Do any of you use Astrology in Gay Dating?

I am trying to understand how this works, because I understand the sun sign stuff, but there's additional day based signs and houses of planets that are very confusing in term of Astrology.

Chinese astrology is also weird to considering the timing of things against I ching and lunar calendar.

I know there's some kind of mathematics behind the entire thing, but I don't get how compatibility of two signs actually work.

• Like 3

No, I don't use anything like that - although, I do find it interesting how theories and such are created based on star, planet, birth month.. etc. is concerned. 

Edited by Krista
  • Like 2

I only use it to get an idea of what someone's basic personality is. It's surprising how much People act like their Zodiac Signs, even when they don't believe in Astrology. I, myself, am an Aries in both my Sun and Moon signs. My best friend is a Taurus in his Sun and a Scorpio in his Moon. That fits him perfectly, by the way.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Freerider said:

I don't use it.

I don't want to offend you but you do know there is no real science behind that? 

I know, I just don't understand how such an elaborate system of configurations could be created. There's some underlying math behind it, but I really don't see how it works. Current bf was trying to show me this and I am an accountant, but it sounded weird in terms of how different combinations and places actually tie into a certain combination.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, W_L said:

I know, I just don't understand how such an elaborate system of configurations could be created. There's some underlying math behind it, but I really don't see how it works. Current bf was trying to show me this and I am an accountant, but it sounded weird in terms of how different combinations and places actually tie into a certain combination.

Yes, well the underlying "math" is not really anything logical ;)

James Randi once did a nice experiment on astrology. If you are interested: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Timothy M.: Thanks for the shout-out, buddy :yes:

@W_L: To write my Suffer No Fools story, I relied on essays appearing in Man, Myth and Magic, New York 1970 (entries in Vols. 1 and 24). This is an encyclopedia set, and any good public library should have it. Specifically, there is some references to how the Houses are calculated, and many many tables and prose breakdowns on how these planets affected (it is believed) the person's birth time and place.      

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Freerider said:

Yes, well the underlying "math" is not really anything logical ;)

James Randi once did a nice experiment on astrology. If you are interested: 

Wow... This is one of two vids that I saw many years ago ultimately leading me to write Suffer No Fools. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, William King said:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, 
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. 

Yeah, well Hamlet was wrong on this one...

Edited by Freerider
oopsie
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I only use it to get an idea of what someone's basic personality is. It's surprising how much People act like their Zodiac Signs, even when they don't believe in Astrology. I, myself, am an Aries in both my Sun and Moon signs. My best friend is a Taurus in his Sun and a Scorpio in his Moon. That fits him perfectly, by the way.

I use this in beginning too. I'm Scorpio and everything in overdrive. Need someone who calms. Not battle of will.

• Like 3

Umm... Maybe there's something to it, but I think it's all just another foolish attempt of trying to know the future or something else that is unknown to the person. All through history mankind was always horrified of things it could not predict or control, so it did everything to try controlling the unknown, or at least create the illusion that it can predict the unpredictable.

I'm not saying that it's not possible that maybe, just maybe there is something to astrology... but in my opinion it's just taking wild guesses. Anywho hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

I'm less on the "I'm an Aries therefore, my future is this," and more "As an Aries, I can expect them to be fiery, impulsive, and great in bed. Your mileage may vary."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I'm less on the "I'm an Aries therefore, my future is this," and more "As an Aries, I can expect them to be fiery, impulsive, and great in bed. Your mileage may vary."

just so you know, Aries tend to be more selfish in bed. "Your mileage may vary.":P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

just so you know, Aries tend to be more selfish in bed. "Your mileage may vary.":P

Which is why I said good in bed. :P As an Aries, if he's an Aries too, then I don't need to focus on him. :P

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

Well I am a cancer, so I come off shy and moody at first, but  within the shell you got a juicy center :P

I don't believe it, but I am intrigued by the mathematics behind it. I've seen some of the tables you guys were talking about, they're raw statistics really. What I am trying to understand is how do you convert raw stats into something like a Love comparability percentage that people can find in numerous websites if they input their birth date.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest LClarck007

I've never used it but I would like to. I guess that this is very interesting. I guess that this can be a great idea 'cause sometimes I really don't know what I'm looking for and what I really need. This is a big philosophy that cannot be understood by everyone but I'll try to do my best. I have a friend who found his love studying astrology and everything that is related to a soul mate. He has sent me this blog https://www.spiritualunite.com/articles/category/twinflames/ and told me that there I'll find the answer to all my questions. So I hope that it will help me to find that person too 'cause I don't want to stay alone anymore.

Edited by LClarck007
  • 6 months later...
On 8/13/2017 at 9:48 AM, W_L said:

I am trying to understand how this works, because I understand the sun sign stuff, but there's additional day based signs and houses of planets that are very confusing in term of Astrology.

Chinese astrology is also weird to considering the timing of things against I ching and lunar calendar.

I know there's some kind of mathematics behind the entire thing, but I don't get how compatibility of two signs actually work.

Personally, I think Astrology is a fascinating concept. It doesn't consciously guide any of my romantic decisions, but I do always end up drawn to the same 2 zodiac signs over and over again...so take whatever conclusion you want out of that 😄

I haven't taken the time to learn much about astrology. Let me rephrase that:  I...don't know squat about astrology. Just looked up my Zodiac sign (Scorpio, apparently. Not sure how I feel about being a scorpion...), and I'm disturbed by how accurate the descriptions of my personal life were (reviewed three sites for confirmation, all fairly similar). Like...I'm personally bothered by this. How did it know that I'm witty and either I'll trust you as a person or kick you off a cliff? 

I have never considered looking to astrology in writing, but I might look at some sign descriptions to better build my characters. I don't see myself using compatibility matchmakers, as they were incorrect from my past relationships and my current marriage (All relationships have been with Capricorns...weird.). Glad this thread exists, because I've been missing out on reaffirming who I am as a person, and learning how I can grow. Using it in writing, I'll glance at the information, but I doubt I will rely on it. 

• Love 1

The thing about astrology is that it's so vague and general that it's easily applied to just about everybody. That wasn't by accident, it was purposely done that way to rope people in and con them.

Most of the guys I've dated or had flings with were what my supposed sign said I should be with. And yet, I didn't end up with them. 

Edited by TetRefine
  • Like 1