' Live-Poets Society ' – A Corner For Poetry

• Site Administrator
14 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

One great thing about Poetry being moved into a club, is that if you click on the Poetry Resources tab, I believe that each Poetry Prompt could be posted there, especially since they generally include links to information about that type of poem.

20 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

If I assume correctly. This will help them clean main forum page from too much clutter. Easier to navigate.

I've just moved all the Poetry-related stuff into one club and added some more stuff specifically for Poets.  We also broke off clubs specifically for Sci-Fi and Fantasy writers as well.

• Like 4
On 10/9/2017 at 8:20 AM, northie said:

Greetings all, just noticed a new club for poets here . Come and keep me company. It needs some genuine poets, not just me there.  ;):P

i'm not much of a poet, northie, but i love reading all you guys stuff, so i joined:P

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Was reading a poetry site...they had some prompts to get you thinking...one was a gorgeous pic of Saturn. It made me think. Ive decided to write some poems about space. Something different outside my comfort zone. 

What site was that? Way cool! 

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator

I've been in a bit of a poetic drought lately, but I was inspired on the drive to work this morning.  Today, Buffalo is laying to rest one of our police force.  He died in the line of duty last week, and his passing has been felt throughout our entire area.  This is written in tribute to him. 

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/valkyrie/aprilmusings/17

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Emi GS said:

The way
You breathe for me
Is as marvellous as
My heart beats, endlessly, only
For you

I love it, Emi!! What a nice poem to share :D . Very sweet and romantic :).

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

@Emi GS   a wonderful sweet poem .. it made me smile, and that what you want from a poem... a reaction.  Thanks Emi.

That's good to hear you found the humour that's somewhat hidden with a different perspective. And thanks to you too, for reading and putting your views as comments. 

• Like 2
On 10/26/2017 at 9:11 AM, Solus Magus said:

Awwwwww! Thank you tim! I'm so touched I'm gonna cryy. :,(

don't cry .. poets should support each other ... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2