This was a really good chapter his memories were just so ... not gonna say more ... people just need to go read it for themselves.

Thank you, Dugh.  I loved writing that scene. I could picture the whole evening so clearly, including the noogies .  :)

I loved the comparison between the ex-friend and the ex-boyfriend. :yes:

Me too...

Me three. I think it will help open Corey's eyes to how much Jason has changed and grown up from who he was eight years ago.  

Sometimes it's easy to allow yourself to be blind to exactly how bad a person or a situation is until it's compared to something/someone else.  

• Like 3

So, surely he must have come across Marco at some point? Unless he's been in the closet?

I'm sure they do know of each other, but Corey is not in to the bar or party scene at all, so their circles may not have crossed paths very often.  So far Corey hasn't said anything about knowing Marco... maybe he will in later chapters?  We'll see ;)

• Like 2

I'm sure they do know of each other, but Corey is not in to the bar or party scene at all, so their circles may not have crossed paths very often.  So far Corey hasn't said anything about knowing Marco... maybe he will in later chapters?  We'll see ;)

I was simply wondering whether the reaction of Corey here

“Marco still likes the party scene a little too much,” Jason said, poking at his food.

Corey’s shoulders stiffened, and for a few moments an uncomfortable silence fell over their table

had as much to do with the name Marco as the mention of party scene. ;)

• Like 1

So, surely he must have come across Marco at some point? Unless he's been in the closet?

160,000 people live in the metropolitan area alone... that doesn't include the surrounding area... so it's not inconceivable they wouldn't have met... just saying...

• Like 2

I was simply wondering whether the reaction of Corey here

“Marco still likes the party scene a little too much,” Jason said, poking at his food.

Corey’s shoulders stiffened, and for a few moments an uncomfortable silence fell over their table

had as much to do with the name Marco as the mention of party scene. ;)

It's possible. ;)  Maybe future conversations might clarify if/how well, Corey knows Marco

• Like 1

160,000 people live in the metropolitan area alone... that doesn't include the surrounding area... so it's not inconceivable they wouldn't have met... just saying...

True, it would have to be via the LGBT community, i.e. bars / nightclubs etc. If Corey doesn't do the party scene... :unsure:

That's true.  They gay community isn't large, but that doesn't mean that the two men hang out with the same people either.  Marco also likes to travel to Toronto since Kingston is only a couple of hours away.  

• Like 2

I really liked this chapter, no outstanding reason it's just normal living but maybe that's the reason ...

Right?!! I just read it too and it feels so familiar. Easy, normal, day to day... 

And, on my way to work, I meet the same people when I stop for coffee. When I pull up at a light. Sometimes I know I'm/ others are late if a certain car is way ahead or not in sight. Routine causes you to run into the same people who frequent the same places. Same as the lunch crowd at the deli. So Corey and Jason's meetings don't surprise me.. 

• Like 4

I really liked this chapter, no outstanding reason it's just normal living but maybe that's the reason ...

Thank you :*) 

Right?!! I just read it too and it feels so familiar. Easy, normal, day to day... 

And, on my way to work, I meet the same people when I stop for coffee. When I pull up at a light. Sometimes I know I'm/ others are late if a certain car is way ahead or not in sight. Routine causes you to run into the same people who frequent the same places. Same as the lunch crowd at the deli. So Corey and Jason's meetings don't surprise me.. 

I've really happy you both like the chapter.  It's funny, even when I'm in Toronto I've run into people that I know from back home, so it didn't seem odd to me that Jason and Corey would run into each other often with a smallish downtown business area in Kingston.  

Their friendship was never about drama, so it was logical for me to have them return to those easy, relaxing days.  It makes me happy that it translates well on the page :)

• Like 5

Oh, I did it again! (Not enough coffee yet) Half a review, but you know what I was going to say... Loved it.. 

lol.  I've had the same thing happen to me a lot.... and I did know what you were going to say.   :)

LL I'm all behind in my reviews this week, but this last chapter was really good. I'll get around to leaving a longer review but I just had to say it was probably my favorite chapter yet.

• Like 1

LL I'm all behind in my reviews this week, but this last chapter was really good. I'll get around to leaving a longer review but I just had to say it was probably my favorite chapter yet.

Thank you :*)  I'm thrilled because I'm rather partial to this chapter myself :)

Hey LL, you meant isn't in this line of your reply to my review, right?

I can guarantee that Jason is deliberately trying to be in the same place at the same time as Corey. It's just something that happens when you work within blocks of someone.

Hey LL, you meant isn't in this line of your reply to my review, right?

I can guarantee that Jason is deliberately trying to be in the same place at the same time as Corey. It's just something that happens when you work within blocks of someone.

:facepalm: yep   :blushing: