Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

We'll have a few more characters enter the picture while in Australia (relax Def, we'll see a bit more of the big, blonde, Aussie, surfer). After they return to Washington, I have to deal with integrating Chipper into the cast, the aftermath of Dragon and King, and the ongoing visits by Bradley and Patrick. Plus things like the basement remodel Spike wants to hear about and a few other assorted open items! A shy character may have to wait until Spring :)

We can always take notes if we have to!

LOL...

I'm having to go back to Summer and Autumn to make sure my continuity works. Not sure how the hell people who write long novels do it.

We'll have a few more characters enter the picture while in Australia (relax Def, we'll see a bit more of the big, blonde, Aussie, surfer). After they return to Washington, I have to deal with integrating Chipper into the cast, the aftermath of Dragon and King, and the ongoing visits by Bradley and Patrick. Plus things like the basement remodel Spike wants to hear about and a few other assorted open items! A shy character may have to wait until Spring :)

LOL...

I'm having to go back to Summer and Autumn to make sure my continuity works. Not sure how the hell people who write long novels do it.

I do have to say the Dragon/King situation is one of the plot lines I'm looking forward to seeing more of after what went down between them in Autumn. There was quite a bit of "reality" in their relationship. Also, yay to more Bradley and Patrick, I don't know why but those two are some of my favorite new characters in Autumn. So more of them is always great.

You do have a lot of characters and sometimes it's hard to remember all of them, but the really important ones are referenced enough that we can figure out who they are. CJ's group at school can be a little hard to keep track of for instance, but I darn well know who his two best buds are. With Chipper coming into the mix that just means more fun.

• Like 2

I do have to say the Dragon/King situation is one of the plot lines I'm looking forward to seeing more of after what went down between them in Autumn. There was quite a bit of "reality" in their relationship. Also, yay to more Bradley and Patrick, I don't know why but those two are some of my favorite new characters in Autumn. So more of them is always great.

You do have a lot of characters and sometimes it's hard to remember all of them, but the really important ones are referenced enough that we can figure out who they are. CJ's group at school can be a little hard to keep track of for instance, but I darn well know who his two best buds are. With Chipper coming into the mix that just means more fun.

I hope the Dragon/King plot line isn't the only one which rings true. LOL

Anyway, the fallout from their breakup will have an effect on the lives of a few of the main characters. The school crowd is important to telling some of the story about CJ in school but your comment lets me know my attempt to make some of those kids more equal than others is working :P

• Like 2

I hope the Dragon/King plot line isn't the only one which rings true. LOL

Oh no absolutely not, I think I may have complimented your story in the past for some of the more believable situations than some of the over-the-top melodrama that surrounds gay teens or really just gay men in general in a lot of other stories I've read. I also like that homophobia isn't the only antagonist that these guy's face in their lives. Sure it's there and it does happen, but it's not the only problem people who happen to be gay face. Like with Dragon/King their relationships fell apart as a result of irresponsible behavior on both of their parts and I'd argue realizing they had different goals both relationship wise and life in general. Or that's just my take, but it was very realistic.

Anyway, I adore your writing Carlos, and I just look forward to more. :)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

*activate pause*

What about you, CJ? Have you surfed much?”

“Ummm, never. Papa promised to teach me while we’re down here.”

“Don’t worry, mate. Your dad can just enjoy himself,” said Owen quickly. “I’ll be happy to help ya get up.”

Master of the double entendre strikes again.... :P

Brett, who’d been watching the exchange between the younger guys with a small smile, closed his eyes momentarily, and slowly nodded. “I’ll pass. But if you want to, you can go.”

Good dad Brett, he's learning to leave the helicopter in the hangar. 

CJ was having trouble getting it up?” César cocked his head and chuckled when he caught sight of Brett rolling his eyes.

Double D - I rest my case... :gikkle:

*deactivate pause and return to reading* 

Moments that made me stop and pause... :D

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Owen's comment "people I'll be spending the next three years around". Owen if going to the states? Did I miss that somewhere?

If I remember correctly, it was mentioned that he will be attending Law School in D.C. 

Carlos, care to confirm or :X my recollection? 

• Like 1

*activate pause*

What about you, CJ? Have you surfed much?”

“Ummm, never. Papa promised to teach me while we’re down here.”

“Don’t worry, mate. Your dad can just enjoy himself,” said Owen quickly. “I’ll be happy to help ya get up.”

Master of the double entendre strikes again.... :P

Brett, who’d been watching the exchange between the younger guys with a small smile, closed his eyes momentarily, and slowly nodded. “I’ll pass. But if you want to, you can go.”

Good dad Brett, he's learning to leave the helicopter in the hangar. 

CJ was having trouble getting it up?” César cocked his head and chuckled when he caught sight of Brett rolling his eyes.

Double D - I rest my case... :gikkle:

*deactivate pause and return to reading* 

Moments that made me stop and pause... :D

I LOVE your pause button!

As I told my editor when he made a smartass comment concerning the line about Owen helping CJ get up on the board-- Author claims innocence, must be the readers minds being in the gutter which makes them erect all these theories.

It's gotta be hard for Brett not to storm in and take control of the situation when he doesn't like something. Thank goodnes Cesar preempted some of the fighting with his conversation at the airport!

• Like 1

Owen's comment "people I'll be spending the next three years around". Owen if going to the states? Did I miss that somewhere?

If I remember correctly, it was mentioned that he will be attending Law School in D.C. 

Carlos, care to confirm or :X my recollection? 

1810 is correct. Owen Zachary Liston will be a first year law student at George Mason University starting in August 2014.

Owen was first mentioned back in Summer when CJ met his brother Spencer who was traveling around the world during his gap year. (Not that I've outlined the story ahead of time or anything, mind you. LOL)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

1810 is correct. Owen Zachary Liston will be a first year law student at George Mason University starting in August 2014.

Owen was first mentioned back in Summer when CJ met his brother Spencer who was traveling around the world during his gap year. (Not that I've outlined the story ahead of time or anything, mind you. LOL)

You outline a story Carlos? :o I would never dream of thinking a "numbers" guy would ever be so organized. Then again, I am having yet another recollection of copious amounts of Excel spreadsheets for um - let me think - character descriptions...

An idea I thank you for since that helped me as a beta reader. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

Just wait until they return to Washington after a couple more chapters, they'll have to deal with cold, snow, and ice! Let's see how y'all handle winter then  :D

I'm thinking we will hear a lot of whining from CJ followed by a lot of teasing from the dads'. :P

And what's with the "Let's see y'all handle winter then" remark? I grew up in Ontario's snowbelt and can handle it just fine, thank you very much.  -_-

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

You outline a story Carlos? :o I would never dream of thinking a "numbers" guy would ever be so organized. Then again, I am having yet another recollection of copious amounts of Excel spreadsheets for um - let me think - character descriptions...

An idea I thank you for since that helped me as a beta reader. :thumbup:

I conceived the story back in the Summer of 2014 and a year and a half later, not much has changed in the basic framework I established back then. The details have gone through a lot of tinkering, but Owen was part of it from the beginning. Let's see if what I envisioned for him from the start becomes reality or if somewhere along the way his role in the story changes.

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

Just wait until they return to Washington after a couple more chapters, they'll have to deal with cold, snow, and ice! Let's see how y'all handle winter then  :D

I'm thinking we will here a lot of whining from CJ followed by a lot of teasing from the dads'. :P

OMG, you called CJ a whiner! After Australia I think he'll be more of a winer! :P

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I conceived the story back in the Summer of 2014 and a year and a half later, not much has changed in the basic framework I established back then. The details have gone through a lot of tinkering, but Owen was part of it from the beginning. Let's see if what I envisioned for him from the start becomes reality or if somewhere along the way his role in the story changes.

OMG, you called CJ a whiner! After Australia I think he'll be more of a winer! :P

:rofl: Could be.  Then again, the helicopter may find a reason to fly again

• Site Moderator

Has CJ ever seen snow? I don't imagine Miami gets a lot of the white stuff. Perhaps when Lt Col Asshole was stationed in Europe?

I do believe you are correct Kitt, I can't see how he could have avoided snow in Europe.

I just remember how much he whined when it was 40-50 F so it would seem as if he's forgotten all about what real cold feels like.

• Like 1

I supposed to remember stuff you said all the way back in Summer? Whatever! :P

Maybe we really do need a character glossary for your story bud :D

Ok seriously Owen was part of your outline from the beginning? That makes me think he's important for some reason...

All I'm saying is, WHEN CJ is ready for a relationship, in Spring possibly, Owen won't be far away on the other side of the world... I mean like I said, CJ doesn't need to be in one right now, but maybe later he'll be there. Plus these two totally have chemistry together. Also, even Brett seems to approve of Owen. Just putting that out there.

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 2

I supposed to remember stuff you said all the way back in Summer? Whatever! :P

Maybe we really do need a character glossary for your story bud :D

Ok seriously Owen was part of your outline from the beginning? That makes me think he's important for some reason...

All I'm saying is, WHEN CJ is ready for a relationship, in Spring possibly, Owen won't be far away on the other side of the world... I mean like I said, CJ doesn't need to be in one right now, but maybe later he'll be there. Plus these two totally have chemistry together. Also, even Brett seems to approve of Owen. Just putting that out there.

After both Summer and Autumn I've posted a list of all named characters appearing in that book. I toyed with the idea of making such a list the initial chapter but was afraid it could end up giving away some surprises.

I won't deny Owen will play a part in the story, I mean, he's going to live with JP and Tom for at least 3 years unless he flunks out. But read too much into it at your peril, I've already diminished the role of some character from what I initially envisioned and others I named just 'cause I liked the name and wanted to use it LOL

And of course I want you to remember! Ask Kitt how many Easter Eggs I drop all ove the place. (BTW the biggest one is known to 4 people and just because I revealed it, although Marc McNally came close to figuring it out.) I told a few readers at the beginning that the story was not designed for speed readers, I try to build stuff in early. ie: the only automotive t-shirt CJ's ever worn was a JEEP one so him getting one for his birthday had already been planned way back.

Kitt's also right when talking about Germany. Although I have no plans or desires to write about CJ as a little kid, I did say his step-father was stationed At Ramstein AF Base and they lived in Germany between 2001 and 2009. I have to assume he and his brother played in the snow back then.

• Like 1

Has CJ ever seen snow? I don't imagine Miami gets a lot of the white stuff. Perhaps when Lt Col Asshole was stationed in Europe?

Miami saw snow in January 1977. A light overnight dusting that accumulated mostly on car windshields from what I hear. I missed it. I was a freshman at Georgetown then, and was dealing with feet of snow in Washington!

• Site Moderator

Miami saw snow in January 1977. A light overnight dusting that accumulated mostly on car windshields from what I hear. I missed it. I was a freshman at Georgetown then, and was dealing with feet of snow in Washington!

I remember that winter. My family moved that summer further south in Ontario. I should have been experiencing a milder winter, instead we got a ton of snow. 

• Site Moderator

I LOVE your pause button!

As I told my editor when he made a smartass comment concerning the line about Owen helping CJ get up on the board-- Author claims innocence, must be the readers minds being in the gutter which makes them erect all these theories.

It's gotta be hard for Brett not to storm in and take control of the situation when he doesn't like something. Thank goodnes Cesar preempted some of the fighting with his conversation at the airport!

:rolleyes: Readers minds you say? I don't think so...just look at the company we keep. :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

22 January 2016

As Washington prepares for its first blizzard in years, schools are closed and the streets eare eerily deserted. If one inch of snow paralized the city earlier this week just imagine what a couple of feet of fluffy white stuff will do. What will a bunch of teenagers do to keep themselves occupied on a day when neither man nor beast dares step outside for long? :D

• Site Moderator

22 January 2016

As Washington prepares for its first blizzard in years, schools are closed and the streets eare eerily deserted. If one inch of snow paralized the city earlier this week just imagine what a couple of feet of fluffy white stuff will do. What will a bunch of teenagers do to keep themselves occupied on a day when neither man nor beast dares step outside for long? :D

:wizard::gikkle:

PS: Excellent chapter Carlos!! :D

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

:wizard::gikkle:

PS: Excellent chapter Carlos!! :D

Thanks, 1810!

I'm jotting down ideas in case I end up writing long enough to cover Snowmageddon 2016... First I have to figure out who's around, I think I may have 8 kids to deal with!

• Site Moderator

Thanks, 1810!

I'm jotting down ideas in case I end up writing long enough to cover Snowmageddon 2016... First I have to figure out who's around, I think I may have 8 kids to deal with!

Be careful what you put in writing Carlos...hungry birds have been known to zero in on new things and peck at them relentlessly until they get results...just saying 

• Like 1

22 January 2016

You say man nor beast that means the kids will definitely be out in it ... by now CJ should have acclimated to the winters.

• Like 1