Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

Well, that would be nice. But there should be time between cocktails for a chapter or two. :rolleyes:

no, probably not, particularly if he takes his drinking seriously....  :-)

• Like 3

no, probably not, particularly if he takes his drinking seriously....  :-)

Something tells me Mark does when he finally gets the chance to kick back... he's in tough for most of the year...

• Like 1

Something tells me Mark does when he finally gets the chance to kick back... he's in tough for most of the year...

Fuck! I'm in tough ALL of the year and I produce...oh, wait...zero chapters. :unsure:

Edit: I never miss a cocktail opportunity when one presents itself, though. :rolleyes:

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2

Fuck! I'm in tough ALL of the year and I produce...oh, wait...zero chapters. :unsure:

Edit: I never miss a cocktail opportunity when one presents itself, though. :rolleyes:

Out of likes, but thanks for making me laugh... :funny:

• Like 1

Are you gonna join the dark side? :evil: The author banner would look good on ya! :thumbup:

For writing, I'm limited by creativity and time. I'm a good (if slow) technical writer. I'm also a pretty decent editor, but I'm picky about what I'll read and what I have time for. :/

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

For writing, I'm limited by creativity and time. I'm a good (if slow) technical writer. I'm also a pretty decent editor, but I'm picky about what I'll read and what I have time for. :/

Plus, it will infringe on cocktail consumption :P

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoilers: chapter 34

If that NTSB report is accurate, everyone in the family should be concerned since it now shows the evil queen ED has people on the West coast.

I'm still not convinced it's Elizabeth in the first place.

• Like 2

Spoilers: chapter 34

If that NTSB report is accurate, everyone in the family should be concerned since it now shows the evil queen ED has people on the West coast.

I'm still not convinced it's Elizabeth in the first place.

It's the grassy knoll all over again :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Poor JJ, still beating himself up about that blow job. :no: Also, during the part about his vendetta against Ella, I started wondering if he realizes how closely he and Ella are related through the Cramptons. What is he, her half-uncle? :huh:

I guess. He's Rich's half-brother, and Rich is Ella's bio father, which I guess makes JJ her uncle, basically. I don't think anyone's really discussed with JJ the fact that he's Jim Crampton's son. Will doesn't even know. Of that generation, only Wade and Matt know.

What I enjoy most about JJ is that he really has the world by the balls, and he sort of knows that, but things just don't work out the way he wants them to, which leaves him perpetually annoyed. He's really fun to write when I'm in a bitchy mood. :-)

Meanwhile, he's got not just one but two Golden Boy brothers, both of whom everybody just seems to love and adore. (I'd be shocked if Darius wasn't prom king for Malibu High's class of 2000.) New York is definitely good for him for that reason.

JJ should get a gossip/society blog. I bet he'd be amazing at it. The one thing about him is that even though he's not the best at friendships/relationships, he can be really keen at observing people.

• Like 3

I guess. He's Rich's half-brother, and Rich is Ella's bio father, which I guess makes JJ her uncle, basically. I don't think anyone's really discussed with JJ the fact that he's Jim Crampton's son. Will doesn't even know. Of that generation, only Wade and Matt know.

I figured he probably didn't know. When did Matt and Wade find out, though? I can't remember.

Btw, they all know about Ella's being Rich's bio daughter, right?

I figured he probably didn't know. When did Matt and Wade find out, though? I can't remember.

Btw, they all know about Ella's being Rich's bio daughter, right?

They know that, and Matt and Wade found out about that during Millennium at the same time Ella was introduced, I think. I could be wrong.

They've remained tight-lipped about JJ because the reality that his bio mother was whoring herself out to someone who was basically her uncle is just not very pleasant.

They know that, and Matt and Wade found out about that during Millennium at the same time Ella was introduced, I think. I could be wrong.

They've remained tight-lipped about JJ because the reality that his bio mother was whoring herself out to someone who was basically her uncle is just not very pleasant.

I looked at the chapters (66-67) where Ella's parentage was revealed. Only JP, Claire and Brad were at the confrontation with Rich and Jim. Matt and Wade weren't even in Claremont. Only Darius was, from that generation. If Matt and Wade know, it must have happened some other time. Edited by impunity

Eh. Maybe they don't know. I could have sworn they did know, though.

Brad's "I've been taking care of your son for 14 years" line was such a great line from that book. It was the first time that JJ's parentage since Man in Motion was mentioned.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Brad's "I've been taking care of your son for 14 years" line was such a great line from that book. It was the first time that JJ's parentage since Man in Motion was motioned.

I loved that line! :)

Hey, I haven't read it in a while but if Matt and Wade know - for my money - I'd guess they found out in The Box. Everyone else on that trip already knew and pretty much the whole family's secrets were revealed.

That being said, I'm not sure they do, and I'm pretty sure none of the youngins know. If JJ knows, I don't think he found out in any of the books.

Hey, I haven't read it in a while but if Matt and Wade know - for my money - I'd guess they found out in The Box. Everyone else on that trip already knew and pretty much the whole family's secrets were revealed.

That being said, I'm not sure they do, and I'm pretty sure none of the youngins know. If JJ knows, I don't think he found out in any of the books.

Hmmm, that's the one book I skipped when I reread them. I might have to remedy that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So...here I go again. Seems like my only topic of conversation is...WHERE THE HELL IS MARK!! Really? Nothing since January on Valiant?? Nothing since June on Black Widow? Mark...you have over 24,500 reputation points. Very impressive! How'd you get them? From people like me who love your writing. Unfortunately there's not been much to love OR like for quite a while. If you're fed up with writing these stories, let us know, let us go so we can focus on other authors and stories. Of course I would prefer to read updates on Valiant and BW.

Now as I read over this post I start to panic. Am I being too harsh? Is he, heaven forfend, sick or injured? Can't SOMEBODY let us know?? PLEASE!

Edited by Coastguard

While everyone is free to have their own opinion and thoughts I don't agree that it is ok to harangue the author, even if you might be frustrated with the current situation.

We are reading Mark's (and every other non-premium content author) for free! Enjoy what we have been given so far and either re-read some previous content or branch out to read some other highly rated authors. I can guarantee there is high quality work to be found.

Now if you were paying Mark enough to only write, perhaps you might have basis for SOME of what you wrote. To the extent that you expressed concern over Mark's well being and concern over no news, I can give you that without grief...

MARK - if you're reading this, I/we hope you are doing well and/or working through the challenges that have kept you from your historical norms of output!

I personally look forward to your return, whenever that might be...

• Like 2

I do NOT agree that I am "haranguing" Mark. I believe I was pleading with a well loved author to at least let us know if all is ok. Yes, he is unpaid, but...he writes his stories not for himself, but for our enjoyment, and I thus reserve the right to ask....Wassup??

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..