New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

• Site Administrator

G'day, Ross,

You'll find friends from around the world here, so if you've got questions or just want to say something, there's always someone here to listen.

Good luck with everything (apart from holding onto the Ashes -- I'm too parochial to allow you to do that :P ),

Graeme :D

G'day, Ross,

You'll find friends from around the world here, so if you've got questions or just want to say something, there's always someone here to listen.

Good luck with everything (apart from holding onto the Ashes -- I'm too parochial to allow you to do that :P ),

Hey yeah I got a question. What are the Ashes?

If I'm being really thick please don't tell me.

Ross

• Site Administrator

Hey yeah I got a question. What are the Ashes?

If I'm being really thick please don't tell me.

Ross

I'm in shock :blink:

There is actually someone in England who doesn't know what the Ashes are?!?

The Ashes is the trophy awarded to the winner of the England/Australia annual test match series. After a long winning streak by Australia, England reclaimed the Ashes last year. The latest series is currently going on in Australia. We won the first match, and the second test match in Adelaide is headed towards a draw. There are five test matches in total. England just needs to draw the series to hold onto the Ashes.

The actual trophy is usually kept by the MCC, regardless of who wins, because it's so old and valuable. The name comes from this mock obituary from the Sporting Times:

"In affectionate remembrance of English cricket which died at The Oval, 29th August, 1882. Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances, RIP. NB The body will be cremated and the Ashes taken to Australia."

The following link gives a bit more of the history.

Hi,

I'm Ross and I'm sixteen. I've had a rough couple of years and have recently moved in with a really nice couple I met at a bus stop (not as doggy as it sounds). My new 'mum' (she hates it when I call her that) suggested I should join here, cause she reckons you are a great bunch. So here I am.

Anyway I

There is actually someone in England who doesn't know what the Ashes are?!?

The following link gives a bit more of the history.

Thanks Graeme :worship:

British people are funny, they invented lot of group sports, but not all. Do you allready heard about "HORNUSS" ?

Old bob

Dang! It took me all this time to find the introduction thread. :huh: I'm from France, as you'll see on the left. I've been writing for years, but for the last ten years I've been mainly interested in writing bondage fiction (I also write for money for advertising and such, and song lyrics for my band...)

I've had stuff posted here and there, in various sub-genres (stories for teens or adults, in English and French)

I must have come across this site a couple times and shied away from it since it looked very complete. This time I'm giving it a go. So hello, everybody! I should have a good grasp of what's going on here around Cristmas 2008! :D

• Site Administrator

To cut a dull story short we ended up sitting on the pavement eating strawberries.

One of the best ways to get to know someone -- sharing a basket of strawberries :2thumbs:

As for me new

I wish you and Ross all the best.

Wow! I'm blown away by this story of generosity and caring. And my biggest problem is a friggin' willow palm tree in the living room that seems to be fading because I'm such a dolt about watering plants too much. Linzi, here's a big salute for being there when a young man was in need. Welcome to both of you. :D

Also a big welcome to our new friend, Bondwriter, from Northern France. I will definitely check out your story link. Say hello to Dusk; he just joined and has an interesting site. His posting is back a page.

Jack B)

Hi! My name is Steven and I'm 17, I'm new here but I read a lot of stories on GA, I thought it was a good idea to become a member :]

I speak French and my english isn't perfect, I understand it, that's why I read many stories, but it's difficult for me to express myself in english, it makes me shy, I hope to talk more :]

Hi! My name is Steven and I'm 17, I'm new here but I read a lot of stories on GA, I thought it was a good idea to become a member :]

I speak French and my english isn't perfect, I understand it, that's why I read many stories, but it's difficult for me to express myself in english, it makes me shy, I hope to talk more :]

Welcome Steven!!

Your english is very good. Hope you enjoy all the site has to offer. If you have an questions feel free to direct them towards one of the team members...there is usually a coupel online.

Welcome, again...and have fun!

Greg

You write well steven, Know a couple that learned english by watching tv shows or a movie. and some of us you can reach by msn or aol etc, hope you enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm a bit new here and just wanted to say hi. So...um yeah. :P

Hi Hopeless and Steve,

A big welcome to both of you. GA is a diverse, crazy, wonderful place to explore the world through the eyes and opinions of an enlightened group...of which you are now a part. I hope that both of you will be active in posting your thoughts in our forums and making your voice heard.

If I had had a resource like this site when I was a teen, I would have been a wiser guy in my younger years and better for it.

Jack B)

Welcome, both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Hopeless,

Welcome to GA. Hope you have fun looking around!! Contact any team member if you have any problems or questions.

Greg :)

Hi everyone,

I\'ve been reading for some time now, and thought I would register and post messages.

This is pretty new to me, this being the first forum I have participated in.

I just can\'t seem to stop reading some of the works here. DK\'s stories really impress me.

There like Clancy grade novels.

Edited by Conner365

Hi everyone,

I\'ve been reading for some time now, and thought I would register and post messages.

This is pretty new to me, this being the first forum I have participated in.

I just can\'t seem to stop reading some of the works here. DK\'s stories really impress me.

There like Clancy grade novels.

Hey Conner (as in 365 days a year?),

A big welcome. After you're finished with DK's excellent fare, check out my most recent story, Domes and Teapots. It has a touch of intrigue.

Best,

Jack B)

• 3 weeks later...

So...I'm Raven. Otherwise, I guess there's not much to say, I really loved the stories I read here and I figured joining would give me a kick in the butt that'll make me write more often, so I joined. It's kinda awkward here though, at the moment, since everyone seems to know everyone or at least someone and I don't. I suspect that's just me being paranoid that people won't like me though.