Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

I've just realized I don't think I've left a review for the last couple chapters. Or perhaps I've missed a week here or there. But anyway, just want to keep throwing encouragement out there about how much I'm loving this story and how much I (and a ton of others) appreciate what you do. The reliable consistent posting is definitely a plus, just like Bucket mentioned above. I personally get gun shy starting very many new stories because there's so many that get put on hold and abandoned for whatever reason by the writer, or updates are so infrequent it gets discouraging to keep up with them and have to wait months for the next part. So you posting every week is definitely appreciated, moreover that your story is engaging and enjoyable is also a plus.

As for questions well there's a whole laundry list of good questions in the previous post, and those are the questions I've been thinking about as well. I think most recently what surprised me the most was Chipper going all the way with CJ, and the first time they messed around at all. I had just read Chipper as solidly straight and comfortable with himself and those around him. Though that cuddling with CJ definitely planted the seed of possibly for me.

I'll also admit that while I was reading Patrick's conversation with CJ the idea that he might come out was running through my mind as well. But I dismissed it after he explained why he was asking. Though it's still totally possible, but I just figured with him being so young he might not know for years. I know some people like CJ (or the guy I'm currently dating) have always known, some people are like one of my best friends and don't know until their 20s. And then there's me that didn't realize until I was a senior in high school, despite all the experimentation, fantasizing, and the fact that I couldn't take my eyes off the cute boys since I was about 11. But hey I was a super obtuse teenager, and still being attracted to girls sure didn't help. So we can give Patrick plenty of time to figure himself out.

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 5

I've just realized I don't think I've left a review for the last couple chapters. Or perhaps I've missed a week here or there. But anyway, just want to keep throwing encouragement out there about how much I'm loving this story and how much I (and a ton of others) appreciate what you do. The reliable consistent posting is definitely a plus, just like Bucket mentioned above. I personally get gun shy starting very many new stories because there's so many that get put on hold and abandoned for whatever reason by the writer, or updates are so infrequent it gets discouraging to keep up with them and have to wait months for the next part. So you posting every week is definitely appreciated, moreover that your story is engaging and enjoyable is also a plus.

As for questions well there's a whole laundry list of good questions in the previous post, and those are the questions I've been thinking about as well. I think most recently what surprised me the most was Chipper going all the way with CJ, and the first time they messed around at all. I had just read Chipper as solidly straight and comfortable with himself and those around him. Though that cuddling with CJ definitely planted the seed of possibly for me.

I'll also admit that while I was reading Patrick's conversation with CJ the idea that he might come out was running through my mind as well. But I dismissed it after he explained why he was asking. Though it's still totally possible, but I just figured with him being so young he might not know for years. I know some people like CJ (or the guy I'm currently dating) have always known, some people are like one of my best friends and don't know until their 20s. And then there's me that didn't realize until I was a senior in high school, despite all the experimentation, fantasizing, and the fact that I couldn't take my eyes off the cute boys since I was about 11. But hey I was a super obtuse teenager, and still being attracted to girls sure didn't help. So we can give Patrick plenty of time to figure himself out.

hope you realize your reviews your reviews/comments are always welcome!

The events surrounding Chipper were inspired by an experience I had years ago with a buddy I shared hockey season tickets with. He was older and married but the events were similar. Although Eric approached me with his wife's permission and encouragement :P

CJ blowing up the closet door hinges when he came out, places him in a unique position to serve as a guide/sounding board/idol to his friends. Having Brett and Cesar as his own support system gives him some extra wisdom since they treat him as an adult most of the time. In due course, everyone's sexuality will be revealed! :D

One final thing. I know how the story ends, and I know most of the way we'll get there. There won't be a struggle trying to figure out what happens, so there shouldn't be any interruptions in posting, except for announced breaks in between books.

• Like 1

One day the kid will look back at his first year in Washington and say: Crap, I never realized that would happen!

I've always thought he would one day say to someone " Hey! Look at all the good I managed to do with just one little act! If I can you can too!"

Oh, I'm pretty sure that chapter cost me some readers. I think I'll blame it on C James and Circumnavigation. Those damn cliffhangers of his drove me nuts when I was reading his story :yes:

Cliffies are less likely to drive a reader away when the solutions are already available! No waiting, just turn the page.

l.  

I cant imagine readers dropping off after Ch 21. I mean you know more is coming how the hell don't you want to find out what happened.. There was no way I wasn't making it to now. Every chapter just kept you going.. Ahh.. Different strokes I guess.. 

That's what I mean.  Cliffies bring people back just to find out what happens in some cases, even if they decide not to read new stuff later.

I just can't walk away from a cliffie!

I had just read Chipper as solidly straight and comfortable with himself and those around him. 

Some kids need to do the experimentation, if for no other reason but to be sure they had made the right decision.

One final thing. I know how the story ends, and I know most of the way we'll get there. There won't be a struggle trying to figure out what happens, so there shouldn't be any interruptions in posting, except for announced breaks in between books.

And for those few spots he is not quite sure which fork in the road CJ and/or his pals will take, I can assure you he is already thinking about it, discussing things with Mann and myself, and by the time he gets there he should have it all pretty well nailed down.

• Like 3

Problem is Bucket wants an alien abduction. If I go there somebody's going to end up pregnant! An alien child born right next to the Exorcist Stairs... nah, Blatty did that one already. Although I do think tossing someone down those steps would be fun!

Kitt, I now keep a pad and pen in the couch's side pocket. Funny how lines of dialogue or scenes pop into my head while vegging in front of the TV. Had a great one yesterday but it'll have to wait. A tad too sappy for the story at this time. But I'm definitely using it at some point.

I've always thought he would one day say to someone " Hey! Look at all the good I managed to do with just one little act! If I can you can too!"

I'm working my way towards something like that :D

• Like 1

I like surprising readers. Half the time I surprise myself with what my mind comes up with.

Chipper was conceived early in the process, Hoever, it took me forever to figure out how to get him to Washington and have the process be at least plausible. When the idea of having him end up in bed with CJ came up, I at first dismissed it. Then I realized out of all the kids, he was the likeliest one to be open to experimentation because of where he was from. My experience tells me NYC kids are savvier and more adventurous than most.

Ther may be one or more surprises coming up soon, keep speculating, it's fun. 

I don't know what happened between CJ and Chipper didn't really surprise me. NYC kids may be savvier but 40 years ago I experimented with a couple of my straight friends and it was a mostly rural/small town area where I grew up. For us it was just horny messing round, kids today I think view it more openly as acceptable curiosity.

• Like 2

I don't know what happened between CJ and Chipper didn't really surprise me. NYC kids may be savvier but 40 years ago I experimented with a couple of my straight friends and it was a mostly rural/small town area where I grew up. For us it was just horny messing round, kids today I think view it more openly as acceptable curiosity.

I agree with you. I did the same when I was a kid. Of course then I went into denial for a few years but that's another story. What you and I did was in a way innocent and not much more than having some fun. I get the feeling a lot of kids these days look at it as a bucket list experience.

• Like 1

I don't know what happened between CJ and Chipper didn't really surprise me. NYC kids may be savvier but 40 years ago I experimented with a couple of my straight friends and it was a mostly rural/small town area where I grew up. For us it was just horny messing round, kids today I think view it more openly as acceptable curiosity.

For me it wasn't the experimentation itself that was so surprising, but like full on sex the very first time they do anything together. But since Chippers's experience and confidence is similar to CJ's it was very believable and made sense. As Carlos said out of anyone it would have been Chipper and the whole thing fit perfectly with his character.

My experimentation was done with my straight best friend, and I never wanted it to end, even years after we stopped I still was way attracted to him, and yet I thought I was straight... Like I said, obtuse! :D

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 1

:o What! You leave it there! again! I've deployed the drones.  Interrogation will not be pretty..I have a black site in mind and no, not Guantanamo..  :ph34r:   :pissed:

We're sorry. The person you're trying to reach is on the way to the 75th Annual Bike Week at Daytona Beach and is unavailable at this time. Please try again at a later time.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 2

The guy at Daytona Beach needs to do some explaining - as a beta reader, I should have the opportunity to be smug and say I knew before you but a certain someone decided that the final chapter should be a surprise. Blooming heck I never saw that coming.

Def is an international spy - she has her ways of making you talk - if she needs help I will be there :P

• Like 1

The guy at Daytona Beach needs to do some explaining - as a beta reader, I should have the opportunity to be smug and say I knew before you but a certain someone decided that the final chapter should be a surprise. Blooming heck I never saw that coming.

Def is an international spy - she has her ways of making you talk - if she needs help I will be there :P

Hey, you did say reading chapters so far ahead of schedule kinda killed the ability to review and comment! But I'll send you Spring 1 a couple of days before it gets posted, in the meantime...

It was a careful balance between smugness and frustration - I thought I was coping rather well.

Def will be after you if Cap dies...

Def may need to share a lot of wine with me to make me spill the beans before the first chapter of Spring gets posted... I've been known to loosen up when intoxicated.

Def may need to share a lot of wine with me to make me spill the beans before the first chapter of Spring gets posted... I've been known to loosen up when intoxicated.

I am not touching that one :P

• Like 1

Geez C, you nagged me to read Summer and Autumn faster and then leave me with the shortest Winter on record!!  For what did i need to rush??

You know everyone is kinda not lovin on you right now, right??

hehe

tim xo

• Like 5

If the shadow passing over you is not from one of Def's drones, it just might be an unhappy dragon.  :angry:  :angry:  :pissed:

Be afraid and get Spring here pronto!   ;)

Was that you? The thin shadow flying over? You ARE skinny LOL

Geez C, you nagged me to read Summer and Autumn faster and then leave me with the shortest Winter on record!!  For what did i need to rush??

You know everyone is kinda not lovin on you right now, right??

hehe

tim xo

I enjoy your comments so much I wanted you to be on the same page as the other readers!!!

As for the lack of love I'm experiencing right now, It'll just make me work harder to turn all those frowns upside down!

Was that you? The thin shadow flying over? You ARE skinny LOL

I enjoy your comments so much I wanted you to be on the same page as the other readers!!!

As for the lack of love I'm experiencing right now, It'll just make me work harder to turn all those frowns upside down!

some jolly juice will do that lol

• Like 1

some jolly juice will do that lol

My recently planted sweet mint is spreading nicely in the backyard. I plan on harvesting some leaves tonight and start Mojito season while watching basketball at home. At least I will be smiling. I learned my lesson about trying to watch a game and really hear what's going on when I'm at a sports bar surrounded by drunks. (I may have been one of those since it was only a 3 blocks crawl back home and I doidn't have to worry about driving or riding.

• Like 1

My recently planted sweet mint is spreading nicely in the backyard. I plan on harvesting some leaves tonight and start Mojito season while watching basketball at home. At least I will be smiling. I learned my lesson about trying to watch a game and really hear what's going on when I'm at a sports bar surrounded by drunks. (I may have been one of those since it was only a 3 blocks crawl back home and I doidn't have to worry about driving or riding.

Ugh... basketball. Basedball, Premier League Soccer and World Cup and UFC for me. Tonight I will have some pizza and wine and watch Dickensian. 

I've only just downloaded the chapter when I get home but from comments methinks I'm not gonna be happy. Not quite ready for this installment to end ... Spring doesn't even begin for another week ... and it sounds as if you've left us with another unhappy pause.

• Like 1

Ugh... basketball. Basedball, Premier League Soccer and World Cup and UFC for me. Tonight I will have some pizza and wine and watch Dickensian. 

The ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) is holding its basketball tournament at the Verizon Center in Washington DC (convenient, isn't it?). Semi finals are tonight with the top four seeds all having won their quarter-finals game yesterday. North Carolina (go Tar Heels!) vs Notre Dame and Miami (go Canes!) vs Virginia.

This is the type of shit I enjoy watching and also the kind of event which ends up being added to my spreadsheet. If I'm still writing about CJ and his dads when March 2016 rolls around in the story's timeline you know where someone will be on the night of March 11.

I've come to realize collegiate athletic events aren't as big a deal outside the US, but since that's where the story takes place I have to make my guys as American as possible. Feel free to substitute another sporting event. CJ does have a crush on Luke Rockhold; maybe I'll have him go to Vegas for UFC 200.

I've only just downloaded the chapter when I get home but from comments methinks I'm not gonna be happy. Not quite ready for this installment to end ... Spring doesn't even begin for another week ... and it sounds as if you've left us with another unhappy pause.

At least you know Spring's coming. I know some people thought when Summer ended that was it. Each season has 13 weeks, Summer and Autumn where longer than they should have been, but I needed all those chapters to preperly establish the characters and their relationships. Think about this: By the end of Spring, CJ will have been in Washington for a year. Let's hope the first twelve months end up in a much happier note than they began.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Carlos, Carlos, Carlos...I was going to be the one who yelled at you, but I am going to restrain myself from said outburst.

Just know you better make this right in Chapter 1 of Spring or else....

• Like 1