Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Carlos, Carlos, Carlos...I was going to be the one who yelled at you, but I am going to restrain myself from said outburst.

Just know you better make this right in Chapter 1 of Spring or else....

By making it right do you mean a drawn out hospital scene full of angst, tears and hand wringing?

Or are you asking me to write a tearjerker of a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery? Maybe you have something else in mind?

I mean, I still have time to change what I've written so far. Kit did suggest I reinforce my bunker in case people came looking for me.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

By making it right do you mean a drawn out hospital scene full of angst, tears and hand wringing?

Or are you asking me to write a tearjerker of a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery? Maybe you have something else in mind?

I mean, I still have time to change what I've written so far. Kit did suggest I reinforce my bunker in case people came looking for me.

CARLOS!!

There! I yelled so are happy now to get a rise out of me?  :angry:

You know very well, what I mean when I say make things right!

And just so you know, the International Spy, B and/or the dragon will have to get in line behind me if :X  happens because I seemed to recall a conversation we had and I warned you it would be a very bad thing to :X 

• Like 1

CARLOS!!

There! I yelled so are happy now to get a rise out of me?  :angry:

You know very well, what I mean when I say make things right!

And just so you know, the International Spy, B and/or the dragon will have to get in line behind me if :X  happens because I seemed to recall a conversation we had and I warned you it would be a very bad thing to :X

Damn! I was eating lunch and I heard you all the way in the kitchen. Talk about getting my attention!

After the event ending Summer, CJ came out a stronger, more self-assured young man. It helped him make up his ming he wasn't going to live his life in the closet. I'm hoping the same happens after this catastrophe.

April 1!

The guy at Daytona Beach needs to do some explaining - as a beta reader, I should have the opportunity to be smug and say I knew before you but a certain someone decided that the final chapter should be a surprise. Blooming heck I never saw that coming.

Def is an international spy - she has her ways of making you talk - if she needs help I will be there :P

Thanks B... A dragon as back up too, plus whatever Reader comes up with... 

Def may need to share a lot of wine with me to make me spill the beans before the first chapter of Spring gets posted... I've been known to loosen up when intoxicated.

Loose works....*adds wine to interrogation package*

some jolly juice will do that lol

:o......

My recently planted sweet mint is spreading nicely in the backyard. I plan on harvesting some leaves tonight and start Mojito season while watching basketball at home. At least I will be smiling. I learned my lesson about trying to watch a game and really hear what's going on when I'm at a sports bar surrounded by drunks. (I may have been one of those since it was only a 3 blocks crawl back home and I doidn't have to worry about driving or riding.

.....oh... I need to tame my baser thoughts... 

Damn! I was eating lunch and I heard you all the way in the kitchen. Talk about getting my attention!

After the event ending Summer, CJ came out a stronger, more self-assured young man. It helped him make up his ming he wasn't going to live his life in the closet. I'm hoping the same happens after this catastrophe.

April 1!

I was trying and forgot to make that point in my review. How CJ handles himself after this... (Lunch rush)... 

It is not lost on me April 1 is a day for foolery..... Tread carefully.... 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

After the event ending Summer, CJ came out a stronger, more self-assured young man. It helped him make up his mind he wasn't going to live his life in the closet. I'm hoping the same happens after this catastrophe.

April 1!

Personally, I think our CJ is doing quite alright on his own.  There's no need to be adding these little tests for his character. Ah well, the genie is out of the bottle and is enjoying her freedom...no chance of stuffing her back in, is there?

April 1, eh? I will consider that your birthday present - albeit early - to me, so in advance....

Thanks for my gift! I love it! I will love it, right? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Personally, I think our CJ is doing quite alright on his own.  There's no need to be adding these little tests for his character. Ah well, the genie is out of the bottle and is enjoying her freedom...no chance of stuffing her back in, is there?

April 1, eh? I will consider that your birthday present - albeit early - to me, so in advance....

Thanks for my gift! I love it! I will love it, right? 

Loving it is in the eye of the beholder. And using that word as the basis, y'all better remember beheading authors isn't legal anywhere in North America!

Tentative date. Subject to the stars (read editors/betas) aligning.

Don't go blaming me if you miss posting on April 1 mister. It's only March 12 and I have returned chapter 1. You best think on getting more to me if you want to stay on schedule!

• Like 1

Don't go blaming me if you miss posting on April 1 mister. It's only March 12 and I have returned chapter 1. You best think on getting more to me if you want to stay on schedule!

I was compared to THE goat earlier in a review, don't you want to be part of the herd? You could be the scapegoat :D

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Loving it is in the eye of the beholder. And using that word as the basis, y'all better remember beheading authors isn't legal anywhere in North America!

Tentative date. Subject to the stars (read editors/betas) aligning.

Two words for you. International.Waters.  -_-

• Like 1

I know I can bribe Def with wine and Bucket with hot boys. You and the dragon I'm still working on.

Reader likes cake, with lots of icing, just sayin.
  • Like 1

Rod, Randy, and Tyler talked to CJ about this when they heard their cousin would be in New York City

Bradley asked what the 'concretausaurus' was during their trip to NYC.

Calatrava's WTC Station's finally open. Here's a few pictures of it...

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/3/3/11157142/the-wtc-transportation-hub-is-open-tour-calatrava-s-creation-in

tim!!!! That is supposed to be a secret.... :ph34r:

:ph34r::P:ph34r:

It is? Okay. Reader doesnt like cake with lots of icing. :) Just pictures of them. Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1

It is? Okay. Reader doesnt like cake with lots of icing. :) Just pictures of them.

See Carlos, tim was mistaken in his assertion that I liked cake with lots of icing  ;)

Does this mean I shouldn't place that order? :)

Oh, well, more for me!!!!!!!

BTW- the salted caramel ones I'll pass on. The flavoring comes strictly from the icing. I would have loved little chunks of caramel baked into the cake itself.

• Site Moderator

Does this mean I shouldn't place that order? :)

Oh, well, more for me!!!!!!!

BTW- the salted caramel ones I'll pass on. The flavoring comes strictly from the icing. I would have loved little chunks of caramel baked into the cake itself.

Bon appetit Carlos!  :)

• Like 1

Two words for you. International.Waters.  -_-

I love this ... it was my immediate response ...

tim!!!! That is supposed to be a secret.... :ph34r: 

:ph34r:  :P  :ph34r:

Uhmm, it's really not much of a secret.

While, I'm not happy with the thought of any of the potential horrors that could evolve, the story is Carlos' to tell and I'm sure that he's keeping in mind just what CJ might do to him if his Papa doesn't come out of this okay.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

"Colonel and Mrs Edwards are more than Brett's boss and CJ's principal; they've become family friends. When the helicopter crashes, the Colonel doesn't wait for whatever the military protocol is. He sends cars to collect CJ and Cesar, calls his wife to get CJ out of class and ready to go and then call Cesar to let him know what's going on (or vice-versa, the order doesn't really matter.)

Let me know if that satisfactorily answers your question. Just post a message in the story discussion thread."

~~~~~~~~~~

see I am not the only one with this thought. I was surprised Cesar was not in the office to be there for CJ - CJ is a minor after all. Then again, the friendship aspect of the relationship between the four people in question does lend credence to this scenario. 

I am curious to see how this all works out. Is Carlos going to be in the car that comes for CJ? Is it going to be one of their friends or another military person whom CJ knows? I can't see him in the car by himself (apart from the driver, of course) or it being the Colonel or even Mrs. Edwards going with him - unless there is a vice-principal at the school to cover for her...

April 1 seems so far away....

• Site Moderator

While, I'm not happy with the thought of any of the potential horrors that could evolve, the story is Carlos' to tell and I'm sure that he's keeping in mind just what CJ might do to him if his Papa doesn't come out of this okay.

I think it's a safe bet Brett isn't going to be killed off but as for the extent of the bumps and bruises....only time (and Carlos) will tell.

I just had a vision of Brett as the quintessional bad patient - grumpy and whiny as all get out. Hmm? How accurate is my vision, I wonder  :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

I think CJ would be more pissed at me if I killed Brett than if I killed his biological father!

"Colonel and Mrs Edwards are more than Brett's boss and CJ's principal; they've become family friends. When the helicopter crashes, the Colonel doesn't wait for whatever the military protocol is. He sends cars to collect CJ and Cesar, calls his wife to get CJ out of class and ready to go and then call Cesar to let him know what's going on (or vice-versa, the order doesn't really matter.)

Let me know if that satisfactorily answers your question. Just post a message in the story discussion thread."

~~~~~~~~~~

see I am not the only one with this thought. I was surprised Cesar was not in the office to be there for CJ - CJ is a minor after all. Then again, the friendship aspect of the relationship between the four people in question does lend credence to this scenario. 

I am curious to see how this all works out. Is Carlos going to be in the car that comes for CJ? Is it going to be one of their friends or another military person whom CJ knows? I can't see him in the car by himself (apart from the driver, of course) or it being the Colonel or even Mrs. Edwards going with him - unless there is a vice-principal at the school to cover for her...

April 1 seems so far away....

I love explaining little details.

Helicopter crashes, the Pentagon goes on lockdown fearing a terrorist attack, Col Edwards ignores everything, taps two of his Marines and sends them off to WALLS and to Cesasr's office. Cesar can't reach CJ since the kid has to turn off the phone during classes, he's told the boy's being picked up and he trusts the Colonel to deliver the kid safely. CJ does ride alone to where Brett has been taken but he and Cesar arrive within moments of each other.

Clearer?

I think it's a safe Brett isn't going to be killed off but as for the extent of the bumps and bruises....only time (and Carlos) will tell.

I just had a vision of Brett as the quintessional bad patient - grumpy and whiny as all get out. Hmm? How accurate is my vision, I wonder  :P

Hold that thought. But also remember I don't like to repeat myself and we've had our share of bedside tears and angst. Chapter one of Spring is done. Trying to decide what to do with the opening scene though. It's had a lot of comments from the support team and I'm toying with the idea of tinkering with it. I'm gonna let it sit and then read the chapter again in a few days.

• Site Moderator

I think CJ would be more pissed at me if I killed Brett than if I killed his biological father!

I love explaining little details.

Helicopter crashes, the Pentagon goes on lockdown fearing a terrorist attack, Col Edwards ignores everything, taps two of his Marines and sends them off to WALLS and to Cesasr's office. Cesar can't reach CJ since the kid has to turn off the phone during classes, he's told the boy's being picked up and he trusts the Colonel to deliver the kid safely. CJ does ride alone to where Brett has been taken but he and Cesar arrive within moments of each other.

Clearer?

Hold that thought. But also remember I don't like to repeat myself and we've had our share of bedside tears and angst. Chapter one of Spring is done. Trying to decide what to do with the opening scene though. It's had a lot of comments from the support team and I'm toying with the idea of tinkering with it. I'm gonna let it sit and then read the chapter again in a few days.

Much, thank you. :)

...forgot about the lockdown. Thank goodness they have an ally in the Colonel. 

Edit: I would think too that they both have their phones on and have spoken to or are speaking to each other during said car rides. 

The grumpy and the whiny can take place at home, you know.

Hospitals like to discharge patients ASAP nowadays, so if he doesn't need close monitoring, he's outta there - I'm speaking from experience - major surgery twice and out of the hospital in two days both times. It's not like when I was a kid and you stayed in the hospital until the surgical stitches came out (three times in that case) 

Just imagine Cesar and CJ having to deal with Brett in that scenario. Hilarity and sarcasm abounding. :gikkle:

Edited by Reader1810