Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

Fair enough...you asked if you were being harsh near the end of your post and my gut level reaction was plain enough, so it would seem that we have a different view on the way you expressed your concern. But that's ok...

We are on the same page about our concern for Mark given the lack of news and additions to the stories we love!

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether it was just being busier at work combined with challenges on the personal side or what?

All I know is that I miss the outstanding stories and hope that soon he does manage to come back to us with more story updates - that and his interactions with the readers that make comments on the story feedback pages!

It seems like he doesn't log onto the site unless he's posting a chapter or responding to reviews, and he hasn't done either of those. So his not logging on isn't necessarily worrisome on its own, but an update would be nice.

• Like 3

It seems like he doesn't log onto the site unless he's posting a chapter or responding to reviews, and he hasn't done either of those. So his not logging on isn't necessarily worrisome on its own, but an update would be nice.

I choose to believe he is just taking a well-deserved break... the guy works his butt off, and has for a long time...

• Like 3

I choose to believe he is just taking a well-deserved break... the guy works his butt off, and has for a long time...

I totally agree and I wouldn't be worried about Mark so much if I heard this from someone that knew for sure this was the case.  Surely someone that is in Mark's inter circle knows something that would shed some light on this subject.

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When Will was 14, his mental age was 17. At 15, it was 19. At 16/near 17, it's now 25. Does this mean that when he's 20 he'll have the mental age of a 50-year old?

In all seriousness, I did enjoy the teen angst and drama. Try to appreciate that more, Will- once day you wake up and you're 30 years old and have no idea where all the time went.

• Like 2

Some 10,000 posts later... you must be really experienced now, Gary. ;)

Geez... didn't realize I passed 10,000, Drew... just an old ho now :P

I hadn't noticed either. Another 500 posts and you'll be second on the Overall Top Posters list. Everyone else in top 10 joined GA before 2010, and most of them more than ten years ago.

And guess what: the only one in top 15 joining after Gary is Drew. :lol:

• Like 2

When Will was 14, his mental age was 17. At 15, it was 19. At 16/near 17, it's now 25. Does this mean that when he's 20 he'll have the mental age of a 50-year old?

In all seriousness, I did enjoy the teen angst and drama. Try to appreciate that more, Will- once day you wake up and you're 30 years old and have no idea where all the time went.

When Will was 14 his maturity was that of a 12 year old and he isn't progressing. He is like every rich, over-indulged kid I've ever known and in an emotional state of arrested development where they don't develop beyond the concept of self.

As I said in the review, I really hate that the adults at Escorial enable the drug and alcohol habits of the youth. It is one thing to be a teen and do sex, drugs and rock 'n roll behind your parents back, but quite another when the parents enable it.

• Like 1

Chapter 37:

1) cease fires only works if all sides agree to it, everyone is made aware of it and if it benefits all parties.

If Elizabeth Danfield finds out The Family has a cease fire in place, she can strike everyone in one sitting. That is a bad thing.

And no, you scattering the family or agents of the Family to DC, New York, TexAss and London couldn't possibly raise suspicions to anyone watching. ) : (

2) how can Will possibly mess up a Kamikaze? Stick with your gin and tonic Will...

Edited by mmike1969
  • Like 3

I'm honestly kind of surprised Will didn't try to graduate during last year. He never really seemed to be that "in" to high school. Mark has been vague enough about what classes these kids are taking that you can just basically believe that Will has been taking enough credits that he can graduate a semester early. And then there's creative liberties and all that.

It kind of would have been nice to see Marie, Will, and JJ do the whole "class of 2004" graduates thing, but then JJ dropped out of 9th grade and Will is graduating  early. So, eh. I so wanted to use the Graduation song, too. Oh, well. Mark basically already did that anyway with Brad, Robbie, and Ace and the class of 1981.

Can we send to Will to Australia for his gap semester? He would love it there. Surf all around and really hot guys.

BTW, Mark, have you watched the Social Network yet? You need to. It nails the time period. Apparently every single shirt Mark wears in the movie is one he wore in real life. Funny to think that Will's going to have a Facebook account within the next year. It didn't make it down to where I'm from until '05. Myspace was big first.

Someone should get Will a Northface black fleece jacket. He'll need it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..