Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

:o An "eye opener" !?!   Does Harley confess that he's bisexual and in love with....no wait! Chipper wasn't really experimenting was he? 

I bet that's it isn't it? :D

Another one of your famous Easter eggs, eh? Must start pondering... :P

Have to say that I loved the video, but the teeth and that smile...was it a smile?...were a little disconcerting  :unsure:

Harley's going to come out of the closet soon. He's been having a relationship with a pink Vespa scooter with Hello Kitty decals on it! :rofl:

As for Dame Shirley Bassey, she must have been around 60 when she recorded with the Proppellerheads. Her concert was one of those performances I consider myself lucky to have been at. I'll include Frank Sinatra and Lena Horne in the same category. They were much older than I was but I'd rather seen them perform than almost anyone in the current crop of pop stars.

• Site Moderator

Harley's going to come out of the closet soon. He's been having a relationship with a pink Vespa scooter with Hello Kitty decals on it! :rofl:

As for Dame Shirley Bassey, she must have been around 60 when she recorded with the Proppellerheads. Her concert was one of those performances I consider myself lucky to have been at. I'll include Frank Sinatra and Lena Horne in the same category. They were much older than I was but I'd rather seen them perform than almost anyone in the current crop of pop stars.

Personally, I am not a concert goer...the crowds and the screaming are not for me...but to see a classic talent like you mentioned ? I can see the point to doing that, for sure. 

As for Harley? Why do I feel like your leading me down the garden path?  :unsure:

• Like 1

Personally, I am not a concert goer...the crowds and the screaming are not for me...but to see a classic talent like you mentioned ? I can see the point to doing that, for sure. 

As for Harley? Why do I feel like your leading me down the garden path?  :unsure:

I don't go to concert much anymore but the last two I've attended have been incredible. I'm pretty sure Cj's been at at least one of those same ones. The qustion, of course, is who went with him!

The past few years I've been to a few different ones as Mike (my whatever) is into country music and he's dragged me to them. Luke Bryan ws good and he's definitely nice eye-candy.

Isn't the garden path still covered in snow upt there? ;)

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Site Moderator

I don't go to concert much anymore but the last two I've attended have been incredible. I'm pretty sure Cj's been at at least one of those same ones. The qustion, of course, is who went with him!

The past few years I've been to a few different ones as Mike (my whatever) is into country music and he's dragged me to them. Luke Bryan ws good and he's definitely nice eye-candy.

Isn't the garden path still covered in snow upt there? ;)

Nope! It's been shovelled :lol:  

Regardless, I don't think that has any relevance to the journey in the slightest.  -_-

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to try harder to surprise you LOL

You and Mann have an unfair advantage, if you think about it, you can probably figure out why I posted the History Repeating music video in my status the day after you sent me the final chapter of Winter. Couldn't resist, the devil made me do it :D

Oh, that was pretty obvious. But that is where we had better stop before we give something away!

Oh.... I've been playing lets guess since I read this... 

It's fun to speculate and all, but I don't mind being led and ending up surprised... Besides predictable you're not so it doesn't matter anyway... 

• Like 1

I like surprising readers. Half the time I surprise myself with what my mind comes up with.

Chipper was conceived early in the process, Hoever, it took me forever to figure out how to get him to Washington and have the process be at least plausible. When the idea of having him end up in bed with CJ came up, I at first dismissed it. Then I realized out of all the kids, he was the likeliest one to be open to experimentation because of where he was from. My experience tells me NYC kids are savvier and more adventurous than most.

Ther may be one or more surprises coming up soon, keep speculating, it's fun. 

• Site Moderator

I like surprising readers. Half the time I surprise myself with what my mind comes up with.

Chipper was conceived early in the process, Hoever, it took me forever to figure out how to get him to Washington and have the process be at least plausible. When the idea of having him end up in bed with CJ came up, I at first dismissed it. Then I realized out of all the kids, he was the likeliest one to be open to experimentation because of where he was from. My experience tells me NYC kids are savvier and more adventurous than most.

Ther may be one or more surprises coming up soon, keep speculating, it's fun. 

I like speculating too, but surprises and "I didn't see that one coming" are always welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

What's been the biggest 'I didn't see that coming' moment for you so far?

I'm not sure if it is the biggest, but lately, I keep thinking back to the final chapter of Summer and that doozy of a cliff hanger you left us with. I keep thinking about the whiplash I received on that wild roller coaster ride disguised as Chapter 21. It was an amazingly thrilling ride that's for sure. 

• Like 2

What's been the biggest 'I didn't see that coming' moment for you so far?

I'm not sure if it is the biggest, but lately, I keep thinking back to the final chapter of Summer and that doozy of a cliff hanger you left us with. I keep thinking about the whiplash I received on that wild roller coaster ride disguised as Chapter 21. It was an amazingly thrilling ride that's for sure. 

Oh yes, that chapter was chock full of surprises..

Story wise though, it's hard to pick because the storyline itself is built on these characters.

CJ's arrest left me flabbergasted and pissed.

I never thought and was pleasantly surprised that Tom's wife would be swayed by her father. He was so set in his ways I though for sure she was doomed to his influence. 

Also, Dragon and King. They had an unconventional relationship that I thought was working for them. Didn't think they would split. 

Other 'relationships' that  surprised me:

Doc and Chip.. 

Sean.. Who would have thought, after his brother caused that breakup.. 

CJ and Chipper, yeah I wanted it, but how it happened blew me away.. 

Im sure there's more but that's what's off the top of my head for now.. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

The way that CJ took Tom's father to task for his atrocious behaviour was pretty amazing for a kid.

Kudos to CJ for doing it and doing it the right way. That is, he wasn't being a mouthy teenager but a logical, respectful man...just telling it like it is and should be.

• Like 1

The way that CJ took Tom's father to task for his atrocious behaviour was pretty amazing for a kid.

Kudos to CJ for doing it and doing it the right way. That is, he wasn't being a mouthy teenager but a logical, respectful man...just telling it like it is and should be.

Come to think about it, CJ was the biggest surprise of all.. You would think that he would be a stereotypical teen with anger and behavioral issues, or depressed.. But no, that was channeled into building a confident and everything you said, young man. He's mouthy, and still a teenaged boy but when you think of things that happen in RL, it's good to think CJ exists.. 

• Like 3

I just replied to an e-mail from a new reader who's on chapter 9 of Summer. He made a comment about how positive the story was, let's hope he feels the same after he gets to chapter 21! :P

Oh yes, that chapter was chock full of surprises..

Story wise though, it's hard to pick because the storyline itself is built on these characters.

CJ's arrest left me flabbergasted and pissed.

I never thought and was pleasantly surprised that Tom's wife would be swayed by her father. He was so set in his ways I though for sure she was doomed to his influence. 

Also, Dragon and King. They had an unconventional relationship that I thought was working for them. Didn't think they would split. 

Other 'relationships' that  surprised me:

Doc and Chip.. 

Sean.. Who would have thought, after his brother caused that breakup.. 

CJ and Chipper, yeah I wanted it, but how it happened blew me away.. 

Im sure there's more but that's what's off the top of my head for now.. 

Easy ones first: Doc & Chip and Dragon and King. I mentioned in a recent response that 50% of US marriages end in divorce. It would have been unrealistic to have 4 couples remain together long term, or for all of them to have been virginal when they met and never have a relationship with anyone else. Even Cesar and Brett, who fell into the fairy tale love-at-first-sight category, have their pasts. I just haven't revealed a lot of it.

The scene with old man Kennedy was fun to write (the biker confrontation was also a blast!) Tom's ex waking up and Sean sticking around are both the result of something CJ did. But he never saw beyond an immediate problem and try to deal with it. Proof our actions often have unintended consequences. One day the kid will look back at his first year in Washington and say: Crap, I never realized that would happen!

• Like 2

Come to think about it, CJ was the biggest surprise of all.. You would think that he would be a stereotypical teen with anger and behavioral issues, or depressed.. But no, that was channeled into building a confident and everything you said, young man. He's mouthy, and still a teenaged boy but when you think of things that happen in RL, it's good to think CJ exists.. 

Repeating myself here but a lot of CJ is based on teens who I've been around. Being around adults the entire summer may have been the best thing, he saw how mostly mature men act. I have a young friend (15 years younger) who always complained about so many gay men of my generation dying in the AIDS pandemic. He felt cheated because his own generation was left without many role models or experianced mentors. Troy's words over many long conversations (we drove together from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego when he moved there and then I spent a week helping him get settled) helped influence the story. I wanted CJ to have the benefit of a bunch of older guys being there when he had questions or issues. You can tell how much I wanted the kid to benefit from those chats when in the first few chapters I had Dragon and King give him a crash course on relationships, drugs, and sex LOL

• Like 1

One more thing...

I mentioned this to someone in a private message but I think I should share it with all of you who read my stories. I reached 5,000 rep points today. Thank you all who've liked anything I've written or comments I've made. It's only a number, but knowing it came from you guys makes it special.

:worship:

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I just replied to an e-mail from a new reader who's on chapter 9 of Summer. He made a comment about how positive the story was, let's hope he feels the same after he gets to chapter 21! :P

:o  :unsure: How could he not?  ;)

• Like 1

:o  :unsure: How could he not?  ;)

Oh, I'm pretty sure that chapter cost me some readers. I think I'll blame it on C James and Circumnavigation. Those damn cliffhangers of his drove me nuts when I was reading his story :yes:

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

One more thing...

I mentioned this to someone in a private message but I think I should share it with all of you who read my stories. I reached 5,000 rep points today. Thank you all who've liked anything I've written or comments I've made. It's only a number, but knowing it came from you guys makes it special.

:wizard:  :wizard:  :wizard:  :wizard:  :wizard:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:wizard:  :wizard:  :wizard:  :wizard:  :wizard:

It may only be a "number" as you say, but it is impressive nonetheless

and it's a testament to your prowess as an author and being an all around good guy that got you to that point!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug: 

You gaveth, so have you receveth. 

• Like 2

He's lucky he doesn't have to wait to find out... 

One more thing...

Congrats! You rock! Lol.. 

Oh, I'm pretty sure that chapter cost me some readers. I think I'll blame it on C James and Circumnavigation. Those damn cliffhangers of his drove me nuts when I was reading his story :yes:

I'm glad I read C James when it was complete.. The cliffies were brutal.  

I cant imagine readers dropping off after Ch 21. I mean you know more is coming how the hell don't you want to find out what happened.. There was no way I wasn't making it to now. Every chapter just kept you going.. Ahh.. Different strokes I guess.. 

Edited by Defiance19
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I find it odd that  it would have cost you readers. It sure didn't with me, but if I had been on the fence, I certainly would have been right up there front and centre to find out the outcome of all those cliffies..

And might I add, that apart from the tragedy of Adriano's family [i'm still waiting for the results of the Easter egg (or did it get eaten?) on that front because I'm thinking that can't be all there is to that story] it lead to good and amusing stories - Tom and his kids' reunion and Brett parking his bike with a purpose at the police station..that still makes me smile.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Off topic, but it's supposedly only 2 C( 36 F) outside but I'm sitting in my den and I'm hot. Okay, so the sun is shining in on me but the sliding door is wide open...

Oh well, shouldn't complain should I?

• Like 1

Off topic, but it's supposedly only 2 C( 36 F) outside but I'm sitting in my den and I'm hot. Okay, so the sun is shining in on me but the sliding door is wide open...

Oh well, shouldn't complain should I?

I'm sitting in my office, windows open, wearing boxers. <Carlos ducks to avoid the bottle of Canadian maple syrup thrown his way>

I expected groans at the end of Summer, but was surprised some people thought I'd leave the story hanging. In retrospect, being a new author probably made people think I would abandon it as so many others have done. Yes, I have a few bloody authors on my kill list.

• Site Moderator

I'm sitting in my office, windows open, wearing boxers. <Carlos ducks to avoid the bottle of Canadian maple syrup thrown his way>

I expected groans at the end of Summer, but was surprised some people thought I'd leave the story hanging. In retrospect, being a new author probably made people think I would abandon it as so many others have done. Yes, I have a few bloody authors on my kill list.

You don't ever have to worry about me throwing a bottle of Canadian maple syrup at you...I would never waste maple syrup like that.  -_-

I hear you, there are stories I am interested in but a lot of them go in my Pending folder now for that very reason. Thankfully, there are authors out there that I can count on to keep the chapters coming at regular and consistent intervals.

• Like 1

Even well established "reliable" authors, signature authors, leave stories on hold. Mark Arbour hasn't written anything for Black Widow since the first week of January. It's good to know we can depend on you :)

• Like 1