New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

19 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Hello, GA, I'm digging the old school forum vibe you have going on here. I feel like I time traveled back to 2009. Makes me wanna bust out some Owl City. You can call me Lemon Soda because I refuse to use real names on the internet. Just be grateful I didn't make my username xX_LemonSoda_xX for the full 2009 experience. 

I'm here because sometimes I write stories and sometimes I illustrate them and I'm here to make that other people's problem. 

No, let's back up, I'm here to read other people's stories while I work on developmental edits and then line edits and other gross revision things. Then I'll make my book everyone else's problem.

Also, advance warning: I am not the most consistent person about chatting in online spaces because I spend all my free time editing someone release me from this hell of my own making so if I spend two days socializing too much and then say nothing for the next three weeks don't be concerned. 

Cool, nice to meet you, glad to be here, someoneinterruptmenowsoIcanstoptalking

Please bust out the Owl City, I'm here for it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:
3 hours ago, JamesSavik said:

This is a good thing. Chat is fast and requires no thought. It's mind-numbing to watch.

Forums like this require that you put a little time and effort into expressing yourself.

Some of us have roots that go back as far as usenet.

Hey now, I'll have you know I'm perfectly capable of being thoughtless and mind-numbing on forums, too.  

But yeah this'll be a nice change from discord, where any length of absence you risk coming back to discover the admins were locked out of their account three mutinies ago and now the server is run by pirate llamas. 

5 hours ago, CassieQ said:

Please bust out the Owl City, I'm here for it!

....in the pursuit of this I discover Owl City released a new album this year. Did you know that? I didn't know that. 

thanks for the welcome both of you! 

I can see that you have a good sense of humour and I like it. Welcome to GA, you and your humour will be welcomed by many.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

This is such a friendly, welcoming group, wow, thanks everyone. Nobody greeted me by asking if I'm edible or pretending to lick me which is blowing my mind. It's been such a long time since an internet group didn't greet me with licking and I love it this is probably the inevitable consequences of my impulsively chosen username but I still prefer these non-licking greetings from people I don't yet know

23 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Glad you’re here. I know you will find some good things worth reading soon. 

Also fhjsdt;ks;tiugaest thanks for reminding me of the actual purpose I joined. I got sidetracked by how friendly everyone has been. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, SilentandBroken said:

piercing hot boy GIFMy name says it all but I’m 43 now and living a very different life in the real world. I’m a suicide survivor and narcissist abuse victim and rape victim at 13 by said narcissist. I cannot thank you guys for this free group enough. This is finally what I’ve been looking for. A safe place to be open but still incognito. Much love to my close pansexual, gay and bi folks here. Hugs and peck on the cheek.

-Silentandbroken

Welcome to GA! Happy to have ya here!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

You are more than welcome, new members are not strangers here, they are friends that we are yet to meet. As you have said, you are a survivor, and that is the most important thing for you to remember and hang on to, it tells of your strength.

You can feel free to share as much or as little as you feel you want to, but you do not have to share, it is your life and your decision. This is your safe haven with many friends for you to make, they are waiting for you and to welcome you.

Welcome my friend, I hope you enjoy being a part of the community. :hug:

Thank you Mancunian. I won’t lie, lately, it’s been a bit of a struggle again. I have to force myself to say again bc unfortunately through my abuses..er rather thanks TO my abuses I suffer from the emotional cycles that are common with C-PTSD. Yeah unfortunately it’s not just ptsd. It’s complex bc my fight went on for about a year plus with my abuser, which resulted in multiple events of trauma and yeah I’ve had the therapy and I’ve had the runs of doing good, and riding that success, only to fall off the surfboard again.  I’ll be ok though in time. I just gotta ride it out and I always do. It’s just ..fuck it’s exhausting. It weighs a toll on my mind what else can I say? But thank you again for the encouragement. It’s wholeheartedly appreciated 

• Love 4

33 minutes ago, SilentandBroken said:

piercing hot boy GIFMy name says it all but I’m 43 now and living a very different life in the real world. I’m a suicide survivor and narcissist abuse victim and rape victim at 13 by said narcissist. I cannot thank you guys for this free group enough. This is finally what I’ve been looking for. A safe place to be open but still incognito. Much love to my closeted pansexual, gay and bi folks here. Hugs and peck on the cheek.

-Silentandbroken

Welcome to GA

• Love 5

On 7/4/2023 at 10:21 PM, Parker Owens said:

Glad you’re here. I know you will find some good things worth reading soon. 

I have discovered the fabulous Cosmicality. I’m still discovering a few others but Cosmie seems to know how it is with the anxiety and trauma. He certainly had a way with words. 

• Love 5

@Flame Stories Welcome to GA, you are right this is a friendly, inclusive and open-minded community. All new members are welcome and we look forward to reading the stories of new authors. GA is a great place 'cut your teeth' when writing stories whether they be short or long ones. With the supportive community here you may find some useful help, hints and tips to help you on the way.

There are many good story's to read and more are welcome.

• Love 2

26 minutes ago, Flame Stories said:

This looks like a friendly forum to drop in and say hello. I'm not exactly new, but not old either. I created an account about a month ago to start publishing stories. My hope is to write a bonafide novel to pitch to a literary agent, but that could be decades down the road. In the meantime, what better way than to wet my feet with an inclusive community? Anyhow, thanks to everyone who makes this site possible. I'm already a fan of the atmosphere everyone has created! Looking forward to becoming more a part of the community.

Welcome, Flame! You can learn a lot from this site. It's a great place to explore, and to fine tune your writing skills. Good luck to you! Gary.

• Love 4

3 minutes ago, Brg2003 said:

Hello! I'm new. Any advice for a novice?

Hi @Brg2003, welcome to GA, I'm sure you will find us a friendly and inclusive bunch.

As for advice, Immerse yourself in the stories posted and enjoy them that is always a good starting point, lol. I notice you have joined as an author, so I look forward to reading your first story. Maybe joining one or more of the writer's clubs would be a good start, it is where writers can exchange ideas, advice and help. You may find the help of an editor and/or a beta reader helpful but it isn't a requirement. Just get ready to get to know everyone on the site and enjoy the experience. If you get stuck with anything just ask and one of us will point you in the right direction. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, finally got around to posting in this thread. I want to tell a short story of how I started writing and how I met my husband. We went to the same gym for several years and saw each other, but never got to know each other. But one day when I decided to try steroids, I started asking everyone I knew from the gym and everyone advised me to ask Mike (My future husband). I decided to approach him. We had an awkward conversation and he recommended Primobolan for sale (I still use it by the way). That's how our communication began. Later on I started to approach him for advice. And after our first walk, I wrote my first poem about him. So I started writing about my first true love.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, Perenga said:

Hi everyone, finally got around to posting in this thread. I want to tell a short story of how I started writing and how I met my husband. We went to the same gym for several years and saw each other, but never got to know each other. But one day when I decided to try steroids, I started asking everyone I knew from the gym and everyone advised me to ask Mike (My future husband). I decided to approach him. We had an awkward conversation and he recommended Primobolan for sale (I still use it by the way). That's how our communication began. Later on I started to approach him for advice. And after our first walk, I wrote my first poem about him. So I started writing about my first true love.

Hello and welcome to GA and our community, which is now your community too. I hope you enjoy the written offering we have, if you would like to share any of your writing we would welcome your contribution. :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Perenga said:

Welcome to GA.

• Like 2
  • Love 2