Uhoh... Reader, you blew up Drew's spot.. And I only let him sip Carlos.. Responsibly.. 

• Site Moderator

In a crazy alternate universe....aka the Cards on the Table forum....Def and Drew are mother and son. Drew, being the good son, is stockpiling wine - I know not how, but obviously not on the up and up - for his wine loving mama - that would be Def, of course.

As for Def, she has another theory....Isn't he though... Makes sure I'm well sedated so I can't confirm or deny his shenanigans..  ^_^...

copied directly from her post and not altered in any way, shape or form. 

In a crazy alternate universe....aka the Cards on the Table forum....Def and Drew are mother and son. Drew, being the good son, is stockpiling wine - I know not how, but obviously not on the up and up - for his wine loving mama - that would be Def, of course.

As for Def, she has another theory....Isn't he though... Makes sure I'm well sedated so I can't confirm or deny his shenanigans..  ^_^...

copied directly from her post and not altered in any way, shape or form. 

:heart:  :heart:  :unsure2:  :X  :rofl:

• Site Moderator

:heart:  :heart: Out of likes... I had a thought for Chipper too but it was sad.. He was staring after Defiant.. :-( 

Sometimes, I think about you keeping the timelines and countries straight as you're writing ahead. I don't envy you.. 

No, but a friend brought me back a great Syrah from Argentina.. I may have to wean myself.. 

Uhoh... Reader, you blew up Drew's spot.. And I only let him sip Carlos.. Responsibly.. 

Blew up Drew's spot??? I don't have any idea about what you're going on about.  -_-

Edited by Reader1810

That boy needs to get stoned and laid. Then he'll start acting as a normal being.

May I suggest a 2013 ALFREDO Dried Grape Shiraz? There's also a fantastic California Petit Shira I love but it's not readily available. A friend from college married the son of the owner and I got to taste it during a visit to LA a few years ago. Anne knew I liked wine and had her hubby set up a tasting while a handful of friends were in town for a wedding. It's produced in real small quantities and I can't seem to find it anymore.