' Live-Poets Society ' – A Corner For Poetry

1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

Working on a poem for chapter 7 of Mojo... Any thoughts on this one? Kohl is standing at the rail of a boat, looking out over the Pacific.

Homer spoke of the wine-red sea,

and of tempest-tossed Ulysses,

but on The Main, success or naught,

criminal or saint must feel free.

Its glassy eye broods on but one thought –

wants each and every Argonaut

to be his own mortality

and seek no more for what is sought.

Thus, poet or simple sailor,

to the shroud The Deep One's tailor

when our final hour is aught

and the salt of our blood flows to Her

Hi AC, I have a few thoughts about this. I will write them together, if I have time, promise.

Very strong images. Great.

6 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Our friend Skinnydragon introduced me to a formidable form called Sestina. It was terribly challenging. However, I have completed my first one, and on a particularly apt day. You will find it here. 

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/parker-owens/occasionalpoetry/73

Yes, I noted you posted this lovely tribute on a very auspicious day. Well done

• Like 4
4 hours ago, BDANR said:

Tried my hand at the Tanka Challenge if anyone wants to read a summer Tanka!

I hope everybody checks it out! AND ;) I hope you continue on with the form and grow to love it as I do. A person can do a lot with it

Thanks for taking the challenge!  

• Like 4

Very beautiful work guys.

I don't post here very much but I thought I'd share this one.

I'm just about finished with what @Comicality has posted for his story Gone From Daylight that, like many others, I love very much. It has inspired a poem and other things that I'm doing at the moment.

This is The Last Sunset:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/mrm/MPoetry/17

Edited by MrM
  • Like 2

Well i've had an odd morning .. wrote a couple of poems... wanted to title them It's A Little Bit Me.. but that was already something i thought. So i looked it up and it's part of the title of an old Monkee's song. So while on that page i  watched a short doc about them.. which brought a tear... anyway. here are my two poems:  It's A LIttle Bit Us

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5
  • Site Administrator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well i've had an odd morning .. wrote a couple of poems... wanted to title them It's A Little Bit Me.. but that was already something i thought. So i looked it up and it's part of the title of an old Monkee's song. 

So you know, titles aren't copyrighted. 

• Like 3
Just now, Cia said:

So you know, titles aren't copyrighted. 

Thanks!!  I didn't know, but turns out they weren't just about me .. but i do appreciate the info!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well i've had an odd morning .. wrote a couple of poems... wanted to title them It's A Little Bit Me.. but that was already something i thought. So i looked it up and it's part of the title of an old Monkee's song. So while on that page i  watched a short doc about them.. which brought a tear... anyway. here are my two poems:  It's A LIttle Bit Us

loved the poems and the Monkees 

• Like 2